Author Topic: hurricane victims are victims of our uncaring government  (Read 10667 times)

Offline OverLordd

• View Profile
hurricane victims are victims of our uncaring government
« Reply #30 on: September 02, 2005, 10:08:00 PM »
Guys, not to sound uncaring but how many of you know about the way New Orleans is, and even the entire state of Louisiana. I grew up in New Orleans Louisiana. I was taught how to survive in a hurricane and how to prepare. These people did not prepare as well as they should of.

Huey P. Long, a old govenor and his welfare state. The people currently in Louisiana stayed of their own free will. They thought the government would take care of them. They took no responsiblity for their own actions. All this behavior was perpiratated by Huey P. Long and his idea of "The government will take care of you." They need to take responisblity for not being prepared and not leaving during the manditory evacuation. I may seem heartless, but take it from a person who lived in New Orleans for a large part of his life, they could be doing better if they took care of their own actions.
« Last Edit: December 31, 1969, 07:00:00 PM by Guest »
our walking down a hallway, you turn left, you turn right. BRICK WALL!

GAH!!!!

Yeah, hes a survivor.

Offline Anonymous

• View Profile
« Reply #31 on: September 02, 2005, 10:12:00 PM »
ditto: IMPEACH BUSH

why anyone cared that Monica sucked Bill's dick i have no idea, but now it seems REALLY STUPID to care whose pants were down in comparison to Bush's everlasting disregard for human life. perhaps somebody should volunteer to suck his cock so people will want to impeach him, too.

Offline Anonymous

• View Profile
« Reply #32 on: September 02, 2005, 10:14:00 PM »
On 2005-09-02 19:08:00, OverLordd wrote:

"Guys, not to sound uncaring but how many of you know about the way New Orleans is, and even the entire state of Louisiana. I grew up in New Orleans Louisiana. I was taught how to survive in a hurricane and how to prepare. These people did not prepare as well as they should of.

Huey P. Long, a old govenor and his welfare state. The people currently in Louisiana stayed of their own free will. They thought the government would take care of them. They took no responsiblity for their own actions. All this behavior was perpiratated by Huey P. Long and his idea of "The government will take care of you." They need to take responisblity for not being prepared and not leaving during the manditory evacuation. I may seem heartless, but take it from a person who lived in New Orleans for a large part of his life, they could be doing better if they took care of their own actions."

mmm hmmn. shut up white boy, you are clueless. :roll:

how's ya gonna evac when ya don't have a car, when ya don't got nowhere to go and no money to get there.

Offline Anonymous

• View Profile

Offline webcrawler

• View Profile
« Reply #34 on: September 02, 2005, 10:30:00 PM »

"Guys, not to sound uncaring but how many of you know about the way New Orleans is, and even the entire state of Louisiana. I grew up in New Orleans Louisiana. I was taught how to survive in a hurricane and how to prepare. These people did not prepare as well as they should of.

Huey P. Long, a old govenor and his welfare state. The people currently in Louisiana stayed of their own free will. They thought the government would take care of them. They took no responsiblity for their own actions. All this behavior was perpiratated by Huey P. Long and his idea of "The government will take care of you." They need to take responisblity for not being prepared and not leaving during the manditory evacuation. I may seem heartless, but take it from a person who lived in New Orleans for a large part of his life, they could be doing better if they took care of their own actions."

Damn Overlordd this is a pretty harsh stance don't you think? The people left behind are most likely the one's that did not have the resources to go anywhere. Your viewing this with a perspective based on your life, not theirs.

So the next time someone gets raped or beaten should we condem them too for looking to our govt to help them? Should we condemn the people who are steadily losing their jobs to 3rd world countries who look to the govt for unemployment benefits? Should we condemn the desperate people down south that are hungry, thirsty, and sick for accepting supplies from our govt? Should we condemn them for getting on buses to get out of the area? After all as you put it "they could be doing better if they took care of their own actions."
am looking for people who survived Straight in Plymouth, Michigan. I miss a lot of people there and wonder what happened and would like to stay in touch.

Offline Anonymous

• View Profile
« Reply #35 on: September 02, 2005, 10:40:00 PM »

Overlod, shut up.

You are completely wrong. A lot of people DID want to leave, but were unable to for whatever reason. (economic, medical, etc) The fact you cannot even IMAGINE the fact people can not leave at their own will shows how stupid and ignorant you are. I spent years in New Orleans at Tulane University, I am not talking out of my ass. But you hadn't need to spend time there to realize they are HUMAN BEINGS dying there RIGHT NOW!! Elderly and babies are dying in the street, RIGHT NOW! And you are blaming them? My god, you are a cruel individual. Sick, twisted and heartless. Funny how its always you 'religious' folks who have no problem watching people die.

This tragedy sure is exposing people's true colors I'd say. The amount of racists GARGABE I've been hearing/reading from some people is unbelievable. UNBELIEVABLE. I've read some of the cruelest, assanine columns today, and they sounded a lot like Overlords post. Pathetic.

Obviously you have NO fucking clue what it's like to live under the radar, and not the same economic ability as those around you. Man... I could go on forever, but you fucking disgust me. Not sure why you come on here worrying about teens who are locked up and can't have sympathy for people dying on the streets in their own feces. Unbelivable man.

Offline Anonymous

• View Profile
« Reply #36 on: September 02, 2005, 10:50:00 PM »
but how many of you know about the way New Orleans is

what the hell is this supposed to mean? I know exactly how new orleans is. It's a great city, creative and dynamic with wonderful and colorful people. what exactly did you mean by that?

