Author Topic: I was going to write Dear Greg, but even titles seem it be m  (Read 28693 times)

Offline Thom

• View Profile
I was going to write Dear Greg, but even titles seem it be m
« Reply #75 on: September 24, 2005, 02:31:00 AM »
On 2005-09-23 17:39:00, Antigen wrote:

"Thanks, Helen. I apreciate the vote of confidence. You mean it wasn't all just my imagination after all? LOL

Check out this gem:

http://www.isaccorp.org/khk/openmeeting1.jpg

Aside from a few gramatical improvements, this might have been written by Lybbi herself.

Here's the thing, though. I don't know if any of the rest of you know anything much about LIFE. What I know of it comes to me from having gone to school w/ a couple of LIFErs. Like the old/new (non NIDA funded) Seed, it seemed a little more laid back.

For example, 5th phase LIFEr girls were allowed to wear makeup and even to go on permissions w/ approved non LIFErs. I remember that from the Seed, too. My sister (cir `78 or so) had a good friend who wasn't a Seedling. Such a good friend, in fact, that she was willing to go down to SR 84 for an intrusive and just plain creepy checkout meeting in order for my sis to be allowed to associate w/ her. Straightlings were forbiden to even talk w/ LIFErs, but there was no such restriction on them. They thought it was weird.

But these are very minor differences. Like the difference between one location or timeframe and another. The similarities are just overwhelming. Especially when contrasted w/ what we like to call "the real world."

But some of these folks, my brother included, are still into the kool aid to a degree that they can't allow themselves to see that."
Did someone say Kool Aid!!!??? yummy! I can and do only address my experience at the Seed in Ft. Laud from '71-'76 or so. I don't doubt anyone elses experience, from a different time frame or program since I was not there. For me to do so, would just add to the rumors and speculation and broad assumptions I see made here. If you guys want truth, I don't see how any other tact could help you arrive there. If the goal is sensationalism and half truths and rumors, well then you are on the right track.
« Last Edit: December 31, 1969, 07:00:00 PM by Guest »

Offline John Underwood

• View Profile
« Reply #76 on: September 24, 2005, 09:55:00 AM »
Good morning Greg, how are you?
Newcomers picked out (with staff approval) what clothes they wanted to keep with them. The rest went home with mom & dad. This all took place before they left intake. Stealing of any kind would have resulted in either the front row or out the door. No one was above this.

Offline Anonymous

• View Profile
« Reply #77 on: September 24, 2005, 12:41:00 PM »
When - what dates are you referring to ?  Please be more specific.

Offline Anonymous

• View Profile
« Reply #78 on: September 24, 2005, 12:43:00 PM »
No one was above what???? Stealing???

Offline Robin Martin

• View Profile
« Reply #79 on: September 24, 2005, 01:44:00 PM »
On 2005-09-24 06:55:00, John Underwood wrote:

"Good morning Greg, how are you?

Newcomers picked out (with staff approval) what clothes they wanted to keep with them. The rest went home with mom & dad. This all took place before they left intake. Stealing of any kind would have resulted in either the front row or out the door. No one was above this. "

For the record...that's what happened upon my intake - consequently, my mom got rid of those clothes and the rest of my 'sleazy' wardrobe before I returned home. We went on a shopping spree and I got a whole new wardrobe, for a whole new me!
bid you peace!

Offline Robin Martin

• View Profile
« Reply #80 on: September 24, 2005, 02:03:00 PM »
On 2005-09-23 23:09:00, Anonymous wrote:

"

On 2005-09-23 22:21:00, GregFL wrote:

One more point..  Tom S.  Your story. I believe you heard it and believed it, but first lets clear up the "THC" thing. There was no such thing as street Thc, ever. However, early in the 70s animal tranquilizers (real pcp) was sold as THC, and then later some strange snortable concoctions were sold as THC...some of them contained PCP for sure, but they all looked different and they indeed were dangerous.I had one of the worse experiences of my life on the stuff.

Sorry, Greg - I've edited my reply!  Something in a previous post touched a hot spot and I was responding to that post...not what I've quoted you saying here. I was involved VERY DEEPLY in the scene but was very discerning in what ended up on the streets. Yes, PCP is an animal tranquilizer & THC is a hallucinogen - two totally different drugs w/ totally different effects. You were probably very lucky to have experienced "one of the worse experiences of my life" if this prevented you from continuing your abuse of that drug; others were not so fortunate.

bid you peace!

Offline Antigen

• View Profile
    • http://wwf.Fornits.com/
« Reply #81 on: September 24, 2005, 03:27:00 PM »
On 2005-09-23 23:09:00, Anonymous wrote:

BULLS***!! - you have NO IDEA what you're talking about, OK?  Don't be so naive - There were so many who manufactured and manipulated all the drugs on the street... take it from ME.  I KNOW what went down!  How dare you speak about something you know NOTHING about! Sorry to hear about your "Bad Trip" - get on board w/ the others... Nuf said! RM"

No, nowhere near enough said.

You were there? You know what got put into the punch bowl? You know what the girl's medical trouble was? And you know, to a dead certainty, that it was TCH w/ strychnine that killed that girl? How dare anyone question the word as it proceedeth from the mouth of.... hey, who originated the story, anyway? We still don't even know who's story we're fighing over; only that it was a Seed authorized story so it must be true, huh?

But.... it doesn't stand scrutiny at all, does it? Like most of the Seed mythology; like the gateway theory or that bit about "druggie attitudes" or the 95% success rate. I could go on and on.

Looks to me like just another case of Art the demagog appropriating someone's tragic story for use in promoting his cause. That is a monstrous thing to do. Do you understand that at all?

Men seldom, or rather never for a length of time, and deliberately, rebel against anything that does not deserve rebelling against.

--Thomas Carlyle

Straight, Sarasota
   10/80 - 10/82
Apostate 10/82 -
Anonymity Anonymous
"Don\'t let the past remind us of what we are not now."
~ Crosby Stills Nash & Young, Sweet Judy Blue Eyes

Offline Ft. Lauderdale

• View Profile
« Reply #82 on: September 24, 2005, 04:13:00 PM »
Have you tried naps.

Maybe even 15-30 min.s.  It could make all the difference in the world.

:grin:

Offline Antigen

• View Profile
« Reply #83 on: September 24, 2005, 04:27:00 PM »
No thanks. It took me awhile to finally figure it out. But I've learned never to close my eyes in the company of steppers. They'll rob ya blind then call you flawed, bitter and sick when you catch them at it.

Faith, as well intentioned as it may be, must be built on facts, not fiction- faith in fiction is a damnable false hope.
--Thomas Edison, American inventor

Straight, Sarasota
   10/80 - 10/82
Apostate 10/82 -
Anonymity Anonymous

Offline GregFL

• View Profile
« Reply #84 on: September 25, 2005, 12:33:00 AM »
Robin,  what is it that causes you to lash out like that? I am sure you didn't mean it..but why? .

Yes, I do know what I am talking about it is you, irrespective of how involved you were "in the scene" that is just off base in your reply. There was never any such thing as street THC,Never. THC is the pyschotropic substance found in marijuana and the extraction has never found its way onto the black market. The closest thing to "THC" to ever hit the street was some turkish hashish, and this was fairly rare.

Never happened Robin. Now, there were various substances sold as THC, but actual THC never hit the road as a street drug.

John, thanks for the reply. I believe that was the official version of what was supposed to happen to your clothes, but others just have reported different results.  Interesting.  Thanks again for coming back and participating.

Offline Thom

• View Profile
« Reply #85 on: September 25, 2005, 01:41:00 AM »
Greg,
I smoked a bit of that Turkish hashish in the 70's. If I had known it was so rare, I might have saved some...no, probably not. :lol:

Offline GregFL

• View Profile
« Reply #86 on: September 25, 2005, 05:42:00 AM »
Me either, didn't save not even a gram!

:grin:  :grin:

but serious, Hash was rare and is a way of refining Marijuana into a more THC laden product. That is the closest we ever got to street THC in the united states.

Offline Anonymous

• View Profile
« Reply #87 on: September 25, 2005, 01:31:00 PM »
I'm confused. I thought THC was marijuana, and I did not think marijuana was a psychotropic drug. I thought it was relatively mild.

Offline Antigen

• View Profile
« Reply #88 on: September 25, 2005, 01:50:00 PM »
THC is one of a couple of hundred canabanoid compounds in cannabis. Here's one good source for information, opinion, artwork and other material related to cannabis:

http://www.erowid.org/plants/cannabis/cannabis.shtml

And a question for all. Does anyone else think it's funny as hell that the alleged experts on all things substance abuse related don't know the first thing about it?

say what you will about the sweet miracle of unquestioning faith, I consider a capacity for it terrifying and absolutely vile.
--Kurt Vonnegut, American author

Offline Thom

• View Profile
« Reply #89 on: September 25, 2005, 02:07:00 PM »
And a question for all. Does anyone else think it's funny as hell that the alleged experts on all things substance abuse related don't know the first thing about it?

It may even turn out to be funnier than hell when all is said and done. Good thing the alleged experts have a place like this to come to get the information they need to be effective.