Author Topic: How can i get a hold of my file from str8  (Read 3636 times)

Offline starry-eyed pirate

• View Profile
How can i get a hold of my file from str8
« Reply #15 on: August 27, 2005, 11:28:00 PM »
i'm not even quite sure why i am so interested.  On one hand there is some or alot of clinical information which is my personal property, on the other hand that file represents somethin' to me.
« Last Edit: December 31, 1969, 07:00:00 PM by Guest »
If you would have justice in this world, then begin to see that a human being is not a means to some end.  People are not commodities.  When human beings are just to one another government becomes obsolete and real freedom is born; SPIRITUAL ANARCHY.

Offline str8tohell

• View Profile
« Reply #16 on: August 28, 2005, 12:52:00 AM »
I spoke with some of the lawyers who took on straight and was told that they were sort of set up like cell organizations and that when each individual center was shut down they 'got rid of their files' and so I was s.o.l. cause I couldn't prove anything.

Offline Anonymous

• View Profile
« Reply #17 on: August 28, 2005, 01:46:00 AM »
Like I said previously...the place is closed...gone...not here anymore. There is no "file" to find or retrieve.  The only file left is your memory.

Granted it would be a pretty cool exprience to go back in time and look through your file, but it ain't happening.  That Drug Free America Foundation, Inc. thing (recent post) is a bunch of poo.

S

Offline taureana

• View Profile
« Reply #18 on: September 15, 2005, 03:04:00 PM »
In 1992 I worked at a rehab called FirStep, in Carrolton, TX.  The founder of FirStep had been a prior executive staff member at Dallas Straight, after it had moved to Las Colinas.  He was not on staff during my program, and FirStep began after Dallas Straight had been shut down.

There was a back room in this place that had some of the client files from Dallas Straight.  But this was not a complete collection.  My file, for instance was not there.  When I had inquired about why he had the files, etc., I was told that it was all confidential information since they were not clients of FirStep.  I, still being very programmed, obeyed mindlessly.  FirStep was not open for very long.

Heath Dunkin worked there, I think he was there when FirStep closed.  Also was a man by the name of Wes Kitchens, who I later worked with at Sundown Ranch in Canton, TX.  It seems like Wes had said he had boxes of stuff, not sure whether it was stuff from Straight or FirStep, and I would have no idea how to get in touch with any of these people.  

I sometimes have a history of burning my bridges.......

Offline the wet noodle

• View Profile
« Reply #19 on: September 15, 2005, 03:17:00 PM »
I would love to see my intake picture...I was wearing an Iron Maiden tee shirt and had long curly hair...

When I was being restrained they stuck the pic in front of me to bring up "feelings"...all it did was make me want to hear some Maiden!!!!

I started singing "Run to the Hills...run for you lives!!!"
our Anger is a Gift

Offline Antigen

• View Profile
    • http://wwf.Fornits.com/
« Reply #20 on: September 15, 2005, 04:16:00 PM »
You'll never get your records, unless by chance. When I asked DFAF for mine, I was told they had all been destroyed. Then Sammie got some ink on foxnews.com by way of Radley Balko. Suddenly, someone called up his boss threatening to use her Straight record to prove she was lying (as if anything those brainwashed teenagers may have written in there could constitute proof of anything)

Fact is, the people who may or may not own those records will lie, cheat, steal and possibly murder to protect their interests.

When we are pleading with foreign governments to stop the flow of cocaine, it is the height of hypocrisy for the US to export tobacco.  Years from now, our nation will look back on this application of free trade policy and find it scandalous.

1989 testimony before the US Trade Representative,September 1989
--Surgeon General, Everett Koop

"Don\'t let the past remind us of what we are not now."
~ Crosby Stills Nash & Young, Sweet Judy Blue Eyes

Offline Anonymous

• View Profile
« Reply #21 on: September 15, 2005, 06:35:00 PM »
On 2005-09-15 12:17:00, the wet noodle wrote:

"I would love to see my intake picture...I was wearing an Iron Maiden tee shirt and had long curly hair..."

i'd like to see that picture too.  :em:

Offline Jonathan B

• View Profile
« Reply #22 on: September 18, 2005, 07:49:00 AM »
In Massachusetts, the program is required to inform the state of the storage facility that the files will be stored at when it closes.

May be the same in Virginia. In fact, I think my file is in Virginia somewhere.

Offline twilite

• View Profile
« Reply #23 on: September 19, 2005, 12:27:00 AM »
lol, I had devils locks and those bastards shaved my head and Lael C. took my clothes when she commenced. I would really like to get my file too, medical records have to be maintained for 30 years! (federal law) I wonder if it is possible that they archived the files I just don't see how this could be legal.............I had to take medical law and ethics in college......

Offline Fr. Cassian

• View Profile
    • http://goat.cx
« Reply #24 on: September 19, 2005, 08:15:00 AM »
Why worry about your old files when you can get a brand-new file by signing in to SIBS!!!!!

Love ya!

Have a seat......
I am a priest of GOD!