Author Topic: Its just a way to numb the ideology into the norm  (Read 2786 times)

Offline SyN

• View Profile
Its just a way to numb the ideology into the norm
« on: July 29, 2005, 08:25:00 PM »
All this show does is numb parents into beleiving this form of therapy is ok.  Though as an elan escapee i would take brat camp any day over what I went through.those kids dont know the programs they could be in.  
Its still a cop out.
Mike
« Last Edit: December 31, 1969, 07:00:00 PM by Guest »
A word to the wise is infuriating.\"

Offline Nihilanthic

• View Profile
« Reply #1 on: July 30, 2005, 05:41:00 AM »
SyN, its not even therapy. Its just P.C. - spun techniques and situations used to cause psychologial regression and breakdowns so theyre weakened, and you can implant whatever dogma you want. Plus, while weakened its so easy to make them disclose ALL their personal shit... just like that poor girl did on 'brat camp' today.

It all fits brainwashing or interrogation to a "T", anyway... Im really disappointed that more therapists dont say anything about it.

To the extent that a society limits its government to policing functions which curb the individuals who engage in aggressive and criminal actions, and conducts its economic affairs on the basis of free and willing exchange, to that extent domestic peace prevails. When a society departs from this norm, its governing class begins, in effect, to make war upon the rest of the nation. A situation is created in which everyone is victimized by everyone else under the fiction of each living at the expense of all.

--Edmund A. Opitz

DannyB on the internet:I CALLED A LAWYER TODAY TO SEE IF I COULD SUE YOUR ASSES FOR DOING THIS BUT THAT WAS NOT POSSIBLE.

CCMGirl on program restraints: "DON\'T TAZ ME BRO!!!!!"

TheWho on program survivors: "From where I sit I see all the anit-program[sic] people doing all the complaining and crying."

Offline Anonymous

• View Profile
« Reply #2 on: July 30, 2005, 07:38:00 AM »
On 2005-07-30 02:41:00, Nihilanthic wrote:

"SyN, its not even therapy. Its just P.C. - spun techniques and situations used to cause psychologial regression and breakdowns so theyre weakened, and you can implant whatever dogma you want. Plus, while weakened its so easy to make them disclose ALL their personal shit... just like that poor girl did on 'brat camp' today.

It all fits brainwashing or interrogation to a "T", anyway... Im really disappointed that more therapists dont say anything about it.

To the extent that a society limits its government to policing functions which curb the individuals who engage in aggressive and criminal actions, and conducts its economic affairs on the basis of free and willing exchange, to that extent domestic peace prevails. When a society departs from this norm, its governing class begins, in effect, to make war upon the rest of the nation. A situation is created in which everyone is victimized by everyone else under the fiction of each living at the expense of all.

--Edmund A. Opitz

"

I find it to be the same as therapy. just done more loosly then most troubling teen programs.  though when they got the tv deal i am sure they toned down the program a bit.  They start with hygene and morning duties; go out and do their challenges i.e long hikes rapelling ect.  Then during or after their meal they sit in a circle and confront and relate.  Granted not nearly as much as elan daytop or Straight. But they wouldnt give those programs an hour of prime time tv.  Not yet any way.  elan knew how to weakin you without a 7 mile hike, different methods same madness only brat camp is run by hippies and mine was run by deeply disturbed back woods Mainers.  
How bout that Phantom Duker episode.  Didnt that crack you up?

Offline SyN

• View Profile
« Reply #3 on: July 30, 2005, 08:16:00 AM »
oops thought i was signed in.
Mike

Offline Antigen

• View Profile
    • http://wwf.Fornits.com/
« Reply #4 on: July 30, 2005, 08:58:00 AM »
Mike, these days the kids don't get wilderness OR a TBS. They get both. The wilderness is just to soften them up. Somewhat more effective than just a midnight kidnapping, eh?

who needs regular piss tests more than a former blowski who has his finger on the button?
--Chuck Beyer

"Don\'t let the past remind us of what we are not now."
~ Crosby Stills Nash & Young, Sweet Judy Blue Eyes

Offline Nihilanthic

• View Profile
« Reply #5 on: July 30, 2005, 12:47:00 PM »
You find it to be the same as therapy? huh?  :???:

Were the government to prescribe to us our medicine and diet, our bodies would be in such keeping as our souls are now. Thus in France the emetic was once forbidden as a medicine, and the potato as an article of food. Government is just as infallible,[sic] too, when it fixes systems in physics. Galileo was sent to the Inquisition for affirming that the earth was a sphere.... It is error alone which needs the support of government. Truth can stand by itself.
http://lfb.com/?stocknumber=FF7485&code=10247' target='_new'>Thomas Jefferson, Notes on Virginia

DannyB on the internet:I CALLED A LAWYER TODAY TO SEE IF I COULD SUE YOUR ASSES FOR DOING THIS BUT THAT WAS NOT POSSIBLE.

TheWho on program survivors: "From where I sit I see all the anit-program[sic] people doing all the complaining and crying."

Offline Anonymous

• View Profile
« Reply #6 on: July 31, 2005, 06:03:00 AM »
It's true, most of the kids get told that they have to go to a month or two of wilderness camp, and then they'll be able go home- actually, at the completion of the wilderness camp, get told they they aren't "ready yet" and then get sent to an RTC by some referral agent from the wilderness program.  Especially in Utah, these guys usually work for both wilderness programs and RTCs and refer the parents back and forth.

Offline Nihilanthic

• View Profile
« Reply #7 on: July 31, 2005, 12:11:00 PM »
The lies and surprises help to break them down even more, especially over a prolonged period of time. It also makes a ton of money for the people running the programs  :sad:

Don't worry about temptation--as you grow older, it starts avoiding you.  
-- Old Farmer's Almanac

Offline SyN

• View Profile
« Reply #8 on: August 05, 2005, 08:41:00 AM »
They just ship them to another program eh? It is a big money wheel, you called it.
Mike

Offline Antigen

• View Profile
    • http://wwf.Fornits.com/
« Reply #9 on: August 05, 2005, 12:42:00 PM »
So it's not just my imagination then? Thanks for saying that, Mike.

A dictatorship would be a heck of a lot easier, there's no question
about it.
--GW Büsh, Business Week, July 30, 2001

"Don\'t let the past remind us of what we are not now."
~ Crosby Stills Nash & Young, Sweet Judy Blue Eyes

Offline SyN

• View Profile
« Reply #10 on: August 05, 2005, 08:58:00 PM »
:wink: