Author Topic: Worst of the Worst  (Read 1287 times)

Offline Anonymous

• View Profile
Worst of the Worst
« on: October 11, 2005, 12:48:00 PM »
So which program was the worst, most abusive, emotionally taxing program of them all? Straight? WWASPS? CEDU? I'd be curious to see arguments for each, and it'd definitely be interesting to see some good comparison.
« Last Edit: December 31, 1969, 07:00:00 PM by Guest »

Offline Anonymous

• View Profile
Worst of the Worst
« Reply #1 on: October 12, 2005, 04:55:00 AM »
Don't forget PCS

Offline Anonymous

• View Profile
Worst of the Worst
« Reply #2 on: October 12, 2005, 10:28:00 AM »
On 2005-10-11 09:48:00, Anonymous wrote:

"So which program was the worst, most abusive, emotionally taxing program of them all? Straight? WWASPS? CEDU? I'd be curious to see arguments for each, and it'd definitely be interesting to see some good comparison. "

How could anyone know unless they attending all of them. Since they have been spread out over decades, I doubt this is possible.

How about: they are all terrible.

Offline Anonymous

• View Profile
Worst of the Worst
« Reply #3 on: October 12, 2005, 01:14:00 PM »
On 2005-10-12 01:55:00, Anonymous wrote:

"Don't forget PCS"

What's PCS?

Also, I think it is possible to compare them. I, for one, attended CEDU. But from researching various WWASPS schools, I am confident that they had a considerably worse time than us.

Offline Anonymous

• View Profile
Worst of the Worst
« Reply #4 on: October 12, 2005, 10:12:00 PM »
My daughter went to Cedu Ascent for 7 weeks.  As strange as this might sound, it did her a world of good and to this day she says that it was a great experience.  

Could be the reason she enjoyed it was she did not have many of the problems that the other students had.  She was sent more as a preventative measure.  

My daughter of course did not like the initial indoctrination including the strip search, but once she got through that part of it she did pretty well, and in fact came home saying that it taught her she could do most anything she set her mind to.

In spite of this positive experience, I do not recommend any of these programs other than as a last resort.  This includes the therapuetic boarding schools or those who claim to be for struggling teens. I firmly believe you are better off getting family counseling at home  rather than send them off to a program.  Most times they don't work and many times they are detrimental to their emotional well being.

Offline Antigen

• View Profile
    • http://wwf.Fornits.com/
Worst of the Worst
« Reply #5 on: October 12, 2005, 10:46:00 PM »
I don't think anyone can really say. Which is worse, having your mind bent to the point where you'll cut your nuts off for Cuck or one where they beat up on your body more and your mind a little less?

The spirit of this country is totally adverse to a large military force.
--Thomas Jefferson

"Don\'t let the past remind us of what we are not now."
~ Crosby Stills Nash & Young, Sweet Judy Blue Eyes

Offline BuzzKill

• View Profile
Worst of the Worst
« Reply #6 on: October 13, 2005, 11:44:00 AM »
Me, myself - I would much prefer a beating to mind games. I have always felt that emotional abuse was more insidious and damaging in the long term. But as for judging which is worse program wise - it would have to be the programs that most effectively combine the two.

I have to say when reading accounts of Straight Inc I have thought it was more evil than the program.

Thats not to let the program off the hook - as far as I am concerned - it is really just Straight Inc re-packaged in a residential format as opposed to the host home model.

But really, I am not comfortable with trying to determine which is worse - b/c this seem to invalidate the trauma suffered by the kids in the less horrible situations - which can still be very bad.

Its the treatment model that is abusive and destructive to a person's identity and over all health. Some use a more exaggerated form of this abusive and negligent treatment model - but they that use it are all abusive and negligent.

Offline judy

• View Profile
Worst of the Worst
« Reply #7 on: October 13, 2005, 06:21:00 PM »
I agree, without being in all of them how can we judge? I have seen and been on the receiving end of physical, emotional, mental, and sexual abuse during my stay at straight. I saw them take a young guy and stand him naked in a room without furniture or anything to hide behind and march me and a few others in to humiliate him. It was also to show us what was in store if we didn't comply. I don't remember the guys name but I wonder how he's doing emotionally.It's been almost 30 years and I still have issues with abandonment and trust.
was there from 1977-78...a lifer

Offline Anonymous

• View Profile
Worst of the Worst
« Reply #8 on: October 14, 2005, 02:28:00 AM »
Well seeing as how nothing close to as bad as that, or anything I've read about Straight, Inc., happened at CEDU, I think we can scratch CEDU off the list. But WWASPS is still up there. Any others that deserve mentioning?

Offline Antigen

• View Profile
Worst of the Worst
« Reply #9 on: October 14, 2005, 11:20:00 AM »
I dunno about that. Look what CEDU did to Mark Hughes. http://www.rickross.com/reference/herba ... life9.html

Poor bastard. Never came up for air, it seems.

If you want to get together in any exclusive situation and have people love you, fine- but to hang all this desperate sociology on the idea of The Cloud-Guy who has The Big Book, who knows if you've been bad or good- and CARES about any of it- to hang it all on that, folks, is the chimpanzee part of the brain working.
--Frank Zappa, American musician

Offline Anonymous

• View Profile
Worst of the Worst
« Reply #10 on: October 14, 2005, 02:58:00 PM »
So some multi-millionaire took his own life. That has everything to do with CEDU? Look, I'm not discounting the pain people feel as a result of CEDU. I went there, and my brain is a mess trying to sort reality from what they spoon fed me.

But I almost get offended when people try to pin everything on their CEDU experience. Sure, there are more than one kids that I was friends with at CEDU that took their own lives. But I know even more that never went to an EG school that decided to end it all before their time. I'm sure if you researched it in depth, you'd find the proportion of post-CEDU suicides is the same as non-CEDU suicides. So why kid ourselves?

Yeah, thats a sad story, but I don't feel bad for this Hughes guy. He did what he did and it was nobody's choice but his own. Suicide is tragic, but I refuse to feel bad for its victims. I feel far worse for those that live extremely troubled lives and are still sticking it out. They're the ones that are in pain.

Offline Antigen

• View Profile
Worst of the Worst
« Reply #11 on: March 07, 2012, 06:39:51 AM »
Right, shaw nuff. But Hughes was one of the first CEDU poster boys. He modeled his life and business after the pyramid model and the whole 'this newly patented brand of God in a Bottle will change your life for ever!!!' schtick.

In reality, his confessions of having come up in squallor and poverty were bullshit, as was his stayed profession that good clean living was the secret to his great success. As with any other pyramid scheme, most of the inductees got crushed in the gears while some few who clawed their way to the top come out wealthy and, at least on the surface, appearing to be quite happy and healthy.

Everybody's lost just waiting to be found. Everyone's a thought just waiting to fade.
-- Billy Corgan of The Smashing Pumpkins