Author Topic: Genreal Discussion on the WWASP Parent's BBS??  (Read 13625 times)

Offline Anonymous

• View Profile
Genreal Discussion on the WWASP Parent's BBS??
« Reply #30 on: October 13, 2005, 07:39:00 PM »
On 2005-10-13 16:21:00, Anonymous wrote:

"

On 2005-10-13 10:25:00, Anonymous wrote:

"WWASPIE parents have a history of blind ignorance about many issues ...

Case In Point:

In the United States, under FEDERAL LAW, every child is entitled to an education.

Depriving a child of an education b/c they are "druggies" is a crime.

What needs to happen is for one of these kids to SUE THEIR PARENT (and the program, as a co-conspirator) for depriving them of an education.

Only then will parents sit up and take notice!

:smokin:

"

I agree, but, they couldnt sue because they are receiving an education, maybe the best in the country, maybe the worse.  Sounds like they are doing everything right, classrooms,teachers, desks etc.. They just dont have the paperwork done to hand out diplomas and as a previous post mentioned, education is probably #3 on the list for most parents.  Many of the kids were not taking full advantage of the school they were in, so it is a step forward for most."

I understand the point you are trying to make, but here's the deal:  Just b/c a kid isnt excelling at their regular school doesn't mean they can or should be DUMBED down by placing them in a school (cough-cough) that puts a low priority on academics.

Come on, raising a kid's emmotional IQ is just as important as academics.  Most of these kids are teacing themselves in the behavior mod warehouses, there are no credentialed teachers ... there is cheating going on, trading deodrant for credits, etc.  It's a fucking joke and the parents who condone this by saying ... well he/she wasnt going to graduate from their regular school anyway, are just making excuses.

Being a non-compliant teen is not an excuse to lock someone up, just as poor performance in school is not an excuse to lower the bar on academics.

These kids are being shortchanged in every way, thanks to their parents that buy into this crap dished out by their program of choice.

« Last Edit: December 31, 1969, 07:00:00 PM by Guest »

Offline Anonymous

• View Profile
« Reply #31 on: October 13, 2005, 07:41:00 PM »

"

Case In Point:

In the United States, under FEDERAL LAW, every child is entitled to an education.

What needs to happen is for one of these kids to SUE THEIR PARENT (and the program, as a co-conspirator) for depriving them of an education.

"

I agree, but, they couldnt sue because they are receiving an education, maybe the best in the country, maybe the worse.  Sounds like they are doing everything right, classrooms,teachers, desks etc.. They just dont have the paperwork done to hand out diplomas and as a previous post mentioned, education is probably #3 on the list for most parents.  Many of the kids were not taking full advantage of the school they were in, so it is a step forward for most."

Wow, that's quite a spin. How much are you WWASPies getting paid for writing these things these days? Is it still $50?

Education in WWASP facilities is non-existent. The kids have to teach themselves out of books. There are no essays, book reports, presentations, etc. The only "work" these kids do is fill in bubbles in multiple choice tests. The "teachers" are, in most cases, uneducated and lacking any kind of educational certification or licensing. More often than not, they have to refer to an answer key when they grade a prisoner's test.

Prisoners are not allowed to get a grade that's less than 80%. That would make the program look bad. So, the kids are forced to re-take the same old test over and over again until they reach 80% (or until they give up and move on to a different booklet).

They are not doing anything "right". As far as academics go, it looks like WWASP isn't doing anything at all.

Offline TheWho

• View Profile
« Reply #32 on: October 13, 2005, 11:15:00 PM »
On 2005-10-13 16:41:00, Anonymous wrote:

"

"

Case In Point:

"

Wow, that's quite a spin. How much are you WWASPies getting paid for writing these things these days? Is it still $50?

Education in WWASP facilities is non-existent. The kids have to teach themselves out of books. There are no essays, book reports, presentations, etc. The only "work" these kids do is fill in bubbles in multiple choice tests. The "teachers" are, in most cases, uneducated and lacking any kind of educational certification or licensing. More often than not, they have to refer to an answer key when they grade a prisoner's test.

