Author Topic: as*****  (Read 11744 times)

Offline Anonymous

• View Profile
as*****
« Reply #30 on: September 21, 2005, 07:12:00 PM »
ironically i'll still be posting this as "anon". marc, i dont get the whole "you are afraid thing" simply because one is posting as an "anon". personally i think you just like making these sort of statements. considering, i can make a username, post whatever i want, make another username continue a different series of posts after that and no one would be any the wiser. yes the admins can probably try to pull ip addresses but since i can manipulate that as well if had nothing better to do in my life i could push that as well. my point only being there is plenty of anonimity built into this automatically.
since i had never previously posted at this site previously and posted the other morning with some time presure i didnt really consider taking the time to make an account. the other evening i was just reading the threads and again not having much time wrote a very short post. so this makes three, and hopefulyl by my 4th i'll have a handle so i am no longer anonymus. even though i sorta still will be........

also i wonder why someone's who post as an "anon" post has no value????? if someone says somethign right arent they still right? if they are wrong and have a handle do they become right? is everyone's post who ever was an anon valueless? do they get retroactive value if they go get a handle?

and in case anyone had any mistaken impression of my thoughts and views i would not be considered a seed loyalist in any degree, but i am going to guess its been assumed i am. of course not being one doesnt make me anymore right or wrong then i was before.

i'm off for now but will return baptized so to speak in a few days.

and again for clarity, mine is the original post in this thread and the second post to greg differntiating me from the otehr poster (posters?)
« Last Edit: December 31, 1969, 07:00:00 PM by Guest »

Offline Antigen

• View Profile
    • http://wwf.Fornits.com/
as*****
« Reply #31 on: September 21, 2005, 07:48:00 PM »
On 2005-09-21 16:12:00, Anonymous wrote:

also i wonder why someone's who post as an "anon" post has no value?????

Because when you post anon, no one can tell if what you say today is consistant with what you said yesterday. There's still value in it, of course. But it's just sort of silly to try to carry on a conversation w/ a bunch of participants unless you can keep some sort of reliable track of who is saying what.

But this is far from demonstrating that the authorities must interpose to suppress these vices by commercial prohibitions, nor is it by any means evident that such intervention on the part of the government is really capable of suppressing them or that, even if this end could be attained, it might not therewith open up a Pandora's box of other dangers, no less mischievous than alcoholism and morphinism.
http://www.mises.org/liberal/ch1sec11.asp' target='_new'>Ludwig Von Mises

"Don\'t let the past remind us of what we are not now."
~ Crosby Stills Nash & Young, Sweet Judy Blue Eyes

Offline Anonymous

• View Profile
as*****
« Reply #32 on: September 21, 2005, 08:20:00 PM »
i would agree with that ginger. i just dont think that's what was being implied at the time.
promise. someday soon i will have an actual name. now i just need to pick soemthing...hmmmm.....

Offline Anonymous

• View Profile
as*****
« Reply #33 on: September 22, 2005, 07:47:00 AM »
how about fire man or butane lighter?

Offline Antigen

• View Profile
as*****
« Reply #34 on: September 22, 2005, 11:31:00 AM »
Sure, whatever. If you want, I can try and locate all your anon posts and assign them to your new username. Only if you want me to, though.

Human history becomes more and more a race between education and catastrophe
http://www.amazon.com/exec/obidos/ASIN/ ... miamithem' target='_new'>H. G. Wells

Offline John Underwood

• View Profile
as*****
« Reply #35 on: September 22, 2005, 12:19:00 PM »
Hi Marshall,

Sorry for the tardiness, ... there is life outside of Fornits, but as promised....

1. Of course some of the statements I?ve made here have been divisive. When having opinions that offend certain persons what else is to be expected. I?ve offered just as many statements that I believe any reasonable person would consider, at the very least, conciliatory. Though I certainly have not read ever single post, in making a cursory search of this site from the beginning, division and controversy existed long before me. By their own definition(s) they?ve created a perfect ?cult? right here. Those who resist their ?cult? will always be viewed as dividers. Thoroughly read the posts here and I believe you?ll find that every criticism leveled at The Seed, it?s staff, is the very essence of the logic, train of thought, that has been adopted here. As you?ve so astutely pointed out in many of your posts, there?s not much that is truly new or original, just made over to look like something else.

2. Program for life? If you mean that literally, of course that?s absurd, never should have been advocated. Even more than absurd, directly counter to the very purpose of the program, though I don't personally remember ever hearing that.

3. It was never Art?s business who someone married. I married a Seed grad a over year before leaving. It was certainly, at best, frowned upon (and unwanted) before the marriage, but to their credit, it was supported with sincerity after the fact.

4. Abortions? I missed that. (for the record - I am as adamantly pro-choice as a male can be)

5. While a person was still on the program we thought working at head shops, volunteering for NORMAL, that kind of thing, was probably a bad idea. Long term career - individual decision.

6. Gender bias - absurd, and hypocritical on Art's part, most senior staff were female. However, Art was the product of a generation where gender roles were determined by the contemporary society.

7. Art is for sissies? Now do you mean studying Art Barker, or aesthetics? I would consider both worthwhile endeavors, though the later would probably be more beneficial in the long term. Too bad more here don?t see that.

8. I?ve never seen anyplace, school, the workplace, The Seed Discussion Forum, et al, where inner circles, cliques don?t exist. Again, too bad, part of the condition human.

9. After I left? I did give my opinion about this in my first post. After that, I really just don?t know, (no firsthand info), and I?m certainly not going draw definitive conclusions based solely on information gathered here.

