Author Topic: Where is Marla? Hidden Lake Academy Special ED. Teacher  (Read 39259 times)

Offline LMJ630

• View Profile
Where is Marla? Hidden Lake Academy Special ED. Teacher
« Reply #240 on: January 13, 2006, 06:07:00 PM »
Are you always so rude to people you don't know, who are looking for information?
« Last Edit: December 31, 1969, 07:00:00 PM by Guest »

Offline Anonymous

• View Profile
« Reply #241 on: January 13, 2006, 06:35:00 PM »
On 2006-01-13 15:07:00, LMJ630 wrote:

"Are you always so rude to people you don't know, who are looking for information?"
Yes my fair weathered friend, yes.

Offline Anonymous

• View Profile
« Reply #242 on: January 13, 2006, 06:57:00 PM »
He's is a product of the program. It could be something he learned in the confrontational group sessions (reals), where it's open game.
If you ignore him, he MIGHT go away. Although, he has resorted to responding to himself when no one else did.

Offline Troll Control

• View Profile
« Reply #243 on: January 13, 2006, 07:05:00 PM »
On 2006-01-13 11:50:00, LMJ630 wrote:

"Hello SHH,

Do you mind if I ask you a few questions about your time at HLA?  I have no affiliation, just curious about a couple of things.

Thanks!"

I've been looking for some answers, too, LMJ630.  Here are some of the questions I need answered, but nobody from HLA will even try to answer any of them.   :sad:

Care to answer any of these?

Why does HLA allegedly allow people to work there after they've had sex with their minor patients?

Or why does HLA take court ordered kids but lie to parents and say they don't?

Or how exactly does HLA cure homosexuality?

Or how does millieu control benefit children?

Or why does HLA illegally use forced labor to improve the campus as punishment?

Or why does HLA strip search children when they tell parents they don't?

Or why does HLA use confrontation and call it group therapy?

Or why does HLA not have a contact for grievances in violation of its accreditation?

Or why does HLA use Lifespring large group awareness seminars that have been completely discredited over twenty years ago?

Or what are your credentials to comment on HLA's program or policy?

Or why does HLA illegally accept children in violation of the ICPC?

Still waiting patiently for your response...

-Arnold Schopenhauer[ This Message was edited by: Dysfunction Junction on 2006-01-26 15:24 ]
The Linchpin Link

Whooter - The Most Prolific Troll Fornits Has Ever Seen - The Definitive Links
**********************************************************************************************************
"Looks like a nasty aspentrolius sticci whooterensis infestation you got there, Ms. Fornits.  I\'ll get right to work."

- Troll Control

Offline LMJ630

• View Profile
« Reply #244 on: January 13, 2006, 07:28:00 PM »
Thank you Dysfunction.  I haven't been able to go through all the posts so I wasn't aware that all of those things happened.

I was just curious about a couple other things.  I believe SHH had mentioned that several state groups had visited the campus, including one that did an inspection of the kitchen.  Were any of these state groups actually inspecting the entire facility, and were their visits known ahead of time?  I would think surprise visits would be the most effective.

Also, this is a question that most people may not know the answer to: is the owner of the school politically affiliated?  Just wondering, if they have been able to avoid proper licensure for so long, if they might have someone helping them out with that.

Anyone who could help, I'd appreciate it.  I just asked SHH because I saw on one of her posts that she used to work there and I figured she might have some knowledge.

Good night all  :smile:

Offline Anonymous

• View Profile
« Reply #245 on: January 13, 2006, 07:35:00 PM »
On 2006-01-13 15:57:00, Anonymous wrote:

"

He's is a product of the program. It could be something he learned in the confrontational group sessions (reals), where it's open game.

If you ignore him, he MIGHT go away. Although, he has resorted to responding to himself when no one else did.  

"
You retards have no idea who he is, stop acting like you do, and get a fucking clue.

Offline juniper2

• View Profile
« Reply #246 on: January 13, 2006, 09:03:00 PM »
HLA is quite connected...The entire town is
helped financially by the fact that the school
is located there.  The drug store supplies
all, yes, ALL the drugs for the children...can you imagine the 'pull' 'HE' has in the
community....??????? Never take them to court in
Lumpkin County.....

Offline Anonymous

• View Profile
« Reply #247 on: January 13, 2006, 09:56:00 PM »
That's not true.

Offline Anonymous

• View Profile
« Reply #248 on: January 13, 2006, 10:07:00 PM »
I wouldn't rely on Suzanne for answers. She knows very little about the program, but is very passionate about defending it, sometimes to a fault. If she knew there were political connections she wouldn't tell you.

They recently received a commendation from a Sen Jackson, and shortly after made donations to her campaign for Sec of State.
http://www.legis.state.ga.us/legis/2003 ... /sr966.htm
http://fornits.com/wwf/viewtopic.php?to ... =10#156277

I tend not to think that political connections explains the license issue. Their wilderness program-Ridge Creek- was required to apply for a license after they were reported to the state for operating without one. They are now licensed as a Therapeutic Camp and monitored by ORS, although, they have not had an inspection since they were licensed, which is very odd.

They 'apparently' convinced ORS that HLA is a traditonal boarding school. Therefore, there is no outside entity monitoring the therapeutic aspect of the program. They clearly meet the definition of a RCF, as defined by ORS
http://fornits.com/wwf/viewtopic.php?to ... rt=0#97854

Any public business with a kitchen is subject to inspections by the Health Dept. It's reasonable to assume they are also subject to fire and safety inspections, but not certain because at least some of the dorm windows are locked which could be a fire safety hazard, and probably not allowed.

