Author Topic: Story  (Read 10012 times)

Offline METALGOD8

• View Profile
Story
« Reply #15 on: March 01, 2003, 03:45:00 AM »
Well, CPA anonymous, I am sorry to hear of your daughter's dead friends. I have a memorial here dedicated to the scores of suicide victims (32) who, without STRAIGHT, INC and all of it's spawns, would still be alive today. Please do not patronize us anymore. We are in a different league here. You are still under the influence of STRAIGHT, INC, or Pathway, whatever, and just go on being happy in life until a few years from now when you join this board again seeking comfort from being duped. I enjoy peace, take this with some grit if you have to, ::puke::  but, after reading your sermon, I must say, you seem truly brainwashed. One day, all this will end, after Pathway and any other STRAIGHT INC spawn is closed and that treatment modality is banned.

MG8 :smokin:
« Last Edit: December 31, 1969, 07:00:00 PM by Guest »

Offline Anonymous

• View Profile
Story
« Reply #16 on: March 01, 2003, 05:37:00 PM »
I too am sorry for the friends that died, and with no disrespect intended to those lives lost, how would someone know whether a suicide is directly related to one?s traumatic experiences at Straight, or that it was yet another victim of substance abuse?  Substance abusers commit suicide, with or without Straight.  Could that be the ?mind-raping? effect of the drugs.

Help me understand also, that since Straight was closed by court-action due to abusive, unscrupulous practices, why would any other ?Straight-like? treatment program by your claims deemed to be abusive in any manner remotely similar to Straight be allowed to operate?  That is, the abuse of the Straight program and its closure would surely mitigate any licensing agency or accreditation organization from certifying yet ?another Straight by a different name??  For example, consider the impact of Enron bearing immediate added SEC scrutiny on many other companies, even those unrelated to Enron.  Likewise, it would seem that after the Straight issues, those red flags would be up at all times, making it especially difficult for any substance abuse treatment program, let alone one with the same abusive practices as Straight, to be accredited or remain in operation?  What has it been, 10 years since the last Straight program closed?

With some research, I learned that the CEO of Pathway had been in a Straight program as a parent with her child.  By starting Pathway, the objective was to provide a 12-Step model with a caring treatment environment involving the entire family, not just a ?drop-off? program.  I understand that the startup clinical director (Gwanny?) had also been at a Straight program and wanted to embrace changes, however she was terminated within the first two months after it became apparent her philosophy was not in line with the new program and new CEO.

Offline Antigen

• View Profile
    • http://wwf.Fornits.com/
Story
« Reply #17 on: March 01, 2003, 06:57:00 PM »
I understand from the tone of your 2/26 post here, and others throughout the BBS, that you and others have had very traumatic experiences at Straight and other programs. However, I also believe that all treatment programs are not the same.

Please refer to the very first post in this thread. As you know, I have no firsthand information about Pathway, except for public records showing the history of the Program and how it derives directly from Straight, Inc. I never put forth that Pathway today was anything like Straight 20+ years ago. I only told my storyand invited others to do the same. What has happened, and I must admit that this has not been entirely unpredictable, is that recent clients and parents from PFC have read our stories and said "Oh my God! That's just about exactly what happened to me just a year or two ago."

I have no reason to disbelieve these people.  

Age is mind over matter. If you don't mind...it doesn't matter!
--  Chuck Gauran

"Don\'t let the past remind us of what we are not now."
~ Crosby Stills Nash & Young, Sweet Judy Blue Eyes

Offline Antigen

• View Profile
Story
« Reply #18 on: March 01, 2003, 07:01:00 PM »
On 2003-03-01 14:37:00, Anonymous wrote:
-------------------------------------------------------------------------------- I too am sorry for the friends that died, and with no disrespect intended to those lives lost, how would someone know whether a suicide is directly related to one?s traumatic experiences at Straight, or that it was yet another victim of substance abuse? Substance abusers commit suicide, with or without Straight. Could that be the ?mind-raping? effect of the drugs.

The same way scientists figure out that a drug or a food cause a particular problem. You compare the outcomes of people subjected to the drug or food with those of people who have not been exposed to it.

