Author Topic: Why don't EX-STAFF take some ACCOUNTABILITY!?  (Read 3705 times)

Offline Anonymous

• View Profile
Why don't EX-STAFF take some ACCOUNTABILITY!?
« on: August 26, 2005, 03:10:00 PM »
I spent over a year locked up in a 'program' (jail). I notice there are ex-staff members that hang out on this site.

I am surprised at your casualness and willingness to joke around about those of us on the receiving end. It's not funny.

I'm sure you took the job not knowing what it was, right? Blah, blah, blah. You insisted on US taking accountability for every single problem in our family. You kept us locked up and emotionally tortured us until WE admitted everything was OUR fault. Even though this was not true.

Why don't you take accountability for YOUR actions?

You must realize there are kids out there who despise the fact you are even alive. Do you ever wonder why?

I hate staff posting about working at these places, and making it seem like they didn't really have a choice or something. You were looking for an easy job, a way to live the lifestyle you chose to live, and in turn found a job ABUSING children.

You should have quit at day one. You should have quit the day you saw your first 'takedown'.

I hope you all realize, some of us live with the abuse everyday of our lives. As much as we would like to move on, the anger persists.

You choose to blame the system, but you ARE the system.

Start taking some accountability for your actions. You are a willing tool in a corrupt, abusive, deadly system. Why?

Ex staff: stop joking around. It isn't funny. I understand why you are reluctant to reveal your real names. It shows you feel guilty.

Why do you think so many program survivors have NO problem posting their information on a site known to be surveiled by program (puke) spies? They have a clean conscience. Do you?
« Last Edit: December 31, 1969, 07:00:00 PM by Guest »

Offline Anonymous

• View Profile
« Reply #1 on: August 26, 2005, 03:11:00 PM »
You will never understand what it feels like to have zero control over your existence. You can try, but you will not.

No rights. NO advocacy, nothing.

Alone in the world, at the hands of abusive hick sadists.

This is not treatment. It's torture.

Why do parents insist on torturing their teens? WHY!?

Offline jdr7181

• View Profile
    • http://www.whataboutthekids.info
delete
« Reply #2 on: August 26, 2005, 09:37:00 PM »
delete
« Last Edit: November 03, 2009, 01:09:36 AM by jdr7181 »

Offline Anonymous

• View Profile
« Reply #3 on: August 26, 2005, 09:53:00 PM »
::noway::

Offline Anonymous

• View Profile
« Reply #4 on: August 26, 2005, 10:04:00 PM »
On 2005-08-26 18:37:00, jdr7181 wrote:

"I wonder, though, does it make you feel better to transfer all that hate and anger onto those of us who had nothing to do with what happened to you?"

No; becoming a marine has.  :tup:

Offline jdr7181

• View Profile
delete
« Reply #5 on: August 26, 2005, 10:06:00 PM »
delete
« Last Edit: November 03, 2009, 01:10:23 AM by jdr7181 »

Offline Antigen

• View Profile
    • http://wwf.Fornits.com/
« Reply #6 on: August 27, 2005, 09:54:00 AM »
Jack, try and understand this. We get these horrid stories coming out of the industry at a steady pace. The kind I'm talking about are the ones that any reasonable person would find shocking; unreported rapes, beatings, life threatening privations, unwarranted restraints and all that. Just when you think you've seen it all, another sad tale makes it's way through the filters to the public. They keep on coming consistently over the years and accross even international borders.

Now, you people in the industry seem to take the position that these are anomolies. If you had been in charge, why nothing like that would have happened. But you ignore the circumstances under which these overt, objective abuses occure. You think that, so long as you abide by company policy and don't cross any of those obvious lines that what you're doing is good an helpful. But the same things keep on happening again and again and you seem quite clueless about how that happens.

You might liken what you do to leeching or trepanation or Dr. Hazzard's starvation cure. Once upon a time, well intended practitioners--self appointed experts--would bleed quarts of blood from patients, cut holes in their skulls or just plain out starve them slowly for months, believing that what they were doing was therapy. And I'm sure you think that forcing a personal, rather intimate relationship onto a captive kid is therapeutic too.

Well, sorry, I don't care how many idiots in ties tell you otherwise, those of us who have had the "benefit" of such treatment have found it to be anything but therapeutic. Instead, it's traumatic, humiliating, breaking. And, as an aside, creates firtile ground for all kinds of power based abuses.

So I have no opinion one way or the other about the specific charges against you. But it wouldn't matter. The difference between physical, legally proscribed rape and legal, emotional/psyche rape is pretty nearly irrelavent. Matter of fact, having experienced both, I found the physical rape to be relly sort of a non issue.

Just having sincere and spontanious sympathy and understanding from the very first person I met after the physical rape made all the difference. The mindfuck? That's different. 25 years later and still, w/ few exceptions, only those who've been through it themselves seem to really understand.

The plans of true believers for our lives may well be better than our own when judged against some abstract official standard, but to deny people their personal struggles is to render existence absurd.
http://www.johntaylorgatto.com/chapters/6n.htm' target='_new'>John Taylor Gatto

"Don\'t let the past remind us of what we are not now."
~ Crosby Stills Nash & Young, Sweet Judy Blue Eyes

Offline OverLordd

• View Profile
« Reply #7 on: August 27, 2005, 10:08:00 AM »
You understand that not every single person who ever worked at any facility ever is a bad person, don't you? There are good facilities. There are good facility staff. There are way too many bad facilities and bad staff. I wish that wasn't so, but railing against other people and calling them child rapists on their websites doesn't change what happened to you. I wonder, though, does it make you feel better to transfer all that hate and anger onto those of us who had nothing to do with what happened to you?

