Author Topic: Here is whats up  (Read 3384 times)

Offline Anonymous

• View Profile
Here is whats up
« on: July 22, 2005, 05:19:00 PM »
Okay, I am going to clear some things up, basically so that everyone is able to understand exactley what goes on there at the Whitmore. There is no "physical" abuse there is the way that people get beat up and hurt, but at the same time I can see how there may be. Students there get a lack of sleep, either from a late night group, too much for us to do, or the fact that we just had to stick to schedule and get up at a certain time. Also, there is a sufficent lack of food there, that any kid there would be able to complain about. All day you would hear people wanting for food, or wondering when there will be food. Although we werent starved because eventualy everyone just decided to take food if they got to hungry and would take the risk of getting in trouble. "emotional" abuse is something that is a big thing there. In group people would gte be littled and brought down to make them feel as if they were nothing, but then she would "reprove with love", which I am sorry but that is not something you can do to a teenager going through one of the weirdest times of there lives. Dr. Bernie Farrow, is a licenced PhD, but they just call him a consouler even though everyone there calls it "therapy." Some concerns that I see there could be the lack of supervision, but the kids are prtty well behaved and are just trying to have some fun during their teenage years. People there are scared of Cheryl, and would do anything just not to get in trouble from her. Although getting in trouble isnt anything major, all that happens is you have to go workout with Ben the martial arts teacher while they go to Provo and see a movie and eat at Burger King. The biigest concern I have there is the lack of nutrition. The food made there is by no means nutritious, and could lead to a long term sickness if eaten there a lot. Well I just wanted to clear some things there as a student who was once there and now is not.

Mackey

P.S. If there are things that I forgot to cover just ask me, and I will add them.
« Last Edit: December 31, 1969, 07:00:00 PM by Guest »

Offline Anonymous

• View Profile
Here is whats up
« Reply #1 on: July 22, 2005, 05:33:00 PM »
If the students get beat up and hurt, then this is a form of "physical abuse." Why are kids being beat up and hurt at the Whitmore? That is the issue.

Can you explain in more detail what goes on in "therapy" with Dr. Bernie Farrow? Did you have therapy sessions with him yourself? And how ofen? Were you told my anyone to deny that therapy was going on at Whitmore?

Offline mom2three

• View Profile
Here is whats up
« Reply #2 on: July 22, 2005, 05:41:00 PM »
Thank you Mackey for posting such a straightforward factual statement. Your words carry alot of weight.

It is really easy for people to dismiss the affects of the emotional abuse unless they have been in that kind of situation. Most times you end up questioning everything and you just do not know how to act. Its very much like you loose a sense of self. As you eluded to, when a teenager is in a position of questioning who they are and what they stand for, this kind of "therapy" often just causes further confusion and pain.

Many times over the years I have often said I WISH they had beat the crap out of me because I would have at least known for sure what the heck happened there. They may not have laid a finger on me, but by God they left some bruises and there is no doubt in my mind this many years later that what they do is abuse.

Thank you Mackey, I hope you have a wonderful future now that this stage of your life is over. I hope in realising what happened so early on, you are able to put it behind you sooner rather than later.

Offline Anonymous

• View Profile
Here is whats up
« Reply #3 on: July 22, 2005, 07:07:00 PM »
What do you mean by "all day wanting for food?"
Would these be the days that no breakfast or lunch was provided because the students were going to a "buffet" for the dinner meal?
OR were there just days that no meals were provided?

What types of foods were served that you considered "unhealthy" or that the kids could get sick from?

Did any of you kids ever just say: Our parents pay you LOTS OF MONEY--why don't you feed us 3 meals a day, and provide nutritious snack foods?

Offline Anonymous

• View Profile
Here is whats up
« Reply #4 on: July 22, 2005, 08:43:00 PM »
Yes, it is refreshing to hear from a teen about their experience in a program like Whitmore (or any program for that matter.) in such a mature, articulate manner.

Mackey's parents should be very proud of their son.  He's obviously very intelligent and has the kind of character and integrity that will serve him well as he makes the transition from teen to young adult.

Best of luck to you Mackey. Keep it real and the communication lines with your parents open. You are one of the lucky ones!

:nworthy:

Offline Anonymous

• View Profile
Here is whats up
« Reply #5 on: July 24, 2005, 10:56:00 AM »
Mackey, do you know how your parents heard about Whitmore Academy, and who REFERRED you to this "school?"  BTW, glad you are doing well!

Offline Tha Truth

• View Profile
Here is whats up
« Reply #6 on: July 25, 2005, 03:24:00 AM »
Mackey,
I don't know you, but I've been on and off this site for awhile trying to convince people to just be real about everything. Thanks for speaking honestly. Hopefully this will have a positive effect on people who are still scared to speak out.
-Anneliese
Tha truth will find you out\"

Offline Anonymous

• View Profile
Here is whats up
« Reply #7 on: July 26, 2005, 01:38:00 PM »
Mackey, saw you were denied access to the Whitmore Forum. That seems unfair, don't you think?

Offline Antigen

• View Profile
    • http://wwf.Fornits.com/
Here is whats up
« Reply #8 on: July 26, 2005, 03:33:00 PM »
Wow! Looks like everybody's been denied access to the forum now.

That which does not kill you can make you stronger, but I really never needed to be this strong.

http://www.geocities.com/Athens/Delphi/5580/straight.html' target='_new'>Scott Wagner

"Don\'t let the past remind us of what we are not now."
~ Crosby Stills Nash & Young, Sweet Judy Blue Eyes

Offline Anonymous

• View Profile
Here is whats up
« Reply #9 on: July 26, 2005, 11:52:00 PM »
On 2005-07-24 07:56:00, Anonymous wrote:

"Mackey, do you know how your parents heard about Whitmore Academy, and who REFERRED you to this "school?"  BTW, glad you are doing well!"

Man, thats one bone I got to pick. My parents paid $42,000 for me to go there, and the school itself only costs $35,000, so the other $7,000 that they paid went to Sue, who said that she was not at all a spokesperson for the Whitmore. Thank you, I am glad that I am doing good as well.

Offline Anonymous

• View Profile
Here is whats up
« Reply #10 on: July 27, 2005, 04:01:00 PM »
Sue Scheff "not a spokesperson for the Whitmore?" She refer parents and their children to the Whitmore and is paid, and paid well for these referrals, and spoke highly of the Sudweeks, and this so-called "school."
Mackey, how do you know she was paid this $7,000?

Offline Anonymous

• View Profile
Here is whats up
« Reply #11 on: July 28, 2005, 10:31:00 AM »
I was told by Cheryl one day when I was talking to herabout the price of the place. She brought up that it wasonly $35,000, and I told her that my parents paid a good $42,000, and she said that the other $7,000 more than likely went to "Sue Scheff"

Offline Anonymous

• View Profile
Here is whats up
« Reply #12 on: July 29, 2005, 09:31:00 AM »
Perhaps Scheff might get to answer some questions in a deposition? Portions of another Scheff depostion are available here on fornits, so everyone is aware just how "honest" she can be or not be when deposed, right?  LOL

Offline Anonymous

• View Profile
Here is whats up
« Reply #13 on: July 31, 2005, 11:41:00 PM »
These type questions will be answered in discovery to the Civil Suit, and when depositions are taken.

Offline Anonymous

• View Profile
Here is whats up
« Reply #14 on: August 01, 2005, 06:39:00 PM »
WOW! $7,000 for one placement, and at one time the Whitmore had about 40 kids. Now that's a bunch of money in Ms. Scheff's pocket...no wonder she likes these people, huh?