Author Topic: hurricane victims are victims of our uncaring government  (Read 10924 times)

Offline starry-eyed pirate

• View Profile
hurricane victims are victims of our uncaring government
« Reply #15 on: September 02, 2005, 01:46:00 AM »
On 2005-09-01 22:27:00, Anonymous wrote:

"Yah, FUCK BUSH and his whole Dynasty.... END THE WAR NOW.... Put our money and resources to helping people instead of blowing them up.

."

Got that right. Peace on Earth. ::dove::
« Last Edit: December 31, 1969, 07:00:00 PM by Guest »
If you would have justice in this world, then begin to see that a human being is not a means to some end.  People are not commodities.  When human beings are just to one another government becomes obsolete and real freedom is born; SPIRITUAL ANARCHY.

Offline Second Skin

• View Profile
« Reply #16 on: September 02, 2005, 11:40:00 AM »
Friday, September 2nd, 2005

Dear Mr. Bush:

Any idea where all our helicopters are? It's Day 5 of Hurricane Katrina and thousands remain stranded in New Orleans and need to be airlifted. Where on earth could you have misplaced all our military choppers? Do you need help finding them? I once lost my car in a Sears parking lot. Man, was that a drag.

Also, any idea where all our national guard soldiers are? We could really use them right now for the type of thing they signed up to do like helping with national disasters. How come they weren't there to begin with?

Last Thursday I was in south Florida and sat outside while the eye of Hurricane Katrina passed over my head. It was only a Category 1 then but it was pretty nasty. Eleven people died and, as of today, there were still homes without power. That night the weatherman said this storm was on its way to New Orleans. That was Thursday! Did anybody tell you? I know you didn't want to interrupt your vacation and I know how you don't like to get bad news. Plus, you had fundraisers to go to and mothers of dead soldiers to ignore and smear. You sure showed her!

I especially like how, the day after the hurricane, instead of flying to Louisiana, you flew to San Diego to party with your business peeps. Don't let people criticize you for this -- after all, the hurricane was over and what the heck could you do, put your finger in the dike?

And don't listen to those who, in the coming days, will reveal how you specifically reduced the Army Corps of Engineers' budget for New Orleans this summer for the third year in a row. You just tell them that even if you hadn't cut the money to fix those levees, there weren't going to be any Army engineers to fix them anyway because you had a much more important construction job for them -- BUILDING DEMOCRACY IN IRAQ!

On Day 3, when you finally left your vacation home, I have to say I was moved by how you had your Air Force One pilot descend from the clouds as you flew over New Orleans so you could catch a quick look of the disaster. Hey, I know you couldn't stop and grab a bullhorn and stand on some rubble and act like a commander in chief. Been there done that.

There will be those who will try to politicize this tragedy and try to use it against you. Just have your people keep pointing that out. Respond to nothing. Even those pesky scientists who predicted this would happen because the water in the Gulf of Mexico is getting hotter and hotter making a storm like this inevitable. Ignore them and all their global warming Chicken Littles. There is nothing unusual about a hurricane that was so wide it would be like having one F-4 tornado that stretched from New York to Cleveland.

No, Mr. Bush, you just stay the course. It's not your fault that 30 percent of New Orleans lives in poverty or that tens of thousands had no transportation to get out of town. C'mon, they're black! I mean, it's not like this happened to Kennebunkport. Can you imagine leaving white people on their roofs for five days? Don't make me laugh! Race has nothing -- NOTHING -- to do with this!

You hang in there, Mr. Bush. Just try to find a few of our Army helicopters and send them there. Pretend the people of New Orleans and the Gulf Coast are near Tikrit.

Yours,

Michael Moore
http://www.MichaelMoore.com

P.S. That annoying mother, Cindy Sheehan, is no longer at your ranch. She and dozens of other relatives of the Iraqi War dead are now driving across the country, stopping in many cities along the way. Maybe you can catch up with them before they get to DC on September 21st.

