Author Topic: all programs soon to be shut down  (Read 3769 times)

Offline bandit1978

• View Profile
all programs soon to be shut down
« Reply #15 on: August 06, 2005, 04:04:00 AM »
Okay, you want to have a real professional, respectable program?  Instead of employing local hillbillies to rein fear, get yourself a staff of RNs and MDs, and maybe a medical technician or 2, who can check vital signs or things like that (when you've got kids on all those meds, you need to have close medical supervision.). Professional medical staff have a very clear understanding about what treatments are ethical vs. unethical, or just plain legal vs. illegal.  Have them create the care plans, and have the nursing staff work on the units, primary caregivers to the kids.  Also have a staff of real school teachers, to teach classes like at a normal school.  

THe reason many of these schools are fucked up, is because the staff is fucked up, and they have no idea what they are doing.  Bring in some professionals.
« Last Edit: December 31, 1969, 07:00:00 PM by Guest »
egan Flynn
RN
Survivor- Provo Canyon School

Offline Anonymous

• View Profile
« Reply #16 on: August 06, 2005, 02:16:00 PM »
Hey Bandit,

How do we stop the madness?  You live in DC, your in the healthcare industry and you're in the know.  What does it take to take down an entire subindustry?

Your recommendations on Physicians, nurses and aids is healthy. Psychologists and psychiatrists should also be foremost in treatment.  Would be interesting to see how many of the "patients" weren't the primary patient, but the parents were the real patient(s) that needed help.

Offline Anonymous

• View Profile
« Reply #17 on: August 06, 2005, 02:33:00 PM »
QUOTE: its happening, a board of independent psychologists have decided wwasp programs are safe effective! Sorry guys mission failed!

OK, where's the proof? What board of "independent" psychologists? The ones who work for WWASP and other programs, like Thayer, Mission Mountain, and so forth?

Show us the proof. If the board of independent psychologists decided WWASP is safe and effective then let us know who they are and post their opinions here for all to see.

Otherwise, nice try and go away!

Offline Nihilanthic

• View Profile
« Reply #18 on: August 06, 2005, 03:15:00 PM »
On 2005-08-05 21:30:00, Anonymous wrote:

"The program's goal is to not to "save the lives of America's most troubled youth". The program's goal and purpose is to make you believe you've been saved

What the heck are you talking about believing i've been saved, lets take a look at the results and decide for ourselves:

Pre-program:

-Completely out of control from the time I was 12 through the time I entered the program at 17.

- Dropped out of highschool at 16, when I finally did graduate I had a 2.1 gpa.

- Daily drug use including marijuana, cocaine, lds, shrooms, and pcp.

- Several arrests for petty to violent crimes.

After graduation:

-  I am currently a senior in college mantaining a 4.0 gpa with a double major in psych and social work, and a minor in spanish.

- Planning on attending Columbia or Harvard for graduate school next year.

- Very close relationships with my parents.

- Very happily married.

- Currently valedictorian at my college for the senior class.

- Member of several academic honor societies.

- Own and operate sucesful internet based business.

Now I know that you guys may say that these results are no reflection of my year in the program, however I strongly contend that they are a direct relfection, no i'm not programmed I have just chosen to apply the tools learned in the program in my life which has created lots of sucess for me.  Out of curiosity where are you guys at in your lives?  I'd be really interested to know, are you using drugs? Smoking? Attending college?  GPA?

"

Daily drug use including marijuana, cocaine, lds, shrooms, and pcp <- my fucking ass, sorry. LOL. Thats got to be the biggest load of crap Ive ever heard of. I mean god damn man, for one how could you afford it? Plus if youre on a LSD trip why would you need any other drugs?

Now, as far as being on "LDS" instead of "LSD", Im  definitely glad you kicked THAT habit  :grin:

If a woman has to choose between catching a fly ball and saving an infant's life, she will choose to save the infant's life without even considering if there are men on base.
-- Dave Barry

DannyB on the internet:I CALLED A LAWYER TODAY TO SEE IF I COULD SUE YOUR ASSES FOR DOING THIS BUT THAT WAS NOT POSSIBLE.

CCMGirl on program restraints: "DON\'T TAZ ME BRO!!!!!"

TheWho on program survivors: "From where I sit I see all the anit-program[sic] people doing all the complaining and crying."

Offline Anonymous

• View Profile
« Reply #19 on: August 06, 2005, 03:20:00 PM »
badit said  "Instead of employing local hillbillies to rein fear, get yourself a staff of RNs and MDs, and maybe a medical technician or 2, who can check vital signs or things like that (when you've got kids on all those meds, you need to have close medical supervision.)"

I couldn't agree more. My child was at PCS and only had vital signs taken once - upon admission.
Also urgent medical care was denied - I think it was because they didn't want the abuse disclosed to licensed out-of-facility professionals.

The doctors, nurses and psychologists who work at Provo Canyon School should have their licenses revoked for failing to report the outrageous emotional, psychological and physical abuse of children in that facility.

Offline Anonymous

• View Profile
« Reply #20 on: August 06, 2005, 08:41:00 PM »
Yeah all the program graduates (missionaries) exaggerate their misdeeds before entering the program. They have to compensate for the idea that they wouldn't have died if they hadn't been locked up. This belief is necessary in their delusional world.

Offline bandit1978

• View Profile
« Reply #21 on: August 06, 2005, 09:59:00 PM »
Niles called you out, anon.  You were abusing all those drugs, all at once??(PCP, coke, LSD, pot, ect, ect...).  You are delusional.  

