Author Topic: Looking for people from Springfield Virginia around 1987  (Read 1071 times)

Offline Princess Bride

• View Profile
Looking for people from Springfield Virginia around 1987
« on: October 17, 2005, 03:47:00 AM »
I was in Straight from October 1987 to January 1989. I have just today started looking over all the things posted on the web. This sounds so melodramatic, but I'll say it anyway: I can't stop shaking. It's 12:30 in the morning and I can't stop looking at all this stuff.
I went on initially to see if I could find lists of people who may have registered somewhere for people to get in touch with them. I was thinking about someone in particular.
I see all this stuff about brainwashing and cults and am totally stunned by what I am reading. So many people had similar experiences. I have never been able to talk to anyone about this place. I am ashamed that I was there and have always hated myself for ever sounding like a victim of anything.
I hope not to sink in to that. The words I am reading are surreal.
One guy talking about getting on with life without a program at all. What a concept!!I have been out of AA for many years but still feel guilty that I didn't finish Straight (my mom finally let me withdraw after 3 cop outs) and am not longer attending meetings.
I am constantly amazed that I have a good paying job and a family and haven't screwed it up yet. If anyone would like to chat with me even if you weren't specifically in Springfield, please email me at [email protected].
Thanks so much for having this site up.
« Last Edit: December 31, 1969, 07:00:00 PM by Guest »

Offline Withdraw

• View Profile
« Reply #1 on: October 17, 2005, 04:03:00 AM »
[ This Message was edited by: Withdraw on 2006-02-28 22:05 ]

Offline the wet noodle

• View Profile
« Reply #2 on: October 19, 2005, 07:45:00 PM »
Hey Princess...I was in there with ya... I have not posted on Fornits for a while...work has been crazy...but I was scanning old strings and found your posts... it is good to hear from an alum of good ol 5515 (aka hell on earth)

BTW -  :wave: HI Withdraw NCl and Pirate what's up gang? I have missed you...
our Anger is a Gift