Author Topic: follow-up questions on Hyde School  (Read 16502 times)

Offline tommyfromhyde1

• View Profile
follow-up questions on Hyde School
« Reply #45 on: October 06, 2005, 04:20:00 PM »
Interestingly, some threads from this board DID
come up on page one of a Google search if you
put "hyde school" inside quotes earlier last
summer. And the board was nowhere near as active
as it has been in the last couple of weeks. Go
figure.

...it is in fact nothing short of a miracle that the modern methods of instruction have not yet entirely strangled the holy curiosity of inquiry; for this delicate little plant, aside from stimulation, stands mainly in need of freedom; without this it goes to wrack and ruin without fail.
--Albert Einstein

« Last Edit: December 31, 1969, 07:00:00 PM by Guest »

Offline Anonymous

• View Profile
« Reply #46 on: October 07, 2005, 10:31:00 AM »
HydeFan seems to be getting more and more desperate to distort the truth.  On another thread he does a great sales pitch for Hyde, but the problem is what he says is not the truth.  I grant him that there are some truthful points he makes, but not many.  To go through each one and debate is a waste of time that I don't have.  

I have a life and a career no thanks to Hyde and find it impressive that HydeFan spends so much time trying to defend an institution that clearly has always had many flaws. As far as the school being open for anyone to see, HydeFan knows this is not true and that no potential student or parent will ever be allowed in a seminar.  HydeFan will say this is because of privacy, but the fact remains that many times what is done in these seminars is destructive and harmful!    These "group leaders" allow the level of these seminars to get to a very dangerous point and I do not believe the outside world will ever be privleged to see one unless Hyde sets a controlled one up with selecting the participants, the same way they set up the tours with their star students.

My question to HydeFan is, why are you going to such great lengths to try to prove all the other posters wrong?  Doesn't seem that you have let go of your control and dominance! At least the other posters point out the negatives and positives of Hyde.  You simply dispute any negatives and want the public to believe that Hyde is an Oasis if you do the work that Hyde expects.  This is not so and you know it!!

HydeFan, you give the perfect impression of Hyde.  A CULT

Offline Antigen

• View Profile
    • http://wwf.Fornits.com/
« Reply #47 on: October 07, 2005, 12:50:00 PM »
I dunno, Tommy. Maybe they've recently shelled out a bunch on advertising. Actually, what w/ the public funding and expansion, I guess that helps.

I give money for church organs in the hope the organ music will distract the congregation's attention from the rest of the service.
--Andrew Carnegie, Scottish-born American industrialist and philanthropist

"Don\'t let the past remind us of what we are not now."
~ Crosby Stills Nash & Young, Sweet Judy Blue Eyes

Offline Anonymous

• View Profile
« Reply #48 on: October 07, 2005, 01:18:00 PM »
On 2005-10-07 07:31:00, Anonymous wrote:

These "group leaders" allow the level of these seminars to get to a very dangerous point and I do not believe the outside world will ever be privleged to see one unless Hyde sets a controlled one up with selecting the participants, the same way they set up the tours with their star students.

Anon, you just jogged a memory! In '76 Hyde did
just that! They did it on the Phil Donahue show
I belive. And yes it was all Seniors and a few
Senior Preps as targets.

Offline tommyfromhyde1

• View Profile
« Reply #49 on: October 07, 2005, 01:19:00 PM »
Sorry, I forgot to log in. That last post was me.

To preserve liberty, it is essential that the whole body of people always possess arms, and be taught alike, especially when young, how to use them...
-- Richard Henry Lee, 1787

Offline Antigen

• View Profile
« Reply #50 on: October 07, 2005, 03:24:00 PM »
It's sort of comical when you think about it, isn't it? An egomaniacal control freak preaching humility through full disclosure while frantically scurrying about continually trying to obfuscate, divert and intimidate in an effort to keep Hyde's secrets.

What's Hyde got to hide, anyway? God, even the name is ironic as hell! Wouldn't Hyde benefit from full public disclosure?

How often, or on what system, the Thought Police plugged in any individual wire was guesswork. It was even conceivable that they watched everybody all the time. But at any rate, they could plug in your wire whenever they wanted to.
http://www.amazon.com/exec/obidos/ASIN/0451524934/circlofmiamithem' target='_new'>George Orwell, 1984

Offline tommyfromhyde1

• View Profile
« Reply #51 on: October 07, 2005, 03:54:00 PM »
Antigen, the name "Hyde" comes from the fact that
the original Bath, ME campus was built around
the mansion and estate of John S. Hyde, who
founded and built the Bath Iron Works. BIW is
a shipyard that mostly builds small ships such as
frigates and destroyers for the U.S. Navy. It's
by far the biggest employer in town (or was in
the '70s).

