Author Topic: ARE there any good facilities for my daughter???  (Read 15744 times)

Offline The Liger

• View Profile
ARE there any good facilities for my daughter???
« Reply #15 on: November 29, 2005, 04:55:00 PM »
Thank you for checking it out before sending her there.  You may have saved your family years of grief by doing so.

I think you should look to a local rehab center.  That way you can easily check on your daughter to make sure that she is okay.  If you send her to PCS, you will not even be allowed to speak with her on the phone for at least three months, but in most cases, longer.  How will you know that she is okay if you cannot talk to her or visit her when you, the parent, see fit?  

You don't have to believe anything that people say about PCS, but the fact is, there is no way to know whether your daughter will be safe.  No one will be checking on her.  Not the state, because they are unlicensed.  Not a legitimate psychiatrist.  The psychiatrist that WWASP uses travels to and from different facilities and is on the WWASP payroll.  You can imagine how much money he makes from the situation and that he would not do much to jeopardize his situation.  The psychiatrist even testified in court that most kids that report being abused sexually are lying, and he considers a kid to be lying if the accused is not convicted.  That's who would be looking out for your daughter.

Also, they will convince you to keep her there well past the time she should be in college.  They will tell you to force her to stay by saying you will abandon her if she leaves.

Good luck.
« Last Edit: December 31, 1969, 07:00:00 PM by Guest »
t\'s pretty much my favorite animal. It\'s like a lion and a tiger mixed...bred for its skills in magic.

Offline Anonymous

• View Profile
« Reply #16 on: November 29, 2005, 09:09:00 PM »
My opinions on the subject........Every state has halfway houses or group homes for people with mental illness and drug addictions.  I attended three programs for a total of three years, including Cross Creek, and would not recommend this for your daughter.  Anyone who is less than a year until their 18th birthday just counts the days anyway.  My experience at programs was traumatic and I witnessed many of the abusive/questionable practices described on this site by others.  I harbor resentments eight years later towards my mother for the abuse she paid others to inflict upon me, rather than keep me at home, love me and try to work with me.

People, we have recovering drug addicts in every state!  Also those with mental illness who've turned their lives around with therapy!  Are therapists in every other state entirely useless?  Are they all unequipped to deal with severe crisis scenarios?  

The program sales teams present an unrealistic scenario to parents, trying to convince them that there are no suitable alternatives in their own states.  It doesn't have to be that far away or that expensive.  Everyone who tries to sell you on a program gets a commission.  There's no commission if they refer you to a local, government agency or outside resource.  These packs of wolves are like used car salesmen, so please continue with your research before making a decision.

Would locking your daughter up guarantee that she would temporarily have less access to street drugs?  Yep.  Will it traumatize her and irreparably damage your relationship with her?  Yep.  Will she fake her way through therapy in order to move up in the program and gain privileges?  In my experience, about a 90% chance of that.  And in the end, when she's 18 and leaves, you'll be far, far worse off than where you are now.  Without a doubt.

Offline try another castle

• Registered Users
    • View Profile
« Reply #17 on: November 29, 2005, 09:19:00 PM »
rational.org is good. That's what helped me out.

The problem with people who abuse drugs/alcohol is that they will quit only when they truly want to. Other people can't convince them, which is why I think that interventions aren't as effective as people might think.

Offline Antigen

• View Profile
    • http://wwf.Fornits.com/
« Reply #18 on: November 29, 2005, 10:31:00 PM »
On 2005-11-29 18:09:00, Anonymous wrote:

Would locking your daughter up guarantee that she would temporarily have less access to street drugs? Yep. Will it traumatize her and irreparably damage your relationship with her? Yep. Will she fake her way through therapy in order to move up in the program and gain privileges? In my experience, about a 90% chance of that. And in the end, when she's 18 and leaves, you'll be far, far worse off than where you are now. Without a doubt.

:nworthy:  :nworthy:  :nworthy:  :nworthy:

For three days after death, hair and fingernails continue to grow but phone calls taper off.  
-- Johnny Carson

"Don\'t let the past remind us of what we are not now."
~ Crosby Stills Nash & Young, Sweet Judy Blue Eyes

Offline TheWho

• View Profile
« Reply #19 on: November 29, 2005, 11:22:00 PM »
On 2005-11-29 06:21:00, Anonymous wrote:

"

On 2005-11-28 21:29:00, Anonymous wrote:

"I am a program graduate and am more that willing to offer an non-bias perspective of the pro's and con's of programs.  I will say that the program did entirely change my life, and that I am now an extremely sucessful individual.  If you would like to speak respond with an e-mail adress."

NORMAL people don't talk like this. You refer to the program you were sent to as 'the program'? Why not tell us what the program is here to benefit all of us? Go back in your hole troll, no referal fees to be made here, you sick freak.  :skull: "
It sounds like he is just trying to help someone.  In order to make a sound decision it helps to look at both sides (i.e. those people who the programs have helped and those who were failed by them).  
I think if one could successfully jump to judge someone on being NORMAL (or not) based on one paragraph, we would probably take a closer look at what you wrote, you should try to calm down a little, most of us are here for the good intentions of helping others.