I disagree, these people are bad people, you have to look at it this way. These people partisipated in a industry where people died, rights were taken away. Health and food were neglected in order to break a persons spirit, so they could be "Fixed". You understand if I began this statement with in world war II you would think of japanese camps or german camps. But its happening in our world today. The councselors say they care, but they let it happen, they just laugh at kids in pain, trade stories about it, and take away any privacy the kids have. Like you pointed out they are blinded and think they don't have to take any active responsibility. I think only TSW has done it, and for that I respect him greatly. But as bad as the orginizers and administrators are, the councliers are just as bad becuase of what they do. Its not transphering any hate, its making you take responsiblity for your actions.

P.S.

GO ARMY HOOAH
our walking down a hallway, you turn left, you turn right. BRICK WALL!

GAH!!!!

Yeah, hes a survivor.

Offline Shortbus

• View Profile
« Reply #8 on: August 27, 2005, 10:20:00 AM »
And all cops are bad because some kill people and everyone in the army is bad because some soldiers kill people. All lawyers are bad blah blah blah. All schools are bad because I didnt get good grades. All restaurants are bad because I had a bad meal in one last week. All college students are stupid because some of them binge drink and die.

And how do you know that counselors laugh at kids in pain and tell stories about it. You been hanging out with some wilderness instructors again?
ts never too late to procrastinate

Offline OverLordd

• View Profile
« Reply #9 on: August 27, 2005, 10:32:00 AM »
And all cops are bad because some kill people and everyone in the army is bad because some soldiers kill people. All lawyers are bad blah blah blah. All schools are bad because I didnt get good grades. All restaurants are bad because I had a bad meal in one last week. All college students are stupid because some of them binge drink and die.

And how do you know that counselors laugh at kids in pain and tell stories about it. You been hanging out with some wilderness instructors again?

No, not all cops are bad, not all army is bad and not all lawyers are bad... You miss this idea. The cops, the lawyers, the resturants, and the army all of these places are good and nobel to a extent, its not a corrupt industry. The teen industry its self is corupt to the core. When you get a corrupt industry, you get corrupt people, because when you work at a dirty place, you cant help but get dirty.

Yes, you and TSW, you two tell quiet alot of stories.
our walking down a hallway, you turn left, you turn right. BRICK WALL!

GAH!!!!

Yeah, hes a survivor.

Offline Shortbus

• View Profile
« Reply #10 on: August 27, 2005, 10:39:00 AM »
Go back through my posts and you show me where Ive talked about laughing at kids in pain or inflicting pain? And maybe you miss the point. There are a lot of people that think all cops are bad and corrupt. That the military is bad because your job is to either kill people or to support someone that does. Are you throwing Outward Bound and NOLS into the mix? Are you throwing college prep schools into the mix? Youve never said where you draw the line. Or is it anyone thats being paid to take care of kids. Because it they take money, its a business and therefore its corrupt and only thinking about ways to steal more money from parents.

Offline Anonymous

• View Profile
« Reply #11 on: August 27, 2005, 11:51:00 AM »
The anon poster didnt mention any names, why do you think theyre talking about you?

Offline Shortbus

• View Profile
« Reply #12 on: August 27, 2005, 01:35:00 PM »
It was in response to Overlordds post. It was in response to "Yes, you and TSW, you tell quite a lot of stories."

I had to go back seven or eight posts to get to another anon besides you.

Offline Antigen

• View Profile
    • http://wwf.Fornits.com/
« Reply #13 on: August 28, 2005, 03:39:00 PM »
Short bus, not all cops are actively, directly involved in graft, unwarranted violence or other overt forms of corruption. But it's a rare one who's willing to rat out their fellow officers who are directly involved. Many good people quit the police business because it's so damned corrupt, leaving the people of lower character to continue doing the job.

All in all, I'd say that law enforcement in America has got some serious, systemic problems. But don't take my word for it. You can hear it straight from some well respected former officers, DA's and judges themselves at http://leap.cc/ Good damned thing these guys are willing to start the monumental taks of taking out their own trash. If we had to do it ourselves, it would be a lot more ugly.

The troubled parent industry is very much like that. I can't tell you how much I apreciate former staffers and parents who are willing to suffer the slings and arrows to speak truthfully about the industry. Despite that fact that I often disagree w/ you guys on minor points, that you're willing to break that bogus vow of silence speaks volumes about your character. So write on!

I cannot imagine a God who rewards and punishes the objects of his creation, whose purposes are modeled after our own -- a God, in short, who is but a reflection of human frailty. Neither can I believe that the individual survives the death of his body, although feeble souls harbor such thoughts through fear or ridiculous egotism.
--Albert Einstein, German-born American physicist

"Don\'t let the past remind us of what we are not now."
~ Crosby Stills Nash & Young, Sweet Judy Blue Eyes

Offline jdr7181

• View Profile
delete
« Reply #14 on: August 28, 2005, 05:00:00 PM »
delete
« Last Edit: November 03, 2009, 01:10:50 AM by jdr7181 »