Author Topic: BREAKING THE VOW OF SECRECY  (Read 3469 times)

Offline Anonymous

• View Profile
BREAKING THE VOW OF SECRECY
« on: October 20, 2005, 01:07:00 AM »

A true story about Teen Help/WWASP

Under penalty of perjury laws of the State of Washington, I declare the following to be true and correct.

My name is Karen E. Lile (Bean).  I am a resident of Clayton, CA and can be contacted at http://hotcoco.com/newslib/index.htm and search under Contra Costa Times, Parents Defend Locked Facility as Aid to Kids.)

I did not expect anything remotely like the experience I was about to undergo.  I entered the seminar with an open mind, eager to learn and share; excited to find out more about my daughter?s program.   My daughter had written to me expressing her feelings of joy and significance after completion of her Discovery Seminar.  I expected my experience to worthy of the same sentiments.

I didn?t know that the nature of the seminar process was so foreign to ordinary human experience, I couldn?t possibly have understood the true nature of what I was about to undergo from anything I had read or heard before hand.

For the rest of this story, Breaking the Vow of Secrecy Part 2 see link below:

http://www.http://www.pianofinders.com/ ... crecy2.htm

Copyright 1998-2004 Karen E. Lile
« Last Edit: December 31, 1969, 07:00:00 PM by Guest »

Offline Anonymous

• View Profile
« Reply #1 on: October 20, 2005, 12:06:00 PM »
wow thats freaking old news, who cares!?

Offline Anonymous

• View Profile
« Reply #2 on: October 20, 2005, 12:13:00 PM »
:wstupid:  :wstupid:  :wstupid:

:wave:

Offline Anonymous

• View Profile
« Reply #3 on: October 20, 2005, 01:21:00 PM »
Lots of people care, or should care, unless they have some reason to be intimidated by this well-written account of what really goes on in LGAT serminars.

Personally, I don't think the LGAT component of WWASPS has gotten enough attention by organizations like A START and Bazelon.

Hopefully, they will sit up and take notice that mind abuse exists in these programs, as well.

:idea:

Offline Antigen

• View Profile
    • http://wwf.Fornits.com/
« Reply #4 on: October 20, 2005, 03:16:00 PM »
"Personally, I don't think the LGAT component of WWASPS has gotten enough attention by organizations like A START and Bazelon."

Really? Can you point me to some of that? I heard a rumor that Allison Pinto is closely affiliated w/ The Tavistock Institute. That was a new name on me. What I've found so far is that it started out after WWI as an institute to study and treat shell shock (PTSD) and that it's been rather controversial over the years. When you go looking for opinions and investigations about them, you come up w/ names like David Ick and Lyndon LaRouch, who some people think are often used to spread intentional disinfo and distraction.

So I'm back at the beginning wrt understanding who's involved in this effort and where they're likely to take it. Anybody got any more info?

As men's prayers are a disease of the will, so are their creeds a disease of the intellect.
--Ralph Waldo Emerson, American essayist, poet, philosopher

"Don\'t let the past remind us of what we are not now."
~ Crosby Stills Nash & Young, Sweet Judy Blue Eyes

Offline Anonymous

• View Profile
« Reply #5 on: October 20, 2005, 05:30:00 PM »
On 2005-10-20 12:16:00, Antigen wrote:

""Personally, I don't think the LGAT component of WWASPS has gotten enough attention by organizations like A START and Bazelon."

Really? Can you point me to some of that? I heard a rumor that Allison Pinto is closely affiliated w/ The Tavistock Institute. That was a new name on me. What I've found so far is that it started out after WWI as an institute to study and treat shell shock (PTSD) and that it's been rather controversial over the years. When you go looking for opinions and investigations about them, you come up w/ names like David Ick and Lyndon LaRouch, who some people think are often used to spread intentional disinfo and distraction.

So I'm back at the beginning wrt understanding who's involved in this effort and where they're likely to take it. Anybody got any more info?

As men's prayers are a disease of the will, so are their creeds a disease of the intellect.
--Ralph Waldo Emerson, American essayist, poet, philosopher

"

Maybe I missed it, but I didn't see anything in the PDF file relative to the work they are doing.

Personally, what I would like to see is much more interest by behavior healtcare experts into this specific component of B.M. programs b/c I do believe LGAT plays a huge role in instilling participants with the values and beliefs of the facilitators (e.g. Lifespring former trainer) .... meaning INDOCTRINATION is what's really going on in these facilities.

That's all I was getting at.

Offline Antigen

• View Profile
« Reply #6 on: October 20, 2005, 05:45:00 PM »
S'awright. I misread. Somehow, I skipped right over the word "don't", reversing the sense of what you wrote. Sorry, my bad. We're on the same page.

Now, I haven't been able to substantiate any clear connection. But if you search "allison pinto" tavistock you get a couple of hits. Here's an interesting tidbit:

Tavistock in a County Jail
http://www.uvm.edu/~mkessler/akrice/SM_ ... _hazel.ppt

It's a powerpoint thing. Some browsers will choke. Use page down or the scrollbar to get the next frame.

