Author Topic: Concern for a "student"  (Read 29192 times)

Offline Antigen

• View Profile
    • http://wwf.Fornits.com/
Concern for a "student"
« Reply #15 on: August 11, 2005, 10:55:00 PM »
On 2005-08-11 17:02:00, Anonymous wrote:

Ginger has no problem posting the places and giving out information regarding posters that does let people reading the thread know who is posting.

For example?

In order to live free and happily you must sacrifice boredom. It is not always an easy sacrifice.
-- Richard Bach

« Last Edit: December 31, 1969, 07:00:00 PM by Guest »
"Don\'t let the past remind us of what we are not now."
~ Crosby Stills Nash & Young, Sweet Judy Blue Eyes

Offline Antigen

• View Profile
Concern for a "student"
« Reply #16 on: August 11, 2005, 10:59:00 PM »
On 2005-08-11 14:53:00, Truth Searcher wrote:

If you can figure out who the hell "Paul" is, then perhaps you can figure out who the hell I am. Not a chance I choose to take.

Paul introduced himself as Paul Cummings, mental health advocate from San Fran. Nobody outed the guy. He's made himself a public figure.

Nobody's going to know who you are based on the name of the school you're talking about. And it certainly would make it easier for everyone involved to discuss the place in a meaningful way.

The law in its majestic equality, forbids all men to sleep under bridges, to beg in the streets, and to steal bread - the rich as well as the poor

--Anatole France

Offline Deborah

• View Profile
Concern for a "student"
« Reply #17 on: August 11, 2005, 11:08:00 PM »
I stand corrected. I didn't out him in terms of exposing his identity. But, he was not just a lowly mental health advocate from San Diego. That is what I exposed.
http://www.fornits.com/wwf/viewtopic.ph ... 11&forum=9
gt;>>>>>>>>>>>>>><<<<<<<<<<<<<<
Hidden Lake Academy, after operating 12 years unlicensed will now be monitored by the state. Access information on the Federal Class Action lawsuit against HLA here: http://www.fornits.com/wwf/viewtopic.php?t=17700

Offline Anonymous

• View Profile
Concern for a "student"
« Reply #18 on: August 11, 2005, 11:12:00 PM »
"Nobody's going to know who you are based on the name of the school you're talking about. And it certainly would make it easier for everyone involved to discuss the place in a meaningful way."
Yeah, but the subject isn't the school where he put his kid .. unless it was an abusive "Christian" place in a small town in very northern Montana

Offline Truth Searcher

• View Profile
Concern for a "student"
« Reply #19 on: August 12, 2005, 07:47:00 AM »
OK.... well we really got off track.

I came looking for advise, from people who have some insider understanding of less than reputable programs.  I have suspicious about the tactics used at New Horizons Youth Camp in Rexford Montana.  I have utilized the advise offered here.  I turned up nothing.

How we ended up on Paul Cummings and MY daughters program I haven't a clue.

And perhaps in time I will chose to disclose my daughters experience.  But for the time being I choose not to.  Imagine yourselves on a home-schooling forum, with parents who abhor the thoughts of a public education.  And imagine being asked to disclose the name of the public school where they attend.  And in your limited experience (with this said forum)you feel that the public school is going to be torn to shreds and your position/decision as a parent is going to be hung out to dry.  So that is my position..... and I stand by it.

Thanks for listening.
quot;The test of the morality of a society is what is does for it\'s children\"

Deitrich Bonhoeffer

Offline Shortbus

• View Profile
Concern for a "student"
« Reply #20 on: August 12, 2005, 09:10:00 AM »
Just curious why youd spend so much time getting information about where someone elses kid is. But would you send your kid somewhere that is run by "christian zealots"?

The site for the program is vague, the people who own it have no cred and the site doesnt even list a church affiliation. Give me a contact for the parents that sent their kid there - Ive got a bridge to sell them.
ts never too late to procrastinate

Offline Truth Searcher

• View Profile
Concern for a "student"
« Reply #21 on: August 12, 2005, 10:11:00 AM »
I'm researching this facility because before I go to them with my concerns, I want to have something more concrete to offer than my "red flags".  Seems reasonable doesn't it?  I mean, if someone came to me with concerns about decisions I had made as a parent, I would hope they would come with more information than a "hunch".  I would rather be guided by facts, not feelings.  More dependable.

My research did turn up the church they affiliate with.  So my next step is to call the church/pastor and get some feedback.

I don't know that being a Christian zealot is necessarily a bad thing.  Lots of people I respect may have been considered Christian zealots.  But, that's a whole other can of worms isn't it?
[ This Message was edited by: Truth Searcher on 2005-08-12 07:11 ]

Deitrich Bonhoeffer

Offline Antigen

• View Profile
Concern for a "student"
« Reply #22 on: August 12, 2005, 12:09:00 PM »
On 2005-08-12 04:47:00, Truth Searcher wrote:

And perhaps in time I will chose to disclose my daughters experience.