According to Program doctrine, damned near everyone I ever knew needed to be in the program or they'd be deadinsaneorinjail within two years. But what has actually happened is that damned near everyone I knew in the Program are deadinsaneorinjail and everyone who did not recieve this kind of "help" have gone on to fairly normal, stable lives with families and children, businesses and careers.

It's really pretty simple.

...to disarm the people (is) the best and most effective way to enslave them...
-- George Mason

Offline Antigen

• View Profile
Story
« Reply #19 on: March 01, 2003, 07:05:00 PM »
On 2003-03-01 14:37:00, Anonymous wrote:
With some research, I learned that the CEO of Pathway had been in a Straight program as a parent with her child. By starting Pathway, the objective was to provide a 12-Step model with a caring treatment environment involving the entire family, not just a ?drop-off? program. I understand that the startup clinical director (Gwanny?) had also been at a Straight program and wanted to embrace changes, however she was terminated within the first two months after it became apparent her philosophy was not in line with the new program and new CEO.

Do a little more research and you'll find that Melvin Sembler said just exactly the same thing about why he founded Straight, only he was talking about a kinder, gentler Seed. Melvin and Betty are still bragging to this day about what a wonderful program Straight was. Melvin is a 2 time GOP finance chair for all both Bush presidential runs. Betty helped put Jeb in the Fl governor's office and George in the Tx governor's office. Money says jump and politicians say "How high?". That's how they've been able to get away with these crimes just by changing their corporate names.

They used to burn witches. Today we laugh at them. Today we jail people for marijuana. Tomorrow they'll laugh at us.

--Robert "Rosie" Rowbotham

Offline METALGOD8

• View Profile
Story
« Reply #20 on: March 01, 2003, 08:02:00 PM »
How many questions are you allowed to ask and not be obligated to answer ones from others? I am full of answers for your questions, but you are still avoiding my questions. This is a typical behavioral pattern of a STRAIGHT, INC. based program brainwashee, and may seriously damage my willingness to communicate on the level with you in the future. You have a wealth of information hiding behind that anonymous face of yours here and are doing very little to help silence the fears that the Pathway program is a STRAIGHT, INC spawn. Being the fair minded person that I am, I will answer one more of your questions as I await some answers from you. In 1984, one client I sat next to did not have a drug problem, was kept on 1st phase for 2 years. As soon as he turned 18, he withdrew, went off the edge of a high rise balcony and died. How could this not be STRAIGHT, INC. related? You tell me. This is not the only case. Not to mention all of the attempts that occurred and went untreated, unreported, etc... Put faith in yourself and email me. We can talk over the phone if you wish. I am very interested in learning more about your experience. Please understand that continuing to avoid the issues only deepens my resolve to believe Pathway is just another STRAIGHT INC spawn.

MG8 :smokin:

Offline Anonymous

• View Profile
Story
« Reply #21 on: March 01, 2003, 09:46:00 PM »
I am looking Pathway up for a friend, I came across these posting's. OMG the mother sounds like shes really a employee of pathway, if her story is somehow true ,I pity both her daughter and my friends brother. Pathway sounds like Nazi Germany.  Never should children be put in a place were mind control is the order of the day. I belive these kids need help,but I think Pathway and places like them are not the help parent are seeking.

Offline ramprato

• View Profile
Story
« Reply #22 on: March 02, 2003, 07:59:00 AM »
Thank you for your concern. Regretfully, related places like Pathway and Straight have enticing the parents (and their $$) into their program down to a science. If you happen to work in the front room of one of these places, it is quite easy to grab that dough.

First, you automatically know that the parent has some concerns about their kid as most parents do, or the parent wouldn't be there in the first place, so why not play off of the parent's worst fears? Step one is to make the parent feel at ease. If the parent is partaking in the blame for family troubles, rush to erase that blame, make it the kid's fault and magnify the kids problem. This can be accomplished by using a 'questions' form that these boiler rooms need to bring in the money. Generally, the 'questions' form asks 15 to 20 "does your kid blah blah?" .. and if you answer even ONE question with a yes, that kid needs help.

