Author Topic: Carlbrook  (Read 559034 times)

Offline Anonymous

• View Profile
Re: Carlbrook
« Reply #2565 on: March 24, 2009, 06:08:46 AM »
Quote from: "JD"
Quote from: "try another castle"

try another castle wrote:These places always place the blame on the kid, ...

... Would you like to know what they start teaching you the minute you walk in the door? That your parents are unfeeling assholes who have done nothing but crush your inner child since day 1, and sent you away because they just want to abandon you.

You're contradicting yourself.

Thanks, I should have been more specific. My point is that BOTH of these subtexts exist in the program, and that is indeed contradictory. Like I said, totally schizophrenic.

It's actually consistent with all relevant forms of psychotherapy. Ultimately, regardless of what people say or do, you are solely responsible for your actions and feelings.

This isn't a parent, this is a cultie spouting jibberish "you are soley responsible for your actions and feelings." Oh, that sounds familiar

There is not a medical doctor in the world, nor a half way thoughtful person that would concur with you on that.

If your kid actually existed you'd be killing him now through his torture at Carlbrook. And after he commited suicide you would tell yourself "he was soley responsible for his actions and feelings," you evil bitch. You would have been respobsible for your kid's feelings When you abuse him he gets a surfeit of negative ones.. If your kid had actually existed and was truly so so so miserable and out of control it was because of the home you made for him.  Go die in a hole .

Andacourse, if we're all soley responsible for our feelings and actions what the fuck is the point of any "program," therapy, (not to mention education friendships or parenting at all)

Why do you people talk reason to these peices of shit. they deserve prison or a civil suit, that's it.
« Last Edit: December 31, 1969, 07:00:00 PM by Guest »

Offline try another castle

• Registered Users
    • View Profile
« Reply #2566 on: March 24, 2009, 11:51:41 AM »
Quote from: "Guest"

try another castle wrote:These places always place the blame on the kid, ...

... Would you like to know what they start teaching you the minute you walk in the door? That your parents are unfeeling assholes who have done nothing but crush your inner child since day 1, and sent you away because they just want to abandon you.

You're contradicting yourself.

Thanks, I should have been more specific. My point is that BOTH of these subtexts exist in the program, and that is indeed contradictory. Like I said, totally schizophrenic.

It's actually consistent with all relevant forms of psychotherapy. Ultimately, regardless of what people say or do, you are solely responsible for your actions and feelings.

This isn't a parent, this is a cultie spouting jibberish "you are soley responsible for your actions and feelings." Oh, that sounds familiar

There is not a medical doctor in the world, nor a half way thoughtful person that would concur with you on that.

If your kid actually existed you'd be killing him now through his torture at Carlbrook. And after he commited suicide you would tell yourself "he was soley responsible for his actions and feelings," you evil bitch. You would have been respobsible for your kid's feelings When you abuse him he gets a surfeit of negative ones.. If your kid had actually existed and was truly so so so miserable and out of control it was because of the home you made for him.  Go die in a hole .

Andacourse, if we're all soley responsible for our feelings and actions what the fuck is the point of any "program," therapy, (not to mention education friendships or parenting at all)

Why do you people talk reason to these peices of shit. they deserve prison or a civil suit, that's it.

To be fair, Karen sounded similar in tone to this when she came to the boards. I often wondered why she stayed, since it seemed to me that a parent would have much better things to do than defend the school she sent her son to, but she did, and she's real, not a program shill. (And it's amazing she stuck around as long as she did, too. Long enough to actually change her mind about some things.)

Then, of course, on the other end of capacity for reason, there was anne (Ottowa), who was apparently certifiably insane, and could come off somewhat articulate one minute, and go into a borderline streak of ultimate weirdness the next. I however, cannot vouch for that myself, since she took her leave a bit before I stumbled in here, but I did snoop around in the archives for a bit quite a while ago.

As such, if I get a parent vibe from someone, I'm willing to give them the benefit of the doubt. I just dont have the time or energy to play detective when I get an impression a certain way. Especially since Id rather risk having some shill laugh at me (cause I really dont give a fuck) than alienate someone who sounds like they are actually willing to participate in discourse and had their kid in one of these places. Especially if it will head them off from recommending hovels like these to other parents, which, I think, is probably the most important issue when speaking with a program parent.

Hell, man, think about it this way, the program will attempt to do a bit of indoctrination on your parents as well. The term program parent didnt just fall out of the sky, you know. My own Dad tells me that the reason our relationship can be rocky sometimes is because it's entirely my fault and that the only thing he is guilty of is being an enabler.  (He watches too much TV) The man is a freakin lawyer and he thinks this way. Even if it were mostly my fault, it's logistically impossible for it to be all of my fault. I don't argue with him about it any more. Pick your battles and all.

(still I classify our relationship as relatively functional. We just have bad spots here and there, cause we're like, people, n stuff.)