The spirit of this country is totally adverse to a large military force.
--Thomas Jefferson

Offline Anonymous

• View Profile
« Reply #52 on: October 07, 2005, 11:46:00 PM »
I bet even Jim Jones could have proved to the world his followers were benefiting from his teachings!!  This would be right before he talked them into drinking the kool aid!!

Offline Anonymous

• View Profile
« Reply #53 on: October 08, 2005, 12:42:00 AM »
You can find more on Hyde by going to Amazon.com.  On this site the reviews you write need to be about the Hyde books only, or Hyde will have Amazon pull off your post.  There were a few negative reviews that suddenly disappeared. Posting on Amazon would be another way of being heard, whether it be negative or positive experiences!

Offline Anonymous

• View Profile
« Reply #54 on: October 08, 2005, 01:36:00 AM »
Note the following article one year ago on Strugglingteens.com.  Hyde has already followed through and opened up the Oakland Ca. School.  Also note they are working with the Walton and Gates Foundation.  Would be good for both of these Foundations to be better informed!!!

MORE HYDE LEADERSHIP SCHOOLS
(May 10, 2004) Joe Gauld, Founder of Hyde School, http://www.hyde.edu, a leader in family-based character education, announced plans to establish five more Hyde Leadership Schools, which includes two charter school applications in New York City and Oakland, CA. They hope to open these two schools in September, 2005. Hyde is working with both the Walton and Gates Foundations. These foundations are committed ?to transform American education through the charter school movement.? They are working on developing Hyde charter schools in other regions, hoping to open in 2006 and beyond. The coordinator of this effort is Julie Greenlaw at [email protected], 207-443-7386. The two schools they hope to open in 2005 are modeled after the Hyde charter school in Washington D.C.

Offline tommyfromhyde1

• View Profile
« Reply #55 on: October 08, 2005, 02:00:00 PM »
On 2005-10-07 20:46:00, Anonymous wrote:

"I bet even Jim Jones could have proved to the world his followers were benefiting from his teachings!!  This would be right before he talked them into drinking the kool aid!!"

He had the whole San Francisco city gov't (Moscone
Administration) convinced that he was "getting
people off drugs".
Jones also had his people working as campaign workers for Moscone favored candidates for free.
Gauld did the same thing in Maine in the '70s

Sacred cows make the best hamburger.  
http://www.amazon.com/exec/obidos/external-search?tag=circlofmiamithem&keyword=mark+twain&mode=books' target='_new'> Mark Twain

Offline Anonymous

• View Profile
« Reply #56 on: October 08, 2005, 02:57:00 PM »
On 2005-10-08 11:00:00, tommyfromhyde1 wrote:

"

On 2005-10-07 20:46:00, Anonymous wrote:

"I bet even Jim Jones could have proved to the world his followers were benefiting from his teachings!!  This would be right before he talked them into drinking the kool aid!!"

He had the whole San Francisco city gov't (Moscone

Administration) convinced that he was "getting

people off drugs".

Jones also had his people working as campaign workers for Moscone favored candidates for free.

Gauld did the same thing in Maine in the '70s

Sacred cows make the best hamburger.  
http://www.amazon.com/exec/obidos/external-search?tag=circlofmiamithem&keyword=mark+twain&mode=books' target='_new'> Mark Twain

"

This is my exact point!  Hyde or any program will have it's followers and people who swear by their techniques!  As many people have pointed out, the techniques are all the same, just different versions.

Offline Anonymous

• View Profile
« Reply #57 on: October 10, 2005, 09:14:00 AM »
These schools/cults all seem to be the same.  Tell the parents, they are screwed up, tell the kids the parents screwed them up, force you to "tell all" in front of a group of strangers, ask for "donations", and give the kids a substandard education.  

When will the govt catch onto what is happening in these, "troubled teen" programs?

Offline Antigen

• View Profile
« Reply #58 on: October 10, 2005, 11:51:00 AM »
Tuesday, October 18
http://fornits.com/wwf/viewtopic.php?to ... m=8#139379

That's all marijuana is, after all. It's just a plant, a common and easily grown one at that. In many cultures, its consumption was lawful for millennia. And in all that time, the bond between thugs, mayhem, murder and marijuana that we see today did not exist.

http://www.mapinc.org/author/Dan+Gardner' target='_new'>Dan Gardner, CanWest News Service

Offline Anonymous

• View Profile
« Reply #59 on: October 10, 2005, 06:11:00 PM »
In my estimation, Hydefan is a staff member or owner at Hyde.  He "talks the talk" as they say at Hyde, and is more interested in being an actor on Law and Order than looking after the well being of our kids!  

Do what you do best HydeFan but I surely wouldn't want to go to a school that you run or have anything to do with.  Furthermore you SCARE ME!!