Author Topic: PLEASE READ  (Read 1780 times)

Offline Anonymous

• View Profile
PLEASE READ
« on: June 21, 2005, 04:38:00 AM »
From the ABC Family Brat Camp Forum on RedCliff Ascent:

Frogger_Chickadee

PLEASE READ

Posted: Jan 09, 2005 11:52 AM reply

12 Posts

Hi my names Megan and i was a gurl that was in Redcliff ascent i have had experiences there that i DO wanna forget but cant because they are engraved in my mind and they wont leave worth a dime!! i went into redcliff weighing 200 and left weighing in at 106 POUNDS i had a terrible experience there and with the reality series people i dont want others knowing my issues so y do they do this? so people can sit at home and laugh their a** off at these teens? i dont think that peoples ISSUES SHOULD BE BROADCASTED TO THE ENTIRE UNIVERSE! when i cam home i was bullimic, malnurished, retaining 20 pounds of water PER ankle, losing my hair i was practically bald, and i was sick ALL the time and its no fun people im tellin ya its EXTREMLY hard to write about this junk but its only because i havnt delt with this place AT ALL ( mom if your reading dont BUG me about the RCA!!) (thanx but i still love ya!) okz anyways i am about in tears well i AM in tears just writing this to you people because i was EXTREMLY ILL when i was at RCA and i was there for OVER 6 MONTHS! its not fun there i about died from being in the shape that i was in and if anyone wants to email me to see what i looked like be my guest!!
[email protected]

4calif_roses

Re: Re: PLEASE READ

Posted: Jan 09, 2005 10:53 PM reply

58 Posts

The site for the actual place is:www.redcliffascent.com.

braduh60l

Posted: Jan 10, 2005 06:03 AM reply

6 Posts

Your such a baby. Just because you couldn't have your cake and cookies. And they made you walk with a back pack on. Next time you send a message out to the public you sould really check the spelling. How worthless are you?

ItzAllOk

Posted: Jan 10, 2005 06:09 PM reply

2 Posts

How can you criticize someone for their spelling mistakes when the first word in your post is mispelled?

and how dare you call someone worthless. Do you know this girl? Do you know what she has been through? NO! Obviously you don't know what goes on in these wilderness-therapy programs. Walking with a backpack on is the EASY part. I was appalled when I saw the preview for this show. The idea that ABC family will humiliate and use these kids to boost their ratings is just SICK. If this show is true to form (as I suspect it won't be) it will NOT be funny or entertaining.

blizrdcat

Posted: Jan 11, 2005 02:05 PM reply

9 Posts

you are a *****! how can you critisize someone like that. have you been to red cliff... you dont know what its like

xXxCARLOSxXx

Posted: Jan 10, 2005 07:19 PM reply

4 Posts

Hey Megan, I totally agree with you!!! And wow, you lost a lot of weight O_O!! That's cruel!! As for braduh60l, I think you're such an idiot and unhappy person trying to call everyone's attention. Right... "worthless" like if we had tags with our prices on them... jerk!

softstone

Posted: Jan 10, 2005 09:04 PM reply

4 Posts

I was an 18/m when I went there. I was a skinny guy, maybe 135, and I GAINED weight to 150 or so. All muscle. I will never be as healthy as when I was there. Healthy food, the outdoors, and LOTS of excercise. No city pollution, cigarettes, alchohol coffee, MSG, sitting on your *** watching tv, no eating double stuffed oreos. Sorry to hear of your health problems megan, but from my observation, everyone I was with became much healthier.

Gossipgirl1024

Posted: Jan 10, 2005 08:45 PM reply

5 Posts

HEY,My name is Caroline and I am currently in a Psychology class at my highschool coincidentally today we watched a movie about wilderness camps, I think this actual one, I took a real interest in how these camps were used as behavioral therapy, So I was wondering if you would be willing to be a contact that I can use in my report. My sn is: gossipgirl1024. It is at AIM so, just IM me if you would be willing or know someone who would be.

Thanks
Caroline

benjiz_babe

Posted: Jan 11, 2005 08:33 AM reply

13 Posts

thatz gr8......i dont get it....lol....jk.....l8rz peepz
stay punk rock 4 life
ash

legolashorse

Posted: Jan 11, 2005 09:55 AM reply

19 Posts

Hello Megan. I am so sorry about your expirence, but I would have to disagree with you. I have never been to this camp, and I have no idea what you went through while you were there, but I do understand why ABC would put this show on TV. Imagine if you were a parent and your teen came home drunk 9 out of 10 times, either that or high. I think the reason they put this on TV is to encourage parents whose teens are out-of-control. they want them to have hope that they can help. The parents and teens had to sign a form to let them air this, so I don't get why so many people think that it is wrong to have this here. Be honest, are you a better person now after that? Do you respect your family and nature more? I am sure your parents wanted and still want what is best for you. God Bless!(and way to go with loseing the weight, walking with a backpack can help with that!

QuietStormRCA

Posted: Jan 11, 2005 12:51 PM reply

5 Posts

megan, sorry to hear that you made redcliff a bad experience. every week you are given food and if you eat it all that equals 3000 calories a day. 200 pounds is quite heavy and you should be glad that you lost weight. the average stay at RCA is 60 days. you can get out in 28. why were you there so long??!! my appoligies for you becoming sick, but i dont think it was because of redcliff.

quiet storm

wantachange

Posted: Jan 13, 2005 03:37 PM reply

8 Posts

quiet storm,
megan did not make redcliff a bad experience, your staff did. 3000 calories a day is not enough for all the hiking done daily at RCA. megan was 13 years old and the staff are the adults who are supposed to be keeping her safe. i'm sure any reliable doctor would tell you going from 178 lbs. to 106 lbs. in 5 months is unhealthy. blood tests don't lie. she was in bad shape and who are you to judge how much someone should weigh. megan was at RCA for so long because your therapist kept telling us and our insurance co. she needed just a little more time.
grizzly bear in ohio
« Last Edit: December 31, 1969, 07:00:00 PM by Guest »