Author Topic: Tranquility Bay Students Found  (Read 2312 times)

Offline Anonymous

• View Profile
Tranquility Bay Students Found
« on: July 20, 2005, 08:16:00 PM »
I love how their source info for this story is Tranquility Bay Treatment Center. That?s some good investigative reporting?

---------------------------

Wednesday July 20, 7:49 pm ET

MONTEGO BAY, Jamaica, July 20 /PRNewswire/ -- Two students missing from treatment center Tranquility Bay (TB) since July 17, have been found, according to TB director, Jay Kay.
Tranquility Bay (TB) is a residential treatment center for troubled teens in St. Elizabeth Parish, Jamaica.

ADVERTISEMENT

The boys, aged 16 and 17 are both U.S. nationals. They went missing at approximately 21:00 local time, July 17. Both boys face expulsion from the school in accordance with TB policy.

"We're extremely relieved to have these boys back in safe hands," said Kay. "It's been a trying few days, to say the least."

Kay praised the work of local police and the investigative agency he hired to find the two boys. He also lauded the local media -- television and newspapers -- many of which ran stories on the missing teenagers, helping in their eventual discovery.

Says Kay: "The collaboration between the police, the investigation agency we hired and local media has been outstanding. It was crucial in finding these two boys and getting them back to safety."

The boys escaped the TB campus as staff were preparing for students to move to a safe part of the campus as Hurricane Emily approached Jamaica.

"We have learned through other students that the boys had planned this run-away for some time," said Kay.

The duration of the boys' absence from TB is unprecedented, according to Kay. While other students have run away from TB in the past, all have been picked up within hours of leaving the campus.

TB students tend to be teenagers from the U.S. who have become involved in behavior such as alcohol and drug-use, truancy, petty crime and parental disrespect. The school employs a points system whereby students earn their way to higher levels and greater privileges. Students and their families also have to attend intense educational seminars designed to bring families together. In addition, TB students attend weekly individual and group therapy sessions with a therapist licensed in the U.S.

TB opened in 1997 and currently has 200 students enrolled. It is part of the seven-member World Wide Association of Specialty Programs & Schools (WWASPS) headquartered in St. George, Utah.

--------------------------------------------------------------------------------
Source: Tranquility Bay Treatment Center
« Last Edit: December 31, 1969, 07:00:00 PM by Guest »

Offline Anonymous

• View Profile
« Reply #1 on: July 20, 2005, 08:28:00 PM »
I'll bet these kids have one HELL of a story to tell!

So how did the kid get demoted from being 18 to being 17 in the matter of one day? Strange.

Both boys face expulsion from the school in accordance with TB policy.

FUCK YA! This is exactly they wanted!

Show the other kids by running you get to go home, I'm sure that policy will work out quite well for you Lichfield, stupid fuck.

Godspeed brave teenagers, your hell will be over soon enough!

:evil:

Offline Anonymous

• View Profile
« Reply #2 on: July 20, 2005, 09:16:00 PM »
Notice that pepper spray jay had to hire an outside source to find the kids.  Just before the kids are expelled he'll hit the parents for the RUN expenses.  What a deal!

Offline Anonymous

• View Profile
« Reply #3 on: July 20, 2005, 10:19:00 PM »
It always warms my heart to hear that the spirit and fervor of youth is not dead.  Those kids must have been so brave, knowing full-well that Tranquility Bay is in the middle of impoverished  NOWHERE, that they would stick-out like sore thumbs, that the town's people get paid by the school for returning run-aways, and there's the hurricane!  God damn, and they still took the chance, and made it for a few days!  They are heroes, that's fer sure.  I wonder though, in the article it said that they were moving the students to a "safe part of the campus"?  I've never been to TB, but from my research, isn't it right on the coast?  Shouldn't they be evacuating that place all together?  Do they have a bunker or something?  And how the hell do they plan to keep 200 kids in there?  Some things in that article don't add up.

Offline Anonymous

• View Profile
« Reply #4 on: July 21, 2005, 05:22:00 AM »
Both boys face expulsion from the school in accordance with TB policy.

Really?  Usually this is code for "we will send them to Tranquility Bay."  Is this just Pepper Spray Jay trying to pretend they won't be causing any more trouble for the locals?

Offline 4peace

• View Profile
« Reply #5 on: July 21, 2005, 05:44:00 AM »
"Investigative agency"?  Hmm, is this anything like the *kidnappers*, I mean "transport agency" that brings the kids to that place?  
Wonder why they didn't just count on the police-in-their-pocket to find the boys?

Offline Anonymous

• View Profile
« Reply #6 on: July 21, 2005, 12:18:00 PM »
These boys will NOT BE COMING HOME. You can count on THAT!

Offline Anonymous

• View Profile
« Reply #7 on: July 21, 2005, 01:11:00 PM »
They will be transferred elsewhere.  They will NOT go home.

Offline Anonymous

• View Profile
« Reply #8 on: July 21, 2005, 03:03:00 PM »
Was there a bounty on these boy's heads?

You know ... reward money?

Offline Antigen

• View Profile
    • http://wwf.Fornits.com/
« Reply #9 on: July 21, 2005, 03:55:00 PM »
What ya' wanna bet they're headed for Costa Rica? What's the new name for Dundee Ranch?

There lives more faith, in honest doubt,
Believe me, than in half the creeds.
http://www.tatteredcover.com/NASApp/store/IndexJsp?s=showproduct&affiliateId=000095&isbn=0753816571' target='_new'>Alfred Lord Tennyson

"Don\'t let the past remind us of what we are not now."
~ Crosby Stills Nash & Young, Sweet Judy Blue Eyes

Offline OverLordd

• View Profile
« Reply #10 on: July 21, 2005, 04:47:00 PM »
Hey anon, can you find that link for me? I need to know exactly where that came from.
our walking down a hallway, you turn left, you turn right. BRICK WALL!

GAH!!!!

Yeah, hes a survivor.

Offline BuzzKill

• View Profile
« Reply #11 on: July 21, 2005, 05:09:00 PM »
//What ya' wanna bet they're headed for Costa Rica? What's the new name for Dundee Ranch?//

Pillars of Hope - and I thought the same thing.

edited on request

*[ This Message was edited by: BuzzKill on 2005-07-21 14:33 ]

Offline Anonymous

• View Profile
« Reply #12 on: July 22, 2005, 04:09:00 AM »
On 2005-07-21 12:55:00, Antigen wrote:

"What ya' wanna bet they're headed for Costa Rica? What's the new name for Dundee Ranch?

There lives more faith, in honest doubt,
Believe me, than in half the creeds.
http://www.tatteredcover.com/NASApp/store/IndexJsp?s=showproduct&affiliateId=000095&isbn=0753816571' target='_new'>Alfred Lord Tennyson

"

I don't think so.  Pillars of Hope is for WWASP grads whose parents still don't want them home.  :???:  Even when it was Dundee Ranch TB was the ultimate threat.

Offline Anonymous

• View Profile
« Reply #13 on: July 23, 2005, 06:51:00 AM »
I love how their source info for this story is Tranquility Bay Treatment Center. That?s some good investigative reporting

It's not supposed to be reporting.  This is the offical WWASP press release.