Here is a questionnaire that Straight Inc. used during it's 17 year operation from 1976 to 1993 before it was shut down due to its mounting child abuse lawsuits, notice how it's always about "behavioral problems" in teens, like there are NO adolescents out there that DON'T act out from time to time:

"The organization Straight, Inc., has produced the following checklist of eighteen warning signs of alcohol or drug abuse:

School tardiness, truancy, declining grades
Less motivation, energy, self-discipline
Loss of interest in activities
Forgetfulness, short- or long-term
Short attention span, trouble concentrating
Aggressive anger, hostility, irritability
Sullen, uncaring attitudes and behavior
Family arguments, strife with family members
Disappearance of money, valuables
Changes in friends, evasiveness about new ones
Unhealthy appearance, bloodshot eyes
Changes in personal dress or grooming
Trouble with the law in or out of school
Unusually large appetite
Use of Visine, room deodorizers, incense
Rock group or drug-related graphics, slogans
Pipes, small boxes or containers, baggies, rolling papers or other unusual items
Peculiar odors or butts, seeds, leaves in ashtrays or clothing pockets. "
Source:

http://216.239.39.100/search?q=cache:-R ... n&ie=UTF-8

All you have to do is answer just ONE of those questions and YOUR kid is now an automatic lifetime drug addict. They make it a point to blame your kid for everything that was ever 'wrong' in your family. They dismiss any of the parent's guilt or responsibility of their kid's issues whether or not those issues are valid. They are at that point very eager to know what kind of health care coverage that parent has and if they could just run their policy number. while all that is going on, the staff are bringing "happy parents" to talk to that parent still questioning themselves if they are in the right place..These "happy parents" tell of how won-der-ful their lives are since they placed their little Johnny or Suzie in " ** " and that they are no longer dealing with a "rebellious" teenager, and how the parent could have a wonderful kid like THEIRS if they just signed the papers.

Here is the PFC (a Straight Inc. spin-off) questionnaire, do you see any similarities?

http://www.pfcenter.org/warnings.html

Here is the 'Kids Helping Kids' (another Straight Inc. spin-off) questionnaire, how about here? Any similar patterns?

http://www.kidshelpingkids.com/warningsigns.html

Most people I know have some of these traits once in a while. It doesn't make them users though, it makes them about human. Teenagers Have been "rebelling" since the beginning of time. Expressing independence is a must if the individual ever is going to have any hope into growing into adulthood. If that process is interrupted by using these twisted forms of "behavioral modification" such as PFC and Straight Inc. uses, then you run assured risk of permanently damaging that individual's mind for life. You turn their personality into mush, and if they are lucky, they don't kill themselves, they learn to find their way despite what happened to them in their mind rape mill. Now of days they find support though websites like these.

Thanks for your post.......

Offline ehm

• View Profile
Story
« Reply #23 on: March 03, 2003, 11:57:00 PM »
Was there anything else going on with your family at the time that could have caused depression in your daughter? Everyone gets into some trouble in highschool, and kids dont just wake up one day with dyshedonia, and suicide attempts on the brain. How old was she? When was this? Drug abuse and depression are merely the outer layers. Mabye she'll try and talk to you about it in 10-15 or even 20 so you can be defensive. Or not...
Nice parenting.

"Behind each disfunctional child, there is a disfuntional reason."

Offline lunababy

• View Profile
Story
« Reply #24 on: March 04, 2003, 10:38:00 AM »
Hi I registered so no more anon post for me,I am the person looking up pathway for a friend. OK here goes, first I am  mother of 2 kids now in their 20s and both have experinced depression, drugs,bad choises,bad grades,bad friends,lol everthing on your list and I'm sure more than once. Just as I did when I was  teen /young adult.
I'm not saying it's right I'm saying it happend and it happends to us all. That being said, we dont all shove our childern in to mindfucking, antithinking,tourture programs.Most of us get through our rough patches w/out the aid of these nasty progroms(misspelling intentional)To the parents reading this, please think a minute, you raised your child you should know how to get that child though this, you wouldnt hand you child over to the nazis yould you ? It breaks my heart to read these post and know that all these kids have been abandond to what amounts to childabusers.

Writing about music is like dancing about architecture.
--

Offline Anonymous

• View Profile
Story
« Reply #25 on: March 04, 2003, 02:54:00 PM »
You say:
On 2003-02-27 08:46:00, Anonymous wrote:
"I prefer to consider my daughter?s activities today as her passion for a better life than the one she had before, understanding the drug use as a primary cause for her prior destructive life, and her commitment to share her experiences to other young people that may already be in a similar situation as her past, or are progressing in the same direction.  It is merely a contrast of her choices before and after Pathway, and the resultant lifestyle changes.  Her objective is to provide education and a deterrent for young people at risk of substance abuse rather than ?recruiting? for Pathway.  The best outcome is for a young person to never take the risks my daughter did.  Besides, I doubt that her sharing with teens really has a ?recruiting? outcome, given that any teen in the audience already using (and in denial) is unlikely to rush home and request their parents take him/her to Pathway.  Just as you have a passion for your beliefs based on your experiences and choose to speak out in support of your beliefs, so does my daughter.

As for the financial side of Pathway, I have been exposed to financial statements and independent auditor reports thereof to understand the facts.  As a CPA I am confident of my understanding of revenues and operating costs.  There are no ?piles of money? being made.

I understand from the tone of your 2/26 post here, and others throughout the BBS, that you and others have had very traumatic experiences at Straight and other programs.  However, I also believe that all treatment programs are not the same.  I have experienced a variety of substance abuse treatment programs, but I have not encountered the travesties cited against other programs on this BBS and The Straights site.  That does not imply they did not happen.  However, you and others posting on this BBS are claiming or insinuating that Pathway is the same as the programs you have experienced.  From my experience with Pathway, I know that is untrue.  Therefore, it begs credibility to accusations made against other programs.  

You indicate, ?The major cost for me and my daughter is betrayal on a very primal level.?  I disagree.  As a parent, I have a responsibility to care and protect my child.  I understand rebellious behavior, and initially, that is all I thought my daughter was going through.  However, when her actions escalated to where school officials were calling me to the school, police action was involved, and she ended up in the hospital because of a suicide attempt, followed by an overdose, intuition told me this was more than just teenage hormones acting up.  This was NOT normal behavior, and her actions were placing herself in great risk and possibly harming others.  This was more than just smoking a casual joint.  This became her way of life, because of the constant destructive behavior.  Based on our situation, we could not be so naïve to think that this was just a ?phase? that our daughter was going through.  There was much more to this problem.  I chose to not be negligent and assume that everything would be ok without intervention.  Instead, we had to seek help.

Today, my daughter has friends from her past that are no longer alive because of drug-using behavior.  And others are in jail.  It doesn?t take a brain surgeon to know that my daughter would very likely have ended up in the same situation without help.  My daughter tells me that she would be dead, had we not found help for her.  I see that you think this is just another ?parent?s script.?  Go ahead and think that way.  I know the truth and am very grateful that I did something to help my daughter instead of doing nothing and have lost her (physically and/or emotionally) permanently.

K

"

Quite frankly, as a parent, I find your story more of an explanation of why your daughter might have attempted suicide rather than an explanation of how  Pathway allegedly helped her recover.  I am a parent who never went to any recovery centre of the Straight variety, never sent my kids to recovery centre's and would never do so.  My life has not been easy, and I am in a second career with 4 degrees and both careers have involved helping kids and families.  
A vastly higher percentage of the population attempt, or at least seriously contemplate suicide at some point in life.  I attempted at the age of 20.  It was not until I was 26 that I experimented with marijuana.  It was not until we started having trouble with my daughter when she was 15 that it was realised that I suffered from chronic depression.  By this time I was 50. We went through a bad stretch when my daughter had a close friend commit suicide, following which she attempted twice. Through my professional organization we  were able to access the best possible family counselling in our community. (the high school principal had urged us to examine a "tough love" approach which we found to be totally inappropriate).  
Subsequently, my daughter made fully informed decisions about what drugs she would experiment with, used marijuana effectively for her menstrual cramps, and, very carefully with full knowledge of  the possibilities has used ecstacy, GHB and LSD.    I would say her use of these drugs has been hugely beneficial to her, as, like me, she suffers from       a mood disorder.  She now has a degree and is developing her own theories about consulting for organizations that practice a "harm-reduction" approach to drug use.  
Lord Bertrand Russell who at one time was a persona non grata in the US, suggested moderation in all things as an antidote to the North American Puritanism that gave us prohibition, the Drug War George Dubya and Pat Buchanan.  
Part of Russell's critique of the prohibitionists was their inability to recognise that not all use is abuse.  This is the strongest argument for legalization.  And to those parents who say, "But then,everyone would use them!" the answer is "would you?"  
The problem the US faces is that the moral panic generated by the prohibitionists does generate a market for the moral entrepreneurs of Pathways and Straights to exploit.  I doubt if those people can ever be convinced that not all drug use is abuse.   But I do know this from experience.  Had we panicked at my daughter's behaviour when she was 15 and turned her over to something like one of these adolescent treatment centres, she would not be the  person I am so proud of today.  
Drug use is NOT a primary cause of anything.  
But the fundamentalist, self-righteous US administration's obsession with the drug war is the primary cause of the highest incarceration rate in the world, and the reason why so many boot-camps and treatment centres proliferate.

Offline lunababy

• View Profile
Story
« Reply #26 on: March 04, 2003, 03:12:00 PM »
thank you anon you took the word right oput of my head and wrote them down wonderfully thank you thank you thank you

America when will you be angelic
When will you take off your clothes....
America after all it is you and I who are perfect
Not the next world.
--Allen Ginsberg

Offline glider

• View Profile
Story
« Reply #27 on: March 06, 2003, 12:29:00 AM »
When I read your post, it gave me a pit in my stomach. Like your daughter, I went to Straight, changed my life, went from a C student to an A student, graduated, did numerous speaking engagements and praised what Straight had done for my family and me. I was in total denial of the psychological violence, constant coercion and intimidation that is the trademark of these programs and it caught up with me as it most likely will with your daughter.  In fact, you probably wouldn?t even be here reading this post if deep down in your heart, you know there was something amiss with Pathway.  I was so scared of doing the wrong thing or breaking a rule, which you know there are many, constantly being under intense peer pressure, family pressure, AA pressure and without any privacy, without being able to speak with my friends, my old teachers, my very own sisters, my previous community as a whole, I totally lost myself and become nothing more than a drone.  So what if I was sober and received good grades? The best thing in life is finding out who you really are and having the freedom to do so and to follow your own dreams and passions.  Real and genuine change and growth in a person comes from encouragement and a new understanding of yourself. Changes from coercion, intimidation and total psychological assault are disingenuous, superficial and ultimately meaningless.   These centers attack the very essence of what it means to be a human being and an individual. Right now Russia is celebrating the 50 anniversary of Joseph Stalin, who protected his country from the Nazis and accomplished many great and wonderful things for his country.  He was also a ruthless dictator and mass murderer and manipulated the public through the means of fear and intimidation.  I?m sure there are many positive changes in your daughter as there have been for me also, but this will ends will never justify the means just like Stalin?s great accomplishments will never excuse his tyranny.  Pathway, like Straight, is a tyranny and an embarrassment to the basic human and American values of freedom and democracy and dignity. I hope you find what you?re looking for at this site.
~John

Offline Anonymous

• View Profile
Story
« Reply #28 on: March 08, 2003, 07:50:00 PM »
On 2003-03-04 11:54:00, Anonymous wrote

"Quite frankly, as a parent, I find your story more of an explanation of why your daughter might have attempted suicide rather than an explanation of how Pathway allegedly helped her recover"

Why, because I ran out of options with her and sought to obtain expert help?  Or, because I didn't choose to let her use as long as I was present?

Well, it sounds like you merely found a convenient way to rationalize your daughter's drug use.  Your actions were akin to holding your daughter's hand over a hot stove burner to teach her that it will burn her, but she can still use it to make soup.  (Except that stoves are legal).  I wonder how your story would have turned out had your daughter actually died from her "experimental" drug use.  First-time users have been known to die.  

I chose a different approach, not to detach from my daughter, but to get her help.  I'm not a clinical expert in the area of teen substance use, just like I'm not a cardiologist.  I had reached my parenting and non-clinical limits on how to rationalize with a drug-using teen (it doesn't happen). I figured an expert could work with me and my daughter to make some breakthroughs.

You say,
"A vastly higher percentage of the population attempt, or at least seriously contemplate suicide at some point in life."

This is pretty vague. What is "vastly higher percentage"?  Is there some clinical study you reference, or just pull this out of your air?  Are you now trying to rationalize your own suicidal tendancies?  

Ironically, I find that your version of justifying inappropriate actions is not dissimilar to how my daughter and other drug using teens attempted to lie, steal, and manipulate to get what they wanted - more drugs; but it was always someone else's fault when she got in trouble.

You say,
"Drug use is NOT a primary cause of anything."

Are you serious?  I bet alcohol use and drunk driving don't cause huge loss of life either, right?  Drug use caused a great deal of damage to my daughter and our family.  Broken family relationships, incarceration, hospitalization, sleeping in a crack house. I submit that none of those would have occured if drugs had not been used to distort reality.  Were there other issues?  Sure, and those were addressed as a family at Pathway. But the fact of the matter is that my daughter's  use of drugs impaired her ability to make healthy, rational decisions that would have otherwise kept her safe.  

You and others are dead set on invalidating the benefits received by my daughter and the rest of my family from Pathway.  It's as if you fear any positive results.  Your pathetic response is simply, "well, hopefully your daughter will still talk to you in 20 years after she is no longer brainwashed."  What crystal ball do you have?  Perhaps in 20 years your daughter may realize what you did to her at 15, and the risk you placed her in by encouraging/assisting/condoning her own "experimental" drug use. Thankfully, it sounds like she's doing well in spite of your choices for her.  I'm happy for her.  I made different choices for myself and my daughter with positive results but you can't accept it.  Although you wouldn't want to admit it, there are happy people out here that had to go through some tough times, and still do, but we made it and are stronger and better for it.  I celebrate the recovery and reuniting of families as successes.  But oh, I forgot, I'm "brainwashed".

Offline Anonymous

• View Profile
Story
« Reply #29 on: March 09, 2003, 03:27:00 PM »
On 2003-03-08 16:50:00, Anonymous wrote:
"On 2003-03-04 11:54:00, Anonymous wrote

"Quite frankly, as a parent, I find your story more of an explanation of why your daughter might have attempted suicide rather than an explanation of how Pathway allegedly helped her recover"

Why, because I ran out of options with her and sought to obtain expert help?  

No, because you went to the wrong experts i.e. drug warriors who believe that all drug use is abuse. It's not. Clearly, from what I've read about Pathways and everything that is Straight derived, the US led "war on drugs" is in itself a complete and utter failure.  I suggest you read all 92,000 odd accumulated news items on www,mapinc.org and you might be able to get the picture.  
Or, because I didn't choose to let her use as long as I was present?  What drug are you talking about?

Most knowledgable professionals that I know would be more concerned about their kids smoking cigarettes than about them smoking marijuana.  But they would not condone going to school stoned.  
Well, it sounds like you merely found a convenient way to rationalize your daughter's drug use.  

That's ridiculous.  Using marijuana can be fun.  When it is touted as "dangerous" by John Walters and the DEA the drug warriors lose all credibility .  As for ecstacy, we had a death in our town that was attributed to Ecstacy.  In fact, the individual  who died was dosing himself with dextromethorphan for a cough when he took one pill.  Deaths from E are rare and are attributable to heatstroke and/or      lack of fluids and/or electrolytes when dancing.  Knowledgable users will take care of themselves.
But I go on, you can get accurate information on most drugs by going to http://www.erowid.org.  I tend to give this some credibility, because a police toxicologist gave me that information.
Your actions were akin to holding your daughter's hand over a hot stove burner to teach her that it will burn her, but she can still use it to make soup.  (Except that stoves are legal).