There are lots of different kinds of parents out there.

I'm as adept at talking trash as anyone on this forum, and sometimes I've done it with parents, too. (I recall giving Karen a tough time now and then.) But other times I'm willing to extend some energy. I'm not completely useless you know, albeit tragically inconsistent.

Regardless, Ive pretty much said all Ive had to say on this.

Offline Anonymous

• View Profile
« Reply #2567 on: March 24, 2009, 01:19:17 PM »
What's more pathetic...

the fake parent posts, or those who take the time responding to them?

scroll down for answer

trick question. you're all equally pathetic  :fuckoff:  :roflmao:

Offline Anonymous

• View Profile
« Reply #2568 on: March 24, 2009, 02:39:01 PM »
Actually, JD, Laura is NEVER there in the mornings, she works from 5:30-9:30 and is sometimes there in the mid-afternoon to help Greg check in packages. My adviser got an email after every single one of my phone calls from Laura with a summary of what I talked about and how I acted. No, they don't cut off your phone calls if you're rude, but it does not go unnoticed and your adviser and thus every other staff member in the school (via staff meetings where they talk about the kids) is informed.

Offline Anonymous

• View Profile
« Reply #2569 on: March 24, 2009, 03:06:15 PM »
Quote from: "lk"
Actually, JD, Laura is NEVER there in the mornings, she works from 5:30-9:30 and is sometimes there in the mid-afternoon to help Greg check in packages. My adviser got an email after every single one of my phone calls from Laura with a summary of what I talked about and how I acted. No, they don't cut off your phone calls if you're rude, but it does not go unnoticed and your adviser and thus every other staff member in the school (via staff meetings where they talk about the kids) is informed.

I have no reason to doubt what you say except for the fact that the phone room has about 5 phone used simultaneously with the supervisor at a desk in the corner. I can't see how anyone can possible monitor the calls. When we're on the phone I can hear all the other chatter -- sometimes it's even hard for us to hear ourselves.

Offline Anonymous

• View Profile
« Reply #2570 on: March 24, 2009, 03:23:15 PM »
 I can assure you that the exercises that came from cedu have nothing to do with valid therapeutic practices.

I'm no expert but from what I've seen while researching this is that these types of workshop predate cedu by many years.

While it's definitely not an endorsement by any means, some of the workshop designs cam from EST. There are also elemnts of Gestalt therapy.

If I haven't mentioned it already, I'm not exactly a fan of most modes of psychotherapy, but I can't say that these methods do not work.

I also don't think it's fair to assume that CB is just another CEDU simply because they may have borrowed from CEDU. They seem to have put a lot of effort into taking and using what's effective and are constantly evolving. As I previously mentioned, I have witnessed some changes in the short time I've been involved with the school.

• Registered Users
    • View Profile
« Reply #2571 on: March 24, 2009, 03:34:13 PM »
I also don't think it's fair to assume that CB is just another CEDU simply because they may have borrowed from CEDU.

I do have to address this. (And I could have sworn someone wrote this exact same thing quite a while ago... hmmm..)

CB did not borrow anything from CEDU. CB is a cedu CLONE. The same way that Kids of North Jersey or AARC is a clone of straight inc. It was started by CEDU staff,  or CEDU clone staff, and is also run by them. I would say that an example of a facility borrowing something would be something like the hyde schools having a workshop very similar to the imagine propheet or Jackie Danforth starting that new horizons wilderness thingy for girls. CB isn't borrowing. It is the next generation of CEDU schools.

While it's definitely not an endorsement by any means, some of the workshop designs cam from EST. There are also elemnts of Gestalt therapy.

Allow me to elaborate on that.

Influences:
Synanon (specifically group dynamic attributes as dictated by "the game")
LGAT such as EST and Lifespring
Bioenergetic analysis
Primal Scream
Gestalt therapy
Ideology and standards derived from the human potential movement.

Please note that in ALL of these items listed, the best anyone can say of any of them is that they are classified as experimental. Many of these tactics, however, have either been debunked, are considered quackery, are considered downright abusive, or are at the very least considered controversial. (And btw, IMO, gestalt therapy is a bunch of malarkey as well, and also developed in the 70s and 80s, right around the same time as LGAT. It is not to be conflated with gestalt psychology, which has been around for quite a bit longer.)

In addition, most of the people who administer this "therapy" in these places have no credentials or license. A lot of these places, such as CB, and the CEDU schools, do have valid therapists, but they do not take part in everything, and do not facilitate the exercises that dictate the program. They are at best, on the periphery.
« Last Edit: March 24, 2009, 04:01:24 PM by try another castle »

Offline Anonymous

• View Profile
« Reply #2572 on: March 24, 2009, 03:35:30 PM »

This isn't a parent,

Whatever you say. I sure wish it wasn't necessary to be a CB parent.

this is a cultie spouting jibberish

Tell that to the staff to whom I've been a thorn in the side of.

"you are soley responsible for your actions and feelings." Oh, that sounds familiar

It should. It's a basic mantra of the psych field.

First of all, they're not my words and I believe it's too simplistic; regardless, you're clearly ignorant as to what psychotherapy is.

You sound deeply disturbed. Perhaps you should seek professional help.

Offline Anonymous

• View Profile
« Reply #2573 on: March 24, 2009, 04:34:09 PM »

You sound like a child killer. Perhhaps you should be shot in the head.

It should. It's a basic mantra of the psych field.

That's the most absurd thing I've ever heard.
There's no such thing as a basic "mantra" in science. Mantras are in cults and religions, a *cult* being where you got that mantra.
http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Mantra

If you knew anything about science, instead of abuction and torture and cruelty, you'd see that. Please site your source that "you are soley responsible for your feelings and actions" is a basic "psychiatric mantra." I'd love to hear where you get that.  Academicaly I am studying psych so I know your source is your cult, not science or research.

Basic scientific fact denotes  the opposite.

Dont beleive me? google the term. see what comes up. Call your local hospital ask to speak the chief of psychiatric dept and ask him if that's a basic "mantra" OR if its true. See what he says.

If we were all soley responsible for our feelings and actions their wouldnt BE a field of psychiatry. Psychiary, like all healing arts, is  BASED IN THE FACT that a person, their *consciousness,*  doesnt have don't have "control" over thier bodies, the mind is the body as well. We cant choose to be immortal. We cant and don't simply choose to be functional or happy, empathic, intelligent or not hallucinate--hence the necessity for the field of psychiarty

Anyone want to tell me which contradictory Synanon division that idiotic "mantra" comes from, contradictory in that if we're all so soley repsonsible for our feelings and actions then there's no need for  a program  because we are so supposedly "out of control."  I hear that a lot around here, particularly from the WWASPites. But which Synanon division started it?

Offline Anonymous

• View Profile
« Reply #2574 on: March 24, 2009, 04:45:42 PM »

CB did not borrow anything from CEDU. CB is a cedu CLONE.

I just watched part the first 5 parts of Liam's CEDU documentary to get a better idea of CEDU. To say that CEDU was an aweful place is an understatement.

I have to say though that other than some clear similarities in varoious programs, there is no comparison to CB.

As I've mentioned, there are some things at CB that I don't like, but if it truly was anything like CEDU not only would I have yanked my son long ago, I never would have sent him there.

IMO, CB is nowhere near being a CEDU clone. If you honestly want to make and propagate that assessment, you must visit the school, participate in the parent meetings and see the reality. While you too will not see it as being perfect, if you're honest, you will cease to see it as just another CEDU.

It was a difficult decision. I looked at many places and it was frustrating. Every time I thought we had found a good school I'd find horror stories. I think made the right choice.

Offline Anonymous

• View Profile
« Reply #2575 on: March 24, 2009, 04:48:09 PM »

Quote from: Guest

Thank you for proving my point.

Offline Anonymous

• View Profile
« Reply #2576 on: March 24, 2009, 05:18:07 PM »
Whoopsie! Looks like this "parent" forgot which name he was using.

Thank you for playing, please try again!

Offline Anonymous

• View Profile
« Reply #2577 on: March 24, 2009, 05:27:43 PM »

lol. Then no answer about where you got the information that "you are solely responsible for your thoughts and actions" is "a basic psychiatric mantra" ?

We know it wasn't any legitimate text .

As you said, you got it from "staff at Carlbrook."

The utterly incompetent, unprofessional, uneducated, youth torturing staff at Synanon cult-division, Carlbrook. Of whom you are a member, no doubt.

Any survivors know where that "mantra" derived? Liam? Castle? Dish? Ursus? ..uh, Santa?

Offline Anonymous

• View Profile
« Reply #2578 on: March 24, 2009, 05:36:02 PM »

Yup, you used your wrong screen name "Carl brook parent." You are an inadequate to the charge of being a human being, staff at an institution, cult disciple, or even a troll

• Registered Users
    • View Profile
« Reply #2579 on: March 24, 2009, 05:38:21 PM »
you must visit the school, participate in the parent meetings and see the reality.

The only way to see the reality is to be a student, or at least, an alumn from a sister school. (points to self.) I personally knew Tim Brace, btw. He was the headmaster at RMA while I was there.

There are at least two (if memory serves) CB alum currently posting on this forum that paint an almost identical picture to what happens at CEDU in terms of propheets, raps and workshops. Softer, maybe, in terms of restrictions, full-times, work details (I wouldnt know) but still tough love, and still  uber culty.

It still uses attack therapy.
« Last Edit: March 24, 2009, 06:06:15 PM by try another castle »