Prisoners are not allowed to get a grade that's less than 80%. That would make the program look bad. So, the kids are forced to re-take the same old test over and over again until they reach 80% (or until they give up and move on to a different booklet).

They are not doing anything "right". As far as academics go, it looks like WWASP isn't doing anything at all. "
Well I guess you know better than I.  I never went to Carlbrook and wasnt aware that they hired people to teach who are uneducated and forced the students to teach themselves, if they can find a book.  I find it hard to believe that they force the kids to take the same test over and over until they pass.
Personally I dont think you know what you are talking about.  Good qualified teachers dont demand a whole lot of money, any school can find someone to fill the void when it comes to teaching young adults on the highschool level, but this is just my opinion because I wasnt there.  But I am sure it is not the final word, someone must know if the teachers have experience and finished college.
Anyone?

Offline Anonymous

• View Profile
« Reply #33 on: October 14, 2005, 01:25:00 AM »
"Education in WWASP facilities is non-existent. The kids have to teach themselves out of books. There are no essays, book reports, presentations, etc. The only "work" these kids do is fill in bubbles in multiple choice tests. The "teachers" are, in most cases, uneducated and lacking any kind of educational certification or licensing. More often than not, they have to refer to an answer key when they grade a prisoner's test.

"Prisoners are not allowed to get a grade that's less than 80%. That would make the program look bad. So, the kids are forced to re-take the same old test over and over again until they reach 80% (or until they give up and move on to a different booklet). "

"They are not doing anything "right". As far as academics go, it looks like WWASP isn't doing anything at all. "

Spring Creek Lodge Academy, Montana:

22 Montana OPI certified teachers, several with MA's, with teaching experience ranging from seven to twenty years. Students who don't master the material do the work again, and continue studying the material until they can demonstrate mastery.

Every English course--and there are five--requires two book reports, on books from the list, which exceeds the minimum grade levels as recommended by the publishers.

So at least one WWASP school is doing some pretty nice work. I know, because I teach there.

In a delightful twist, public schools around the country are finally catching on after extensive research showed that kids should learn stuff instead of being passed along like parts on an assembly line for the convenience of the teachers or administrators, as many public schools have done the last twenty years. Many are now adopting the same requirements.

:wave:

Offline Nihilanthic

• View Profile
« Reply #34 on: October 14, 2005, 03:47:00 AM »
Oh really, which one? 'cos the last person I know who went to a WWASPS program... actually two, Casa and CCM, says she had to teach herself out of a book. And re-taking the same test until you get at least 80% means... you were able to pass that test, not that you actually grasped the material and learned anything.

"22 Montana OPI certified teachers, several with MA's, with teaching experience ranging from seven to twenty years. Students who don't master the material do the work again, and continue studying the material until they can demonstrate mastery. "

In the real world they dont give do-overs :wink:

Eskimo: "If I did not know about God and sin, would I go to hell?"
Priest: "No, not if you did not know."
Eskimo: "Then why did you tell me?"
--Annie Dillard, "Pilgrim at Tinker Creek"

DannyB on the internet:I CALLED A LAWYER TODAY TO SEE IF I COULD SUE YOUR ASSES FOR DOING THIS BUT THAT WAS NOT POSSIBLE.

CCMGirl on program restraints: "DON\'T TAZ ME BRO!!!!!"

TheWho on program survivors: "From where I sit I see all the anit-program[sic] people doing all the complaining and crying."

Offline Anonymous

• View Profile
« Reply #35 on: October 14, 2005, 04:02:00 AM »

22 Montana OPI certified teachers, several with MA's, with teaching experience ranging from seven to twenty years.

Oh, really? Can you show any proof that they actually teach the kids? WWASPS sometimes keeps licensed, qualified teachers on staff, so they could pretend they offer a real academic program. But since that academic program doesn't include any frontal teaching or real instruction at all-- just reading booklet and filling in bubbles-- those teachers aren't really doing all that much.

tudents who don't master the material do the work again, and continue studying the material until they can demonstrate mastery.