My daughter has used drugs, fully  aware of the real dangers they posed.  You don't ban stoves because you might get burned.  Your argument fails.
I wonder how your story would have turned out had your daughter actually died from her "experimental" drug use.  First-time users have been known to die.  
See above.  My daughter knew this before she used ecstacy.  All things in moderation.  
I chose a different approach, not to detach from my daughter, but to get her help.
You think I detached?  I happened to realise that I would not be able to convince my daughter of anything she wasn't able to accept.  I happen to have been involved in Juvenile courts and frequently witness the harm done by parents who "talk up" the sentences their recalcitrant youngsters might have.  I've represented teens with problem parents
I had reached my parenting and non-clinical limits on how to rationalize with a drug-using teen (it doesn't happen).
Right
I figured an expert could work with me and my daughter to make some breakthroughs.
Wrong experts

You say,
"A vastly higher percentage of the population attempt, or at least seriously contemplate suicide at some point in life."

This is pretty vague. What is "vastly higher percentage"?  Is there some clinical study you reference, or just pull this out of your air?
Actually, there are studies, and my wife worked with an organization that did some of the most advanced in N America.  
 Are you now trying to rationalize your own suicidal tendancies?  
Now that is taking a personal moralistic tone. Depression is an illness or perhaps a chemical imbalance.  Are you going to blame me for having the flu too?  
Ironically, I find that your version of justifying inappropriate actions is not dissimilar to how my daughter and other drug using teens attempted to lie, steal, and manipulate to get what they wanted - more drugs; but it was always someone else's fault when she got in trouble.
There is ample evidence that where a harm reduction approach is taken to drugs, crime drops.  The crimes you mention are at least as much a product of the Drug War as of the drugs themselves.

You say,
"Drug use is NOT a primary cause of anything."

Are you serious?  
Absolutely.I bet alcohol use and drunk driving don't cause huge loss of life either, right?

But it's not the USE of Alcohol that is the problem here, it's the ABUSE.  As I said, moderation in all things.  I should mention here that neither of my children will drive after consuming alcohol.  And their use of drugs is likewise responsible and controlled.  
Drug use caused a great deal of damage to my daughter and our family.  Broken family relationships, incarceration, hospitalization, sleeping in a crack house. I submit that none of those would have occured if drugs had not been used to distort reality.  Were there other issues?  Sure, and those were addressed as a family at Pathway. But the fact of the matter is that my daughter's  use of drugs impaired her ability to make healthy, rational decisions that would have otherwise kept her safe.  

But you see, your daughter (maybe) got into it uninformed!   As such, I'll bet she would have gone places and seen kids taking pills or whatever, and just popped into her mouth anything that came her way.  My son  saw that sort of things and determined that he would try to educate people to look after themselves and reduce the harm.  

Both of my kids use drugs, but there are some that they would NOT use.  You see, the real futility of the efforts of the DEA (and NIDA to a degree) is that they treat all drugs deemed illicit equally seriously.  Because your daughter realised that she was being lied to at one level, she was led to believe that she was being lied to at every level.  As such, the War on Drugs (and DARE) acted as a "Gateway" for her use of the more serious drugs.
The Canadian Senate report on Marijuana for example says that there was "no rational basis for making marijuana illegal in the first place."  Zip, Nada None.  
You and others are dead set on invalidating the benefits received by my daughter and the rest of my family from Pathway.  

I wouldn't say that.  I would have to meet your daughter to be able to reach that conclusion.
It's as if you fear any positive results.  

It's entirely possible that there may be some positive results.  However, almost every psychologist I know that knows and understands the methodology of "Straight" derived programs would suggest that your daughter might be the exception that proves the rule.
Your pathetic response is simply, "well, hopefully your daughter will still talk to you in 20 years after she is no longer brainwashed."  

That wasn't in my post and you are simply saying that to put up a straw man to my argument.  So I'm not commenting on what follows from that in the rest of what you say.  

However,  as I did say, I know that you and others like you can never be convinced that your position is wrong because of that strong N. American Puritanism that Lord Bertrand Russell so despised.  It gave us Prohibition and the Drug war, and unfortunately, by criminalising the use of drugs the US has made drugs more attractive to some than they otherwise would be. At the same time, I join with the more than 600 world intellectuals who have petitioned the UN to bring an end to the war on drugs as they believe it now produces more harm than the drugs themselves.  Unfortunately, many of the victims, like you and your daughter, fail to realise this.