Author Topic: What About Danny Prevel?  (Read 9524 times)

Offline Anonymous

• View Profile
What About Danny Prevel?
« Reply #15 on: November 11, 2005, 04:58:00 PM »
i heard from someone at the school that a rumor went around that he was in another relationship with a girl in my peer group.

i wasnt there and i dont know if it was the truth, but at my time at HLA most of the rumors i heard were fact...thats one thing i learned.

oh yah this is pip sorry i forget to sign in..
« Last Edit: December 31, 1969, 07:00:00 PM by Guest »

Offline aftenthurston

• View Profile
What About Danny Prevel?
« Reply #16 on: November 11, 2005, 05:31:00 PM »
He did use intimidation and embarassment to get students to do what he wanted... the term "faggot" comes to mind when i think of him... not directed towards me, but a good friend of mine...

Offline Troll Control

• View Profile
What About Danny Prevel?
« Reply #17 on: November 16, 2005, 01:52:00 PM »
I have heard some very disturbing information about this man.  Can anyone elaborate and provide details of their experience with him?
The Linchpin Link

Whooter - The Most Prolific Troll Fornits Has Ever Seen - The Definitive Links
**********************************************************************************************************
"Looks like a nasty aspentrolius sticci whooterensis infestation you got there, Ms. Fornits.  I\'ll get right to work."

- Troll Control

Offline Troll Control

• View Profile
What About Danny Prevel?
« Reply #18 on: November 18, 2005, 10:18:00 AM »
bump it up :tup:
The Linchpin Link

**********************************************************************************************************
"Looks like a nasty aspentrolius sticci whooterensis infestation you got there, Ms. Fornits.  I\'ll get right to work."

- Troll Control

Offline joe dirt

• View Profile
What About Danny Prevel?
« Reply #19 on: November 19, 2005, 12:46:00 AM »
just recently, he supposedly drove a student to the end of wasega road and had sex with her, and they are investigating it now, but this would be the second time he has been caught, he got fired last time but was allowed back after about a year and a half.

Offline Troll Control

• View Profile
What About Danny Prevel?
« Reply #20 on: November 19, 2005, 08:25:00 AM »
Who's investigating?  HLA or the police?  In Georgia a counselor having sex with a patient is a felony.  This is BAD NEWS.  

What kind of facility that supposedly cares for children allows someone to return to employment after a sexual assault?  Now it has happened again.  I hope the parents SUE THE SHIT OUT OF HLA.  That place is FUCKED UP.
The Linchpin Link

- Troll Control

Offline Troll Control

• View Profile
What About Danny Prevel?
« Reply #21 on: November 19, 2005, 08:48:00 AM »
Joe Dirt - check your pm's.  Thanks.
The Linchpin Link

- Troll Control

Offline Troll Control

• View Profile
What About Danny Prevel?
« Reply #22 on: December 14, 2005, 01:22:00 PM »
Posted by a physician in another thread...

"My experience with Hidden Lake Academy was also distressing.

In my opinion, and the opinions of the six other physicians in my practice who followed my HLA misadventure with me, HLA is a predator whose prey is the horrified parents of disturbed teens. It is an institution of opportunity, bringing home its bottom line at the expense of the desperate, frazzled families it exploits.

By the time most parents are introduced to HLA, they've already been through a costly and demoralizing gauntlet of police stations, court appearances, counselor visits, psychiatric evaluations...even hospital visits.

To say they are desperate is an understatement. They are trying to keep their families from self-destructing. In most cases, the only option is turning the child out onto the streets: most insurance policies won't cover mental health care, and even if a family is lucky enough to have good coverage, it is limited to short, individual events. Deeply needed inpatient care is rarely an option for most of these families.

So even considering a modality such as a therapeutic boarding school is a true extravagance. Actually sending the student may mean mortgaging a home, selling it, or even bancruptcy.

Enter Hidden Lake and its ilk.

I was asked by the parents of a young teen to evaluate HLA by its Web site. What stood out to me even more than the philosophy that medical therapy was discouraged were the many typographical errors and careless mistakes on nearly every page of the site. While my own writing is not perfect, I am not registered as a boarding school, responsible for the education of children, presumably overflowing with teachers more than capable of proofreading the very materials provided to the public for the purpose of attracting business.

When I brought my concerns to the attention to the school, they were received with, well, less than warm gratitude. My comments to HLA were meant to be constructive. I was gracious and self-effacing in my original letter because the last thing I wanted was to offend the school. Clearly such niceties were a waste of effort.

Given that the parents are expected to pay upwards of seven thousand dollars per month for the privilege of sending their child to a therapeutic boarding school, I actually expected a minimum of civility. None was evident.

My credentials were questioned?this from an institution whose methods are questionable, at best, from a medical (and psychiatric, I might add) point of view.