Which is exactly what I said. Prisoners who get anything less than 80% are forced to do the exam over and over again until they reach 80% or higher.

Every English course--and there are five--requires two book reports, on books from the list, which exceeds the minimum grade levels as recommended by the publishers.

Again, can you show any proof for that? I've seen WWASPS' academic requirements list, which also lists book reports, but of all the former prisoners I've talked to, not even one mention actually writing book reports. Just the usual "teach yourself from a book and fill in the bubbles". WWASPS just writes this sort of bullshit to fool people who are stupid enough to fall for it.

So at least one WWASP school is doing some pretty nice work. I know, because I teach there.

Well, that explains it. WWASPS often makes sure that its employees are thoroughly indoctrinated in the program's ideology and worship the program just like the program parents.

In a delightful twist, public schools around the country are finally catching on after extensive research showed that kids should learn stuff instead of being passed along like parts on an assembly line for the convenience of the teachers or administrators,

...Which is exactly what WWASPS is doing. The "treatment program" and the "academic program" are both one-size-fits-all. No concern is given to the kids' individual needs. WWASPS is very aware of this, and they themselves have compareed their program to a car assembly factory many times.

But then again, what else can you expect from a cult that poses as a "school". A cult whose sole purpose is to rope in the parents, and reqire both parents and kids in such a way that they believe they've been helped (even though they hacen't) and that they worship the program.

Offline Anonymous

• View Profile
« Reply #36 on: October 16, 2005, 07:41:00 PM »
On 2005-10-14 01:02:00, Anonymous wrote:

22 Montana OPI certified teachers, several with MA's, with teaching experience ranging from seven to twenty years.

Oh, really? Can you show any proof that they actually teach the kids? WWASPS sometimes keeps licensed, qualified teachers on staff, so they could pretend they offer a real academic program. But since that academic program doesn't include any frontal teaching or real instruction at all-- just reading booklet and filling in bubbles-- those teachers aren't really doing all that much.

tudents who don't master the material do the work again, and continue studying the material until they can demonstrate mastery.

Which is exactly what I said. Prisoners who get anything less than 80% are forced to do the exam over and over again until they reach 80% or higher.

Again, can you show any proof for that? I've seen WWASPS' academic requirements list, which also lists book reports, but of all the former prisoners I've talked to, not even one mention actually writing book reports. Just the usual "teach yourself from a book and fill in the bubbles". WWASPS just writes this sort of bullshit to fool people who are stupid enough to fall for it.

Well, that explains it. WWASPS often makes sure that its employees are thoroughly indoctrinated in the program's ideology and worship the program just like the program parents.

In a delightful twist, public schools around the country are finally catching on after extensive research showed that kids should learn stuff instead of being passed along like parts on an assembly line for the convenience of the teachers or administrators,

...Which is exactly what WWASPS is doing. The "treatment program" and the "academic program" are both one-size-fits-all. No concern is given to the kids' individual needs. WWASPS is very aware of this, and they themselves have compareed their program to a car assembly factory many times.

But then again, what else can you expect from a cult that poses as a "school". A cult whose sole purpose is to rope in the parents, and reqire both parents and kids in such a way that they believe they've been helped (even though they hacen't) and that they worship the program.

"

SCL doesn't even use bubble sheets. Ask the former students. There are multiple choice, essay questions, true-false, etc. Most tests have a combination of these, as recommended by educational assessment experts. On math tests, students are required to show all work.

SCL doesn't use booklets. The curriculum is almost identical to the one used in public schools around Montana. And what, by the way, is "frontal teaching?" Is that an educational term I missed in my six years of college?

As far as proof, what works for you? SCL has been fully--not conditionally--accredited since 1996. But that doesn't seem to work as proof. Folks who work there have told you about it, but you don't accept it. So state the proof you'd consider valid. Or go find out for yourself.

The fact is, there's all this complaining about what should happen to make these good schools, and when it becomes clear that's actually the way SCL is, the only reaction is, Oh, that can't be true, you have to prove it. That's a ridiculous response. Prove all the BS claims about poor academics there.

