Author Topic: Here's mine. Thanks for the email address  (Read 2006 times)

Offline iCare

• View Profile
Here's mine. Thanks for the email address
« on: July 15, 2005, 01:49:00 AM »
First I'd like to say thank you for bringing about Brat Camp. I've heard alot of horror stories about what goes on in a wilderness camp and was curious as to what it was really like. Now I know that it is just as nightmarish as it sounded.

1. Oatmeal, lentils and rice for 2 meals out of three is not nearly enough nutrician or calories to sustain a growing body. Especially one that is overly physically exerted. Where are the 3 servings of fruits and vegetables a day? Where is the milk group?

2. "Showers" once a week? That would make a person feel filthy. How can their self esteem be nourished that way?

3. Why must even the hope in returning home be taken away from them when that's all they have left? Being told they will be home by Christmas then changing their minds and saying that no one is ready to go home before Christmas? That's psychological abuse. The point of the camp is to teach a child how to be obedient. If they have already been doing everything they've been told to do, then why is their time spent there increased?

4. Being taken away from your family and forced to stay in a remote location in a tent is bad enough. Why do the counsellors keep making them do worse and worse things? That is sadistic.

I know your intentions to create this show were good, but please please try and put yourself in these childrens' position. Think of something you absolutely hate and being made to do that day in and day out. You were once a teenager too. Would you have deserved this treatment? I was a teen and did some of what these kids did but i turned out to be a responsible person in society. My soul feels like it's wounded because of these kids' pain.
« Last Edit: December 31, 1969, 07:00:00 PM by Guest »

Offline OverLordd

• View Profile
« Reply #1 on: July 15, 2005, 08:37:00 AM »
Indeed your right, I dont have anything to add here, good job, keep it up. Welcome to fornits.
our walking down a hallway, you turn left, you turn right. BRICK WALL!

GAH!!!!

Yeah, hes a survivor.

Offline Antigen

• View Profile
    • http://wwf.Fornits.com/
« Reply #2 on: July 15, 2005, 11:40:00 AM »
On 2005-07-14 22:49:00, iCare wrote:

Why must even the hope in returning home be taken away from them when that's all they have left?

The whole object of these programs, whether wilderness, boot camp or RTC, is to break the kids. I know, I know, they sell the parents on fresh air, structure and vigerous excercise. And, guided by the professional sales people, you envision a good, wholesome setting and overall good experience for your kids. But what they really mean to do is simply to break these disobedient kids just like cur dogs.

I'm just glad to see that so many people are seeing through the scam. I think maybe the troubled parent industry has overplayed their hand on this one. Bear in mind that whatever they're showing on TV is likely a very watered down version of what goes on when there's not a camera crew around. But, evidently, they're too far gone in their own alternate reality to even put on a good enough show.

We need cops.

We can't live without 'em.

But they need to start working for us....

That's no longer an option.

They've pushed it.

They've gone to far.

They've just gone to far.
http://www.freedomtoexhale.com/rb.htm' target='_new'>Tom Crosslin

"Don\'t let the past remind us of what we are not now."
~ Crosby Stills Nash & Young, Sweet Judy Blue Eyes

Offline Anonymous

• View Profile
« Reply #3 on: July 15, 2005, 11:55:00 AM »
But, evidently, they're too far gone in their own alternate reality to even put on a good enough show.

I wonder if they will ever do a "Brat Gulag" at Tranquility Bay.

"And now Susie, the little shit who was raped as a 12-year-old (feeble excuse), has put her own life and those of others at risk by looking out of the window so now the staff will have to beat the shi ... I mean restrain her."