Fast forward a few months...and imagine how surprised I was to come across the story of the parent in the previous posts. Am I shocked HLA will not send the child's transcripts? Nope. They demonstrated their pettiness, immaturity, and curious vindictiveness to me, a peer and potential referral base a long time ago. Was I surprised that personal belongings, including necessary daily medications, were sent COD?by ground? Actually, yes.

Not only did that shock me, it caused me to pick up the phone and discuss this gross mismanagement of a patient's medications with a malpractice attorney, who recommends HLA check to be sure their insurance premiums are paid.

To the parent: my suggestion is that you alert your attorney to your experience. Gather all proof of your allegations, including the boxes the personal effects were sent in, the COD receipt(s), the condition of any damaged items, a list of missing items, if any, and proof of payments made to HLA. Regardless of any contract signed (as a previous Anonymous poster cryptically stated), a minimum level of responsibility to the patient's health is required by ANY institution. That minimum includes making reasonable arrangements for the patient to have access to their medications. COD shipping by ground is not, by any standard, "reasonable."

So guess what, parent? You may be getting a sizeable percentage of the "investment" HLA coerced you to pay them right back into your pocket.

I'll be cheering for you from this sideline."

UNBIASED OUTSIDE OPINION BY MEDICAL PROFESSIONAL SAYS HLA IS "PREDATOR" VICTIMIZING PARENTS AND CHILDREN.  WAKE UP, PEOPLE.   :skull:
The Linchpin Link

- Troll Control

Offline Troll Control

• View Profile
What About Danny Prevel?
« Reply #23 on: January 01, 2006, 01:53:00 PM »
On 2005-11-09 13:21:00, aftenthurston wrote:

"I definently heard a lot about him... but I never really put my nose where it didn't belong, unless there was some reason, and he didn't really concern me... who knows...

Staff did engage in relationships with students on occasions though, and that is where I will leave it.

"

I wonder if Kathleen can explain this statement from an obvious supporter of HLA.  Why would someone with an interest in making HLA look good and who has fought hard to protect HLA's reputation openly admit that there were sexual relationships between staff and patients?

Kathleen, can you tell us why Danny was fired?  Can you tell us why he was rehired amonst allegations of inapproprite sexual contact with patients?
The Linchpin Link

- Troll Control

Offline Troll Control

• View Profile
What About Danny Prevel?
« Reply #24 on: January 03, 2006, 07:47:00 AM »
Why does nobody answer the questions?  
HLA employees are willing to talk about any tangential topic other than these important ones.  

Why won't anyone answer the questions about Mr. Pervert, uh, Pervel?
The Linchpin Link

- Troll Control

Offline RobertBruce

• View Profile
What About Danny Prevel?
« Reply #25 on: January 03, 2006, 10:26:00 AM »
How can you expect them to be willing to answer those questions. Youre obviously lying. Such an event never happened, after all Dolores would know if it did. She lived down the hill away from the campus like five years ago and she was never on campus, so if she never heard about it, it never happened.

Offline Troll Control

• View Profile
What About Danny Prevel?
« Reply #26 on: January 03, 2006, 10:56:00 AM »
On 2006-01-03 07:26:00, RobertBruce wrote:

"How can you expect them to be willing to answer those questions. Youre obviously lying. Such an event never happened, after all Dolores would know if it did. She lived down the hill away from the campus like five years ago and she was never on campus, so if she never heard about it, it never happened. "

Funny.  But I did get a PM from a young lady who said this guy came on to her and her three roommates and he was reportedly fired for having sexual relations with a patient and after the girl left the treatment center he was rehired and given a position with more authority, i.e. a promotion.

In Georgia it is a felony for a mental health professional to have sexual relations with a patient.  The girl's parents have notified authorities.

Parents should carefully check the background and employment history of the people they send their kids to.
The Linchpin Link

- Troll Control

Offline Anonymous

• View Profile
What About Danny Prevel?
« Reply #27 on: January 03, 2006, 03:48:00 PM »

"How can you expect them to be willing to answer those questions. Youre obviously lying. Such an event never happened, after all Dolores would know if it did. She lived down the hill away from the campus like five years ago and she was never on campus, so if she never heard about it, it never happened. "
It did happen Mister Bruce.

Offline RobertBruce

• View Profile
What About Danny Prevel?
« Reply #28 on: January 03, 2006, 04:11:00 PM »
I know, I was mocking the naysayers. Namley Dolores Gray who had no knowledge of anything that ever happened on campus yet swears she was privy to all events.

Offline Troll Control

• View Profile
What About Danny Prevel?
« Reply #29 on: January 03, 2006, 05:48:00 PM »
On 2006-01-03 12:48:00, Anonymous wrote:

"

It did happen Mister Bruce."

can you please give some more details on these events?  what else do you know about it?
The Linchpin Link

- Troll Control