Author Topic: BREAKING THE VOW OF SECRECY  (Read 3451 times)

Offline Anonymous

• View Profile
BREAKING THE VOW OF SECRECY
« Reply #15 on: October 21, 2005, 06:02:00 PM »
Also I'm not sure why Marc Kessler has been mentioned in connection with A START... I do not think he is a member...

I looked in google for the search term "Allison Pinto" + tavistock and although a few results were returned, they were all just somewhere that had Dr. Pinto speaking somewhere and/or a quote from someone from Tavistock somewhere else on the page or another speaker being from tavistock... nothing related that I could see... The link to the power point presentation I could not view, it said the file was missing a part...
« Last Edit: December 31, 1969, 07:00:00 PM by Guest »

Offline Antigen

• View Profile
    • http://wwf.Fornits.com/
« Reply #16 on: October 21, 2005, 06:45:00 PM »
On 2005-10-20 19:58:00, BuzzKill wrote:

But for those of us who enjoy a good conspiracy theory  :wink: I found this while Googling; Mentions the Tavistock institute in London.

http://www.rense.com/general15/tr.htm

"

Eh, LaRouch... I don't think brainwashing is the appropriate term for what he's describing in this article. More like just plain, good old fashioned political chicanery.

Yes, most of the English speaking world has some serious misconceptions about the origins of terrorist organizations and their incentives. But it hasn't been beaten into us so much as we've just been too damned busy w/ schooling and/or work schedules and canned entertainment to take much time to think, question and research what the hell is going on and how we got to this point.

I would recomend two books to better understand Project Bojinka (which was, allegedly, Al Queda's name for the 9/11 WTO attack)

First, for historical and more recent facts of the matter from the POV of a seasoned policy analyst, check out War On Freedom by Nafeez Ahmed.

To understand this lunacy in a little more depth, try The Folly of Empire by John B. Judis. Sort of makes ya' miss Buba. If you do that, hit me up here: http://fornits.com/wwf/viewtopic.php?to ... forum=24&1 Would love to discuss it w/ anyone interested.

At the end of the day, though, LaRouch, Judis and Nafeez seem to come together on one thing (and they're not the only ones) This "surprise attack" was no surprise to those who have benefitted the most from it. I think any issue upon which Larouch, Judis and Nafeez can find comon ground can safely be said to have found consensus.

And what's all this got to do w/ Tavistock and AStart? Well, as I see it, the well credentialed people involved in this effort are probably almost as suceptable to the effects of psyops as the rest of us. And I do believe that the fear mongering behind the troubled parent industry is very definitely related to psyops efforts going back at least to the Nixon admin.

The intention, of course, was to turn good, right thinking Americans away from anything affiliated w/ those tie-dyed commie war protestors. And the most visible and pungent aspect of that counterculture was (according to FRANCIS L. YOUNG, DEA Administrative Law Judge) "one of the safest therapeutically active substances known to man." http://www.ccguide.org.uk/young88.php

But what came accross to us kids was that here was a really fun, interesting, adventurous and yet safe way to hack off the adults.

Anyway, I think the goal of AStart is just as stated; to get some much needed scrutiny, regulation and professionalism into the mix. I'm all for that. I'm also pleasantly surprise and impressed w/ what Nicki Bush had to say in the printed version of the press conference speeches ( http://cfs.fmhi.usf.edu/projects/AStart ... sbrief.pdf )

The woman seems to be most astute in her observations, open to new ideas w/o losing all sense and reason and willing to go against the current in the interest of setting things right.

I still don't think formal regulation is ever going to have NEARLY the impact of the slings and arrows of a well informed public opinion. But it's not contradictory, either, provided we all exhert some influence on the process--keep them playing straight, in other words. And I do get the sense that their primary inclination is to play it straight.

The way to see by faith is to shut the eye of reason.
--Benjamin Franklin, American Founding Father, author, and inventor

"Don\'t let the past remind us of what we are not now."
~ Crosby Stills Nash & Young, Sweet Judy Blue Eyes

Offline Anonymous

• View Profile
« Reply #17 on: October 21, 2005, 09:58:00 PM »
I agree wholeheartedly... First with Nikki... She is  a very good public speaker and had a major impact... But also with the fact that by trying to get legislation through, the caus ein general will receive much more attention...

Offline Deborah

• View Profile
« Reply #18 on: October 22, 2005, 12:49:00 AM »
My personal concern- what do they consider 'help'; given Friedman's involvment with CHADD and the prez's New Freedom Commission.