And you ask us about "smoking"??  Smoking what, you puritan?  My family is European, we all smoke!  That was never a big deal.  So do you think that if someone smokes (cigs or pot), that means they are "not doing well", or whatever?  Dude, you really are ignorant!  Puritans like that really are on the fringes of society, and should not be taken seriously.
egan Flynn
RN

Offline Anonymous

• View Profile
« Reply #22 on: August 07, 2005, 03:25:00 AM »
the programs like to convince the kids that they did all these drugs before they went into the program.  The make you own up to and admit you had a crack addiction even if you've never had crack your whole life.  the make you say you were a junkie even if you never even popped pills.  The make you say you were a sex addict even if youre a virgin.  That's what the programs do, don't know why.  Guess they need to create problem so they can implement their "solutions."

Offline Nihilanthic

• View Profile
« Reply #23 on: August 07, 2005, 02:30:00 PM »
On 2005-08-06 18:59:00, bandit1978 wrote:

"Niles called you out, anon.  You were abusing all those drugs, all at once??(PCP, coke, LSD, pot, ect, ect...).  You are delusional.  

And you ask us about "smoking"??  Smoking what, you puritan?  My family is European, we all smoke!  That was never a big deal.  So do you think that if someone smokes (cigs or pot), that means they are "not doing well", or whatever?  Dude, you really are ignorant!  Puritans like that really are on the fringes of society, and should not be taken seriously.
"

Really now bandit? Don't Puritans spend most of their time being angry about the fringes of society (in their minds?). And not just that, but god knows anyone having any sort of enjoyment at all is PURE EVIL to them, unless the euphoria comes from the aftermath of being beaten, rapped/seminared (yes, its a verb now, I said so) or having some seizure in a church with some guy screaming into a microphone and sweating his ass off.

When we are pleading with foreign governments to stop the flow of cocaine, it is the height of hypocrisy for the US to export tobacco.  Years from now, our nation will look back on this application of free trade policy and find it scandalous.

1989 testimony before the US Trade Representative,September 1989
--Surgeon General, Everett Koop

DannyB on the internet:I CALLED A LAWYER TODAY TO SEE IF I COULD SUE YOUR ASSES FOR DOING THIS BUT THAT WAS NOT POSSIBLE.

CCMGirl on program restraints: "DON\'T TAZ ME BRO!!!!!"

TheWho on program survivors: "From where I sit I see all the anit-program[sic] people doing all the complaining and crying."

Offline Nonconformistlaw

• View Profile
    • http://survivingstraightinc.com
« Reply #24 on: August 07, 2005, 10:42:00 PM »
To the anonymous person who made this statement on 8/5-------"Those of us who's lives have been changed and saved will forever stand as witnesses to the true benifits of the program, after all it's not program jargon that life is based on results it truly is, ask any ceo, doctor, lawyer, or any employer for that matter and you will see. Even ask God himself, like surely is based on results, and those of us who are sucesful are much more believable that you."-----

From one whose life was almost completely destroyed by Straight, I will forever stand witness to the true destruction inflicted by programs upon children, the programs that use abuse, humiliation, coercion, intimidation, threats, and brainwashing. After all, program jargon and lies fill the pockets of program CEO's/Administrators everywhere, all the while misrepresenting their so-called results on unsuspecting vulnerable parents. Ask any Straight or other coercive program survivor, who come from all walks of life, some of which are former counselors, lawyers and other "successful" people as you call it....

As for your assertion that successful people are much more believable than us, program survivors...hmmm if your theory is right, then a Straight Survivor who also happens to be a successful lawyer, who would verify every horrifying detail about program abuses, coercion, humilition, etc., would make a more credible and believable "witness" than you or any of your programmed, program loving sucessful friends? Ya think???

Just for the record, true credibility has nothing to do with success or career achievements, a person is credible merely by their commitment to reveal the TRUTH of their experience! And by MY definition, NOT YOURS, any program survivor is a credible witness to the horrors and emotional aftermath of these programs.
quot;In a time of universal deceit, telling the truth becomes a revolutionary act.\" George Orwell

Offline Anonymous

• View Profile
« Reply #25 on: August 07, 2005, 11:37:00 PM »
you see my friend from my point of view there's only two types of program "survivors" those who are sucesful in their lives and tell the truth, and those who are liers for whatever reason.  My experience is that wwasp programs are not abusive, and the only people who i've met whom say they are are incredibly unbelievable witnesses.

Offline Nonconformistlaw

• View Profile
    • http://survivingstraightinc.com
« Reply #26 on: August 07, 2005, 11:57:00 PM »
Fine for the sake of arguement...lets do this your way...

First, Let me make sure I have your logic straight....

Survivor + Successful person = TRUTH

Survivor + Unsuccessful Person = Lies

Am I Right?

Thought so...simple math...

Let's do another easy equation....

Survivor + Successful Person/Lawyer = Truth of abusive, coercive programs that rob parents blind while breaking their child's spirit.

Now I'm starting to like your logic... :smile:

BUT I still say...

Survivor = TRUTH....period :wave:
quot;In a time of universal deceit, telling the truth becomes a revolutionary act.\" George Orwell

Offline bandit1978

• View Profile
« Reply #27 on: August 08, 2005, 02:38:00 PM »
These people ARE on "fringes of society". So are the "Christian right", and other such freaks.  They may think they are mainstream, but they're not, especially not if you included the whole world population in that analysis.  Such freaks should not be taken seriously,  but they should be monitored to make sure they aren't buying a million guns, or planning to blow up a Planned Parenthood clinic.
egan Flynn
RN