Author Topic: They got another one  (Read 6725 times)

Offline Shortbus

• View Profile
They got another one
« Reply #15 on: August 27, 2005, 10:50:00 AM »
Dosnt matter whether youre a crazy bible thumper trying to convert lost souls or a crazed single-agenda fornits poster. It comes out the same and gets the same results. You immediately convert the ones that will follow anyone blindly. Immediately turn off a whole bunch of others because you appear crazy and rude. And another bunch sticks around for the entertainment and tries not to take things too seriously. And then theres a bunch that thinks hmmmm, there might be something here to look into but take everything with a grain of salt.

Its never too late to procrastinate[ This Message was edited by: Shortbus on 2005-08-27 07:53 ]
« Last Edit: December 31, 1969, 07:00:00 PM by Guest »
ts never too late to procrastinate

Offline Anonymous

• View Profile
They got another one
« Reply #16 on: August 27, 2005, 11:53:00 AM »
On 2005-08-27 07:45:00, Shortbus wrote:

"Youre not that good at getting what you want. I think what you really wanted at ST was to engage parents in dialog - which you could hav done if youd been will to knock your self-righteous self down a notch or two. Because you do occasionally have worthwhile things to say now and then. But noooooooo, you got your bad self banned from the site because you are unable to practice just the teeiest tiniest amount of self control!
"

You love to judge and tell people what they are and aren't, dont you? I see why you chose to become a 'counselor'. You can't help yourself, can you?

OL: NEver care what these people say about you. If you could see who they really are, you wouldn't care anyways.

Offline Shortbus

• View Profile
They got another one
« Reply #17 on: August 27, 2005, 12:57:00 PM »
Yeah, I called him self-righteous. So what, I think he is. Im not in a counselor/teacher situation right now. So what difference does it make and how does that reflect on how well I do my job?

Offline Shortbus

• View Profile
They got another one
« Reply #18 on: August 27, 2005, 12:58:00 PM »
I swear a lot too but I dont do it in the classroom.

Offline OverLordd

• View Profile
They got another one
« Reply #19 on: August 27, 2005, 01:28:00 PM »
I am self rightous, alot of people are at points in their lives. I dont think a person could go through their life without being self rightous at one point or another.
our walking down a hallway, you turn left, you turn right. BRICK WALL!

GAH!!!!

Yeah, hes a survivor.

Offline Nihilanthic

• View Profile
They got another one
« Reply #20 on: August 27, 2005, 01:46:00 PM »
Ask what program it is, why there would ever be a need to hide it, and why she needs to be there.

As far as "god wanting", says who? God didnt, some person did. Id ask for a reason, and then a justification of that, and then how the program will fix that.

Many people like to think god agrees with them... but clearly theyre all wrong, and only one person is actually correct - and I SERIOUSLY doubt its some random program operator or two-bit minister/pastor/priest.

And on a personal note... sorry that shit happened. I dont know what Id do if one of my friends got sent to a program. God knows it would be something drastic  :evil: Dont make that mistake yourself! Keep your wits about you and figure out their reasoning, or the reasoning of whoever convinced them.

Keep the facts about how these places run and what they really do, and offer them to these people. Doubt will set in unless theyre reinforced by some belief structure (like... a church!) to put it to rest.  

*sigh* its so stupid how someone can arbitrarily decide to shove a kid somewhere, say something vague like "god wants her there" and then basically cover their eyes and plug their ears about the TRUTH of the places pre-emptively!  :roll:

I don't think we're here for anything, we're just products of evolution. You can say 'Gee, your life must be pretty bleak if you don't think there's a purpose' but I'm anticipating a good lunch.
--Dr. James Watson, American biologist

DannyB on the internet:I CALLED A LAWYER TODAY TO SEE IF I COULD SUE YOUR ASSES FOR DOING THIS BUT THAT WAS NOT POSSIBLE.

CCMGirl on program restraints: "DON\'T TAZ ME BRO!!!!!"

TheWho on program survivors: "From where I sit I see all the anit-program[sic] people doing all the complaining and crying."

Offline Anonymous

• View Profile
They got another one
« Reply #21 on: August 27, 2005, 02:45:00 PM »
I could use any advice you all may offer.  My daughter's boyfriend was dropped at Midwest Academy two weeks ago to "improve his study skills"????? This kid hasn't been in trouble, doesn't smoke, drink, do drugs, etc. just made the mistake of being an excellent football player which his dad thinks is a waste of time.  His dad is an affluent doctor and the family is Muslim (just to explain a little of the situation).

His Mom was persuaded to talk to ISAC but that did no good... Mom claims there are no specific reports on Midwest Academy so it must be okay.

I contacted DHS and even though there was a case opened on Dad last spring by the school counselor... DHS said there was no reason to investigate.  I've contacted the youth minister at the mosque... again no interest.  I'm so worried about this boy and the long term impact on him but just don't know what to do.

All thoughts, opinions, ideas will be welcomed.