Offline Anonymous

• View Profile
« Reply #20 on: November 30, 2005, 12:22:00 AM »
On 2005-11-29 20:22:00, Anonymous wrote:

It sounds like he is just trying to help someone.  In order to make a sound decision it helps to look at both sides (i.e. those people who the programs have helped and those who were failed by them).  

I think if one could successfully jump to judge someone on being NORMAL (or not) based on one paragraph, we would probably take a closer look at what you wrote, you should try to calm down a little, most of us are here for the good intentions of helping others."

::bigmouth::  :smokin:  :wave:

Offline Antigen

• View Profile
    • http://wwf.Fornits.com/
« Reply #21 on: November 30, 2005, 12:25:00 AM »
On 2005-11-29 20:22:00, Anonymous wrote:

It sounds like he is just trying to help someone. In ...

No, it's actually a rule. You won't find any program mentioned by name on Lon's site either. I guess it cuts down on liabilites and bad pr.

When we contemplate the whole globe as one great dewdrop, striped and dotted with continents and islands, flying through space with all other stars all singing and shining together as one, the whole universe appears as an infinite storm of beauty.
-- John Muir

"Don\'t let the past remind us of what we are not now."
~ Crosby Stills Nash & Young, Sweet Judy Blue Eyes

Offline Anonymous

• View Profile
« Reply #22 on: November 30, 2005, 12:43:00 AM »
Programs aren't listed on Struggling Teens, Lon's site for one reason: Lon and others refer to these very same programs, abusive or not. Lon, and many of the parents who post on ST makes lots of money referring parents from this site. LOTS OF MONEY!

Offline Troll Control

• View Profile
« Reply #23 on: November 30, 2005, 08:56:00 AM »
No.  Do the work yourself.  You'll both be better people for it, I assure you.  There's no parenting manual, despite what the programs may send you.  It's your job, so keep a stiff upper lip and have at it.

Good luck.
The Linchpin Link

Whooter - The Most Prolific Troll Fornits Has Ever Seen - The Definitive Links
**********************************************************************************************************
"Looks like a nasty aspentrolius sticci whooterensis infestation you got there, Ms. Fornits.  I\'ll get right to work."

- Troll Control

Offline Anonymous

• View Profile
« Reply #24 on: November 30, 2005, 09:55:00 AM »
Go ahead and register on strugglingteens.com  You will get much better information there. You can inquire about specific programs on the program section, or post your story on the other section and get private responses from parents as well as posts responding without mentioning program names.
Lon is an excellent educational consultant.  You might want to speak with him.
It is absolutely not true that the parents on that forum get referral money.  They are there to help other parents and get support themselves.
This board is simply a bunch of losers.

Offline Fake Parent Troll

• View Profile
« Reply #25 on: November 30, 2005, 11:09:00 AM »
Forgot to sign in, last post was me.

Offline Leaga

• View Profile
« Reply #26 on: November 30, 2005, 11:29:00 AM »
On 2005-11-30 06:55:00, Anonymous wrote:

"Go ahead and register on strugglingteens.com  You will get much better information there. You can inquire about specific programs on the program section, or post your story on the other section and get private responses from parents as well as posts responding without mentioning program names.

Lon is an excellent educational consultant.  You might want to speak with him.

It is absolutely not true that the parents on that forum get referral money.  They are there to help other parents and get support themselves.

This board is simply a bunch of losers."

That's an absolute lie that parents on there don't get referral money if they recommend her to a wwasp program.

Offline Leaga

• View Profile
« Reply #27 on: November 30, 2005, 11:41:00 AM »
On 2005-11-29 07:42:00, Anonymous wrote:

"Is there anything constructive your daughter loves to do? What are her dreams? Maybe after some intense family counseling involving both of you, you could take her on an exciting trip (her choice of destination, of course). If you consider how much you will spend on a "program", taking a few months off for an adventure is cheap by comparison. There are still many interesting & safe places in the world to see and enjoy. You sound like you really love your daughter, perhaps it's time to be her friend as well as her mom. No program, regardless of how non-abusive, can take the place of a loving parent. Please do not abandon your daughter to strangers.   "

I think that is one of the best Ideas I've heard.

Offline Anonymous

• View Profile
« Reply #28 on: November 30, 2005, 11:59:00 AM »
Yeah, well, you aren't going to find many parents on strugglingteens recommending WWASP programs. Join us in the present,please.

Offline Anonymous

• View Profile
« Reply #29 on: November 30, 2005, 12:07:00 PM »
Parents on Struggling Teens also get referral money/fees from Sue Scheff at Pure. Come on...parents at Struggling Teens receive monetary "rewards" for referring to programs all the time---free months of tuition, etc. if not out-right cash!