If a woman has to choose between catching a fly ball and saving an infant's life, she will choose to save the infant's life without even considering if there are men on base.
-- Dave Barry

Offline Antigen

• View Profile
« Reply #7 on: October 20, 2005, 06:29:00 PM »
Anybody know this guy?

Marc Kessler, Ph.D.

http://www.uvm.edu/~mkessler/

By 1940 the literacy figure for all states stood at 96 percent for whites. Eighty percent for blacks. Notice for all the disadvantages blacks labored under, four of five were still literate. Six decades later, at the end of the 20th century, the National Adult Literacy Survey and the National Assessment of Educational Progress say 40 percent of blacks and 17 percent of whites can't read at all. Put another way, black illiteracy doubled, white illiteracy quadrupled, despite the fact that we spend three or four times as much real money on schooling as we did 60 years ago.
--Vin Suprynowicz

Offline Antigen

• View Profile
« Reply #8 on: October 20, 2005, 07:00:00 PM »
More interesting stuff...

http://www.uvm.edu/~mkessler/akrice/tavistock.html

Note that members seem not to be capable of ideas, thoughts, dreams, plans or predictions, only fantasies. At the end of the above referenced piece, we find that if the members are in any way displeased with the consults (facilitators) it's never due to any objective observation about the consultant's behavior or personality, it's just that the members "inevitably project on the staff their fantasies, fears, and doubts about authority and power."

Hmm, could this be a manifestation of Anonymity Anonymous

Offline Anonymous

• View Profile
« Reply #9 on: October 20, 2005, 09:53:00 PM »
On 2005-10-20 14:45:00, Antigen wrote:

"S'awright. I misread. Somehow, I skipped right over the word "don't", reversing the sense of what you wrote. Sorry, my bad. We're on the same page.

Now, I haven't been able to substantiate any clear connection. But if you search "allison pinto" tavistock you get a couple of hits. Here's an interesting tidbit:

Tavistock in a County Jail

http://www.uvm.edu/~mkessler/akrice/SM_ ... _hazel.ppt

It's a powerpoint thing. Some browsers will choke. Use page down or the scrollbar to get the next frame.

If a woman has to choose between catching a fly ball and saving an infant's life, she will choose to save the infant's life without even considering if there are men on base.
-- Dave Barry

"

No worries!  Thanks alot for the heads up, I am currently researching the links you provided about Tavistock and must tell you I definitly have some concerns myself about who's involved in this reform movement and what direction it's heading.  (Don't get me wrong, I'm glad to see something happening but I learned a long time ago to be careful what I wish for  :smokin:

Offline Anonymous

• View Profile
« Reply #10 on: October 20, 2005, 10:40:00 PM »
Why don't you make your statements, short and to the point. I did read over what you said, TWICE!!! After that, I gave up. So, do you support WWASPS or not???!!!!! If you do, then why? If you don't then why? I don't need a full on background about you and your husband!!!! What I do care about is your child.

Offline Anonymous

• View Profile
« Reply #11 on: October 20, 2005, 10:41:00 PM »
What do you guys think is the real goal or vision of A START really is?

Offline BuzzKill

• View Profile
« Reply #12 on: October 20, 2005, 10:58:00 PM »
Well, the Tavistock business does raise eyebrows.  It does remind one of the LGAT process.

Still, I feel the folks who have put this press conference together, have shown their ability and willingness, to bring some much needed attention to the problem of these programs - and for that I am grateful.

I do hope, all those letters, behind all those names, saying what we (the letterless masses) have been saying for ages, will get the message some meaningful attention.

But for those of us who enjoy a good conspiracy theory  :wink: I found this while Googling; Mentions the Tavistock institute in London.

http://www.rense.com/general15/tr.htm

Offline Antigen

• View Profile
« Reply #13 on: October 21, 2005, 05:01:00 PM »
On 2005-10-20 18:53:00, Anonymous wrote:

(Don't get me wrong, I'm glad to see something happening but I learned a long time ago to be careful what I wish for  )

Me too. I'm somewhere in between tepid and solid support of the effort; fully in favor of everyone w/ any interest at all keeping an eye on this and weighing in as much as possible. I definitely see a pattern of sincerely good intenetions along with an unusal showing people who actually have firsthand experience w/ the industry.

My only reservation remains that the professionals have just as big a blind spot wrt adverse side effects of their interventions and the limited size of their legitimate market. In other words, not everyone who has a bad day, week or year or a traumatic experience necessarily needs formal, expert intervention. Most of the time, we should just let things run their course.

Infidel: In New York, one who does not believe in the Christian religion; in Constantinople, one who does.
--Ambrose Bierce

Offline Anonymous

• View Profile
« Reply #14 on: October 21, 2005, 05:49:00 PM »
Although I understand everyone's concern, I do not see where A START has ever advocated for anything other than oversight of the facilities that we all have been screaming about for years...
A START has been founded for that purpose and happens to be backed by many of their peers... But I don't think we should tie in the "history of the profession" and all of its ills with a group who is focused on one thing (as is evidenced by their name 'Alliance for the Safe, Therapeutic & Appropriate use of residential Treatment')... But to each their own... Hopefully everyone will see the true intentions as this rolls on, and I don't think you will be disappointed...