Author Topic: Dear Art,  (Read 29014 times)

Offline Anonymous

• View Profile
Dear Art,
« Reply #45 on: October 05, 2005, 03:38:00 PM »
Dear Art,

Once upon a time I was a straight A student, a member of the chess club, a member of 'future leaders of america', and had applied for various colleges and was accepted at harvard business school.

However, I had smoked some marijuana and was clearly dying, going insane and headed for jail. My parents were convinced to enrolll me during my senior year of school in your rehab and I have never smoked pot again! Because of you I forgoed my scholarship at a top university and spent the next 10 years stepping and kissing libbi's ass.  Today I work at circle K, but I am the night manager!

You saved me!

THANKS ART!  You are groovy!
« Last Edit: December 31, 1969, 07:00:00 PM by Guest »

Offline Anonymous

• View Profile
Dear Art,
« Reply #46 on: October 05, 2005, 03:46:00 PM »
Good for you, we are all proud of you.  Now take your meds and go back to sleep so you'll be ready for work.

Offline Anonymous

• View Profile
Dear Art,
« Reply #47 on: October 05, 2005, 03:47:00 PM »
most people that have been brilliant in school have a problem doing well in real life,  you shoiuld have developed  better social skills . Don't blame your carrer
choices on Art.

Offline Antigen

• View Profile
    • http://wwf.Fornits.com/
Dear Art,
« Reply #48 on: October 05, 2005, 04:07:00 PM »
Marshall, Greg pretty much nails it. There was a rather subtle but unmistakable CC influence (and by that I mean the Southern Independent Baptist type, playing cards are a tool of the devil, females shall not wear divided costume type Christian).

But it wasn't coming from the original group staff or higher up. It was coming from the parents group. In fact, when I was allowed to go to "school", it turned out to be a freakishly extreme Independent Baptist school attached to a church. There I learned, from the PACE homeschool curriculum, that Col Sanders was a fine Klansman and great American hero, while characters like Jefferson, Adams and Franklin were not even worthy of mention.

And there were at least 3 other Straightlings and a couple of LIFErs in attendance during the 6 months or so I was there.

Did the Seed have a rule about being allowed to read the Bible but nothing else? I can't remember whether that was for front row or newcomer at home (in Straight, 1st or 2nd phase) I don't know what would have happened if someone sent up a coc to be allowed to read any non Judeo/Christian texts. I suppose they would have been allowed if the parents supported it, but I have the impression that it would not have been entheusiastically supported.

The spirit of this country is totally adverse to a large military force.
--Thomas Jefferson

"Don\'t let the past remind us of what we are not now."
~ Crosby Stills Nash & Young, Sweet Judy Blue Eyes

Offline Anonymous

• View Profile
Dear Art,
« Reply #49 on: October 05, 2005, 04:20:00 PM »
Do I detect battle lines being drawn?  :scared:  :scared:

Offline Anonymous

• View Profile
Dear Art,
« Reply #50 on: October 05, 2005, 04:23:00 PM »
Dear Art Y Shelly,

When I was 9, I was saved of certain death, insantiy or jail because you "fixed" my druggie attitude. Of course I had never done drugs or even thought about doing them, but I had those darn posters and even bell bottom jeans!  My mom was so smart to place me in your care before things got really out of hand.

Oh sure, the methods weren't perfect. I was stripped searched by a rapist. My oldcomer masturbated every night and sprayed me on the chin because unfortunately I was on the lower bunk, and I was yelled at and kept away from my mother and sister for over 1 year. One night he even got it in my eye. I asked him what he was doing, and after moral inventory he showed me. I never understood however why he wanted to show me every night.  He was just that type of unselfish guy I guess, always giving, always caring.  

Later, after graduating, I had so idolized some of the staffers that I started shooting heroin, just like them!  

Even later, I got HIV from dirty needles, but I remembered those steps! I have recovered at least 30 times because of those darn steps!!!!

I am 85 pounds now and have full blown Aids.  Had it not been for you Art, I am sure I would have died a long time ago a dirty worthless druggie. I am now clean and sober and really miss you guys!

Lov ya!

Offline GregFL

• View Profile
Dear Art,
« Reply #51 on: October 05, 2005, 04:25:00 PM »
On 2005-10-05 13:20:00, Anonymous wrote:

"

Do I detect battle lines being drawn?  :scared:  :scared: "

no.

Offline Anonymous

• View Profile
Dear Art,
« Reply #52 on: October 05, 2005, 04:58:00 PM »
Greg what do you do when you are in the Forum Index?

Offline GregFL

• View Profile
Dear Art,
« Reply #53 on: October 05, 2005, 05:57:00 PM »
the "forum index" is just the first page of the forum.

This page

http://www.fornits.com/wwf/

Offline Anonymous

• View Profile
Dear Art,
« Reply #54 on: October 05, 2005, 06:26:00 PM »
Dear Art,

Once upon a time I was literally dying. I Know some people scoff, but Let me just recap what was killing me.

The main problem is that I had officially joined the counter-culture. I know that is hard to believe but it is true. One day, I took the bus to the Southeast regional office of the counter-culture and paid my dues. It was expensive for sure, 2 grams of hash and an ounce of mexican, but at the time I thought it was worth every penny. For that I received a patch, a headband, A "peace" t-shirt, and a Led Zeppelin album, and a "I hate Richard Nixon" bumper sticker.  

To be sure, it was the bumper sticker that prompted my father to seek out treatment for my disease as he knew I was in the first steps of addiction, insanity, by my daring to keep in print any criticism of the government.

Oh how I treasured these things but Little did I know they would lead me down the path of ruin and addiction.  How do I know this for certain? because you told me so silly!

Now, of course I had never done anything but smoke a little of that marijuana and hash that I purchased for my counter-culture dues, but after one month of being locked up and rapped to daily, discussing my sexuality and earning the right to pee, a light bulb went on. I started calling the bulb "god", and then one day John Underwood screamed at me until I pissed myself, then everyone took turns calling me names and telling me what a piece of shit I was "on the street". Wow, it was like a miracle, I finally realized  I WAS AN ADDICT AND YOUR PROGRAM HAD SAVED ME.

I tell everyone I meet that I was dying as a child and you saved me.  Had you not locked me up in that warehouse, with all that fiberglass dust, the guards, and the peanut butter sandwiches, I would Be DEAD, INSANE or INJAIL.

If anyone ever doubts that I Come down on em, just like you taught me,and then I never speak to them again!

Thank you for everything. You are not just my hero, you know what I am thinking right now!

signed,

The mayor.

Offline Anonymous

• View Profile
Dear Art,
« Reply #55 on: October 05, 2005, 08:09:00 PM »
Dear Art,

I was worthless before the seed. Often I would do drugs for hours, think nothing of myself.  I didn't respect god or country, my mother, my teachers. I only lived for drugs.

Since graduating the seed, I have become an upstanding citizen, proud of my affiliation with you and the seed.

You have made me who I am. Without you and the wonderfull seed program I would have never had the courage to do the things I have done.

I will always be gratefull. I love you!

Forever a seedling,

Jason Walton,1974.

http://www.dc.state.fl.us/ActiveInmates ... =974965271

Offline Anonymous

• View Profile
Dear Art,
« Reply #56 on: October 05, 2005, 08:31:00 PM »
Thank you Art & Shelly:

I am writing on behalf of my brother who just recently passed away. On his behalf I would like to thank you for giving him the tools to succeed in life. In prison he used to leads his own raps and remind people why they sang jingle bells. Without the guidance of you and your incompetent staff he may have been sentenced to death instead of life in prison. Hopefully you included him in your 90% success rate.

Love Ya' and could have endured my brothers prison sentence without you !

The Mauldin family

http://www.dc.state.fl.us/InmateRelease ... =969034778

Offline GregFL

• View Profile
Dear Art,
« Reply #57 on: October 05, 2005, 08:35:00 PM »
Oh my, if you are really with the Mauldin family my condolensces

Offline Anonymous

• View Profile
Dear Art,
« Reply #58 on: October 05, 2005, 08:42:00 PM »
Greg, i think the above posted is just finding people with records to add to his letters. since i think he's posted about 6 times in this thread. two of which are inmates...just a guess. but i think a reasonable one

Offline GregFL

• View Profile
Dear Art,
« Reply #59 on: October 05, 2005, 08:43:00 PM »
no, comes from a different IP.