Offline chi3

• View Profile
« Reply #37 on: November 10, 2005, 04:42:00 AM »
Hello All,

Been quite a while since I last posted here! I believe it was at the first of the year. I don't know what you may be looking for on the BBS, but I still have access, but only in the alumni forum, I think. I almost died laughing when I saw I was on the alumni list. I mean, please! We drove up and snatched our daughter on a weekend when the main staff is gone, with no advanced warning. We let them know we wouldn't be back. I have no idea why they still send us the magazine or try to contact us from time to time. About 3 mos. ago, I was asked to "teach" at seminar. I never even finished a seminar! Guess they have relaxed their standards. I have lots of thoughts about the things posted, but it would take a book to list them all. All I can say is I have seen it, done it, and still have nightmares! For anyone who remembers me, my daughter, Bri, is doing well. She is home-schooling her self in advanced classes, has a 3.85, works 2 jobs, and plans on graduating a year early. Her credits from the prison were not transferable to any of our area schools, but luckily a very nice private boarding school accepted them. She was an all A student going into the hell hole, and has come out intact. The education she received at the "school" was a farce. No teachers around, licensed or otherwise, a freezing cold shabby building, and asinine school work. I can't speak for all the WWASPS facilities, but hers was a shitty little hell hole that looked like it needed to be torn down, was filthy, and definately was misrepresented to us over the internet and phone. I wish with all my heart I would have listened to my gut feelings instead of focusing on the problems we were dealing with. I was so torn up about the situation ,I really didn't pay much attention to my surroundings,plus, we were only shown the "best" areas, such as the admin. office. It wasn't until I demanded to return 2 mos. later, against their wishes that I saw the whole place. I was very upset. I was in the process of finding another option for us when the Discovery seminar rolled round. This absolutely bizarre experience was all I needed to just go and snatch her. My daughter told me that all the kids dread parent seminars because this is when the parents get sucked into the cult and become fully committed. I told her, as I will tell you all, committed is the important word in this sentence. I have absolutely no idea anyone can be degraded and abused as the parents are, and still want their kids there. All I can say, it is the breeding ground for little junior psycopaths, who society need to look no further than the parents to find the guilty party.

Offline Nihilanthic

• View Profile
« Reply #38 on: November 10, 2005, 05:58:00 AM »
:nworthy:  :nworthy:  :nworthy:

Chi3, thank you for getting your kid out of there! And, thank you for coming back to fornits  :silly:

How often, or on what system, the Thought Police plugged in any individual wire was guesswork. It was even conceivable that they watched everybody all the time. But at any rate, they could plug in your wire whenever they wanted to.
http://www.amazon.com/exec/obidos/ASIN/0451524934/circlofmiamithem' target='_new'>George Orwell, 1984

DannyB on the internet:I CALLED A LAWYER TODAY TO SEE IF I COULD SUE YOUR ASSES FOR DOING THIS BUT THAT WAS NOT POSSIBLE.

CCMGirl on program restraints: "DON\'T TAZ ME BRO!!!!!"

TheWho on program survivors: "From where I sit I see all the anit-program[sic] people doing all the complaining and crying."

Offline Anonymous

• View Profile
« Reply #39 on: November 10, 2005, 12:34:00 PM »
What's BBS?

Offline chi3

• View Profile
« Reply #40 on: November 18, 2005, 03:52:00 AM »
Big Bull Shit! No, it is a parent forum where the "cult" parents reassure you that you are doing the very best thing for your child. They give testimony daily to how great WWASPS is. It would be very funny if it weren't so sad. It would blow your mind to read some of the stuff parents write, they will be livid and cussing and saying they think it is all a crock of shit, then about 10 parents swoop down and write novels about how it has reformed their kid, helped their other kid, saved their marriage, and got rid of the dog's worms. After a while of this, and not hearing from your kid, just the staff,(who sees a major change already), parents go to the seminars and are in ecstasy! It is like Stepford Nation.......

