Author Topic: Speakerboxxx/The Love Below, some o' that new new Outkast...  (Read 1270 times)

Offline mental torture made me li

• View Profile
Speakerboxxx/The Love Below, some o' that new new Outkast...
« on: September 05, 2005, 04:18:00 AM »
This two-cd set, man I been listening to it since I got it a few days back. They have some reel clever new musical stuff going on, some stuff reminiscent of 80's pop, some 50's sock hop sounding stuff (Hey Ya!), some fast dialectical rhythymicated riffs such as in Roses when he goes off on Caroline. "I know you'd like to thank your shit don't stank / But lean a little bit closer / See that roses really smell like boo-boo / Yeah, roses really smell like boo-boo..." Snicker and giggle, and that ain't the only laugh on the tracks they lay down! Yeehaw. I'm talkin' bout the excellence of Love In War. Check out Behold a Lady for some sharp percussioning, a new effect. This stuff is jazzy, and Andre is spatted out on the flip side of the cover. Makes me think 1940's in some bits. I'm tellin' you, you like any kind of funk, this two-cd set, which I purchased for the low low price of $21.97 at my local pop shop, none of that big chain shit, will funk you right up. To the mighty relief of your insufficiently funked up musical listening and appreciating nerve cells sending back the "yeah, yeah" to the pleasuredome.

I got an open light switch that just zapped me for the second time.
« Last Edit: December 31, 1969, 07:00:00 PM by Guest »