Author Topic: Seed Dream  (Read 3120 times)

Offline cleveland

• View Profile
Seed Dream
« on: November 28, 2005, 10:12:00 AM »
I wonder how many people still dream about the Seed? I used to quite a bit, but I thought it had stopped. However, just the other day I woke up with a Seed dream fresh on my mind. Here it is:

I was at the Seed on SR 84. Out in the back, where we did the Hokey Pokey, was a landing strip. Art was teaching me how to fly in a small plane. This was great - he was kind, patient and a great teacher. However, the next time I was supposed to fly, the plane was gone and Art was not around, so I waited alone in the small office. Finally, after what seemed like hours, the plane lands, and John P. gets out. He is totally unconcerned that I have been kept waiting. I am sort of pissed off, but he is junior staff, so I hold my tongue. As I head out to the plane I suddenly recall that my flying lessons with Art did not include either taking off or landing, so I can't fly anyway. Dejected, I walk back to the Seed. Then I woke up.

I think this dream is funny, because it shows the type of relationship I wanted from Art - the kind, patient teacher - and instead what I got - someone who wasn't there for me. Also, my jealousy for those more priveleged. Finally, the fact that the Seed taught me to fly, but not on my own, and not how to 'land' or 'take off.' Pretty straight forward metaphors.

Any body else have vivid Seed dreams? And I mean for real...

Walter
« Last Edit: December 31, 1969, 07:00:00 PM by Guest »
ally Gator

Offline Anonymous

• View Profile
Seed Dream
« Reply #1 on: November 28, 2005, 10:23:00 AM »
Do you want wet ones as well?

Offline Antigen

• View Profile
    • http://wwf.Fornits.com/
Seed Dream
« Reply #2 on: November 28, 2005, 10:55:00 AM »
No taking off or landing, you say? U sure he wasn't planning on having you crash the plane into a rave or something? jk

Truth in matters of religion is simply the opinion that has survived.
--Oscar Wilde

"Don\'t let the past remind us of what we are not now."
~ Crosby Stills Nash & Young, Sweet Judy Blue Eyes

Offline cleveland

• View Profile
Seed Dream
« Reply #3 on: November 28, 2005, 11:25:00 AM »
Smart asses! Seriously, for years I had powerful, recurring Seed dreams...no one else?
ally Gator

Offline Antigen

• View Profile
    • http://wwf.Fornits.com/
Seed Dream
« Reply #4 on: November 28, 2005, 12:57:00 PM »
Well, not really. I had Straight, Inc. themed dreams. Then drems about later traumatic events that incorporated some Straight themes. I think I've read where ppl have had Seed dreams. But, come to think of it, I don't think it's as pervasive or as troubling as it was for some of us.

The weavers of linen and hempen cloth, ... may exercise their trades without paying any fine.
-- Adam Smith in The Wealth of Nations (chapter X, part II) notes:

"Don\'t let the past remind us of what we are not now."
~ Crosby Stills Nash & Young, Sweet Judy Blue Eyes

Offline marshall

• View Profile
Seed Dream
« Reply #5 on: November 28, 2005, 07:29:00 PM »
Yeah Walter, I've had recurrent dreams of the Seed over the years. None were pleasant..and none were cool like yours...mostly just dreams of being back in group with that same oppressive feeling. The most intense seed dreams were the night I found this website. Now that I think about it, I think that may have been the last time I had a seed dream. This board must be more of a healing influence than I thought.
Truth, being limitless, unconditioned, unapproachable by any path whatsoever, cannot be organized; nor should any organization be formed to lead or to coerce people along any particular path. You must climb towards the Truth. It cannot be \'stepped down\'

Offline GregFL

• View Profile
Seed Dream
« Reply #6 on: November 29, 2005, 12:14:00 AM »
On 2005-11-28 16:29:00, marshall wrote:

"Yeah Walter, I've had recurrent dreams of the Seed over the years. None were pleasant..and none were cool like yours...mostly just dreams of being back in group with that same oppressive feeling. The most intense seed dreams were the night I found this website. Now that I think about it, I think that may have been the last time I had a seed dream. This board must be more of a healing influence than I thought."

I on occasion had weird dreams about the seed. I used to have them often during the years immediately preceeding my time there.

Offline Jupiter Survivor

• View Profile
Seed Dream
« Reply #7 on: November 29, 2005, 06:17:00 AM »
I used to have them.  They were all basically the same,  I got to tell THEM they were full of shit and their heads were out of wack!

Offline NOT12NOW

• View Profile
Seed Dream
« Reply #8 on: November 29, 2005, 09:20:00 PM »
My favorite.
leveland chick 76-77

Offline ChrisL

• View Profile
    • http://chrislewiscpa.com
Seed Dream
« Reply #9 on: December 01, 2005, 05:53:00 PM »
"I on occasion had weird dreams about the seed. I used to have them often during the years immediately preceeding my time there."

I had far more dreams about my 1st wife than I did about the Seed... I think it was because I did not feel like I had to many unresolved issues about the Seed but quite a number with my first marriage...
hris Lewis
Seed 1973 -1975
AA 1991 -

Offline marcwordsmith

• View Profile
    • http://www.marcwordsmith.com
Seed Dream
« Reply #10 on: December 03, 2005, 09:00:00 PM »
I used to have recurrent dreams that I went back to the Seed, just to sort of check it out, as an adult, and I was there looking at the scene in the group thinking how much better I knew now than to be the least bit phased by all this bullshit, and as a young man now I could get up and leave any time I wanted. Then suddenly I'd be scared. COULD I really leave? Would they try to stop me if I tried to go, even now?
WAS I free?

So, Walter, talk about straightforward metaphors . . .

Thankfully, the dreams went away a long time ago, I'm not sure when. At least several years ago, maybe even ten or fifteen years ago. [ This Message was edited by: marcwordsmith on 2005-12-03 18:01 ]

Offline Stripe

• View Profile
Seed Dream
« Reply #11 on: December 22, 2005, 04:25:00 PM »
I had a really funny dream about the seed last night.

Here's my dream:
I was at a highschool reunion at what was the local bowling alley in Boca Raton, FL and across the street was this huge, double-sided bill board about the seed.  On it were the words THE SEED - in yellow and then a big arrow pointing toards the bowling alley where the reunion was.

At the reunion one of the key note speakers was a really sweet funny guy I remember from jr high and high school (not a seed kid) who stated that the seed was complete fakery - and he knew this because he used the same techniques to control his heart that the seed kids were taught.  He said there was nothing magical about what the seed did to people and everyone could learn to control their heart.  

I seem to vaguley recall  speaking with some of my former classmates but I don't recall the specific conversations other than the fact that there was much happiness and relief on my part when the guy made the announcement about the seed not being magical and that its purpose was to control the heart.  

That's my dream and I'm sticking to it.  HMMMmm...seed dreams about controlling the heart.  I wish I had a dream interpretation book for this one.
The person who stands up and says, ``This is stupid,\'\' either is asked to `behave\' or, worse, is greeted with a cheerful ``Yes, we know! Isn\'t it terrific ?\'\' -- Frank Zappa