Author Topic: More than PTSD?  (Read 4499 times)

Offline Nonconformistlaw

• View Profile
    • http://survivingstraightinc.com
More than PTSD?
« Reply #30 on: November 11, 2005, 10:10:00 PM »
On 2005-11-11 18:15:00, Antigen wrote:

On 2005-11-11 18:09:00, 001010 wrote:

"Anon, you're an idiot...

Thanks, 001010. But no, he's not. I know who he is and regard him as a friend. I don't think I really wrote that for ya'll who already know the story. I was trying to explain it to those who don't.

So... you read the whole damned thing? Thanks! What do you think? Did I make a point? Any point? What was it? I'm really trying hard here to put together a string of words that will entertain our short attention span society long enough to fucking explain what the hell we're so upset about. Am I getting close? Any suggestions?

I think that the fact that our story is so damn complicated makes it difficult if not impossible to whittle it down to something quick and easy that conveys all the horrors all at once. I think it will take our collective voice speaking out to really get the point across. I think that reporters comments to the effect that our story needs to be a movie was right on the money. That would present it in a way that the public's need for entertainment or its short attention span can handle. Meanwhile we should flood the airways with our voices...whenever we get the chance.
« Last Edit: December 31, 1969, 07:00:00 PM by Guest »
quot;In a time of universal deceit, telling the truth becomes a revolutionary act.\" George Orwell

Offline Withdraw

• View Profile
More than PTSD?
« Reply #31 on: November 11, 2005, 10:20:00 PM »
I can see how if I had children, my experience with all this now would be very diffrent. But well that is one scar that will never heal.[ This Message was edited by: Withdraw on 2005-11-11 19:24 ]

Offline Antigen

• View Profile
    • http://wwf.Fornits.com/
More than PTSD?
« Reply #32 on: November 11, 2005, 11:10:00 PM »
On 2005-11-11 19:10:00, Nonconformistlaw wrote:

Meanwhile we should flood the airways with our voices...whenever we get the chance.

Airways, printways, gossip circles, whatever! If you see what I see about our whole culture being poisoned by Program dogma, then just don't sit on your hands when you see examples of it in your own circles. Shit, you paid dearly for your education, more than most. Go and get paid.

I'm glad some people have that faith. I don't have that faith. If there is a God, a caring God, then we have to figure he's done an extraordinary job of making a very cruel world.
--Dave Matthews, South African rock musician

"Don\'t let the past remind us of what we are not now."
~ Crosby Stills Nash & Young, Sweet Judy Blue Eyes

Offline PerfectStraightling

• View Profile
More than PTSD?
« Reply #33 on: November 12, 2005, 12:51:00 AM »
OK so where is the movie??

Offline Nonconformistlaw

• View Profile
More than PTSD?
« Reply #34 on: November 12, 2005, 01:08:00 AM »
On 2005-11-11 20:10:00, Antigen wrote:

On 2005-11-11 19:10:00, Nonconformistlaw wrote:

Meanwhile we should flood the airways with our voices...whenever we get the chance.
Airways, printways, gossip circles, whatever! If you see what I see about our whole culture being poisoned by Program dogma, then just don't sit on your hands when you see examples of it in your own circles. Shit, you paid dearly for your education, more than most. Go and get paid."

I see examples of how our society has been poisened by program dogma...I have for years. I refuse to sit on my hands and do nothing about it (thus the reason for going to law school)...the only question for me is...by what other medium of communication will I chose for RAMPANT TALKING OUT IN GROUP! Oh, let me count the ways! Now if I could only shake off the damn PTSD and other brainwashing side-effects so I can start talking up a storm.
quot;In a time of universal deceit, telling the truth becomes a revolutionary act.\" George Orwell

Offline Nonconformistlaw

• View Profile
More than PTSD?
« Reply #35 on: November 12, 2005, 01:12:00 AM »
On 2005-11-11 21:51:00, JMA wrote:

"OK so where is the movie??"

None yet I'm afraid...the reporter just slipped in a comment to the effect that there should be a movie about straight and its survivors. I think its an excellent idea. I personally think the long term damage such as PTSD should be included as well. I just hope that reporter keeps making comments about a movie!

Offline Withdraw

• View Profile
More than PTSD?
« Reply #36 on: November 12, 2005, 02:56:00 AM »
[ This Message was edited by: Withdraw on 2006-02-28 22:21 ]

dragonfly

More than PTSD?
« Reply #37 on: November 12, 2005, 08:47:00 AM »

Offline Anonymous

• View Profile
More than PTSD?
« Reply #38 on: November 12, 2005, 10:34:00 AM »
On 2005-11-11 19:20:00, Withdraw wrote:

"I can see how if I had children, my experience with all this now would be very diffrent. But well that is one scar that will never heal.[ This Message was edited by: Withdraw on 2005-11-11 19:24 ]"

You should kill them.

Offline Anonymous

• View Profile
More than PTSD?
« Reply #39 on: November 12, 2005, 10:35:00 AM »
On 2005-11-12 05:47:00, dragonfly wrote:

"Wow! it sure is good to be on the same thread as Dr Fucktard again!

I have some haughty opinions about the deprogramming thing. Here is one of them. I think that a recovering phaser has to unrehabilitate with the same or equal force that he/she was programed.

There is something akin to brainwashing yourself that isn't actually brainwashing but is more taking the bull by the horns.

For a few years there I was on the way to becoming a Buddhist monk and as well I could train for that while working and being a divorced dad, I did. And everyday I saw the similarity of what I was doing with what I did in straight. And my point is, that in setting up a rigorous schedule and pushing myself in that way I think I began to understand how straight works on a physical level. Our entire biorythym was reworked, that is some deep deep shit that stays that way unless consciously addressed. So by creating a life that pushed me as hard, harder than straight, having a rock solid commitment in that and all the time opening digging looking praying, somehow I burned some new pathways in my guts and bones.

These are just my experiences and opinions about them. I'm self righteous but I'm sexy. [ This Message was edited by: dragonfly on 2005-11-12 05:49 ]"

What a joke.

Offline Antigen

• View Profile
    • http://wwf.Fornits.com/
More than PTSD?
« Reply #40 on: November 12, 2005, 12:44:00 PM »
Nother thing. Now, this is just my opinion and I may well be all alone in it. But I think the idea that no one can ever understand what we've been through who wasn't there is an extremely toxic bit of black magic. If you say it and believe it, you damn yourself to a life of solitude. Not only do you miss out on the society you need, but you deny others the benefit of your own experience.

And the fact is that the Program is just another brand of the same cultism and slave making that has been a part of human culture for at least as long as we've been able to make permanent historical sribblings.

You think no one can understand, for example, how we all wittnessed and experienced obscene abuse and no one spoke up at the time? Bullshit. I think Ryan Grim is starting to get a clue. Check this out:

At some point, everyone ought to throw his or her political theory-whatever
it is-up against the wall of reality to see if it sticks. I ran smack into
that wall when the state shackled Mark, one of my best friends, and hauled
him off to a dank, violent, maximum-security prison for a 17-year stay. His
crime: possession of a spoonful of cocaine, some of which they said he
intended to distribute. The judge had recommended he be sent to a prison
that focuses largely on drug treatment, but it is hopelessly overcrowded. So
there Mark sits in Hagerstown, Md., his letters reflecting a mind slowly
losing its tether as violence and mayhem swirl around him.

Full Text: http://fornits.com/wwf/viewtopic.php?to ... =32&Sort=D

When elephants ? ght, it is the grass that suffers.

http://jonathangullible.com/translations/UK_Comnt040222.pdf' target='_new'>Kikuyu proverb

"Don\'t let the past remind us of what we are not now."
~ Crosby Stills Nash & Young, Sweet Judy Blue Eyes

Offline 001010

• View Profile
More than PTSD?
« Reply #41 on: November 12, 2005, 01:55:00 PM »
On 2005-11-11 18:15:00, Antigen wrote:

"

On 2005-11-11 18:09:00, 001010 wrote:

"Anon, you're an idiot...

