Author Topic: The I and Me/The Summit 2  (Read 14053 times)

Offline absolutebest

• View Profile
The I and Me/The Summit 2
« Reply #60 on: November 16, 2005, 02:10:00 AM »
On 2005-11-12 22:20:00, Anonymous wrote:

"

On 2005-11-12 22:20:00, Anonymous wrote:

"

On 2005-10-26 20:06:00, absolutebest wrote:

"So, let me get this straight... day one and two are like normal raps, day three is the raft exercise and the funeral/death/obituary day, day four is the costume party and day five is neighborhoods/contracts?  I can't get these days straight.  When do you go into Bonners and talk to people, the urban challenge I think its called (or do you)?  How does the Summit kick off?  How do they wrap it up?  What in the hell does "The Rose", roses or "Fame" (the song that everyone dances to) have to do with anything?  What in the hell is the red/green game?  I am confused.

- Adam"

wow... its been like 10 years... but let me see if i can shed some light.... lol... day one was beginning or contracts and who you really represented, as well as your dirt list... etc... then at night you had writing assignments (this was every night)... day 2 was partner day trust crap.hiking throught the woods.. and then epitaphs (or what people would say bout you if you were to die) and then laying in a coffin, day 3 was partnering up with the person you hated most, and seeing through other people's eyes how they saw you.... the night time was the raft and other excersises... day 4 was same partners and finding things for a party... and then the party which was a charactor that was suppose to be the most like our actions.... which is where whinnie the pooh, and leah, and skywalker and everything comes from... for me it was oz... and when you hit your charactor, perfectly, then they would lift you through the room as they did after contracts.  Day 5 was graduating the summit, where you were given your contract, and then the key to your life... etc.... "

oh... and i wrote this... joe keuter pg-56 rma, 9june 96 graduation cedu."

Thanks, Joe.  It's Adam Best (PG 61, RMA).  I don't know if you remember me or not.  We got along well at times and butted heads at times also.  Hope all is well with you.
« Last Edit: December 31, 1969, 07:00:00 PM by Guest »
dam Best RMA 1994-96 (PG61)

Offline nashari

• View Profile
« Reply #61 on: November 16, 2005, 05:59:00 AM »
I do remember you, and it has been a long time... over 10 years I do believe... lol... if you want to get ahold of me, you can always reach me on my site... http://forums.nashari.net

I think I still have my Summit notebook somewhere..

-Joe
n reality as in dreams, nothing is quite what it seems. -The Book of Counted Sorrows

Offline Anonymous

• View Profile
« Reply #62 on: November 17, 2005, 12:38:00 AM »
On 2005-11-16 02:59:00, nashari wrote:

"I do remember you, and it has been a long time... over 10 years I do believe... lol... if you want to get ahold of me, you can always reach me on my site... http://forums.nashari.net

I think I still have my Summit notebook somewhere..

-Joe"

Yeah, I'm writing a play based on RMA in the form of a Summit-like final experience, but I never went through the Summit,  because I was pulled after the Values.  Just trying to dig up as much info as possible.  Any info you or anybody else could give me would be great, but only what you are comfortable giving.  Thanks, I really appreciate your help as well as everyone elses.  Hopefully this will be a faithful and eye-opening piece...

- Adam

Offline nashari

• View Profile
« Reply #63 on: November 18, 2005, 01:18:00 AM »
ha ha ha.... as you remember, i was never shy about much... cause to be honest, i don't really care... lol....

It was what it was... and will be what is was...If you want the writing assignments, i will gladly write em up on a notepad file and email it to you... just email if you want... [email protected]
n reality as in dreams, nothing is quite what it seems. -The Book of Counted Sorrows

Offline absolutebest

• View Profile
« Reply #64 on: November 23, 2005, 12:01:00 AM »
I was also wondering if I could get what the rest of those signs said.  I shot you an e-mail.

- Adam
dam Best RMA 1994-96 (PG61)

Offline Anonymous

• View Profile
« Reply #65 on: December 01, 2005, 03:05:00 PM »
They could be giants/they are giants  was always my favorite. Never really understood it though. Just always gave me funny visuals. Hmmmmm...Giant CEDU students.

