Author Topic: LSD A Beautiful Thing  (Read 9008 times)

Offline Anonymous

• View Profile
LSD A Beautiful Thing
« Reply #30 on: March 11, 2006, 07:41:00 PM »
[ This Message was edited by: Froderik on 2006-03-11 16:42 ]
« Last Edit: December 31, 1969, 07:00:00 PM by Guest »

Offline teachback

• View Profile
LSD A Beautiful Thing
« Reply #31 on: March 11, 2006, 07:43:00 PM »
Good idea- AND I can use it to cut the stuff that I sell to people!  :idea:

Offline Goodtobefree

• View Profile
LSD A Beautiful Thing
« Reply #32 on: March 11, 2006, 07:52:00 PM »
Make sure to sell it to little kids and tell them that it's a scratch and sniff sticker.
cademy at Swift River 2001-2002, Peer Group 17
Freedom is the most precious thing we have.  Those who would take it from their fellow man deserve not mercy or compassion, only pain and suffering.

Offline webcrawler

• View Profile
LSD A Beautiful Thing
« Reply #33 on: March 11, 2006, 08:51:00 PM »
On 2006-03-11 14:28:00, Goodtobefree wrote:

"I've done a lot of drugs since getting out of ASR.  I never really did any before I went in, so you can imagine how curious I was after living with a bunch of kids who had tried everything under the sun.  Slowly but surely I made my way through the wide variety of drugs available, trying everything once or twice, but never really favoring one drug over another.  This all changed when I started to experiment with psychedelics.  Thanks to my experiences with various hallucinogens I've been able to broaden my horizons, reawaken my love of nature, philosophy, and science, learn to appreciate art and music that I never would have given a chance, and most importantly, I was able to look at the world with a sense of childlike wonder that I never even had as a child.

I've seen a lot of people have bad experiences with hallucinogens, but my own experiences have all been positive.  I believe that a lot of this has to do with the way individuals approach a drug.  First and foremost, anything that has the potential to reshape your world view needs to approached with caution.  Experimenting with hallucinogens is a little like playing with fire.  If you use fire under controlled settings with a purpose in mind, it can be a miraculous tool.  But if you're too young or too naive to appreciate its potential for harm, it can kill you.

Most of the people I know whose experiences with LSD were on the negative end of the spectrum were those that experimented with it at a young age, without any supervision or guidance, and the drug overwhelmed them.  Most of the people whose experiences were more like mine were those who waited until they were older (my first trip was at  19), and started out slow with an experienced friend to babysit them.

By no means am I trying to claim that I'm an expert on the subject, but in my own experience, LSD and other psychedelics have enormous potential when handled with caution and respect."

Yeah, I would add it's not a good thing to use for someone that is uptight either.
am looking for people who survived Straight in Plymouth, Michigan. I miss a lot of people there and wonder what happened and would like to stay in touch.

Offline Goodtobefree

• View Profile
LSD A Beautiful Thing
« Reply #34 on: March 12, 2006, 05:41:00 PM »
I'd never recommend it for an uptight person, or someone with a very black and white worldview.  But every once in a while, one of those people who you'd never think would be able to handle it, has an absolutely mindblowing experience and it really loosens them up.  The odds are not good for that sort of thing, but I've always been facinated by the idea of LSD "colorizing" someone's black and white perspective.
Freedom is the most precious thing we have.  Those who would take it from their fellow man deserve not mercy or compassion, only pain and suffering.

Offline Anonymous

• View Profile
LSD A Beautiful Thing
« Reply #35 on: March 12, 2006, 06:08:00 PM »
On 2005-09-22 17:03:00, OverLordd wrote:

"If LSD is used, and I dont recomend it is by any means. I really dont like/do drugs, it must be used carefully. A friend of mine has long term brain damage from it. I would hate to see that happen to one of you guys."