Offline Troll Control

• View Profile
They got another one
« Reply #22 on: August 27, 2005, 03:20:00 PM »
Find out if the place is academically accredited by the state.  I can almost guarantee you it isn't.

If you find it's not accredited or that they don't have licensed teachers, present that to the mom.

In the meantime, I'll do some looking into this place.  It's run by a man who ran a HIGHLY abusive program before and was shut down.

Hang tight, I'll se what I can find.
The Linchpin Link

Whooter - The Most Prolific Troll Fornits Has Ever Seen - The Definitive Links
**********************************************************************************************************
"Looks like a nasty aspentrolius sticci whooterensis infestation you got there, Ms. Fornits.  I\'ll get right to work."

- Troll Control

Offline Troll Control

• View Profile
They got another one
« Reply #23 on: August 27, 2005, 03:40:00 PM »
OK, so far I've found that this is a WWASP facility.  They are a behavior modification program that uses the WWASP "program," a known, highly abusive modality.

Look here, from their website:

"Special Bonus: Exclusive to this website! 8% saving on overall costs if full program costs are paid up front. With any residual funds returned to customer upon early graduation. PLUS this Warranty 60 days free return to the program if old habits return."

What "school" offers a "warranty?

Accreditation:

"Midwest Academy is accredited by the Northwest Accreditation association and affiliated with Keokuk Community School District for Iowa accreditation."

There is no such thing as the Northwest Accreditation Association.  This place is most likely unaccredited and cannot issue a high school diploma, period.  Check with the Iowa dept of Education.  

Another WWASP facility, Academy at Ivy Ridge in NY was recently ordered to repay over $1 million in tuition to parents and to cease and desist advertising that they are accredited and can issue diplomas.  They previously issued 113 BOGUS "diplomas" to kids who later found they weren't worth the paper they were written on and barred them from college application.

More from the website:

"The Character Building Program consists of three phases.  The first phase is designed to help your child learn to follow rules, boundaries, and structure.  In all aspects of life there are responsibilities, rules, and boundaries.  Students begin the program with limited choices, but are informed that privilege and status come from consistent working decisions.  Our philosophy is one of result-based consequences rather than by time.  We are not a prison; students who want to do time will not succeed in our environment.  We teach students that success comes from good communication, hard work, and consistency."

The "program" is open ended and can go on indefinitely - "result-based rather than by time."

RED FLAGS ALL OVER THE PLACE.  "Phases," "limited choices"  RED FLAGS of behavior mod warehouses.

There's too much more to list here today.  DO contact the Iowa State Board of Ed and let them know the "school" is issuing diplomas without accreditation from the state of Iowa.  They'll be interested.  Also contact the Iowa State Atty General and let them know about the fraudulent advertising of accreditation in Iowa - Eliot Spitzer slammed WWASP in NY.

Good luck, and let us know what happens...
The Linchpin Link

**********************************************************************************************************
"Looks like a nasty aspentrolius sticci whooterensis infestation you got there, Ms. Fornits.  I\'ll get right to work."

- Troll Control

Offline Troll Control

• View Profile
They got another one
« Reply #24 on: August 27, 2005, 03:58:00 PM »
I found where they are accredited as a "special purpose" school.

Midwest Academy Keokuk IA 2003

[email protected] 319-524-3560

Special Purpose
The Linchpin Link

- Troll Control

Offline Anonymous

• View Profile
They got another one
« Reply #25 on: August 27, 2005, 04:15:00 PM »
Thank you for the quick responses... keep them coming.

I will definitely contact Iowa's Board of Education and State Attorney General as quickly as possible.

I'll let you know what responses I get...

Offline tommyfromhyde1

• View Profile
They got another one
« Reply #26 on: August 27, 2005, 04:23:00 PM »
dysfunction junction wrote:
"What "school" offers a "warranty?"
Hyde School did in the '70s. Only it was voided
if your kid ran away! (Hyde's not lock-down)
 :wink:   :lol:

The divinity of Jesus is made a convenient cover for absurdity.
--John Adams, U.S. President

Offline Deborah

• View Profile
They got another one
« Reply #27 on: August 27, 2005, 04:26:00 PM »
Yeh, many do. But it's frequently refered to as a 'guarantee'.
Kids screws up, they'll take him/her back. In my situation the guarentee was void if the parent didn't send their kid to the traditional boarding school they recommended, post program.
gt;>>>>>>>>>>>>>><<<<<<<<<<<<<<
Hidden Lake Academy, after operating 12 years unlicensed will now be monitored by the state. Access information on the Federal Class Action lawsuit against HLA here: http://www.fornits.com/wwf/viewtopic.php?t=17700

Offline Anonymous

• View Profile
They got another one
« Reply #28 on: August 27, 2005, 07:52:00 PM »
In a nut shell, You are an Idoiot!! Overnut

Offline Anonymous

• View Profile
They got another one
« Reply #29 on: August 27, 2005, 09:06:00 PM »
what's an 'Idoiot'?

:rofl: