Author Topic: Runaways from Whitmore Academy  (Read 11466 times)

Offline Anonymous

• View Profile
Runaways from Whitmore Academy
« Reply #15 on: July 02, 2005, 07:16:00 PM »
On 2005-07-01 18:19:00, Anonymous wrote:

"who's johnny?"

Anyone have the answer to this one?
« Last Edit: December 31, 1969, 07:00:00 PM by Guest »

Offline Anonymous

• View Profile
« Reply #16 on: July 02, 2005, 08:16:00 PM »
Antigen....you and your friends are so full of shit it is sad.  if you had any idea what was going on you would not spread the crap you do.  I know the real story...you do not.  leave this issue to the families involed.  It is NOT a public issue.

Offline Anonymous

• View Profile
« Reply #17 on: July 02, 2005, 08:19:00 PM »
Once again, ANYONE have an answer to this question? :question:  :question:  :question:

Offline Anonymous

• View Profile
« Reply #18 on: July 02, 2005, 10:17:00 PM »
You better believe it is a PUBLIC ISSUE when the owner of a school has been CHARGED with abuse by the STATE OF UTAH in criminal court. THAT MAKES IT PRETTY PUBLIC!!!!

This is a PUBLIC FORUM TOO...not a group of Antigen's "friends"....don't know the lady, never met her.

You posted one thing correctly, it is rather "crappy" to abuse kids, isn't it? Tell Cheryl Sudweeks to please not do that anymore!

Offline Anonymous

• View Profile
« Reply #19 on: July 02, 2005, 10:22:00 PM »
Leave it to "the families involved?" Don't think so. The day of keeping child abuse hidden in the Whitmore FAMILY closet is way past....it will not and did not remain a "little dirty secret of the FAMILY!"

Offline Anonymous

• View Profile
« Reply #20 on: July 02, 2005, 11:05:00 PM »
The days of keeping ANY child abuse hidden away are far from over, whether it is at an institution or in the home.  

Although some may think no one knows, that is a huge mistake. ::bigsmilebounce::

Offline Anonymous

• View Profile
« Reply #21 on: July 03, 2005, 01:30:00 AM »
SUNLIGHT IS THE BEST DISINFECTANT.

Let that be out motto for the teen-help industry.

Offline Antigen

• View Profile
    • http://wwf.Fornits.com/
« Reply #22 on: July 03, 2005, 01:21:00 PM »
Honestly, I only check this thread hoping for some news on these kids. Did the other two land up back in programs? I hope not. Is the one who's still out there checking in w/ friends? Does anybody know for sure he's alright? I hope so. But I understand entirely why no one wants to give much info.

screening pre-school kids for anti-social behavior is about as useful as screening the Christian Coalition for sanctimonious behavior.

http://www.google.com/search?hl=en&ned=us&ie=UTF-8&q=Sanho+Tree&btnmeta%3Dsearch%3Dsearch=Search+the+Web' target='_new'>Sanho Tree

"Don\'t let the past remind us of what we are not now."
~ Crosby Stills Nash & Young, Sweet Judy Blue Eyes

Offline Anonymous

• View Profile
« Reply #23 on: July 03, 2005, 01:40:00 PM »
I agree...however, if he is found to be in harm's way, then I would be very supportive if the parents took every measure possible to punish the person or persons who assisted with his departure.  

He/She should not have interfered between the parent and the child.  

This irrational/impulsive behavior could cause the young man much bigger problems than were present at the Whitmore.

Just an opinion...Freedom of Speech, and all that. ::deal::

Offline Antigen

• View Profile
« Reply #24 on: July 03, 2005, 02:17:00 PM »
Yes, it is just your opinion. Evidently, in the opinions of more than a few Whit kids, the sensible thing to do to get out of harm's way is to run. Obviously, someone's helping the kid, whether they know the situation or not.

This is where it gets difficult. Those of you who think the Whit is a good and helpful organization are absolutely sure that whoever has helped this kid get away from them have done wrong. Those who feel differently about the Whit think the kids were already in some deep trouble and have helped them to get out of harm's way.

Having been the rope in that particular tug of war in the past (several times) I don't really care much about either side of that argument. My concern is for the kids. I wish them the best.

Anybody care to answer my question about the two who went home? Well, three actually. There was a girl who left a couple of days prior. Are they still free? Or did their parents lie to them to regain control of them and then send them back or off to other programs?

From the bottom of any large organization looking up through the ranks, human greed and stupidity look a lot like a conspiracy.
--S. Gilbert

Straight, Sarasota
   10/80 - 10/82
Anonymity Anonymous
return undef() if /coercion/i;

Offline Anonymous

• View Profile
« Reply #25 on: July 06, 2005, 02:04:00 PM »
If something were to happen to the missing boy on this journey "to find himself", you better belive that the individual responsible for providing the money, tickets and propaganda will be held responsible.  I know that for a fact. I bet she's keeping her fingers crossed that EVERYONE returns safely, so she can be out of hot water. No denying that.

Speculate all you wish, but I'm fairly certain that ALL 3 boys will go back to Whitmore and not by force.  Their parents love these boys and are willing to do anything to help them develop into sucessful young men. I know that ALL of the boys have confirmed that there was NO abuse at Whitmore, and they left because SOMEONE provided the means to a group of young, immature, troubled young men.  When I was that young, I would have thought it would have been a fun idea to travel cross country with friends and travelling to different concerts.  Especially with $750 burning a hole in my pocket!

I cant believe what I read on these message boards.  It is extremely vengeful, immature and genuinely unacceptable.

Offline Anonymous

• View Profile
« Reply #26 on: July 06, 2005, 02:25:00 PM »
Why would an 18 year old go back to Whitmore?
What propaganda?

Offline Anonymous

• View Profile
« Reply #27 on: July 06, 2005, 02:28:00 PM »
NO ABUSE AT WHITMORE?
Do believe Cheryl Sudweeks has been CHARGED with 7 counts of child abuse against 4 different children. So, yes there has been abuse at Whitmore Academy, along with citations for unsafe conditions, along with failed health inspections.
Hellooooooooooooooo!

Offline Antigen

• View Profile
« Reply #28 on: July 06, 2005, 02:53:00 PM »
Anon, who do you hold accountable for what happened to Joey while in the care of the Suds? And why single out only one of several legal adults who helped these boys after they ran from the Whit?

Nother question. Anybody know why these boys didn't go to the NPD and ask for protection? That's not a rhetorical question. I can't tell you how upset I was when, after hitchhiking out of state and landing up in the foster care system, I found out that Sarasota police investigators would have been happy to protect me had I only known they were investigating Straight.

Just wondering if anyone who has talked to these boys has any idea why they didn't go to the local police.

Infidel: In New York, one who does not believe in the Christian religion; in Constantinople, one who does.
--Ambrose Bierce

Offline Anonymous

• View Profile
« Reply #29 on: July 06, 2005, 03:06:00 PM »
Good questions, Antigen.
This ANON poster seems to want others to believe SOMEONE simply wanted these boys to just run off from the "safe, loving Whitmore" and attend what is NOW being presented as SEVERAL concerts, with HUNDREDS of dollars of pocket money.

Why did they run?  Why did the worker at Whitmore help them, and why doesn't she work there any longer? WHO did they run TO?
As you said: Other adults were involved, believed the reports of their abuse, and reacted.
AND: why would these parents "who love their sons" even think about returning these boys to the Whit when one of the owners has been CHARGED with 7 counts of abuse against 4 different children? What makes sense about THAT?