Shuttup, LSD doesnt cause brain damage

Offline Anonymous

• View Profile
LSD A Beautiful Thing
« Reply #36 on: March 13, 2006, 01:14:00 AM »
LSD at 12 years old. Fucking "A" perspective for a sixth grader. Hadn't even tried pot yet. Really dug those trips though.Don't need it anymore. It's for kids.

Offline groovy1634

• View Profile
LSD A Beautiful Thing
« Reply #37 on: March 13, 2006, 03:10:00 AM »
On 2006-03-12 22:14:00, Anonymous wrote:

"LSD at 12 years old. Fucking "A" perspective for a sixth grader. Hadn't even tried pot yet. Really dug those trips though.Don't need it anymore. It's for kids."

i hear ya

i loved tripping on lsd in my teens and early twenties, but i don't care if i ever do it again or not

damn, 12?  don't know if i could have handled it then

:wave:
EOW  

Offline groovy1634

• View Profile
LSD A Beautiful Thing
« Reply #38 on: March 13, 2006, 03:11:00 AM »
On 2006-03-12 15:08:00, Anonymous wrote:

"

On 2005-09-22 17:03:00, OverLordd wrote:

"If LSD is used, and I dont recomend it is by any means. I really dont like/do drugs, it must be used carefully. A friend of mine has long term brain damage from it. I would hate to see that happen to one of you guys."

Shuttup, LSD doesnt cause brain damage"

.i agree
EOW  

Offline Goodtobefree

• View Profile
LSD A Beautiful Thing
« Reply #39 on: March 15, 2006, 02:56:00 AM »
First off, in theory we're all talking about the drug known as 9,10-Didehydro-N,N-diethyl-6-methylergoline-8�-carboxamide , commonly referred to as LSD, D-Lysergic Acid Diethylamide, Acid, etc.  I mention this because whenever we're dealing with illicit substances, it's important to remember that unless you have a proven scientific method of identifying the substance, you really can't be sure.

I don't think I'd be wrong in assuming that a majority of those that have used LSD repeatedly have probably used other drugs as well.  Was LSD the only drug this person had ever done?  Can you verify that the substance in question was actually LSD?  (The word of a drug dealer doesn't count, and personal testimony based on taking a sample from the same batch isn't concrete proof, since there are a variety of hallucinogenic drugs with similar effects.  From personal experience with a variety of hallucinogens, I will attest that it is not possible to identify psychelic substances by taking them.  LSD is an incredibly complex and unstable molecule.  It's very difficult to produce, high in demand, and there's a handful of related drugs with virtually indistinguishable effects.  I challenge anyone to take an unknown hallucinogen and tell me they know for a fact whether it's LSD, 2C-I, 2C-T-7, LSA, ALD-52, or any number of other drugs.  They all exhibit similar effects in varying proportions, with less consistency than other types of drugs.  The same dose from the same batch of the same drug can produce a wide range of experiences depending on things like setting, emotional state, physical condition, etc.  2 hits of acid might feel great if you're going to sit out in the sun and watch the clouds, but the experience won't even be recognizable if you swallow em right when the cops pull you over.  So once again, can you verify that it was indeed the drug in question that caused your friend's brain damage?  If so, what's the dosage?  How many times?  How much time in between uses?  There's a lot of variables to consider.

What about family history of neurological disorders?  What about physical injuries?  What about psychological trauma?  We're talking about an entire lifetime full of potentially brain damaging incidents.  How can you blame brain damage on LSD when there's a bunch of other possible causes, and no proven method for ruling all of them out?  Not to mention that even when we understand the way drugs interact with the brain, there's not nearly as much information on combinations of drugs, cumulative effects of regular use of different substances, by people of different ages or genders, etc.  There's so many variables to consider before pointing to LSD as the direct cause of brain damage, neurological disorders, etc.

I'm not saying LSD is without risk, or that I know for a fact that it can't cause brain damage.  But so far, I've yet to see any proof that use of LSD causes brain damage.  And even if it hypothetically could cause brain damage, there's still the question of circumstances.  Even if LSD has the potential to cause brain damage, does that mean everyone who tries it is at risk?  How much or how often before damage occurs?  Does it only happen to people with certain pre-existing conditions?

