Author Topic: BOSTON/STOUGHTON  (Read 5404 times)

Offline kaydeejaded

• View Profile
BOSTON/STOUGHTON
« on: December 01, 2001, 04:44:26 AM »
[ This Message was edited by: kaydeejaded on 2005-05-10 05:46 ]
« Last Edit: December 31, 1969, 07:00:00 PM by Guest »
or those who understand, no explanation is necessary; for those who don\'t, none will do

Offline Antigen

• View Profile
    • http://wwf.Fornits.com/
BOSTON/STOUGHTON
« Reply #1 on: December 01, 2001, 09:47:29 PM »
Boston
I think I have some email addresses of Boston people. Don't recall which years. I'll just ping them and let them know you're posting.

Welcome

"Don\'t let the past remind us of what we are not now."
~ Crosby Stills Nash & Young, Sweet Judy Blue Eyes

Offline mimi

• View Profile
BOSTON/STOUGHTON
« Reply #2 on: December 01, 2001, 03:45:44 PM »
straight
Hi,

I was in the stoughton straight 1987-1988. I did not think that it was still up and running in 1991. I thought the state had caught on sooner than they did. All I can say is thank god they finally shut them down. Well I was there for almost a year when I finally had a sucsessfull

escape. Although I did get caught I never went back :-)

also I'd love to get in touch with former inmates and see how they are. The only good thing that I got out of that place was my best friend. It's nice to have someone who knows and understands all the crap that went on there.other people just can't imagine it.

Offline Leslie111

• View Profile
BOSTON/STOUGHTON
« Reply #3 on: December 01, 2001, 01:26:09 PM »
Re: straight
Hey guys, my name is leigh, although in straight they called me by my birth name (leslie) as my nickname was my "druggie name" I was in straight in Boston from 1988-1990. I misbehaved and ran away alot. I explained to my father(who still thinks straight was a great learning experience) the reasons I misbehaved. I likened it to be in prison.... There are some inmates that go along with the "program" there are others that refuse to bend over. That analogy works for me....

I'm still in contact with a couple people from straight. I too have kept a couple close friendships from the institution. I didn't catch your names, but if you guys want to talk or swap info, my e-mail address is [email protected]

I would love to hear from you!

Leigh

Offline sullyceltic

• View Profile
    • http://www.nba.com/celtics
BOSTON/STOUGHTON
« Reply #4 on: December 01, 2001, 02:41:21 PM »
straight stoughton
wow, interesting to hear from you leslie, i mean leigh.

i'm rich it has been a long time. are you still living in new england? i live a little east of alabama now.

quite a different world. i'm on the road now, but will email you some time soon.

sully

Edited by: sullyceltic at: 12/11/01 5:31:24 pm

Offline kaydeejaded

• View Profile
BOSTON/STOUGHTON
« Reply #5 on: December 01, 2001, 07:12:36 AM »
[ This Message was edited by: kaydeejaded on 2005-05-10 05:45 ]
or those who understand, no explanation is necessary; for those who don\'t, none will do

Offline Leslie Albano

• View Profile
BOSTON/STOUGHTON
« Reply #6 on: December 01, 2001, 01:40:45 PM »
Straight/Boston
I remember Kit, and Obie. Kit was a good friend of mine and we did hang for a bit after the program. She has gone her own way though and we've lost touch.  I'm in Vermont now, moved out of Mass. a few years ago. Doing much better. I did a lot more after Straight, as well. I'm now doing some research on the program and other related subjects for a paper at school. That's how I tapped into this place. (it's pretty sweet,) good idea.

Keep it going, guys... It's good to hear from all of you!

Leigh

Offline pbarr86

• View Profile
BOSTON/STOUGHTON
« Reply #7 on: December 01, 2001, 06:23:19 PM »
Straight Stoughton
Can't believe I found this place, not sure what made me look into this today after all these years but what the hell.  I was in from Saturday December 20, 1986 (thanks to my court appointed attorney) until August 1988.  I took off once and got dragged back by about 12 parents.  I try not to think about that place too much but had a little reminder a couple of months ago when my girlfriend's son had a football game in Stoughton and I drove right by the place (kinda freaky.)  I haven't kept in touch with anyone, didn't care too.  I'm still clean (it'll be 15 years on the 20th) not really sure I can give a great big thanks to Straight though.  Not gonna sit here and bash the place either, it's not really worth it.  Sure they screwed with my head but what the hell, so did I.   Anyone have a copy of the National Geographic from January 1989 (remember we are in it?) or a copy of our spot on the Evening Magazine television show?  OK, enough of my blast from the past.

Take care,

Paul

Offline sullyceltic

• View Profile
BOSTON/STOUGHTON
« Reply #8 on: December 01, 2001, 08:24:21 PM »
stoughton
hey paul, great to start to hear from a few straight new england people. if you are who i think you are, you had a brother in the program, right???

my name is rich, and i came in december 20, 1987. like you, i got that straight christmas present too.

anyway, i have a copy of the national geographic magazine! i was there then. i remember evening magazine show too.

do you remember aaron apgar? i found his obituary a few months ago online. he had a whole bunch of self-made tattoos and in group they'd make him wear long sleeve shirts...

the last time i was in boston, i actually drove down to the building. it's some roofing company now. i swear i could feel the ghosts around me in the parking lot while i was there.

glad to know that you are well. and hope to hear from you soon.

