Author Topic: My neighbor is a fucking snitch  (Read 9886 times)

Offline Anonymous

• View Profile
My neighbor is a fucking snitch
« Reply #15 on: November 07, 2005, 01:32:00 PM »
Yeah, but that shit only works if you have a witness to back you up.  I didn't give consent to search, the cops did it anyway, and charged me with several drug and weapons charges, many of them felonies.  I told my lawyer I did not consent to search, he told me that while he believed me, 'cause he knows that cops lie all the fucking time, a jury would damn sure believe two uniformed cops over me.  All cops suck shit, it's a job requirement that they be illiterate and power crazed.  I wasn't bothering anybody, I was minding my own business, and these assholes detained me, stole my shit, then arrested and charged me.  Over $15,000 later, I got my car and guns back, but not the other things they stole from me.  Cops are just paid oppressors for the ruling class.  Fuck the police.
« Last Edit: December 31, 1969, 07:00:00 PM by Guest »

Offline starry-eyed pirate

• View Profile
« Reply #16 on: November 07, 2005, 03:49:00 PM »
i pretty much agree with you.  i have to say though that i have gotten out of a lot of shit wit' da heat by treating 'em not like pigs but like human bein's.  When i demonstrate to them that i am competent and respectful(not asskissin', but jus' generally respectful of their humanity) and can also demonstrate that i know my rights and am willing to defend myself with them, and that i am not intimidated, then, most of the time they don' want ta mess with me, i mean unless they got me with the goods.  i mean the whole thing is to prevent them from establishing probable cause.  And it does help to have a witness to corrorborate(SP?) your story if it were to go before a judge.

i have found, that with a certain combination of luck, and some, as they say "moxie", cops can be disarmed, so to speak, under certain circumstances.  if i got shit in my car or on me i aint givin' no consent to a search.
If you would have justice in this world, then begin to see that a human being is not a means to some end.  People are not commodities.  When human beings are just to one another government becomes obsolete and real freedom is born; SPIRITUAL ANARCHY.

Offline starry-eyed pirate

• View Profile
« Reply #17 on: November 07, 2005, 04:11:00 PM »
Fuck the cops.  Fuck the law.   :skull:  :skull:  :skull:
If you would have justice in this world, then begin to see that a human being is not a means to some end.  People are not commodities.  When human beings are just to one another government becomes obsolete and real freedom is born; SPIRITUAL ANARCHY.

Offline Anonymous

• View Profile
« Reply #18 on: November 07, 2005, 04:27:00 PM »
On 2005-11-06 19:13:00, Lars wrote:

"As a criminal defense lawyer who handles a lot of drug cases, I can tell you that most people get nailed because they didn't know that they have a right to say no to searches.  Most people think that if the cops are going to search anyway, they're better off cooperating.  WRONG!!!  When you consent, you waive the right to challenge the search and get the evidence suppressed when the matter goes to court and hamstring your attorney.  Always say no.

Don't consent to a search.

Don't answer questions.

If some dickhead cop persists, say the magic words, "I think I'll just call my lawyer."

Cops hate the word "lawyer."  Not enough people know to say it in these type of situations.[ This Message was edited by: Lars on 2005-11-06 19:14 ]"

Question:
Okay, well I have had my door kicked in and was told the police could do this because they suspected someone in my house had a warrant. Is this really legal?

Offline Antigen

• View Profile
    • http://wwf.Fornits.com/
« Reply #19 on: November 07, 2005, 05:13:00 PM »
Anon, no, that's not legal. But again, it happens all the time. Just look at the Tulia drug scandal. Do you have any idea how much time, effort and pro bono work went into unfucking that one little microcosm of a messy spot?

Pirate, it depends a lot on the cop in question. Around here, there's still some diversity. I don't know anything about New Castle, but here most of them are fairly decent, reasonable people with a higher fidelity to their town than the brotherhood. There's one town where they're known to be total dicks and another that's put on the Wackenhut colors. But the rest are pretty decent folk. I just hope that doesn't change much before ppl see what the task forces are all about and do like Texas and defund them.

My view is that if there is no evidence for it, then forget about it. An agnostic is somebody who doesn't believe in something until there is evidence for it, so I'm agnostic.
--Carl Sagan, American astronomer and author

"Don\'t let the past remind us of what we are not now."
~ Crosby Stills Nash & Young, Sweet Judy Blue Eyes

Offline tommyfromhyde1

• View Profile
« Reply #20 on: November 22, 2005, 04:14:00 PM »
On 2005-11-06 19:13:00, Lars wrote:

"As a criminal defense lawyer who handles a lot of drug cases, I can tell you that most people get nailed because they didn't know that they have a right to say no to searches.  Most people think that if the cops are going to search anyway, they're better off cooperating.  WRONG!!!  When you consent, you waive the right to challenge the search and get the evidence suppressed when the matter goes to court and hamstring your attorney.  Always say no.

Don't consent to a search.

Now Lars, doesn't representing drug defendants violate some sort of Hyde "ethic"? (snark snark)
Like brother's jailor..er..keeper?

Revelation indeed had no weight with me.
--Benjamin Franklin, American Founding Father, author, and inventor