Offline Anonymous

• View Profile
« Reply #41 on: November 18, 2005, 09:43:00 AM »
Chi 3

That was was stated.Dont foreget tomentionit works. The BBS definately keeps parents engaged.
Probaly why any negative comments are deleted and the person who wrote is removed and prevented from ever being "invited" back on.

Offline Antigen

• View Profile
    • http://wwf.Fornits.com/
« Reply #42 on: November 18, 2005, 04:57:00 PM »
Well what have they got to hide? If the program works so good, they why do they have to spend so much time and effort putting down dissenting views?

Chi, glad your daughter is doing so well. I sure wish there were more like you.

Were the power of Congress to be established in the latitude contended for, it would subvert the very foundation, and transmute the very nature of the limited Government established by the people of America.
http://www.amazon.com/exec/obidos/ASIN/0813912652/circlofmiamithem' target='_new'> James Madison

"Don\'t let the past remind us of what we are not now."
~ Crosby Stills Nash & Young, Sweet Judy Blue Eyes

Offline Anonymous

• View Profile
« Reply #43 on: November 19, 2005, 12:33:00 PM »
On 2005-11-18 13:57:00, Antigen wrote:

"Well what have they got to hide? If the program works so good, they why do they have to spend so much time and effort putting down dissenting views?

Chi, glad your daughter is doing so well. I sure wish there were more like you.

Were the power of Congress to be established in the latitude contended for, it would subvert the very foundation, and transmute the very nature of the limited Government established by the people of America.
http://www.amazon.com/exec/obidos/ASIN/0813912652/circlofmiamithem' target='_new'> James Madison

"

The programs work "good" because they don't spend time and money supporting the work of their enemies. Say whatever you want, but don't expect me to buy you a microphone. If you had a neighbor you hated, would you be pissy about him not inviting you into his house to bitch at him?

The BBS is to SUPPORT the parents, not trash them. That in no way implies anything to hide. It just implies the programs aren't run by idiots.

:wave:

Offline Cayo Hueso

• View Profile
« Reply #44 on: November 19, 2005, 12:45:00 PM »
On 2005-11-19 09:33:00, Anonymous wrote:

The programs work "good" because they don't spend time and money supporting the work of their enemies. Say whatever you want, but don't expect me to buy you a microphone. If you had a neighbor you hated, would you be pissy about him not inviting you into his house to bitch at him?

The BBS is to SUPPORT the parents, not trash them. That in no way implies anything to hide. It just implies the programs aren't run by idiots.

:wave: "

The programs work well. I think few would dispute that.  They turn beautiful individuals into program-spouting robots, preaching the gospel of WWASPS.  It's HOW they work that is the central question here.  If you beat a dog into submission and he now 'obeys' you, is that considered a success?  Same thing with the teens, even if there is no physical abuse.  The emotional does the trick just as well.

And how 'bout full disclosure?  Shouldn't prospective and active parents have another point of view?  What you're descibing sounds like totalism (sp and correct term??).  Another cult tactic...

http://www.ex-cult.org/General/lifton-criteria

From Dr. Robert J. Lifton for Thought Reform: The psychology of Totalism

5.   SACRED SCIENCE

the totalist milieu maintains an aura of sacredness around its basic
    doctrine or ideology, holding it as an ultimate moral vision for the
    ordering of human existence
    questioning or criticizing those basic assumptions is prohibited
    a reverence is demanded for the ideology/doctrine, the originators of
    the ideology/doctrine, the present bearers of the ideology/doctrine
    offers considerable security to young people because it greatly
    simplifies the world and answers a contemporary need to combine a
    sacred set of dogmatic principles with a claim to a science embodying
    the truth about human behavior and human psychology

For more, read here... especially Lifton's, Singer's and Hassan's.  The similarities are just plain scary.  http://www.ex-cult.org/General/lifton-criteria

God did not reward men for being honest, generous and brave, but for the act of faith. Without faith, all the so-called virtues were sins. and the men who practiced these virtues, without faith, deserved to suffer eternal pain.
--

t. Pete Straight
early 80s