-rich

[email protected]

Offline sullyceltic

• View Profile
BOSTON/STOUGHTON
« Reply #9 on: December 01, 2001, 08:34:46 PM »
FYI on the edit..
just to let everyone know, i editted out my last name in my response on this thread.

thanks, rich

"as I slooshied, i knew such lovely pictures"

-Alexander deLarge

A Clockwork Orange

Offline pbarr86

• View Profile
BOSTON/STOUGHTON
« Reply #10 on: December 01, 2001, 12:25:25 PM »
Stoughton
Hey Rich,

Yup, my little bro got admitted but only for a short time.  He wasn't as messed up as I, they just wanted to scare him a bit.  You said you came in December of 1987 (I wish)  I really was actually there from December 1986 to August 1988 (BASTARDS)  I think the only reason they let me "graduate" is because I was gonna turn 18 in September and they knew I was gonna walk.  I took off that one time and that pushed me back for ever.  That was one hell of a Christmas present, I'm not even sure what town I was in on Christmas that year.

I remember Aaron, I don't think I ever stayed with him anywhere.  That's a pretty crappy thing.

I think I remember you, did you go to work for a fence company or something while you were there?  It's hard to remember everyone, I felt like I was there for so damn long and was with so many people.

I don't have a copy of the National Geographic I should go pick one up.  Was I correct in saying it was the January 1989 issue?  I had/have a copy of the television show I'm not sure where the tape is maybe I'll have to dig it out.  I wasn't actually on the show because you had to be 18 or have a release signed.  So I was on the other side of the divider with many other kids during the filming.

This is very weird talking about, I don't usually talk about those days with anyone.

Ok, gotta run I'll check the posts again later

Paul

Offline sullyceltic

• View Profile
BOSTON/STOUGHTON
« Reply #11 on: December 01, 2001, 12:25:25 PM »
stoughton
yeah, paul. it's strange to think about all of this stuff after all of this time.

anyway, i'm headed up to boston next week. will be nice to get back and watch the celtics. i'm going to the game on the 23rd against memphis. the celtics should have 15 or 16 wins, not the 13 they have right now.

but second place in the atlantic division is not a bad place to be, even if it is only mid december.

talk to you soon, and go celtics!

Offline Anonymous

• View Profile
BOSTON/STOUGHTON
« Reply #12 on: January 17, 2002, 04:00:00 AM »
Hello fellow ex-straightlings,

I was held captive on Evans road from July '86 to October '87, and I remember you Paul. I don't really care about being anonymous (I just couldn't be bothered to login, etc.), so I'll reveal my full name: Greg Partch.  I was the deeply dislikable pseudo intellectual kid with brown hair who was always on setback for one absurd reason or another (11 in all--who here can beat that record?).  I remember you as a quiet kid with a bowl cut and poor circulation in his hands.  I don't think you were ever one of my newcomers (were you?), but I remember you nonetheless.

I still keep in touch with Ed Grossman (whom many of you later straightlings probably remember as senior Staff member Ed Grossman).  He works for an internet company now, and regrets the total waste of time Straight turned out to be.  We don't talk about Evans Road very much but the other night we had diner together and took a trip down memory lane and all the horror of that place--the doorless bathroom stalls, the cinder-block walls, the belt-loop hold (thumb through the actual belt loop, and then insert whole hand into waistband)--all that hideous nonsense came back to life. We were wracking our brains trying to recall the term "dishonesties."  Dishonesties, if you remember, were the little pangs of conscience that shot through you every time  you sat down in group for "review".  God what a hellhole that place was!

Anyway, my biggest dishonesty was that I never really believed in the program.  I tried and tried to use the group as my higher power, but some weird, persistent  crumb of dignity (the only one I had left) never allowed me to buy into it.  I used to have the worst nightmares about that place, and I eventually had to go to therapy, partially as a result of having endured all that bullshit.

Anyway, in case anyone is wondering, I now live in Brooklyn, with my wife and cat, and am a struggling and starving artist. And I say, go Knicks, despite the fact that the Celtics just creamed them for the third time this season.

Love ya, Group

Offline Bobbykay

• View Profile
BOSTON/STOUGHTON
« Reply #13 on: March 11, 2002, 09:35:00 PM »
First I went to VA then came to Boston in Jan of 1986. Left a few time then got my act togeather. I have been sober for 15 years now. It is nice to see some of the old names.

[ This Message was edited by: Bobbykay on 2002-03-11 18:36 ]

Offline ladyjerrico

• View Profile
BOSTON/STOUGHTON
« Reply #14 on: March 12, 2002, 04:41:00 PM »
I believe with some of us that would be the only good thing that might have come out of this whole ordeal.
Most of us were so afraid that we would be yelled at for something that we didn't use for the rest of our lives .. but I consider it a good thing, aside from abuse, the rest of my life will have some stablity to it.

12 years clean
usan Minns