Offline nashari

• View Profile
« Reply #66 on: December 01, 2005, 03:33:00 PM »
The Summit Tools were as follows:
-They may be Giants
-Peace of mind is my single goal
-love is letting go of fear
-forgiveness is my single function
-This workshop is a true and accurate representation of how you live your life -total and complete acceptance within agreement -All that I give, I give myself -Stop! Look! Choose!
-Get out of your square
-No magic pills
-Do your knowledge
-You are totally responsible
-End results equal original intentions
-The seeds of your future are being planted now -Direct, Hones communication- No rip offs -Be careful! You may just get what you want.
-Surrender!
-"To win... is to be right.  To be right is to have power. To have power is to have control.
To have control is to be safe....->Doesn't even work -I am never upset for the reason I think.
-today I will judge nothing that occurs... judgment = fear -All pain-mental and physical = resistance -feel the feelings and let them pass -get a new idea! Getting a new idea enables growth.
-I am determined to see things (myself) differently -Neighborhoods........  love------ anger ...... weakness------ strength -All resistance must go!
-They are Giants (sign changed from they may be giants) -Teach only love for that is who you are.
-Bringing my love to others.
-Hi. My name is ______________
-"To live a life of value under and circumstance".
-"bless them" (if someone says fuck you to you because of their stuff)

4 Keys to my life
1.love
2.trust
3.honesty
4.my contract

Writing assignments: day 1
1. 25 things that I do not trust in others 2. 25 things that I do not trust in myself 3. at least 1/2 page on how I plan to sabotage this workshop 4. at least 50 things/ideas of negative energy (hold against yourself) 5. at least 1 page on how this game is a perfect mirror of what I do everyday and how I relate to others. (red green game) 6. Giver/Taker (what everyone in the peergroup thought you were) 7.10 words that describe my negative behavior and what would happen if I let it go 8.Personal Writtin (after dinner)
9.25 times I was denied love
10.25 times I failed to give love to others 11.The Lifeboat experience 12.How I cast die votes everyday

Day 2
1.my experience this morning (death exercise) 2.The message (from the death exercise) and what it means
3.25 times I have broken agreements with myself
4.25 times I have broken agreements with others 5.The visualization and importance of agreements 6.how I slap people in the face everyday and its results 7.The rocking experience 8.dear mom and dad, I want my freedom and I forgive you for....
9.The importance of love
10.my value in bringing love into the world 11.how are you going to stay in touch with all the love inside yourself?
12.how are you going to go about sharing that inner love with the world?

Day 3
1.The three false beliefs that I hold onto the tightest 2.Other false beliefs that I hold onto 3.personal thoughts on false beliefs 4.the greatness of love and how important I am in bringing that love to the world 5.how my contract allows me to bring love to the world 6.my contract (personal writing)

Day 4
1. Party Notes
Agreements for party
-all summit agreements are in effect
-you are totally accountable for your buddy -the veggie prep, you walk in, maintenance, the front and back kitchen, the farm, mir hut, faculty offices, middle school are all off limits -no one at anytime must see the party goers in costume -you are never to be seen with party supplies and special props -at no time must your action interfere with the school or call attention to yourself or the summit workshop -all food and beverages will be served on and in containers befitting a party -classroom and costume room are available -please enter and exit through back deck

2. My stretch and how I used my contract

Day 5
1. agreements for soup kitchen (homeless shelter that we went to give food to the homeless) -no conversation until arrive at destination -no conversation on ride back until workshop begines -while you are there, you will engage with 3 individual conversations with someone you do not know... with people of both sexes -these conversations will be with people that you feel uncomfortable with.
-you will be in complete service at your destination -you will follow directions by the designated person -you will not let anyone know that you are taking part in a summit workshop

2.Post summit projects
3.75 blessings in my life
4.25 times I gave love
5.25 times I received love
6.personal writing (day 5)
7. my negative statement-----------------my contract
   Out of the darkness--------------------into the light
   Fear/death-------------------------------love/life

That should be everything... if there is anything else that you need, let me know
-Joe

Offline Anonymous

• View Profile
« Reply #67 on: December 01, 2005, 03:41:00 PM »
Fuckin' a that shit is sick. Thanks for posting that Joe. I was already glad I got pulled right before my Summit, but now I'm thanking God that I was pulled. I seriously can't imagine having been sent back into the world trying to juggle all that bullshit on my mind. Trying to forget about my 'fantastic voyage' was bad enough.

