Author Topic: Confrence  (Read 2476 times)

Offline bandit1978

• View Profile
Confrence
« on: July 27, 2005, 08:52:00 AM »
I once heard of a small number of people (okay, maybe one person) going to a parent support meeting of Provo Canyon School (meeting was in CA).  This person approached the parents outside of the building, and gave them pamphlet.  I'm not sure if anything resulted from it.  

But I have both the time and inclination to take part in something like that.
« Last Edit: December 31, 1969, 07:00:00 PM by Guest »
egan Flynn
RN
Survivor- Provo Canyon School

Offline Anonymous

• View Profile
Confrence
« Reply #1 on: July 27, 2005, 09:00:00 AM »
How would one get to here about such meetings?

Offline Anonymous

• View Profile
Confrence
« Reply #2 on: July 27, 2005, 11:55:00 AM »
On 2005-07-27 08:24:00, Three Springs Waygookin wrote:

"Yall know who we need?

We need Doc Phil or Oprah... now thats a viewing base that has got some political clout. "

You're kidding, right?

Offline Antigen

• View Profile
    • http://wwf.Fornits.com/
Confrence
« Reply #3 on: July 27, 2005, 01:55:00 PM »
You know Dr. Phil sent at least one kid to PCS on one of his shows, right?

Janis, Jimi, Gery, Timothy... Did you HAVE to get so close to the edge to get a really good view?
-- Anonymous

"Don\'t let the past remind us of what we are not now."
~ Crosby Stills Nash & Young, Sweet Judy Blue Eyes

Offline Anonymous

• View Profile
Confrence
« Reply #4 on: July 27, 2005, 11:29:00 PM »
Montel even sent his own kid... I guess they really i buy their own bullshit sometimes. At least he believed his son and apologized, and did that show against wwasp and straight. That was great.

Offline Anonymous

• View Profile
Confrence
« Reply #5 on: July 28, 2005, 07:32:00 PM »
I don't think it would be too hard.  Considering how many famous people have direct experience with these sort of places, Motel regrettably had his son in one, Paris Hilton was in Provo Canyon School, so was Jello Biafra of the Dead Kennedys.   I'm sure there's many more.   C'mon people, with the law of separation, and the time and dedication a lot of us have, we could arrange a great event where bands could play and celebrities could speak out against the teen prison industry.   All we would need is some really big names on the bill, a place and a permit to hold the show, plenty of parking, etc.  Part of the revenue from the tickets/vendors could pay for the stage, lights, crew, and security.  It'd be great to have a really big outdoor concert.  We could encourage the audience to do things that would make a difference- write their representatives, sign petitions, boycott places like Jamaica, and the advertisers on Brat Camp.  I know it all sounds like pipe dreams now, but hey, you never know....

I first met you and the ideas you uphold while incarcerated
A victim of a social experiment
Eventually addicted to your eight hour injections of hypocrisy and arrogance and greed
Forced to sit with complicity in front of my executioners
As they bludgeoned me with their so called superior values and demanded my submission

I became an indentured servant in a factory
Where I myself was the product
Whose' useful quality was to protect their palaces
Every word uttered from their mouths strangled me

So that every thought I express
Shall sow the seed for the noose around their necks
And set fire to their homes

And every word uttered from their mouths strangled me
So that every thought I express
Shall sow the seed for the noose around their necks
And set fire to their homes

And it all shall fall by the grace of the people and
It all shall fall by the grace of the people and
It all shall fall
-RATM

Offline Anonymous

• View Profile
Confrence
« Reply #6 on: July 30, 2005, 09:49:00 PM »
Paris Hilton: I need a disguise

http://www.chicagoflame.com/media/paper ... 4086.shtml

"...As Hiltons' new reality show on the Fox, "The Simple Life," hits the airwaves, "Star" reports that Paris has had plenty of practice living a stripped-down lifestyle." At 17, Paris spent a year at the Provo Canyon School in Orem, Utah. The facility has been described as an "exclusive institution for troubled kids, a lockdown facility for troubled teens whose parents could no longer control them."

The school boasts a drug and alcohol treatment program.

The Hilton family has officially said that she was pulled out of regular school because she had a stalker. "Star" reports, however, that the real reason for the holding campus was because, "her parents were scared she'd end up in trouble if they didn't do something to curb her wild partying."

The truth is, her parents pulled her from the school after like two weeks because they found out what the place really was, it probably took two weeks before she could get any contact with the outside world.

Offline Anonymous

• View Profile
Confrence
« Reply #7 on: August 01, 2005, 09:49:00 AM »
Could you imagine the staff trying to handle Paris Hilton, especially at 17 years old? She has her sexy routine down pat, must of been interesting at least...

Offline Nihilanthic

• View Profile
Confrence
« Reply #8 on: August 01, 2005, 10:13:00 AM »
PCS? I heard Paris was in CEDU... WTF?

Just because you do not take an interest in politics, doesn't mean politics won't take an interest in you.
http://www.amazon.com/exec/obidos/ASIN/0684863952/circlofmiamithem' target='_new'> PERICLES (430 BC)

DannyB on the internet:I CALLED A LAWYER TODAY TO SEE IF I COULD SUE YOUR ASSES FOR DOING THIS BUT THAT WAS NOT POSSIBLE.

CCMGirl on program restraints: "DON\'T TAZ ME BRO!!!!!"

TheWho on program survivors: "From where I sit I see all the anit-program[sic] people doing all the complaining and crying."

Offline Anonymous

• View Profile
Confrence
« Reply #9 on: August 01, 2005, 12:15:00 PM »
On 2005-08-01 07:13:00, Nihilanthic wrote:

"PCS? I heard Paris was in CEDU... WTF?

Just because you do not take an interest in politics, doesn't mean politics won't take an interest in you.
http://www.amazon.com/exec/obidos/ASIN/0684863952/circlofmiamithem' target='_new'> PERICLES (430 BC)

"

And I heard she was at Cross Creek Manor.  Did she really do the rounds of the teen abuse industry or is it just that every program likes to boast "Paris Hilton was here"?

Offline Nihilanthic

• View Profile
Confrence
« Reply #10 on: August 01, 2005, 01:05:00 PM »
Who the fuck would boast that Paris was there? Id say the horrible conditions and repression were what made her such a party animal when she got out!!

A human being should be able to change a diaper, plan an invasion, butcher a hog, conn a ship, design a building, write a sonnet, balance accounts, build a wall, set a bone, comfort the dying, take orders, give orders, cooperate, act alone, solve equations, analyze a new problem, pitch manure, program a computer, cook a tasty meal, fight efficiently, die gallantly. Specialization is for insects.
-- Robert Heinlein

DannyB on the internet:I CALLED A LAWYER TODAY TO SEE IF I COULD SUE YOUR ASSES FOR DOING THIS BUT THAT WAS NOT POSSIBLE.

CCMGirl on program restraints: "DON\'T TAZ ME BRO!!!!!"

TheWho on program survivors: "From where I sit I see all the anit-program[sic] people doing all the complaining and crying."

Offline Anonymous

• View Profile
Confrence
« Reply #11 on: August 01, 2005, 08:41:00 PM »
LOL  :rofl: