Author Topic: Andrea Yates  (Read 31436 times)

Offline Anonymous

• View Profile
Andrea Yates
« Reply #15 on: December 14, 2005, 10:35:00 PM »
As a Mom, and as someone who has lived with depression on and off, it is really difficult for me to find sympathy for someone who murdered five small children in gruesome fashion. Yes, her dipshit husband was a nincompoop. Yes, she was obviously not faking insanity... but I think of the children and how they suffered and I just wish she drowned herself instead of them. Just kill her own damn self. Even if she got help or treatment, I don't see how she could possibly live with the knowledge of what she has done.  Execution is not the answer, but she certainly should not be free to be out at the mercy of her "inner voices."  And I hope her husband feels some degree of culpability although I did read that he was suing the doctors in spite of the fact that he chose to ignore the warnings they had the foresight to give him.
« Last Edit: December 31, 1969, 07:00:00 PM by Guest »

Offline Anonymous

• View Profile
Andrea Yates
« Reply #16 on: December 14, 2005, 11:35:00 PM »
On 2005-12-14 19:35:00, Anonymous wrote:

"As a Mom, and as someone who has lived with depression on and off,

As long as you don't destabilize,
then you don't have anything to
worry about.

I haven't heard of too many post-partum
depression murders where the mom's even
thought of doing such a thing.

Either you, and others, believe depression
and/or post-partum depression is real or not.

Actually, it really doesn't matter, because
it is codified and treatable, correct Brook Shields.

Andrea Yates will never walk the streets
again, I belive the choice is prison or
a forensic mental hospital.

Offline Anonymous

• View Profile
Andrea Yates
« Reply #17 on: December 15, 2005, 01:36:00 AM »
On 2005-12-14 17:17:00, Anonymous wrote:

"I sent my letter off today. I'll post a reply when I get a response. "

Show us what you wrote ... ?

Offline Anonymous

• View Profile
Andrea Yates
« Reply #18 on: December 15, 2005, 11:23:00 AM »
Did her kids have a choice? :flame: I dont think she should. PUT HER TO DEATH!!!!!!!! :skull:

Offline Anonymous

• View Profile
Andrea Yates
« Reply #19 on: December 15, 2005, 11:50:00 AM »
On 2005-12-15 08:23:00, Anonymous wrote:

"Did her kids have a choice? :flame: I dont think she should. PUT HER TO DEATH!!!!!!!! :skull: "

If your loved one, or yourself, becomes
mentally ill and commits this type of
crime, don't forget to demand the death
penalty instead of life in a psychiatric
hospital.

Offline Anonymous

• View Profile
Andrea Yates
« Reply #20 on: December 15, 2005, 10:33:00 PM »

On 2005-12-15 08:50:00, Anonymous wrote:

"

On 2005-12-15 08:23:00, Anonymous wrote:

"Did her kids have a choice? ::dove::

Offline Anonymous

• View Profile
Andrea Yates
« Reply #21 on: December 19, 2005, 10:11:00 PM »
Yates to Leave Prison for Mental Hospital

Andrea Yates, Houston Mother Who Drowned Her Five Children in Bathtub to Move to Mental Hospital

By PAM EASTON Associated Press Writer
The Associated Press

RUSK, Texas Dec 19, 2005 ? Andrea Yates, the Houston mother who drowned her five children in the family's bathtub, will soon move from an East Texas prison to a state mental hospital as she awaits a new capital murder trial.

Yates' two murder convictions were overturned by an appeals court earlier this year because of false expert testimony at her 2002 trial. Yates' case was returned to a Harris County court last week, and a judge Monday set an initial hearing for Jan. 9.

Prosecutor Joe Owmby said Monday that Yates will be moved to the Rusk State Hospital, less than a half-mile away from the Skyview prison, a psychiatric unit where she's been jailed for nearly three years.

The Harris County Sheriff's Department, which is responsible for transporting Yates to the hospital and to future court appearances, is awaiting court documents before transferring Yates, spokesman Lt. John Martin. He said security concerns prohibited him from saying when Yates would be moved.

Yates' attorney, George Parnham, who has worked for months to get Yates into a state mental hospital, said he visited Yates twice last week to help prepare her for the move. While he wouldn't provide details on those discussions, Parnham said Yates is scared about the transition.

"All parties agree that she was and is mentally ill, and she needs the expert assistance," Parnham said.

Owmby said his office didn't contest the plans to move Yates.

"It's not like they are transferring her to some civilian, private care facility," Owmby said. "That is not what is going on. This is a place we send prisoners."

The 275-bed hospital treats adult patients who cannot be released without a psychiatrist's approval, superintendent Ted Debbs said. The hospital currently treats about 10 patients found innocent of crimes due to insanity, he said.

"Even though we are not a prison, we are a locked facility," Debbs said.

Yates' convictions were overturned based on testimony from Park Dietz, a forensic psychiatrist who testified in the high-profile trials of serial killer Jeffrey Dahmer and would-be presidential assassin John Hinckley Jr.

Copyright © 2005 ABC News Internet Ventures

Offline Anonymous

• View Profile
Andrea Yates
« Reply #22 on: December 20, 2005, 12:45:00 PM »
Wasn't this the lady who LIED to the entire country about some minority dude doing it?

SHe is not crazy if she is lucid enough to be covering up her tracks. She should spend the rest of her pathetic life locked up far away from any children. She should not be able to benefit from her actions in any way. She is scum.

Offline Anonymous

• View Profile
Andrea Yates
« Reply #23 on: December 20, 2005, 01:09:00 PM »
On 2005-12-20 09:45:00, Anonymous wrote:

"Wasn't this the lady who LIED to the entire country about some minority dude doing it?

No. Susan Smith

http://www.commondreams.org/views/091400-101.htm

Offline Anonymous

• View Profile
Andrea Yates
« Reply #24 on: December 20, 2005, 01:56:00 PM »
She should spend the rest of her pathetic life locked up far away from any children. She should not be able to benefit from her actions in any way. She is scum."

What do you think a forensic mental hospital is?

Offline Anonymous

• View Profile
Andrea Yates
« Reply #25 on: December 20, 2005, 03:52:00 PM »
Main Entry: 1fo·ren·sic  
Pronunciation: f&-'ren(t)-sik, -'ren-zik
Function: adjective
Etymology: Latin forensis public, forensic, from forum
1 : belonging to, used in, or suitable to courts of judicature or to public discussion and debate
2 : ARGUMENTATIVE, RHETORICAL
3 : relating to or dealing with the application of scientific knowledge to legal problems
- fo·ren·si·cal·ly  /-si-k(&-)lE, -zi-/ adverb

Offline Anonymous

• View Profile
Andrea Yates
« Reply #26 on: December 22, 2005, 12:18:00 AM »
WHY THE FUCK did she have 5 children, anyway?  People who want to have a gaggle of children should ADOPT.  That woman should have had her legs tied shut. Good riddance to all of them.

Offline Anonymous

• View Profile
Andrea Yates
« Reply #27 on: December 22, 2005, 11:04:00 AM »
On 2005-12-21 21:18:00, Anonymous wrote:

"WHY THE FUCK did she have 5 children, anyway?  People who want to have a gaggle of children should ADOPT.  That woman should have had her legs tied shut. Good riddance to all of them."

Good point, I wish her husband was co-convicted!

He was the one that wanted as many children as God would allow.

I have heard, but not confirmed, that he has three kids by his new wife already.

Put him in jail too!

Offline Anonymous

• View Profile
Andrea Yates
« Reply #28 on: December 24, 2005, 09:13:00 AM »
Andrea Yates' latest trial scheduled to start Jan. 9
12/22/2005

A new trial has been ordered for Andrea Yates, the Clear Lake mother who drowned her five children in the bathtub at her home on Beachcomber Street.

As her trial takes place, Yates will be held in a state mental hospital instead of the East Texas prison where she is currently an inmate. Her initial hearing will take place on Jan. 9.
Yates' convictions were overturned in January 2003, after a judge determined that testimony from medical expert was false.
Park Dietz, a forensic psychologist, testified that a "Law and Order" episode depicting a woman who drowned her children and was later found innocent by reason of insanity was aired shortly before Yates drowned her own children.
Officials later discovered that such an episode did not exist.
On June 20, 2001, Yates drowned her children one by one, placing their bodies on the bed before calling police.
Upon arrival at the home, a police officer found the bodies of John, 5, Paul, 3, Luke, 2, and their 6-month-old sister, Mary. Another officer found the body of the oldest, 7-year-old Noah, floating in the bathtub.
Yates' husband, Russell Yates, came home from his job at the Johnson Space Center when his wife called, saying that he needed to come home because someone was hurt.
A jury found Yates guilty of capital murder for the deaths of Noah, John and Mary, though many, including her husband, felt she should have been found not guilty by reason of insanity.
Many felt that by calling the Houston police, Yates demonstrated that she knew right from wrong and was not legally insane.
Before the conviction was overturned, Yates was serving a life sentence with no possibility for parole for the next four decades.

©Houston Community Newspapers Online 2005

Offline screann

• View Profile
Andrea Yates
« Reply #29 on: December 24, 2005, 08:20:00 PM »
Kill Her!!!!!!! :skull: