Author Topic: Suicide at The Family Foundation School  (Read 2383 times)

Offline P.E.N.1

• View Profile
Suicide at The Family Foundation School
« on: August 08, 2005, 02:15:00 PM »
THe news that I read about this awful tradgedy saddend me to the very core. to Imagine not only what the parents must of felt, but the other students that were there during this time. I was wondering if anyone knows anymore information other than what The Family School had reported to the paper. If I was the parent of that teen, I would at least be making sure that the school was no way liable for my childs life. I know that this school believes that all kids are manipulative and liars. When this teenager mentioned that he felt suicidal shouldn't the staff then keep close watch on him? I mean did the kid just all of a sudden run and jump through the window with no hesitation? If my son were dead I wouldnt just believe what the school tells me, I mean of course they would never tell anyone that they were careless and thats why he died. I could be wrong, and hope to God I am but I susspect that this could have been prevented. That poor kid  to think that his only  way out was death, and that death was  better than life anywhere including the FFS. I also believe that probly all these kids feel the same feeling of complete and total powerlessness and despair. It makes me sick to imagine the feeling that they feel, when they go to bed at night, laying there thinking "what the fuck" . Anyway, I do know that if any of those staff members are guilty of ignoring the pleas of this child, God help there soul for they will have hell to pay. I mean no disrepect for this subject in no way at all, Just wondering if anyone knows any facts after the tradgedy . :???:
« Last Edit: December 31, 1969, 07:00:00 PM by Guest »
People who live by the sword, get shot by people who don\'t. The second ammendment isn\'t about duck hunting!\"

Offline Anonymous

• View Profile
« Reply #1 on: August 08, 2005, 07:06:00 PM »
This is old news, everyone involved has moved on, suggest you do the same.

Offline Anonymous

• View Profile
« Reply #2 on: August 08, 2005, 08:16:00 PM »
Pretty rude, maybe the person just heard about this.

Offline Anonymous

• View Profile
« Reply #3 on: August 08, 2005, 08:25:00 PM »
yeah, that is really heartless.  It doesn't matter if it happened yesterday or thousands of years ago, a tragedy is a tragedy and it's still really sad.  No child should have to go out that way.

Offline Deborah

• View Profile
« Reply #4 on: August 08, 2005, 08:37:00 PM »
Look... One of the 'primary' selling points of bm warehouses is that they have the manpower to provide supervision 24/7/365, which the parent 'can't'.

Now if that's what you're selling, then you damn well should deliver the goods. Why weren't there bars on the windows? Why was a suicidal kid on any floor other than ground? There are lots of questions that should be contemplated.

Ultimately parents need to know the truth- no program can assure you that your kid will not die, by suicide or staff restraints or medical neglect or mishaps while attempting to run or legit accidents.

Honestly, I'm surprised there aren't more suicides, but glad there aren't.
gt;>>>>>>>>>>>>>><<<<<<<<<<<<<<
Hidden Lake Academy, after operating 12 years unlicensed will now be monitored by the state. Access information on the Federal Class Action lawsuit against HLA here: http://www.fornits.com/wwf/viewtopic.php?t=17700

Offline P.E.N.1

• View Profile
« Reply #5 on: August 08, 2005, 08:48:00 PM »
Look dumbass, I know it's old news but my questions are did anyone hear anything from the parents? Perhaps they visited this site? I did not know about this industry until recently. If it's such old news then why when I search this site for information about the FFS I can  only find 2 things mentioned on this paticular subject. You should be ashamed for your ignorance...old news... is that what you say about 9/11 also? We must remember the past so we do not repeat it. No one should forget about this, one death is 1 too many.Do you hear about kids killing themselves at any other schools?Well I havent, excluding the trenchcoat mafia thing. Even then do people say its old news, move on? tell that to the residence in Colorado...
People who live by the sword, get shot by people who don\'t. The second ammendment isn\'t about duck hunting!\"

Offline P.E.N.1

• View Profile
« Reply #6 on: August 08, 2005, 08:50:00 PM »
this was suppose to go with that up there..whatever
On 2005-08-08 16:06:00, Anonymous wrote:

"This is old news, everyone involved has moved on, suggest you do the same."
[ This Message was edited by: P.E.N.1 on 2005-08-08 17:50 ]

Offline Anonymous

• View Profile
« Reply #7 on: August 09, 2005, 09:01:00 PM »
On 2005-08-08 17:48:00, P.E.N.1 wrote:

"Do you hear about kids killing themselves at any other schools?Well I havent, excluding the trenchcoat mafia thing. Even then do people say its old news, move on? tell that to the residence in Colorado..."