Any responses?  Does anyone know of documented cases of brain damage where all the aforementioned possibilities have been ruled out, and the cause has been identified beyond a reasonable doubt as LSD?

Offline Froderik

• View Profile
LSD A Beautiful Thing
« Reply #40 on: March 15, 2006, 10:04:00 AM »
I'm not saying LSD is without risk, or that I know for a fact that it can't cause brain damage. But so far, I've yet to see any proof that use of LSD causes brain damage. And even if it hypothetically could cause brain damage, there's still the question of circumstances. Even if LSD has the potential to cause brain damage, does that mean everyone who tries it is at risk? How much or how often before damage occurs? Does it only happen to people with certain pre-existing conditions?

Well ~your brain seems to be doing ok... yeah, I don't buy the dain bramage thing at all. :smile:

Offline Anonymous

• View Profile
LSD A Beautiful Thing
« Reply #41 on: March 16, 2006, 10:10:00 AM »
On 2006-03-15 07:04:00, Froderik wrote:

"
I'm not saying LSD is without risk, or that I know for a fact that it can't cause brain damage. But so far, I've yet to see any proof that use of LSD causes brain damage. And even if it hypothetically could cause brain damage, there's still the question of circumstances. Even if LSD has the potential to cause brain damage, does that mean everyone who tries it is at risk? How much or how often before damage occurs? Does it only happen to people with certain pre-existing conditions?

I don't buy the dain bramage thing at all. :smile:"

Not at all.  Psychosis, maybe, in individuals who are latently psychotic, but "brain damage", no.  

As for the earlier statement rearding the differences between LSD and ather psychedelic chemicals, I disagree, at least in the case of ALD-52, which at higher doses has been found to have a paranoia-inducing quality that LSD does not.  I do agree with the auhor's assertion that in general, you really can't tell what you are getting on the black market, which is why I prefer naturally-occuring psychoactives when I wish to go that route.

Offline Goodtobefree

• View Profile
LSD A Beautiful Thing
« Reply #42 on: March 16, 2006, 08:48:00 PM »
That's why I like blotter paper.  The chances of getting something other than LSD are slimmer, since the number of substances that are active at a dose that fits on a tiny piece of paper is quite small.  If it's not the real thing, it's more likely to be harmless paper than another drug.  LSD is active at very very low levels.  You can feel strong effects from 100 micrograms or less.  The other reason you're more likely to get nothing rather than another drug, is that of all the substances you possibly could fit on the paper that would have any discernable effect, very few are anything at all like LSD, or nearly as practical to mass produce.  (Not that LSD is easy to make, by any stretch of the imagination, but it's high demand has made it's more lucrative to make and sell the real deal than it is to make and sell fake shit.  You won't sell much acid if everybody who tries your stuff hates it and knows that it's something else.  If I want you to take multiple milligrams of a substance, I want you to put it in something else, a pill, for example.   But at least these days there are cheap and easy verification tests available at head shops and on the internet.  Put a drop on your pill, see what color it changes, look at the color chart, and you know what you've got, or at least you know what you DON'T have.  I've yet to hear of anything like this for verifying the presence of LSD, but considering what I've said above about blotter paper and risk, I'll go with the only test I know.  And I suppose it deserves a better name, but "The Acid Test" is just so damn fun to say.

Offline Froderik

• View Profile
LSD A Beautiful Thing
« Reply #43 on: March 16, 2006, 11:26:00 PM »
If I want you to take multiple milligrams of a substance, I want you to put it in something else, a pill, for example.

You no doubt wrote "you need" and not "I want you" in the above sentence. This anomaly was implemented by the admin for reasons that don't necessarily concern us at the moment.

Offline Goodtobefree

• View Profile
LSD A Beautiful Thing
« Reply #44 on: March 19, 2006, 04:37:00 AM »
I can dig it.