Robert Friedman,Ph.D:
?Second, the frequent use of these programs is another indication that our system is failing to adequately respond to the needs of children and families, and we need to constantly strive to make changes so that children and families can get the help they need in their own communities."

Friedman served on the Planning Board for the Surgeon General's Report on Mental Health in 1999, and recently served on the Child and Family Subcommittee of the President's New Freedom Commission on Mental Health.
http://cfs.fmhi.usf.edu/cfsnews/2005new ... award.html

Member CHADD National Professional Advisory Board (PAB)
http://www.chadd.org/newszoom.cfm?cat_i ... news_id=86

Developing Mental Health Indicators for U.S. Children and Adolescents Steering Committee Members
http://www.kidsmentalhealth.org/Indicat ... ittee.html

A second issue reflected in the recent, dramatic growth of residential treatment facilities is the need to increase access to effective care for children and families in their own homes and communities so that residential care is used only when needed and not by default because other services are unavailable. Progress has been made through efforts such as the system of care grant program of the federal Center for Mental Health Services (2002) and through local and state initiatives, but there clearly is a need for great improvement, as described by the President's New Freedom Commission (2003), and the Child and Family Subcommittee of the President's New Freedom Commission (Huang et al., in press). Significant progress has been made in developing individualized, culturally competent, and intensive interventions to be provided in communities; now the "reach" of these efforts needs to be extended.
http://www.nospank.net/pinto.htm
gt;>>>>>>>>>>>>>><<<<<<<<<<<<<<
Hidden Lake Academy, after operating 12 years unlicensed will now be monitored by the state. Access information on the Federal Class Action lawsuit against HLA here: http://www.fornits.com/wwf/viewtopic.php?t=17700

Offline Anonymous

• View Profile
« Reply #19 on: October 22, 2005, 01:11:00 AM »
What is wrong with the affiliations you listed?

Offline Anonymous

• View Profile

Offline Teen Advocates USA

• View Profile
« Reply #21 on: October 22, 2005, 12:21:00 PM »
Here's an excerpt from one of the best articles I have read on how and why it came to be that millions of America's youth are being drugged into compliance with their parents and teachers.

----------------------------------------------

This mention of Schedule II drugs brings us to a second reason for the Ritalin explosion in this decade. That is the extraordinary political and medical clout of CHADD, by far the largest of the add support groups and a lobbying organization of demonstrated prowess. Founded in 1987, chadd had, according to Diller, grown by 1993 to include 35,000 families and 600 chapters nationally. Its professional advisory board, he notes, "includes most of the most prominent academicians in the add world, a veritable who?s who in research."

Like most support groups in self-help America, CHADD functions partly as clearing-house and information center for its burgeoning membership ? organizing speaking events, issuing a monthly newsletter (Chadderbox), putting out a glossy magazine (named, naturally enough, Attention!), and operating an exceedingly active website stocked with on-line fact sheets and items for sale. Particular scrutiny is given to every legal and political development offering new benefits for those diagnosed with add. On these and other fronts of interest, CHADD leads the add world. "No matter how many sources of information are out there," as a slogan on its website promises, "chadd is the one you can trust."

One of CHADD?s particular strengths is that it is exquisitely media-sensitive, and has a track record of delivering speedy responses to any reports on Ritalin or add that the group deems inaccurate. Diller quotes as representative one fundraising letter from 1997, where the organization listed its chief goals and objectives as "conduct[ing] a proactive media campaign" and "challeng[ing] negative, inaccurate reports that demean or undermine people with add." Citing "savage attacks" in the Wall Street Journal and Forbes, the letter also went on to exhort readers into "fighting these battles of misinformation, innuendo, ignorance and outright hostility toward CHADD and adults who have a neurobiological disorder." The circle-the-wagons rhetoric here appears to be typical of the group, as is the zeal.

-------------------

Source: WHY RITALIN RULES By MARY EBERSTADT

Read entire article here:

http://www.policyreview.org/apr99/eberstadt.html

Offline Anonymous

• View Profile
« Reply #22 on: October 22, 2005, 01:04:00 PM »
well the url you pointed to seems to indicate Dr. Friedman as rather new to them... Lets not jump the gun...

