Author Topic: GOOD RIDDANCE!!!!!  (Read 935 times)

Offline Anonymous

• View Profile
GOOD RIDDANCE!!!!!
« on: September 15, 2005, 08:33:00 PM »
Take your Stepcraft-practicing self on outta here!!

If you practice Stepcraft, you are still Straight's puppet.

The walls of Straight were made of bricks from Bill W.'s kiln.

Get high and burn your copy of the Big Book.

Relapse, Motherfucker!!!!

RT(stoned right now)P2Kfucking3
« Last Edit: December 31, 1969, 07:00:00 PM by Guest »

Offline Anonymous

• View Profile
GOOD RIDDANCE!!!!!
« Reply #1 on: September 15, 2005, 11:06:00 PM »
dude man, try a different strain of weed.  :smokin:

Offline the wet noodle

• View Profile
GOOD RIDDANCE!!!!!
« Reply #2 on: September 16, 2005, 10:34:00 AM »
I on the other hand will just put the steps in my bowl and smoke them
:smokin:  :silly:
our Anger is a Gift

Offline Anonymous

• View Profile
GOOD RIDDANCE!!!!!
« Reply #3 on: September 16, 2005, 10:40:00 AM »
i got something better to put in your bowl there.

Offline Anonymous

• View Profile
GOOD RIDDANCE!!!!!
« Reply #4 on: September 16, 2005, 11:20:00 AM »
like some cereal? what kind? raspberry granola? mmmmm...

Offline Sophie

• View Profile
GOOD RIDDANCE!!!!!
« Reply #5 on: September 16, 2005, 07:28:00 PM »
See this is weird to me.

First of all.. Straight definately did not teach me to work the steps.  If you think straight taught you to work the steps..you have not actually worked them.

Secondly...it seems this has turned into a weird pro drug, anti drug debate...similar to the pro life pro choice one.  I am pro choice but do not agree personally with abortion.  I believe people should be able to choose for themselves. Which is a belief system often mistakenly referred to as pro abortion.

I also happen to have chosen a lifestyle that does not include drugs..which in this forum makes me anti-drug...When in fact I believe people should be able to choose whether or not to use based on their personal choice, not because the government hasn't figured out how to make money off of it yet.

So.. why does it make people so uptight about me not getting high and choosing a model to live by that actually makes me happy?  It seems threatening or something?  I don't get it.

Offline Antigen

• View Profile
    • http://wwf.Fornits.com/
GOOD RIDDANCE!!!!!
« Reply #6 on: September 16, 2005, 09:03:00 PM »
Sophie, I am absolutely with you on the thing about choice. I have a lot of very strong opinions about what people should and shouldn't do in order to live well and be good people. But I'm disgusted by the suggestion that anybody's opinions about such things should be made law.

On 2005-09-16 16:28:00, Sophie wrote:

So.. why does it make people so uptight about me not getting high and choosing a model to live by that actually makes me happy? It seems threatening or something? I don't get it.

It's not at all threatening that you don't drink. Why, if every stepper in the world fell off the waggon tonight, the prices would go up and there would be less beer for me. That would make me sad.  :sad:

However, it is rather annoying that ya' just can't have a hearty intellectual discussion about  stepcraft in any public venue w/o either squashing dissent (which I won't do) or being accused of trying to kill junkies and drunks. Fact is, I love junkies and drunks and would never dream of doing anything to hurt them.

But that's it. It only rises to the level of annoyance in this kind of venue. In the public arena, it's a real problem. I just wish the formal XA organizations would come out w/ an open letter stating their position on drug policy. Most avowed steppers I know agree that prohibition sucks, though too many think that coerced treatment would solve that problem. If they'd state it, then we could debate it. But, of course, that would blow their cover as an apolitical organization.

Of course they're not. They're no more apolitical than the Southern Baptist Convention is.

So that will never happen. That makes me sad too.

The fatal pedagogical error is to throw answers, like stones, at the heads of those who have not yet asked the questions.

http://www.google.com/search?hl=en&ie=ISO-8859-1&q=%22Paul+Tillich%22&btnG=Google+Search' target='_new'>Paul Tillich

"Don\'t let the past remind us of what we are not now."
~ Crosby Stills Nash & Young, Sweet Judy Blue Eyes