These people

what people exactly? the poor, elderly, inferm, tourists, hotel workers, city cops, firefighters... those people?

Your racism shows through your choice of words. You sound almost happy all those 'welfare blacks' are getting what was coming to them for not being as prepared as you.

The sad thing is, you aren't the only one who thinks this way. Plenty of racist white southern baptists types out there unforunately.  :roll:

Offline Anonymous

• View Profile
« Reply #37 on: September 02, 2005, 10:51:00 PM »
It's a pity you can't break the cycle of ignorance in your family Overlord, and start thinking for yourself.  :tup:

Offline Anonymous

• View Profile
« Reply #38 on: September 02, 2005, 10:56:00 PM »
Let 'em die.

Some of you who post here need to go down there and volunteer your bodies for food, because although you are worth less than allowing yourselves to be eaten for their survival ...at least you will finally be doing something with your pile of shit lives.

- Katrina.

Offline Anonymous

• View Profile
« Reply #39 on: September 02, 2005, 10:58:00 PM »
Eat me.

Offline Anonymous

• View Profile
« Reply #40 on: September 02, 2005, 11:01:00 PM »
I know how NO is too...I lived in NO and Baton Rouge for 5 yrs of my childhood. New Orleans is not all jazz and tourism and beignets and cafe au lait. New Orleans is also abject poverty, shortage of good jobs, poor schools with no decent supplies, 5 generations passing through the same shacky 120 year old home because that is all they have. These people depend on rides to work, or the bus, or they walk to their jobs if they live near the central business district or french quarter. You have the same idea of reality as Rush Limbaugh. He asked today why didn't those people evacuate. Someone told him it was because they didn't have a car. Then he said well why don't they have a car? It's not that they were too stubborn to evacuate or didn't heed the warnings, its that they COULDN'T evacuate. That is why the city put them up or tried to put them up in the superdome. You sit all snug as a bug in a rug in your nice dorm room up there on campus in Dahlonega, and you don't have a frickin clue what it is to really suffer, I mean REALLY suffer, to go through garbage cans for food, watch old ladies in wheelchairs die in the street and watch babies crying in the 100 degree heat. HOW DARE YOU critizise their choices!! YOU live on those streets in that poverty for one week, one week and I bet you'll think twice about making such ignorant, uncaring statements again.

Offline Anonymous

• View Profile
« Reply #41 on: September 02, 2005, 11:03:00 PM »
Back off, Katrina. I say, let them eat cake!

--Marie Antoinette

Offline Anonymous

• View Profile
« Reply #42 on: September 02, 2005, 11:14:00 PM »
I keep reading online its worse than they are showing us on TV. Aparently, foreign press is showing tv images of lots of bodies floating around, and talking about aligators eating them, etc.. really gruesome stuff. Just like they didnt show the jumpers on 9/11, they are censoring the images we are seeing. I read in a russian article they are calling NO 'the city of death' and estimate as many as 50,000 dead. This is so sad, the worst disaster in american history, live on tv- and some people dont even give a shit.  :sad:

Offline webcrawler

• View Profile
« Reply #43 on: September 02, 2005, 11:21:00 PM »
I am sadded that it has taken a hurricane to open up America's eyes on just how prevalant racism and classism are in this country. It's not just limited to Southern Baptists that have hate in them as one person made reference to.

I first posted comments on another thread anon because I was intimidated to share my real thoughts here. One only has to come to this board on any given day and read countless attacks on a persons race, gender, or some perceived defect of character.

Overlordd I'm not going to belittle you for your comments. I've been caught up in that cycle before around here and frankly it did nothing but make me feel even worse in the end. I know you are 17 years old so I really can't fault you. My guess is that you are just viewing the situation from your own life and may not have knowledge what it's like to live in a cycle of poverty and oppression.

I'm really sick of people always blaming the oppressed for everything and how they should just pull themselves up by their boot straps. So all the people spouting racial slurs, endorsing the killing of people, and blaming them tell me this,

Were your great, great grandparents slaves?

Did your great grandparents, grand parents, and parents grow up in a time
where they could not enjoy equal rights because of Jim Crow Laws?

Did your grandparents get sent to an all white school and have their lives threatned?

Were any of your relatives lynched for wanting their right to vote?

Did your grandparents receive substandard education under the guise of seperate but equal?

Did your poor and uneducated grandparents go on to have your parents that continued to have substandard education and therefore no hope of a good job and college education?

Were your grandparents and your parents neighborhoods bulldozed all in the name of urban renewal and herded to the projects?

Do you today live in a neighborhood where the police view you as a suspect for anything that goes wrong?

Are you pulled over in your car nonstop and searched for drugs and weapons?

Has your neighbors called the police on you for having lots of visitors because that must mean you are selling drugs instead of just maybe having a large extended family and network of friends?

Are you today being shortchanged with your education and prospects of college because of the neighborhood your school happens to be in?

I am not trying to take away from anyone elses experiences of suffering here. I know history shows us that oppression and tragedy has played a role in the lives of many regardless of race. I am just sick and tired of hearing the cruel things that have been said about the victims of this hurricane.
am looking for people who survived Straight in Plymouth, Michigan. I miss a lot of people there and wonder what happened and would like to stay in touch.

Offline webcrawler

• View Profile
« Reply #44 on: September 02, 2005, 11:27:00 PM »