Offline sammiegirl

• View Profile
« Reply #17 on: September 02, 2005, 11:45:00 AM »
After a long thoght I've decided to put my money to use buying clothes books and toys for the displaced kids. My neighborhood asociation and some MERK employees are getting cash together and we will buy the stuff and bring it down. Along with money for their parents.
This is a quagmire.
 BUSH FUCKED UP BIG TIME and WHERES JEB IN ALL OF THIS.
If Jeb thinks he'll run next term Ill be there reminding people of his lack of action. SHIT FL IS SO CLOSE. I went on moveon.org and volunteered my house as well as a job but my house is small so Ive been asking neighbors to host families.
I know I am in Philly I'd be willing to go get them.
I think this is a good time for all of us to shine through.
SURVIVORS HELPING SURVIVORS.
WE ALL HAD OUR CAT 5 AND WE KNOW PAIN LOSS AND SUFFERING. WE KNOW SHOCK AND TRAUMA. WE KNOW HUNGER HOMELESSNESS WE KNOW. AND NOW WE CAN DO SOMETHING WITH IT
Who better to help.
as SURVIVORS OF STRAIGHT WE HAVE STRENGTH BEYOND ANY REASONABLE EXPECTATION.
Times like these remind me how very much I love you all and pray and hope that you are safe and warm/cool and fed and surrounded by people who love you.
Does anyone know if exstraightlings are down there? If so tell them they can come to my house.
Peace and love to you all
ND THE TRUTH WILL SET US FREE

• View Profile
« Reply #18 on: September 02, 2005, 01:25:00 PM »
Bush is a lyin', fascist, conceited, racist, deluded, bitch.  And he aint the only one.  The federal government is full of oppressive slavemasters.  i aint to impressed with  governor Barbour of Mississippi either.  FUCK YOU Bush!!!!  Quit your fuckin' talkin' and do somethin' ya fuckin' bitch ass cocksuckin' muther fuckin moron.

Man, i am gettin' pissed off.
If you would have justice in this world, then begin to see that a human being is not a means to some end.  People are not commodities.  When human beings are just to one another government becomes obsolete and real freedom is born; SPIRITUAL ANARCHY.

Offline Anonymous

• View Profile
« Reply #19 on: September 02, 2005, 02:16:00 PM »
On 2005-09-01 19:43:00, webcrawler wrote:

Anyone have any first hand knowledge with a trustworthy organization that will give 100% of the donations to the people that need it?"

Second Harvest Donation Page:
http://www.secondharvest.org/site_content.asp?s=95

Unlike the Red Cross, Second Harvest is not a blood pyramid scheme run
by Dracula and his night minions.

Offline Nonconformistlaw

• View Profile
    • http://survivingstraightinc.com
« Reply #20 on: September 02, 2005, 02:19:00 PM »
Yeah I'm getting angrier and angrier by the second....and now Bush is trying to save face with his tour of the disaster areas today....has anyone seen these periodic special reports today????

I'm sure some of these people are happy to see Bush and I can't bring myself to criticize the hurricane victims who want to embrace our lying scum of a president....BUT

Its SO OBVIOUS that this is a calculated move to dodge the criticism, and give the appearance of supposedly doing something, and probably as damage control for yesterdays insensitive, condescending, and ignorant remarks from BUSH

Oh I just loved today's remark from Bush to the effect...'I am pleased about the response to the disaster but the results of the relief effort are unacceptable.'  :roll: Ummmm EXCUSE ME, :roll:  mr president, but the 'unacceptable results of the relief effort' are a DIRECT RESULT of the INEXCUSABLE RESPONSE to the disaster....APPARANTLY BUSH THINKS AMERICANS ARE TOO STUPID TO SEE THROUGH HIS BULLSHIT EXCUSES.....Sorry Mr. Bush, as it has been said numerous times over the past few days....disasters bring our the best and worst in human nature...you see what people are really made of....

Mr Bush you are no different....among other things, this disaster is making it so transparently obvious how FULL OF SHIT YOU ARE that even your fellow GOP cronies are starting to criticize you....GET A CLUE MR PRESIDENT!!!!!!!
quot;In a time of universal deceit, telling the truth becomes a revolutionary act.\" George Orwell

Offline Anonymous

• View Profile
« Reply #21 on: September 02, 2005, 02:27:00 PM »
Remember his response to 911?  Look goofy and scared, keep reading the children's book, then go hide for a few days........what a pussy. Just like in Vietnam, he goes looking for a safe place to avoid the action.  What a leader.
(Apologies to any female genitalia that were offended by comparison to the President---it's just a common colloqiallism)

Offline webcrawler

• View Profile
« Reply #22 on: September 02, 2005, 02:37:00 PM »
On 2005-09-02 11:16:00, Anonymous wrote:

"

On 2005-09-01 19:43:00, webcrawler wrote:

Anyone have any first hand knowledge with a trustworthy organization that will give 100% of the donations to the people that need it?"