10. Lybbi? I can only speak for myself. I never let Lybbi tell me anything. In good conscience, a personal note is required here. Once upon a time, Lybbi and I were very good friends, we loved each other like brother and sister, better maybe. Art often referred to us this way. We fought often, and hard, but as siblings usually do, we forgave and made-up. About a year, maybe a year and a half before I left, the fighting continued, became progressively worse and more frequent, but the forgiving and making-up was no longer a component of our relationship. In retrospect, this was inevitable. The common ground we both once stood upon rapidly separated below our feet, leaving only the gulf. There was only one life jacket at The Seed, and neither of us particularly wanted to drown, so...

11. Lybbi speaking to you not me? Well, the above should answer part of that, but I do believe this: Though she might not acknowledge this or may not have ever framed it into a clear thought, for all I know, I believe Lybbi felt, to some degree, betrayed. I don?t believe that my leaving was as important to her as the departure of others, more significant than I. My departure was only of importance in that I was the last to go, save Lybbi herself. From Lybbi?s point of view this was perfectly justified, and if I was in her shoes, I probably would?ve felt the same.

12. Money up front? Yes, this was policy, no exceptions, $2500 when I left. Again, personally, a very major point of contention.
The simple truth is, I took kids into the program in Cleveland and Fort Lauderdale with no money up front (or anywhere else) from parents, and could not be trusted to discontinue this practice if Art, Shelly or Lybbi weren?t around. The most severe understatement to date from me - ?this did not go over well.?
I wouldn?t budge on this issue so despite continuing to be senior staff, needless to say, I was removed from Cleveland and the intake process, except in an advisory capacity re the kids themselves. A direct quote to the staff and Joan Bryant, by Lybbi, ?John is no longer allowed to take people on the program without me, Art or Shelly okaying it.? Obviously, there was a lot more actually said, but there is no reason to go into that here. This didn?t help my attitude, but it did not, one iota, lessen my loyalty to The Seed, just to these particular individuals.
I truly do understand how many here cannot make this distinction, but to me it was always crystal clear.

I gotta tell you, in writing this post, reflecting about things I haven?t given a thought to in 20+ years, I?ve come to realize, to his credit, Art did put up with a lot of shit from me.

Offline GregFL

• View Profile
as*****
« Reply #36 on: September 22, 2005, 12:24:00 PM »
On 2005-09-22 09:19:00, John Underwood wrote:

"Hi Marshall,

Sorry for the tardiness, ... there is life outside of Fornits, but as promised....

me. By their own definition(s) they?ve created a perfect ?cult? right here. Those who resist their ?cult? will always be viewed as dividers.

MAJOR BULLSHIT.  Not by any stretch of any definition is this website a "cult".

Either you are ignorant of what a cult is or are still trying to divide us further and/or try to belittle anyone who isn't "pro seed". Since you ran a cult for some 7 years, I can only assume it is the latter.

Offline Antigen

• View Profile
as*****
« Reply #37 on: September 22, 2005, 01:19:00 PM »
Yes it is, Greg. As we speak, the SIBSmobile is headed to John's location to put him back on front row in the new and improved, all ages Straight, Inc. By the Sea. v2.0 http://fornits.com/SIBS/

Intake staff will, of course, have to evaluate Mrs. Underwood and any offspring to determine which side of the open meeting room they'll be sitting on.
 :rofl:

Speak gently! 't is a little thing Dropp'd in the heart's deep well; The good, the joy, that it may bring Eternity shall tell.
-- G. W. Langford: Speak gently.

Offline Ft. Lauderdale

• View Profile
as*****
« Reply #38 on: September 22, 2005, 01:51:00 PM »
Talk about Crude and Rude.

Offline Antigen

• View Profile
as*****
« Reply #39 on: September 22, 2005, 01:56:00 PM »
Not half, by far, as rude and crude as some of the gross shit I remember under discussion in open meetings. I can only imagine how much more raw things must have been when you didn't have "guests" and newcomer families in the audience.

What a distressing contrast there is between the radiant intelligence of the child and the feeble mentality of the average adult.
-- Sigmund Freud

Offline Ft. Lauderdale

• View Profile
as*****
« Reply #40 on: September 22, 2005, 02:12:00 PM »
Now I really know that you have no idea of what you are talking about.  People never even swore at an open meeting.  That was even one of the rules.  

Now think really hard was that at "straight " or at the seed.  

Come on you can do it. Think really hard. :silly:

Offline Antigen

• View Profile
as*****
« Reply #41 on: September 22, 2005, 02:21:00 PM »
I don't give a flyin' run at a rollin' donut what you think.

There now. I didn't swear. But it's a pretty raw sentiment now, isn't it?

I remember girls (including my painfully shy sister) standing up w/ a mic, addressing a roomful of peers and strangers, describing themselves as sluts and whores and divulging all sorts of very private, ugly stuff.

BTW, the "no cussing in front of parents and executeive staff" policy was also carried over into Straight.

Preacher man don't tell me heaven is under the earth; you don't know what life is worth;.......If you know what life is worth, you will look for your's on earth.

--Bob Marley

Offline Ft. Lauderdale

• View Profile
as*****
« Reply #42 on: September 22, 2005, 02:25:00 PM »
We never had the "executive staff " part.

Offline Ft. Lauderdale

• View Profile
as*****
« Reply #43 on: September 22, 2005, 02:33:00 PM »
Hey, if girls "chicks" said that it was before April of'72.
because I definatly would have remembered that.

Offline Antigen

• View Profile
as*****
« Reply #44 on: September 22, 2005, 02:34:00 PM »
Yeah ya did. Art and Shelly, Mrs. P and the BOD were executive staff. You just didn't use that term.

Busy, curious, thirsty fly, Drink with me, and drink as I.
-- William Oldys (1696-1761): On a Fly drinking out of a Cup of Ale.