Author Topic: and yet nothing has changed  (Read 3218 times)

Offline Anonymous

• View Profile
and yet nothing has changed
« on: July 12, 2005, 01:46:00 PM »
what's all this chatting, and nothing has changed-- let's see some action
Petition link! please sign!

http://www.petitiononline.com/hr1738/petition.html

read the bill the petition refers to here:

http://thomas.loc.gov/cgi-bin/query/z?c109:H.R.1738.IH:

also see http://www.caica.org
« Last Edit: December 31, 1969, 07:00:00 PM by Guest »

Offline Anonymous

• View Profile
« Reply #1 on: July 12, 2005, 10:01:00 PM »
June 27, 2005

Dear XXXXX,

Thank you for contacting me regarding my involvement
with the Kids Helping Kids Organization.  It is good to hear from you.

Kids Helping Kids is an organization that strives to assist
teens 13 to 21 to overcome drug abuse and alcohol problems and return to healthy, productive lifestyles.  Along with Ambassador Rob Portman, Senator Jim Bunning, and Congressmen Steve Chabot and Ken Lucas; I am on the Honorary Board of Directors. It is unfortunate that this organization is needed in this day and age, however I am encouraged by its ability to help teens in the Cincinnati area overcome a difficult disease.  I am proud to be on
the Honorary Board of such an important resource for our
community.

Thank you again for contacting me regarding my
community involvement.  Please continue to keep me informed of the issues that concern you.

Sincerely,
John A. Boehner
[Republican Representative to Congress from Ohio]

Offline Anonymous

• View Profile
« Reply #2 on: July 12, 2005, 10:06:00 PM »
from the petition link in the first post:

"To:   Senator John Boehner Chairman of Committee on Education and the Workforce,  U.S. Congress, Senator Henry Hyde Chairman of Committee on International Relations, Committee on International Relations-Subcommittee on Africa, Global Human Rights and International Relations.

The undersigned citizens respectfully petition for the passage of the End Institutionalized Abuse Against Children Act of 2005 (Introduced in House) HR 1738 IH to assure the safety of American children in foreign-based and domestic institutions.

Sincerely,

The Undersigned "

It looks like we're asking the devil for some ice... :eek:

Offline Antigen

• View Profile
    • http://wwf.Fornits.com/
« Reply #3 on: July 13, 2005, 12:17:00 PM »
Exactly my take on it. If you look into the history of the Baker and Marchman acts, they both started out as attempts to protect people from evangelical mental health professionals.

I think that, all good intentions aside, this is a red herring. We already have laws against the kinds of child abuse that go on in the troubled parent industry. Unfortunately, the people charged w/ enforcement tacitly approve of those abuses. I'd get behind an init to criminally charge a few of those bastards for decades of dereliction of duty. We could start w/ Senator John Boehner and work our way down the Committee on Education and the Workforce.

A celibate clergy is an especially good idea because it tends to suppress any hereditary propensity toward fanaticism.
--Carl Sagan, American astronomer and author

"Don\'t let the past remind us of what we are not now."
~ Crosby Stills Nash & Young, Sweet Judy Blue Eyes

Offline Anonymous

• View Profile
« Reply #4 on: July 13, 2005, 02:14:00 PM »
http://http://edworkforce.house.gov/members/109th/mem-fc.htm

Are you saying the Committee is supposed to be enforcing laws against child abuse, and that they are failing to do so?

Offline Deprogrammed

• View Profile
    • http://www.pathwayfamilycenter.fornits.com
« Reply #5 on: July 20, 2005, 01:55:00 AM »

Not a place upon earth might be so happy as America. Her situation is remote from all the wrangling world, and she has nothing to do but to trade with them.
--Thomas Paine

"So, you can make me cum ...that doesn\'t make you, Jesus"....Tori Amos copyright
Read about Pathway Family Centers here.

Offline Deprogrammed

• View Profile
« Reply #6 on: July 26, 2005, 06:22:00 PM »
Please support your fellow survivors and abused today! time is of the essence!
Thank you in advance for your thoughtful consideration, time and support on these very delicate matters.
Take care,
-DP
p.s. Please help to spread the word about these petitions if ye can....this really needs to take on more "group" control to accomplish the goals we have lying ahead of us. If this helps anyone I have been online looking for any form of abuse websites and posting the petitions there as well as local media newspaper blogs. I signed the Provo Canyon Petition to support their causes,  althhough I have not gone through there. If we are to get anywhere with this we need to all do our part to help, even if ye feel that it is small.

"Together we stand; Divided we fall!"- Pink Floyd 1970-something
- ye know they make a very good argument in that song, and the whole movie, "The Wall" reminds me a whole lot of this whole ordeal b/c of the well oiled machine factors of both. Well, in my humble opinion ye have to turn off and disassemble all parts of one machine in order to dispose of it properly and safely, so let us do it now!

They know that it is human nature to take up causes whereby a man may oppress his neighbor, no matter how unjustly. ... Hence they have had no trouble in finding men who would preach the damnability and heresy of the new doctrine from the very pulpit.
--Galileo Galilei, Italian astronomer

[ This Message was edited by: Deprogrammed on 2005-07-26 15:26 ]
"So, you can make me cum ...that doesn\'t make you, Jesus"....Tori Amos copyright

Offline Anonymous

• View Profile
« Reply #7 on: July 26, 2005, 10:08:00 PM »
Sometimes a monkey wrench comes in handy.

Offline Deprogrammed

• View Profile
« Reply #8 on: August 01, 2005, 10:00:00 PM »
About to throw a few "Monkey wrenches" into their plans very soon now aren't we?
 :wink:

Government operates best when it allows all messengers to offer their views, allowing the American people to decide which take root and which wither away.
--Harold Furchtgott-Roth, member of the Federal Communications Commission

Offline Anonymous

• View Profile
« Reply #9 on: September 06, 2005, 11:31:00 PM »
476 signatures and counting everybody- please keep forwarding and spreading the word!  This is really a wrd of mouth effort

Offline Anonymous

• View Profile
« Reply #10 on: September 07, 2005, 02:26:00 PM »
Dear Proud and blind to the truth,
Until you have been locked up and sentnced to 18 months on a hard bench and forced to be brainwashed you will continue to be "proud" of being on the board. Listen to what the survivors are saying. No one derserves the abuse we suffered. Penny Walker continues to condone this because she has no freaking idea what is really going on. I was there in the later part of 1988, and stayed my entire sentence, not one time did i see her in the group. She was in her little office with the door closed so she could remain blind.
Survivors unite please!
  ::deal::

Offline Deprogrammed

• View Profile
« Reply #11 on: September 11, 2005, 01:03:00 AM »
Whoever ye are please p.m. me if ye can
warm regards,
-DP

Facts are stubborn things; and whatever may be our wishes, our inclinations, or the dictates of our passions, they cannot alter the state of facts and evidence.
--John Adams

Offline Deprogrammed

• View Profile
« Reply #12 on: September 14, 2005, 07:25:00 PM »
On 2005-07-26 15:22:00, Deprogrammed wrote:

"Please support your fellow survivors and abused today! time is of the essence!

Thank you in advance for your thoughtful consideration, time and support on these very delicate matters.

Take care,

-DP

p.s. Please help to spread the word about these petitions if ye can....this really needs to take on more "group" control to accomplish the goals we have lying ahead of us. If this helps anyone I have been online looking for any form of abuse websites and posting the petitions there as well as local media newspaper blogs. I signed the Provo Canyon Petition to support their causes,  althhough I have not gone through there. If we are to get anywhere with this we need to all do our part to help, even if ye feel that it is small.

"Together we stand; Divided we fall!"- Pink Floyd 1970-something

- ye know they make a very good argument in that song, and the whole movie, "The Wall" reminds me a whole lot of this whole ordeal b/c of the well oiled machine factors of both. Well, in my humble opinion ye have to turn off and disassemble all parts of one machine in order to dispose of it properly and safely, so let us do it now!

They know that it is human nature to take up causes whereby a man may oppress his neighbor, no matter how unjustly. ... Hence they have had no trouble in finding men who would preach the damnability and heresy of the new doctrine from the very pulpit.

--Galileo Galilei, Italian astronomer

[ This Message was edited by: Deprogrammed on 2005-07-26 15:26 ]"

I have found that the best way to give advice to your children is to find out what they want and then advise them to do it

--Harry S. Truman

Offline Deprogrammed

• View Profile
« Reply #13 on: September 20, 2005, 10:00:00 PM »
On 2005-07-12 19:01:00, Anonymous wrote:

"June 27, 2005

Dear XXXXX,

Thank you for contacting me regarding my involvement

with the Kids Helping Kids Organization.  It is good to hear from you.

Kids Helping Kids is an organization that strives to assist

teens 13 to 21 to overcome drug abuse and alcohol problems and return to healthy, productive lifestyles.  Along with Ambassador Rob Portman, Senator Jim Bunning, and Congressmen Steve Chabot and Ken Lucas; I am on the Honorary Board of Directors. It is unfortunate that this organization is needed in this day and age, however I am encouraged by its ability to help teens in the Cincinnati area overcome a difficult disease.  I am proud to be on

the Honorary Board of such an important resource for our

community.

Thank you again for contacting me regarding my

community involvement.  Please continue to keep me informed of the issues that concern you.

Sincerely,

John A. Boehner

[Republican Representative to Congress from Ohio]"

When we contemplate the whole globe as one great dewdrop, striped and dotted with continents and islands, flying through space with all other stars all singing and shining together as one, the whole universe appears as an infinite storm of beauty.
-- John Muir

Offline Deprogrammed

• View Profile
« Reply #14 on: September 26, 2005, 09:54:00 PM »

I do not feel obliged to believe that the same God who has endowed us with sense, reason, and intellect has intended us to forgo their use

--Galileo Galilei