Author Topic: What was it like to be there as the placed closed ??  (Read 2275 times)

Offline starry-eyed pirate

• View Profile
What was it like to be there as the placed closed ??
« on: September 09, 2005, 08:31:00 PM »
As i endured the torment that was Str8 inc i often fantasized that the program would be shut down.  It occurs to me now that some of you might have experienced this; my fantasy as a reality.  i know that the Springfield program moved first to Columbia,MD for a year or so before it got shut down.  So i am wonderin' how it felt to see the decline and fall of the beast ??  Did enrollment slack off ??  Were phasers transferred to other Str8s ??  Was the group harder to control ??  Did the rules become harder to enforce ??  What was the vibe in the air ??
« Last Edit: December 31, 1969, 07:00:00 PM by Guest »
If you would have justice in this world, then begin to see that a human being is not a means to some end.  People are not commodities.  When human beings are just to one another government becomes obsolete and real freedom is born; SPIRITUAL ANARCHY.

Offline Sophie

• View Profile
« Reply #1 on: September 09, 2005, 11:15:00 PM »
I visited the columbia program.  There were about 40 kids there.. my group had like, 250.  It was small and weird..er..weirder .

Offline Gah

• View Profile
« Reply #2 on: September 09, 2005, 11:21:00 PM »
We had kids come from Seattle Washington. I wasnt there when it happened. I was there after.

Offline Dr. Miller Newton

• View Profile
« Reply #3 on: September 10, 2005, 09:32:00 AM »
..was one of the most disheartening things that any of you could ever imagine. Almost like losing a loved one. :cry:
Teenage Drug Use Is A Disease

Offline Dr. Fucktard

• View Profile
    • http://srt8homo
« Reply #4 on: September 10, 2005, 09:51:00 AM »
I was truly touched when one branch of Straight, Inc. closed, and the clients rioted, demanding to be taken to KIDS of North Jersey.  It was truly heartwarming.  Bittersweet, I must say, but truly moving, the desire to get straight that those druggies felt......
eenage Drug Use Is A Disease

Offline Carmel

• View Profile
« Reply #5 on: September 10, 2005, 12:28:00 PM »
I was there when California shut down and they trucked all the kids to Dallas.  It was horrendous.  It was the beginning of the end I think...things went to hell in a handbasket after that.

Mostly because the cultures were so different, and staff wasnt prepared to handle the clash in what was acceptable.  For instance, there might be some rule that we followed religiously, and the Cali kids didnt....so we were often left thinking that because they didnt follow the same rule, they were FOS and needed to be reported and were on their way to drugs death or jail, of course.
...hands went up and people hit the floor, he wasted two kids that ran for the door....."
-Beastie Boys, Paul Revere

dragonfly

« Reply #6 on: September 10, 2005, 12:31:00 PM »

Offline Carmel

• View Profile
« Reply #7 on: September 10, 2005, 05:48:00 PM »
On 2005-09-10 09:31:00, dragonfly wrote:

"whole families moved to Texas from CA?
"

Some, yes.
...hands went up and people hit the floor, he wasted two kids that ran for the door....."
-Beastie Boys, Paul Revere

Offline Anonymous

• View Profile
« Reply #8 on: September 10, 2005, 05:53:00 PM »
Had I been in Straight when they kidnapped the children/brainwashed families.. and moved them, I would have for sure been way more violent towards anyone in the program than I was already. That would have completely freaked me out. I would have done anything at that point to run, no matter who I left behind or hurt. Thats insane they did this to children..

I can remeber Staff threatening and taunting  to send me to Fla. to punish me , because they said it was way worse there.