Author Topic: Straight Staff, please respond: what was the training for th  (Read 2014 times)

Offline Deprogrammed

• View Profile
    • http://www.pathwayfamilycenter.fornits.com
Straight Staff, please respond: what was the training for th
« Reply #15 on: August 23, 2005, 12:13:00 AM »
On 2005-08-21 17:09:00, Anonymous wrote:

"Deprogrammed, I have a short attention span. I went to that website on "Spin Programming", and I didn't really get it. If you understand what the article is talking about, maybe you could explain it better than that write-up. What do they mean when they are talking about people being affected from infancy sometimes by "spin programmers"? Are they talking about kids who were born into a cult because their parents were in it?

What are "alters"? Also please explain this, if you know what they are saying:

"This technique here labeled ?spin programming,? appears designed to spread effects such as pain, painful emotions, and other feelings or urges globally throughout a patient?s personality system for purposes of either designing and building a young victim?s personality system, or harassing older victims and disrupting psychotherapy. Spin programming appears to be based on a combination of physical spinning, cognitive and imagery training, and repetition and practice aimed at creating an internal multi-alter spinning ?mechanism? that can transmit the pain or affective components of numerous traumatic memories simultaneously to large groups of targeted alters."

"Both during and after the abuse, most victims are in a state of terror, mind control, and dissociation in which disclosure is exceedingly difficult."

Interesting. Do you think the Straights are doing some from of Spin Programming? Or did you post it as a side story that might be interesting? I am just trying to understand it better. Thank you for any insights you have had on the matter.

"

Spin Programming is a part of ritualistic abuse is what the article indicates.

Ritualistic abuse has many different facets to it caused and/or precipitated by many different factors and elements of abuse.
Ritualistic abuse includes but is not limited to the following:

Ritual abuse is a brutal form of abuse of children, adolescents, and adults, consisting of physical, sexual, and psychological abuse, and involving the use of rituals. Ritual does not necessarily mean satanic. However, most survivors state that they were ritually abused as part of satanic worship for the purpose of indoctrinating them into satanic beliefs and practices. Ritual abuse rarely consists of a single episode. It usually involves repeated abuse over an extended period of time.

The physical abuse is severe, sometimes including torture and killing. The sexual abuse is usually painful, sadistic, and humiliating, intended as a means of gaining dominance over the victim. The psychological abuse is devastating and involves the use of ritual/indoctrination, which includes mind control techniques and mind altering drugs, and ritual/intimidation which conveys to the victim a profound terror of the cult members and of the evil spirits they believe cult members can command. Both during and after the abuse, most victims are in a state of terror, mind control, and dissociation in which disclosure is exceedingly difficult. (p. 1

And yes i do think that the straights mirror some forms of this type of "ritualistic abuse" is it not ritualistic how we had to "Get honest" every day, 10 1/2 hours at the building then more work with ritualistic M.I.'s at the foster home? then ritualistic restrainings anywhere building or host home?
there are major parallels here.
-DP
p.s. Alters are triggers that the main cult leader sets in place to get the whole cult to respond on cue or at his or her cue. As for your short attention span may I suggest short attention span theatre on comedy central to ye?...lol!

regards,
-DP

Scoundrels are predictable, but you're a man of honor and that frightens me.
http://www.amazon.com/exec/obidos/ASIN/0671877046/' target='_new'> Robert Heinlein, Glory Road.

[ This Message was edited by: Deprogrammed on 2005-08-22 21:20 ]
« Last Edit: December 31, 1969, 07:00:00 PM by Guest »
"So, you can make me cum ...that doesn\'t make you, Jesus"....Tori Amos copyright
Read about Pathway Family Centers here.

dragonfly

« Reply #16 on: August 24, 2005, 11:25:00 AM »

Offline Anonymous

• View Profile
« Reply #17 on: August 29, 2005, 12:02:00 PM »
I was on staff for several years.  During that time there was ZERO - NONE - ZIP training/certification on how to restrain clients.

IF there were, str8 would have been required to have a resident MD on the premises for the requisite injection of Demerol. Furthermore, all staff would have to be certified in -something- to ensure the safety of the restrainer/restrainee.

How did str8 get around this?  Well, at the time (85-90) there were very few regulations for places like str8 VA.  In case you have forgotten; Straight VA was able to operate in a very gray area of the law.  There may be laws and regulations in place now, but they cannot be enforced retroactively.  For example:  Str8 cut corners with the resident MD thing -Puglisi would show up 2 times a week for one hour per visit - which was the minimum- for an outpatient family treatment center.  Cohen, and (whatever that other shrinks name was) would show up on Wed and Friday doing nothing more than collecting empirical data for their own practice.

To me it was all just a fucking nightmare which I remember all too well.

dragonfly

« Reply #18 on: August 29, 2005, 01:20:00 PM »

Offline Anonymous

• View Profile
« Reply #19 on: August 29, 2005, 02:48:00 PM »
Why did you think Bufus Gammons was cool?

Joy Margolis and Suzanne Byrd/Hardmann/Lovelace/etc. have their very own threads, try a search to find them.

Mel Riddile has a couple of his own special threads, too, plus his own forum on fornits. I don't think it gets much traffic, but there are some questions and things that people could respond to regarding things that went on when he was working for Straight.

Offline Anonymous

• View Profile
« Reply #20 on: August 29, 2005, 03:00:00 PM »
On 2005-08-29 09:02:00, Anonymous wrote:

IF there were, str8 would have been required to have a resident MD on the premises for the requisite injection of Demerol.

Damn but that would have been one cool reward for misbehaving......

Offline Anonymous

• View Profile
« Reply #21 on: August 29, 2005, 04:58:00 PM »
On 2005-08-29 10:20:00, dragonfly wrote:

"Do you have any info about any executive staff from VA, where they are now what they are doing.

I thought Bufus Gammons was cool, have thought about trying to find him.

All you who want to do the crow bar thing can save your typing efforts for better causes.

Yes I thought he was cool."

He lives in Atlanta and works for state corrections.