Offline Antigen

• View Profile
« Reply #23 on: October 22, 2005, 02:14:00 PM »
Deb, I have the same concern. But I'm not at all surprised. This is just exactly what I expected when I heard a congresscritter was taking up the cause. Not that Miller is necessarily a bad guy. I've heard from a good many people that he's an unusually decent sort of fellow who understands the issue as well as anybody. But the ground rules of the political game dictate that everyone w/ and interest in the industry and some cash and/or influence to invest is going to belly up to the bar.

Naturally, the pill pushers and the bible thumpers and the LGA moonies and everyone else who has The Answer® to sell us will want to play.

Is there any substance to the rumor that PURE is mucking around in the background here? I honestly don't know, but I would expect it. Wouldn't you?

Brace yourselves, it promises to get worse. Much worse.

What does surprise me is that we have some involvement of people who have firsthand experience in the industry; parents, kids and outsider therapy staff. I hope they get someone on board who really gets it; who was thoroughly brainwashed, peer staff and who has shaken it off.

Also, Kenny Boy's behavior is surprising. You'd think that he'd do just what he did w/ the Utah licensing legislation; play ball, buy some loopholes then go along his merry way taking credit for having supported the idea all along; "What? Nothing to see here, we're totally in compliance (cuz we're a school). Why, didn't you know? We helped craft that law!"

So, what gives? Why is Kenny showing his ass already in the first inning? I suppose he's been under a lot of pressure lately. Poor dear.

In any event, we the unwashed masses do have a bit of influence on the process, even from the sidelines. The ASTART people seem open to input for the time being. At the very least, they are bringing the issue before some more heads. I'm not really expecting much. I still think this is an effect of the culture war and it'll be a good many years before we can turn it around, if we ever are able to do that.

Either cocaine and marijuana are terribly dangerous substances, and breaking the law by consuming them is a major offense that should be severely punished, or these are minor, personal matters that do not really count in the big picture of a man's life. If the latter is the case, then the rationale for a bloody, costly and futile war against drugs simply disappears.
--Jorge G. Castaneda, Newsweek International, September 6, 1999

Offline Anonymous

• View Profile
« Reply #24 on: October 22, 2005, 09:22:00 PM »
http://www.bazelon.org/newsroom/10-18-05briefing.htm
A START, a multi-disciplinary taskforce coordinated by the Florida Mental Health Institute and the Bazelon Center for Mental Health Law, has studied the increased marketing of unlicensed and unregulated residential programs to desperate families as the best treatment for their children?s mental health needs.

?Residential treatment facilities should be reserved for children and youth whose dangerous behavior cannot be controlled except in a secure setting,? concluded Tammy Seltzer, senior staff attorney at the Bazelon Center. ?They should not be opportunities for unscrupulous and unaccountable entrepreneurs to get rich quick at the expense of children and families who need responsible and effective mental health treatment. We ask Congress to protect children and families by improving access to appropriate mental health treatment and increasing oversight of those who only pretend to have children?s best interests at heart.?

Offline Anonymous

• View Profile
« Reply #25 on: October 23, 2005, 11:29:00 AM »
Ginger  

FYI S.S. of Pure wasnt in Washington DC this week. I have heard sge was spoken with,but then so were many people who have an input on the situation.

It would be difficult for S.S. to claim she is an advocate for children then continue to refer kids to the school under investgation for child abuse.

It is what it is,not what she would have people believe.

Offline Antigen

• View Profile
« Reply #26 on: October 23, 2005, 03:58:00 PM »
Uhm.... ok, the aspens are turning? Why so cryptic?

By whom was secret agent SS spoken to?

"When did I realize it? Well, one day I was praying and suddenly realized I was talking to myself."
--God

Offline Antigen

• View Profile
« Reply #27 on: October 23, 2005, 04:04:00 PM »
On 2005-10-22 18:22:00, Anonymous wrote:

We ask Congress to protect children and families by improving access to appropriate mental health treatment and increasing oversight of those who only pretend to have children?s best interests at heart.?

Yeah, that's like sand in my scivies. Define 'appropriate mental health treatment', please. Are they talking about screening out kids who don't actually need treatment of any kind? Or are we talking about more formal, more permanent, more legally significant dx like ODD and Draptomania?

We know already that we're talking about handing a little more public, federal funding to these community based mental health pros. Are they evidence based? Do they do a decent job of ruling out the side effects of their own interventions before inflicing more of the same on the kids?

What are these community based treatments that they're saying are scientifically proven?

Enquiring minds want to know.

We must all hang together, or assuredly we shall all hang separately.
-- Ben Franklin At the signing of the Declaration of Independence, July 4, 1776.