I've heard about suicides at WWASPs and Provo Canyon, and many suicides from kids who left programs and for whatever reason found it too hard to go on. It's so sad to think that the situation made the children THAT hopeless that they found taking their own life the only way out. =(

Offline Nonconformistlaw

• View Profile
    • http://survivingstraightinc.com
« Reply #8 on: August 09, 2005, 10:28:00 PM »
Some of ths things you listed TSW make perfect sense to me, like 3, 4, 6 and 7.

But, I have a few questions about #1 - could you elaborate a little?? I'm getting a pretty ugly picture in my mind about the whole rope thing. I dont think I understand this one right. And, what is the point of the rope? I dont get it, and last, what are the drastic consequences?

#2---great, humilate a kid who is already in a fragile emotional state

the shower and bathroom supervision, God that gives me the creeps...:scared: Straight flashback, only that was routine practice for all 1st phasers daily

#5 I dont get it, what's the point???

Why do programs monitor them in such a degrading way that could worsen a kid's state of extreme despair???

Anyway....I realize they should monitor suicidal kids very closely...and damn well better take all reasonable precautions.
quot;In a time of universal deceit, telling the truth becomes a revolutionary act.\" George Orwell

Offline Nonconformistlaw

• View Profile
« Reply #9 on: August 09, 2005, 10:46:00 PM »
I like the part about for the suicidal kids making them be your assistant for the week. Sounds kind of like a healthy buddy system to encourage them to reach out for help in the right ways and deal with what is on their mind. Sends a great message... "I'm looking after you because I care..." And God knows they REALLY need praise! LIKE IT ::rainbow::
quot;In a time of universal deceit, telling the truth becomes a revolutionary act.\" George Orwell

Offline P.E.N.1

• View Profile
« Reply #10 on: August 09, 2005, 10:48:00 PM »
Personaly If I couldnt get my kid out  of these types of schools( which I am familiar to this situation) I would rather have someone watching them no matter what! I definatly would rather deal with secondary problems after the "program" then be making funreal arrangements, if you know what I mean. It is OBVIOUS that the FFS did not take all the precautions they could because...well......uh...oh ya ,its old news

Offline Nonconformistlaw

• View Profile
« Reply #11 on: August 09, 2005, 11:12:00 PM »
As much as I dont agree with methods like those listed above and think programs should use methods to protect them that dont involve humilitaion, etc...you have a point :sad:  As horrid as the secondary effects are, as a parent, I'm sure I'd prefer my kid alive and damaged than dead. But, I just cant bring myself to approve of methods that strip them of their dignity.

And you're right about something you said in another post...one dead kid is one too many. I dont care if its old news either...it still matters...

Offline P.E.N.1

• View Profile
« Reply #12 on: August 10, 2005, 04:40:00 AM »
Thank you :smile: and I don't agree either with the degrading tactics they use. It wouldn't be so bad if they only used it on only suicide watch, but you and I both know it's probly these things that drive a non suicidal tendency kid off the edge!

Offline Anonymous

• View Profile
« Reply #13 on: August 11, 2005, 01:00:00 AM »
When a child commits suicide after a program, often those who run the programs will actually tell the parents that the suicide occured because they left too soon. This happens all of the time.
We only hear about a few of these. Often they don't even get reported. Especially the suicides of those who have been in programs in the past. Most of the survivors suffer from PTSD as a result of the brutal behavior modification that is characteristic of most programs.

Offline Nonconformistlaw

• View Profile
« Reply #14 on: August 11, 2005, 10:19:00 PM »
Anonymous said----"When a child commits suicide after a program, often those who run the programs will actually tell the parents that the suicide occured because they left too soon. This happens all of the time."----

Yup, programs blame the child for not "applying the program" or blame the parent for taking them out before they had "changed."

Programs never admit fault...its so ironic that they are the ones preaching "take responsibility" yet they never do...Programs are so hypocritical...