What was the red and green game? That's the one I heard the most stories about.

Offline nashari

• View Profile
« Reply #68 on: December 01, 2005, 03:48:00 PM »
the red green game was when we broke into 2 groups, and had to basically argue with each other, to win points..the 2 groups were suppose to represent our positive and negative statments.. they told us that to win we basically had to argue until we were able to see each other's points.... but the purpose of the game was to get both groups working together.. which was the point of the 2 groups... to show that you can get your negative and positive statements to work together and work for you... kind of like they did in the I and Me

Offline Anonymous

• View Profile
« Reply #69 on: December 01, 2005, 03:59:00 PM »
Geez! I can only imagine what it was actually like to have to do all that stuff. Some of those "Tools" were pretty funny. Like the one about control. "There are no magic pills" HA! Tell that to someone who's in madd pain!

Offline nashari

• View Profile
« Reply #70 on: December 01, 2005, 03:59:00 PM »
oh... and if anyone wants the writing assignments from the i and me.. let me know... cause i have those somewhere too... lol

Offline Anonymous

• View Profile
« Reply #71 on: December 01, 2005, 04:07:00 PM »
Well I don't know anything about magical pills, but I know allll about magical plants. In fact, I think I'll go pick some up right now! Thanks guys! THANKS FOR CONTRIBUTING TO MY DRUG PROBLEM! FUCK.

Offline Anonymous

• View Profile
« Reply #72 on: December 01, 2005, 04:08:00 PM »
On 2005-12-01 12:59:00, nashari wrote:

"oh... and if anyone wants the writing assignments from the i and me.. let me know... cause i have those somewhere too... lol"

Yeah, I'd love to see the assignments from the I & ME. I didn't stay there long enough to do that stuff but I would love to know more about it.

Offline Anonymous

• View Profile
« Reply #73 on: December 01, 2005, 04:49:00 PM »
The Summit! What a damn joke. Your contract. Fuck that. I used to carry around my key whatnot for like 2 years after, but then it dawned on me how much of a crock of shit that was.

Offline nashari

• View Profile
« Reply #74 on: December 01, 2005, 05:25:00 PM »
I and Me Tools
I= thinking              I=Lies
Me= Feelings             Me=knows (feels)
I=Uses past to predict the future
Me= Now

Point of the workshop is to give me a voice.
Me is who you really are.

Me=Rockbottom
I=Negative Statement

I =Justifies

"To be or not to be" -hamlet
"know thyself" -socrates

Disease = dis-ease (self-inflicted)
The seeds of your future are being planted now.

good business= owner -me, employee-I "I" is working for me

bad business= employee-I, Owner-Me, I is in charge of me

Friday night at the fights
winners ticket to fantastic voyage(good for one voyage)
Me came before I

Writting assignments Pre-session 1:
1. what me wants from this workshop
2. all the ways I is going to take this workshop away from me

Pre-Session 2:
1. The session vizualization
2. The sign
3. The fantastic Journey
-going into the body and the dungeon
-the fear of dad, in my room , the curtains
-Me's special place
-Mes letter
-Me's keys
-Me crawling out and flying (soaring)
-recommendation

Day 1
1. The dungeon Fantasy
2. How I supports My negative statement

Day 2
1. Personal writing time.
2. The business discussion
3.Debreif the run
4. The fight (Me's)

Day 3
1. How does me feel being a champion
2. As a champion, Me can...
3. Me's dreams are?
4. I can help me achive my dreams by...
5. I can work for me in my's friendships by...
6. with me's family, me wants....
7. I can work for me with me's family by....
8. Me's best qualities ...
9. I's best qualities...
10. Me's special place (drawing)
11. Final Exam
-I lies and thinks
-me know and feels
-Who lets whom exist? Me lets I exist
-Who was there first? me
-all power is centered in me.
-i will always live in the past and future
-there is only now
-what is I's true function? To work for me.
-what is the only question? To be or not to be.
-I am respinsible- To be continued in the summit.

12. The fantastic voyage
13. The dance

The reunion:
-Never lose touch with who you are.
-white rose (we got white roses at the end. Everyone put them up in the air and swated them. there was a garden... a garden of white roses ready to bloom.

Think this covers it all... if i forgot anything, just ask and i will do my best to remember...

-Joe