Thanks, 001010. But no, he's not. I know who he is and regard him as a friend. I don't think I really wrote that for ya'll who already know the story. I was trying to explain it to those who don't.

So... you read the whole damned thing? Thanks! What do you think? Did I make a point? Any point? What was it? I'm really trying hard here to put together a string of words that will entertain our short attention span society long enough to fucking explain what the hell we're so upset about. Am I getting close? Any suggestions?

It is hardly too strong to say that the Constitution was
made to guard the people against the dangers of good intentions.
There are men in all ages who mean to govern well, but they mean to
govern. They promise to be good masters, but they mean to be
masters.

--Daniel Webster

"

Yeah, I read it all, and I felt it. I remember thinking I was one of the ones that wasn't going to fall for all that brainwashing, and yet it still sunk in. I'm thinking I really wish John Sullivan had written that piece he said he was going to on the mental torture and brainwashing aspect of the program.

It's so hard to explain being mentally and emotionally stripped and numb to things around you, unless you've ever lived with an abusive spouse, parent or relative. Even then, you don't get a taste of the power of mind control by repetition of habit, use of fear and physical and mental force in order for extreme change to occur.

Imagine you go on a vacation, and when you get there you are met by people who find you guilty before speaking to you - who's goal is to make you hate who your are/were, and replace it with their own ideas in order to get you to conform and transform into someone you are not. However in time, you can't help but to kill or be killed emotionally, so you submit, and that submission happens either subconsciously or consciously.

In order to prove this change had happened to the "tour guides" you must perform the way you were treated in the beginning. Some did it just to fit in, others got off on it like a power trip. What is complicated is that each of us had our own personal relationship with the demon programming. We became dark shadows of who we once were, grieving, mourning, and welcoming this dark change all at once. We were converted into dark abnormal social conformists in a world that only existed behind the walls of those warehouses. We were now ready to drink the kool-aid.

If we think them not enlightened enough to exercise their control with a wholesome discretion, the remedy is not to take it from them but to inform their discretion by education

--Thomas Jefferson

[size=79]EST (Landmark/Lifespring/Discovery) \'83
Salesmanship Club \'84-\'86
Straight, Inc. \'86-\'88[/size]

Offline 001010

• View Profile
More than PTSD?
« Reply #42 on: November 12, 2005, 02:05:00 PM »
My suggestion is to keep talking, you're doing great. We all explain our experiences differently, but then again we all sound like we're explaining the same thing. All of our experiences are unique, the problem is that we were all treated like we were clones of each other. Clones to become different clones when the process of our individual changes were complete.

[size=79]EST (Landmark/Lifespring/Discovery) \'83
Salesmanship Club \'84-\'86
Straight, Inc. \'86-\'88[/size]

Offline Anonymous

• View Profile
More than PTSD?
« Reply #43 on: November 12, 2005, 05:44:00 PM »
Fuckin A man, sorry, but people DO NOT GET IT, unless they have been through it. I have enough in common with the unjustly imprisoned to cry like mad when I see some of those movies. Other people eat their popcorn and fart and leave the theater and get ice cream.

Offline Anonymous

• View Profile
More than PTSD?
« Reply #44 on: November 12, 2005, 06:23:00 PM »
On 2005-11-11 19:20:00, Withdraw wrote:

"I can see how if I had children, my experience with all this now would be very diffrent. But well that is one scar that will never heal.[ This Message was edited by: Withdraw on 2005-11-11 19:24 ]"

I know you can be a strong woman. I know you can be a mother. Adoption is not a second-best choice. You will be blessed with children, if that is what you want.