Suzanne has claimed before that they are licensed and inspected. Clearly she doesn't understand the difference between licensed and accredited. And, a 'business' license is not the same as being licensed by ORS.

Offline SHH Anon Classics

• View Profile
    • http://fornits.com/wwf/viewtopic.php?topic=13488&forum=41&start=34#165552
« Reply #249 on: January 13, 2006, 10:09:00 PM »
Which drug store Juniper??? There are 4. Eckerds, Walmart, and 2 locally owned ones. You make it sound as if the town is some sort of isolated podunk hole in the wall.

Offline SHH Anon Classics

• View Profile
    • http://fornits.com/wwf/viewtopic.php?topic=13488&forum=41&start=34#165552
« Reply #250 on: January 13, 2006, 10:11:00 PM »
Yes windows are locked to prevent runaways and visits by students of the opposite sex. However, every dorm has a night security person and if there were a fire they would open all fire escape exits. There is no safety violation in that regard.

Offline Anonymous

• View Profile
« Reply #251 on: January 13, 2006, 10:45:00 PM »
On 2006-01-13 19:11:00, Anonymous wrote:

"Yes windows are locked to prevent runaways and visits by students of the opposite sex. However, every dorm has a night security person and if there were a fire they would open all fire escape exits. There is no safety violation in that regard."
Excellent point.

Offline Anonymous

• View Profile
« Reply #252 on: January 14, 2006, 12:10:00 AM »
if there were a fire they would open all fire escape exits.>>>

does that mean the locked windows would be opened? what if the fire is between the bedroom and the door?
if that's accurate, it's pretty lax, as my state requires child caring institutions to have two exits from each room. and if the second is a window, it must open from the inside.
did the fire inspector notice the windows were locked? i guess i should first ask if they even have fire inspections.

since there's a nightwatch person, how could the opposite sex sneak in without them knowing?  wouldn't an alarm system be safer? can't miss an alarm when a window is opened. windows/doors locked. doesn't that exemplify a lockdown?

suzanne, not interested in your opinion. obvious that you make up half the stuff you say.

Offline Troll Control

• View Profile
« Reply #253 on: January 14, 2006, 08:19:00 AM »
On 2006-01-13 16:28:00, LMJ630 wrote:

"Thank you Dysfunction.  I haven't been able to go through all the posts so I wasn't aware that all of those things happened.

I was just curious about a couple other things.  I believe SHH had mentioned that several state groups had visited the campus, including one that did an inspection of the kitchen.  Were any of these state groups actually inspecting the entire facility, and were their visits known ahead of time?  I would think surprise visits would be the most effective.

Also, this is a question that most people may not know the answer to: is the owner of the school politically affiliated?  Just wondering, if they have been able to avoid proper licensure for so long, if they might have someone helping them out with that.

Anyone who could help, I'd appreciate it.  I just asked SHH because I saw on one of her posts that she used to work there and I figured she might have some knowledge.

Good night all  :smile: "

Hey.  SHH, or Suzanne, knows just about nothing concerning HLA.  She did work for HLA, yes, but she worked from home as a part-time envelope stuffer sending progress reports to parents and probation officers (further proof that they do take mandated kids).

I wouldn't put much stock in any of her comments.  She is an irrational, dogged supporter of HLA because she was married to the business manager and her parents worked there as auxiliary staff.

About "state visits":  No, there are never surprise visits.  They have never been inspected by ORS.  They were inspected by their academic accrediting agency which has no authority regarding their "therapeutic" program.  

It is interesting to note that they are in current violation of their academic accrediting agency's rules, most especially concerning student rights.  One major violation is that HLA has never put in place the required person through whom violations and abuse may be reported.  The kids simply have no way to report any abuses.  They can't use a phone, they can't leave the campus and reporting abuses to HLA staff results in punishment, not reportage.

Since no surprise visits are allowed it is quite astonishing that they managed to fail a health inspection.  Staff members have reported swarms of flies in the kitchen and maggots in the food.

The owner of the school is very well politically connected, yes.  It has been posted on this site that he and his associates donated quite heavily to politicians with sway in the oversight process.  

Also, just a quick comment about locked windows and fire exits.  That is completely, 100% illegal.  They must, as required by law, provide two exits from every room, neither of which may be locked at any time.

Imagine, if you will, a building engulfed in flames with children locked inside and a "night watchman" charging into the burning building to unlock the emergency exits.  Sounds pretty suspect.  Not to mention that at that point, it's too late anyway.  Obviously, this doesn't even pass the smell test.

Please read the HLA threads and use the search feature in the left-hand margin to look for specifics.  You will have to read around the flaming, distractions, diversions, digressions and dissembling posted by HLA staff.  It is always their intention to steer the dialogue into the realm of meaninglessness, thusly frustrating efforts of parents to discover the truth about HLA.

Good luck.  If you have any questions, feel free to drop me a PM using the private messaging feature in the laeft-hand margin.
The Linchpin Link

Whooter - The Most Prolific Troll Fornits Has Ever Seen - The Definitive Links
**********************************************************************************************************
"Looks like a nasty aspentrolius sticci whooterensis infestation you got there, Ms. Fornits.  I\'ll get right to work."

- Troll Control

Offline Anonymous

• View Profile
« Reply #254 on: January 14, 2006, 08:23:00 AM »
The nightwatch people are already in the building. they wouldnt "charge" into the building if they are already inside.