Personally, I'd rather hear from her directly.

I know you believe you understand what you think I said, but I'm not sure you realize that what you heard was not what I meant.

---Richard Nixon

Offline Anonymous

• View Profile
Concern for a "student"
« Reply #23 on: August 12, 2005, 12:37:00 PM »
TruthSearcher- don't disclose anything on this forum.  They just want to do some sleuthing and figure out who you are and then slam you.  Check out the thread called Welcome to our Troll or something like that and the one called KareninDallas.  They managed to post a phone number for a total stranger.

Offline Deborah

• View Profile
Concern for a "student"
« Reply #24 on: August 12, 2005, 01:12:00 PM »
In your first post you said:

For unruly boys they shackle them to a pole "until they calm down". They "feed and water them" at the pole.

No therapist on staff. Therapy is an extra charge and requires a trip into town.

They are "home schooled". In other words, no certified teachers on the premises.

The night they arrived the boys were eating Tuna Helper. Cheap yes, but nutritious? NOT!

They spend their days baling hay and building more dorms for future students.

All this for the cost of $4200/month.  

Assuming that you got that information from the parents, what would warrant concern in their eyes?
Hidden Lake Academy, after operating 12 years unlicensed will now be monitored by the state. Access information on the Federal Class Action lawsuit against HLA here: http://www.fornits.com/wwf/viewtopic.php?t=17700

Offline Deborah

• View Profile
Concern for a "student"
« Reply #25 on: August 12, 2005, 01:17:00 PM »
***They managed to post a phone number for a total stranger.

'THEY'? Suggesting a conspiracy? One poster, who later apologized did that.
And I can assure you that it would never have happened had she not annonymously lumped everyone together (as you are) and slandered the entire site.
Thought you folks were on board with tough love and consequences.
Yeh, yeh... I know. What's good for the kid is not good for the parent.

Offline Anonymous

• View Profile
Concern for a "student"
« Reply #26 on: August 12, 2005, 01:31:00 PM »
Deborah is psycho.

Offline Nihilanthic

• View Profile
Concern for a "student"
« Reply #27 on: August 12, 2005, 01:55:00 PM »
http://www.nizkor.org/features/fallacie ... minem.html

:wstupid:

When an innocent Californian millionaire gets killed by a drug squad
trying to seize his house with a bogus search warrant, people better ask themselves if they really want to turn their cops into money-makers.
--Vancouver Police Const. Gil Puder

DannyB on the internet:I CALLED A LAWYER TODAY TO SEE IF I COULD SUE YOUR ASSES FOR DOING THIS BUT THAT WAS NOT POSSIBLE.

CCMGirl on program restraints: "DON\'T TAZ ME BRO!!!!!"

TheWho on program survivors: "From where I sit I see all the anit-program[sic] people doing all the complaining and crying."

Offline Troll Control

• View Profile
Concern for a "student"
« Reply #28 on: August 12, 2005, 02:03:00 PM »
On 2005-08-12 10:31:00, Anonymous wrote:

"Deborah is psycho."

Is this what passes for your excuse at a rational argument?  Isn't it true that you're only posting garbage like this because you can't answer simple questions asked of you?

Are you afraid you're going to look stupid?  If so, you already do, so you might as well take a risk and try to explain your position like an adult.

So, ok, Deborah is a psycho, and you're an asshole.  Let's call it even then.

Now, would you please name the program you support and specific reasons why you support it?

If you're not going to answer the questions asked of you, simply SHUT THE FUCK UP and stop bloating the bandwidth with your childish statements.
The Linchpin Link

Whooter - The Most Prolific Troll Fornits Has Ever Seen - The Definitive Links
**********************************************************************************************************
"Looks like a nasty aspentrolius sticci whooterensis infestation you got there, Ms. Fornits.  I\'ll get right to work."

- Troll Control

Offline Truth Searcher

• View Profile
Concern for a "student"
« Reply #29 on: August 12, 2005, 04:51:00 PM »
On 2005-08-12 09:14:00, Three Springs Waygookin wrote:

" The experiences your daughter went through are hers, and hers alone to share.  

Afraid that I have a bit of a differing opinion.  Her experience is hers ~ that is true.  But, it was not hers alone.

When she was hurting, I was there holding her hand and drying her tears.  When she was stoned into unconsciousness, I was the one who rode in the ambulance.  I was the one who cleaned up the vomit from one too many beers.

Her CHOICES were and still are hers alone.  But, when your a mom, you suffer the consequences right along with them.  

That's what family does.  Rejoices with you.  And sometimes suffers with you.

Perhaps I misspoke myself when I said I may share her experiences (as in telling you all her story).  I could only share the experience of parenting her.  But, make no mistake, I "shared" her experiences and by remaining a part of her life, I always will.

Deitrich Bonhoeffer