Second Harvest Donation Page:

http://www.secondharvest.org/site_content.asp?s=95

Unlike the Red Cross, Second Harvest is not a blood pyramid scheme run

by Dracula and his night minions.

"

Thanks for the info. Second Harvest is a great organization as well. They indirectly provide help for the organization I work for.
am looking for people who survived Straight in Plymouth, Michigan. I miss a lot of people there and wonder what happened and would like to stay in touch.

• View Profile
« Reply #23 on: September 02, 2005, 04:31:00 PM »
On 2005-09-02 10:25:00, starry-eyed pirate wrote:

"Bush is a lyin', fascist, conceited, racist, deluded, bitch.  And he aint the only one.  The federal government is full of oppressive slavemasters.  i aint to impressed with  governor Barbour of Mississippi either.  FUCK YOU Bush!!!!  Quit your fuckin' talkin' and do somethin' ya fuckin' bitch ass cocksuckin' muther fuckin moron.

Man, i am gettin' pissed off."

As insensitve and discompassionate and megalo-maniacal as Bush is there is actually plenty of blame to go around.  The mayor of N'Orle'n and the Governor of L'usianna waited to long to ask the feds for help in the first place.  Legally the federal government has to be invited in by the state.  The leadership of the people has tragically failed them at every level; local, state and federal. i stand by my earlier statement which is quoted above, but this is not all on Bush. Nagin and Blanco are to blame as well. God help us all.

Offline Nonconformistlaw

• View Profile
    • http://survivingstraightinc.com
« Reply #24 on: September 02, 2005, 04:48:00 PM »
I heard about that on the news, that the states must ask for help first before the feds can help...but according to the same report I saw, the NO Mayor and the LA state gov. asked for help long ago and that is why they are pissed, because the feds have been so slow to respond to their request for help...

But you know what...we'll never really know who is most at fault...politicians spend too much  time pointing fingers at each other....none have a clue what taking responsibility means...all politicians are interested on one thing...saving face....making sure they look good and they other guy looks bad...

I actually have a different view of the NO Mayor...at least he had the brains to order an evacuation before the storm hit...correct me if I am wrong, but didn't he do that 2 days before Katrina made landfall in NO? Can you imagine how bad it would be he hadn't? But as a general statement, I agee that govt at all levels routinely fails citizens...and NO is an extreme example of govt failures....
quot;In a time of universal deceit, telling the truth becomes a revolutionary act.\" George Orwell

Offline Anonymous

• View Profile
« Reply #25 on: September 02, 2005, 05:35:00 PM »
Dear Congressman xxxxx,

I am sick with grief over the completely disgraceful Federal response to the tragedy in the aftermath of Hurricane Katrina. That we have billions of dollars to spend on blowing people up in Iraq, and yet people are dying of starvation and thirst after the hurricane is completely and utterly unacceptable. I am disgusted by the rhetoric of "zero tolerance" for looters. Stolen goods are not the primary concern right now. There is no more important issue facing this country than whether or not we can stand together and take care of each other.

My message to you is unequivocal: bring the troops home from Iraq, and send all possible aid to New Orleans.

Sincerely,
xxxxx

Offline Anonymous

• View Profile
« Reply #26 on: September 02, 2005, 06:29:00 PM »
What do you think of your president now?   We told you what a worthless piece of work (can I say that?  piece of work)  So, he can nome early from vacation eh?  yeah, 3 days after the hurricane hit. Whatta ya say now Patriot?       :flame:

Offline Anonymous

• View Profile
« Reply #27 on: September 02, 2005, 08:18:00 PM »
Here is good story, check it out!  That must have been one wild ride!  Blow up the picture so you can really see this boat! Damn!

http://www.palmbeachpost.com/storm/cont ... _0901.html

Offline Anonymous

• View Profile
« Reply #28 on: September 02, 2005, 08:18:00 PM »

Offline Anonymous

• View Profile
« Reply #29 on: September 02, 2005, 09:18:00 PM »
In another swift move by the "Shrub", or people employed by him, the Federal Government cut funding for research and development of the improvement of the levee system in Louisiana several years ago. The New Orleanians have known for literally YEARS that those levees weren't going to hold up forever...they are very old. They knew it, and asked for more assistance and the funding was actually cut. I call for IMPEACHMENT NOW before our country falls apart before our very eyes

:flame: