Author Topic: Belated Thanksgiving Memory from 1972  (Read 858 times)

Offline 85 Day Jerk

• View Profile
Belated Thanksgiving Memory from 1972
« on: November 28, 2005, 08:28:00 PM »
It was 1972 and I was nine years old.  My best friend's mom took us to a turkey farm in Seminole to get herself a custom ordered turkey. Me and my friend wanted to see a turkey get it's head cut off and run around, but nothing doin, his mom would'nt let us.

There was a Kodak 110 camera in his mom's purse, and my friend fished it out when she was'nt looking.  After going in the barn and picking out her turkey, she came back to the car to get her checkbook, then went inside the office.  That was our chance!  We snuck around the side of the barn hoping to get a glimpse of some real Thanksgiving Mayhem.  Sure enough, this tall lanky guy comes walking out of the barn with a turkey that had a sack over it's head.  He walked it over to a big tree stump, picked up an axe and WHAM!!!!  The blood must of squirted a good six feet up and the turkey starts jumping and flapping all over the place.  It was cool as hell, and my friend kept clicking and sliding picture after picture.  Finally the guy picked up the still twitching turkey and started to turn towards us.  We hauled ass back to the Cadillac and he frantically jammed the camera back in the purse.  Shortly thereafter, his mom came back and we drove home.  Being 9 and 10 year old boys, after a few days we forgot all about it, especially the part about the camera.

His mom used up the rest of the film taking shots of her family at thanksgiving and what not and in the middle of December, I was once again on an outing with them and she stops off at Eckerd Drugs and picks up the pictures.  It was then that our memory kicked in, and we dreaded the moment when she peeled open the envelope and started looking at all the blood and gore.  As fate would have it, she waited until we were going through a car wash before she pulled out the pictures and started looking through them.  Her jaw dropped open and I knew there would'nt be any ice cream for us in the near future.  After the car wash, she was so pissed, she drove straight to her husbands business to show him the pictures.  Luckily, he was in a good mood and thought the pictures were funny as hell, be he led on like he was really pissed and made us go around the outside of the warehouse picking up trash until she left.  Those pictures stayed on the wall of his office for probably 10 years.
« Last Edit: December 31, 1969, 07:00:00 PM by Guest »
Inside a warehouse behind Tyrone Mall
we walked in darkness, kept hitting the wall.
I took the time to feel for the door,
I had been \"treated\" but what the hell for?

Offline Anonymous

• View Profile
Belated Thanksgiving Memory from 1972
« Reply #1 on: December 01, 2005, 08:06:00 PM »
Classic.
« Last Edit: December 31, 1969, 07:00:00 PM by Guest »