Author Topic: Why do these schools have students call when they put a chil  (Read 1678 times)

Offline P.E.N.1

• View Profile
Why do these schools have students call when they put a chil
« on: September 18, 2005, 03:13:00 AM »
In the corner or Famiy Blackout?? Why do I have to hear this from another student who says they know nothing else but that my teen is on Family blackout. Why???????
« Last Edit: December 31, 1969, 07:00:00 PM by Guest »
People who live by the sword, get shot by people who don\'t. The second ammendment isn\'t about duck hunting!\"

Offline bandit1978

• View Profile
« Reply #1 on: September 18, 2005, 03:30:00 AM »
Is it possible that this facility is aware that you have been posting on this site?
egan Flynn
RN
Survivor- Provo Canyon School

Offline Troll Control

• View Profile
« Reply #2 on: September 18, 2005, 08:52:00 AM »
On 2005-09-18 00:13:00, P.E.N.1 wrote:

"In the corner or Famiy Blackout?? Why do I have to hear this from another student who says they know nothing else but that my teen is on Family blackout. Why???????"

Because you are dealing with unethical, uneducated, unlicensed, unqualified people.  

This is certainly unethical, possibly illegal.  How in the world does another kid get involved in the administration of your kid's "therapy"?
The Linchpin Link

Whooter - The Most Prolific Troll Fornits Has Ever Seen - The Definitive Links
**********************************************************************************************************
"Looks like a nasty aspentrolius sticci whooterensis infestation you got there, Ms. Fornits.  I\'ll get right to work."

- Troll Control

Offline Anonymous

• View Profile
« Reply #3 on: September 18, 2005, 09:00:00 AM »
Penni You seem to have taken over this board with all your ??????'s. You need to get a mind of your own.

Offline Anonymous

• View Profile
« Reply #4 on: September 18, 2005, 11:04:00 AM »
I am confused. Are you saying that a student at the school called you and told you your child was on family blackout? Or did you call the school?

And yes it is quite possible that the school knows you post on this site.

Offline P.E.N.1

• View Profile
« Reply #5 on: September 18, 2005, 01:03:00 PM »
On 2005-09-18 06:00:00, Anonymous wrote:

"Penni You seem to have taken over this board with all your ??????'s. You need to get a mind of your own."

First off, if my questions bother you than don't read them, are there not other subject topics you can go to? (another question, that you should be asking yourself) Second, I don't have all day to sit and use the computer, I have a very busy life, unfortunately I cannot browse as often as  I would like to find out about other places as this. I also am going through one of the most difficult things to deal with having my son so far away from me. If there is a site that would let me vent a little about these things I would not have to ask a question to get support from others. If you have any SUGESTIONS than please tell me, if not than don't comment back. I believe if I didn't have a mind of my own I would never have the brains enough to create a question, actually I would probly just go along with everything that the school told me. Come to think of it, it really bothers them when I ask questions too.BY the way you get a mind of your own and create a user name and password, or would that be to hard for you?
People who live by the sword, get shot by people who don\'t. The second ammendment isn\'t about duck hunting!\"

Offline P.E.N.1

• View Profile
« Reply #6 on: September 18, 2005, 02:49:00 PM »
This isn't the first time that this has happend, if my kid is not able to make the 5 minute phone call that week because of being in the corner or family blackout, a student calls and says "Hi this is ---- and Im calling to tell you that -----won't be able to talk this week because ----is in the corner" It's NEVER a staff member who calls, and yes students are involved with the therapy, actually they are only allowed to have therapy with students, because...well..."kids lie" as they say. I really don't care if the school reads these, I hope they do because they know as well as I that my kid shouldn't be there. But they are in for the mighty dollar sign $$$$$$$$$$Im sure any kid would straighten there act if you paid Them 5 grand a month! Also, I want others to know about this Family Foundation School, in case they are wondering about sending someone there. I agree that there are worse programs out there but this is comparable. Yes they are licensed, unfortunately.

Offline OverLordd

• View Profile
« Reply #7 on: September 18, 2005, 09:35:00 PM »
Maybe you should have demanded an councilor, or an adult in some form. Or maybe told the kid what kind of person he was for helping continue the cycle of evil... I my self would have been to speechless that a kid called me.
our walking down a hallway, you turn left, you turn right. BRICK WALL!

GAH!!!!

Yeah, hes a survivor.

Offline Antigen

• View Profile
    • http://wwf.Fornits.com/
« Reply #8 on: September 18, 2005, 09:42:00 PM »
Waygookin, the Family School sounds line something more in the line of the Seed and Straight. Same kind of things done there. Clients were directly responsible for other clients away from the building in the host homes or foster homes. Clients reported, secretly or openly in group raps, intimate details and suspicions on other clients. Most of the staff were recent graduates, some of them as young as 15.

There's just no more trustworthy, hard-working, compliant, responsible, honest, insightful, alert employee anywhere than a completely brainwashed teenager.

If people let government decide what foods they eat and what medicines they take, their bodies will soon be in as sorry a state as are the souls of those who live under tyranny.
http://lfb.com/?stocknumber=FF7485&code=10247' target='_new'>Thomas Jefferson

"Don\'t let the past remind us of what we are not now."
~ Crosby Stills Nash & Young, Sweet Judy Blue Eyes

Offline cherish wisdom

• View Profile
« Reply #9 on: September 18, 2005, 11:59:00 PM »
You really need to get more control of the situation. I don't know if you have custody of your son or not. If you have any type of custody then you need to exercise it. You really need to let the facility know that you want to be a part of your son's treatment - which means you want to be able to talk to him as often as you wish (within reason) and to visit as often as you like. Any program that does not involve the parent in the process is a big red flag - they just want your money type of program.
You really need to get him out of there as quickly as you can. I'd suggest you go there and request AMA papers and realease him against medical advice if need be.
It sounds as though he is in a very abusive program - particularly since they are not allowing any communication with parents and using other patients (children) in the therapy. I'd suggest calling child protective services and asking them to place him in protective custody. If he needs treatment - find a place that allows and encourages parental involvemnent, daily phone contact and visitation. This is your child and you really need to get a handle on the situation. If you don't have custody get an order to show cause and reagain it in a court of law. Best Wishes.

History does not record anywhere or at any time a religion that has any rational basis. Religion is a crutch for people not strong enough to stand up to the unkonwn without help. But, like dandruff, most people do have a religion and spend time and money on it and seem to derive considerable pleasure from fiddling with it.
--Robert A. Heinlen, American science-ficiton author

If you lack wisdom ask of God and it shall be given to you.\"