Author Topic: The ecstasy epidemic  (Read 5841 times)

Offline Hamiltonf

• View Profile
The ecstasy epidemic
« Reply #30 on: December 17, 2002, 12:33:00 AM »
On 2002-12-16 07:05:00, Tampa survivor wrote:
"Hamilton> read my past posts.  I think you can easily see where I stand on many things.
Do you have some conection to the straights?  
Just curious too.

No, I have no connection, except that my son pointed out this forum some considerable time ago, and I recently rediscovered it when following up on referrals to AARC.    

Sparing you guys the finer points of hyponatremia, yall are right.  Too much water= bad.

Actually, read about the water intoxication thing on some site like Erowid.  Confirmed by my daughter who is a harm-reduction activist and is working towards doing graduate work in pharmacology.  She has read and is able to critique, scientifically every research paper that seems to be available to date on ecstacy and has written papers for her undergraduate courses on the subject.

Add street shit with whoodafuck knows whats in it= REAL BAD
Philisopical opposition to the ban on certain drugs can clash with reality when you see an intubated 15 year old with cheerleaders and football players crying outside the room wishing their friend would wake up.

On the other hand, this should lend strength to the argument as to why the drug war is failing, namely that scare tactics and lies don't work.  When you have a Drug Czar running around telling you that pot is so dangerous and everyone knows it isn't, people just stop listening.  Sure kids will experiment, but at that age, they are just beginning to realise they've been lied to.  
You have to get away from the assumption that all drug use is abuse, and I'm afraid there is a long way to go before the US is going to get away from that moralistic viewpoint.  
Walk softly, and carry a big stick
« Last Edit: December 31, 1969, 07:00:00 PM by Guest »
uote of the Year
The Bush administration has succeeded in making the United States one of the most feared and hated countries in the world. The talent of these guys is unbelievable. They have even succeeded at alienating Canada. I mean, that takes ge

Offline Anonymous

• View Profile
The ecstasy epidemic
« Reply #31 on: December 17, 2002, 12:57:00 AM »
On 2002-12-16 21:33:00, Hamiltonf wrote:
 Add street shit with whoodafuck knows whats in it= REAL BAD
Philisopical opposition to the ban on certain drugs can clash with reality when you see an intubated 15 year old with cheerleaders and football players crying outside the room wishing their friend would wake up.

On the other hand, this should lend strength to the argument as to why the drug war is failing, namely that scare tactics and lies don't work.  When you have a Drug Czar running around telling you that pot is so dangerous and everyone knows it isn't, people just stop listening.  Sure kids will experiment, but at that age, they are just beginning to realise they've been lied to.  
You have to get away from the assumption that all drug use is abuse, and I'm afraid there is a long way to go before the US is going to get away from that moralistic viewpoint.  
Walk softly, and carry a big stick"

Also, the whothefuckknows factor dissapears in a legal, regulated market.

Offline Tampa survivor

• View Profile
The ecstasy epidemic
« Reply #32 on: December 17, 2002, 09:01:00 AM »
Yeah, but it still won't make hallucinegenic amphetamines safe and helpful for you when used in high enough doses to get a good roll.  
I see it like cocaine:  It is NOT good for people.  It is  harmfull.  No denial of these facts.
I like weed.  It has lots of things we can call benefits.  But facts are, it is bad for the lungs.  Undeniable.  

If drugs are legal (cheap and pure) it simply means that the crackhead won't be driving crime up in my neighborhood to get $$ to get drug.

Overall...if ya wanna fry your noodles on anything at all, go ahead.  Just don't let your freedom to do so interfere with my freedom to know better.  
BTW, I have been a legalize it freedom lover for longer than most.  We are making the drug suppliers rich on the backs of simple folk's habits.
Bill
Bill H
St Pete & Atlanta, never surrendered!
12/80-12/82

Offline Antigen

• View Profile
    • http://wwf.Fornits.com/
The ecstasy epidemic
« Reply #33 on: December 17, 2002, 11:33:00 AM »
Well, actually MJ is bad for parts of your lungs but beneficial to others. It's also very good for treating asthma.

Everything in this world is dangerous. Sky diving is dangerous. So is skiing and mountain climbing and horseback riding, extreme sports, football, racing... and the list goes on.

I know that our bodies were made to thrive only in pure air, and the scenes in which pure air is found.
-- John Muir

"Don\'t let the past remind us of what we are not now."
~ Crosby Stills Nash & Young, Sweet Judy Blue Eyes

Offline ClayL

• View Profile
The ecstasy epidemic
« Reply #34 on: December 19, 2002, 08:53:00 AM »
I believe the democrat darling Bill "I didn't inhale" Clinton, did more damage to civil rights and escalated the drug war more than ALL the republicans before him.

Offline Tampa survivor

• View Profile
The ecstasy epidemic
« Reply #35 on: December 19, 2002, 11:24:00 PM »
Once again, Clay hits it.
10 years of higher mj busts/convictions than ever before.
More death sentences.
More federal encroachment on states rights through burgeoning federal agencies.
Remember the clipper chip?
How about Clintons attack on habeus corpus?
Yeah, democrats are way better than republicans.
They are both shit.
Bill
PS  Lott should hide his face and go back to Missisipi and be a lobbyist.
Bill H
St Pete & Atlanta, never surrendered!
12/80-12/82

Offline kosmonaut

• View Profile
    • http://www.5minutestolive.com/qtGIMME.html
The ecstasy epidemic
« Reply #36 on: December 20, 2002, 03:07:00 PM »

On 2002-12-19 20:24:00, Tampa survivor wrote:

PS  Lott should hide his face and go back to Missisipi and be a lobbyist."

As of today he will be doing just that.  He is officially resigning, or so I heard on the news this morning.

:wave:

That's one less strange hairdo in D.C.   :silly:

[ This Message was edited by: kosmonaut on 2002-12-20 12:07 ]
AR CRASH TURNS FROWN UPSIDE DOWN