Author Topic: been there done that...  (Read 1811 times)

Offline Anonymous

• View Profile
been there done that...
« on: June 20, 2005, 06:53:00 PM »
From the ABC Family Brat Camp Forum on RedCliff Ascent:

carolynbadams

been there done that...

Posted: Jan 01, 2005 04:18 PM reply

11 Posts

Hi everyone,

I am a graduate of the RedCliff program, the same that these so called "brats" are going through. I must say that having see the commercial for the program I was horrified to think that any one could be interested in this program. While TV has a way of making things look less harsh than the really are I can tell you from experience that the 59 days that I spent in the wilderness of Utah were the worst of my life. If any parents read this I would strongly urge you not to send your children to a program such as RedCliff, to the teens out there that think that this show will be funny or amusing I can safely say that thoose words are the farthest from applicable to the situation that these six young adults find themselves in. To ABC both I and my parents are appalled that you think that this is a quality show to put on a channel for children, you obviously have missed the severity of the RedCliff experience.
Sincerely,

Carolyn

SoftBear15

Re: Re: been there done that...

Posted: Jan 05, 2005 07:00 PM reply

7 Posts

Carolyn - I'm sorry you had such a horrible experience. I couldn't disagree with you more. The first days of my "trip" were the worst of my life. I wanted to give up on everything.

The staff of RCA treated me with respect through thick and thin. More importantly, they taught me to respect myself (which after nearly killing myself is a very hard thing to do).

If you have a child who is having problems in their life, contact Redcliff. They'll interview you, request information on your child, and tell you whether or not they can help. I very well might not be alive today if it weren't for RCA.

Best wishes to all graduates - and heartfelt prayers for all of the parents and future students out there preparing for the biggest journey of their life.

Soft Bear
[email protected]
this place ****** me OFF
« Last Edit: December 31, 1969, 07:00:00 PM by Guest »