Author Topic: petition for bill to End Institutionalized Child Abuse  (Read 10380 times)

Offline Deprogrammed

• View Profile
    • http://www.pathwayfamilycenter.fornits.com
petition for bill to End Institutionalized Child Abuse
« Reply #15 on: July 03, 2005, 07:34:00 PM »
Bump

Everything in moderation, including moderation.
http://www.amazon.com/exec/obidos/external-search?tag=circlofmiamithem&keyword=mark+twain&mode=books' target='_new'>Mark Twain

« Last Edit: December 31, 1969, 07:00:00 PM by Guest »
"So, you can make me cum ...that doesn\'t make you, Jesus"....Tori Amos copyright
Read about Pathway Family Centers here.

Offline Anonymous

• View Profile
« Reply #16 on: July 04, 2005, 02:30:00 AM »
Yes, if it does not get support and if letters are not written it will die. Seems people here really don't care, which is sad. It is not the only answer, but as Cherish Wisdom pointed out, and she does have wisdom, it is the best thing out there.

Right now we have no federal regulations, no protection for these kids, and I cannot understand anyone who would not support this bill. At the very least it would open the door to unannounced visits and other protection for the kids. They have none right now. Do you want it to stay that way? I don't. I want to help get this passed if I can. I hope others will join in because the way it stands, these poor kids are rotting in these places while we argue. It's disgusting.

We who support this bill know darn well it's not the all-mighty answer, but it's a start.

I personally am in contact with Congressman Miller's office and I know for a fact that if this bill is not set for hearing it will not make it to the floor. It has to make it's way to Chairman Hyde, and that hasn't happened yet. I called Hyde's office the other day. So until these gentlemen hear from us this thing is going no where. I strongly urge you to sign the petition and send your letters.

So please send your letters to:

Chairman John Boehner
Committee of Education in the Workplace
1011 Longworth HOB
Washington, DC 20515

and to:

Chairman Henry Hyde
House International Committee
2170 Rayburn HOB
Washington, DC 20515

Let them know your personal experiences and why you feel this should pass.

I guess I think about the kids who are locked up in these places. I put myself in their shoes. If there is a chance that legislation would pass that would help protect me, if I were them, I would pray to God that the adults who are supposed to be out there to help me were doing all they could to make sure it had a fair chance. Face it, the chances of it passing are not great as it stands, why not help it along.

Offline nite owl

• View Profile
« Reply #17 on: July 05, 2005, 10:20:00 PM »
Most lawmakers are aware that every letter represents about 1000 people. This petition is good even though it's not overwhelming.  It need not be.  This is still a topic that most people are unaware of. It is getting some media attention. Most of the people on this site have been harmed in some way by this industry.  George Miller has really done more to help the cause than any other lawmaker.  He deserves our support in the form of petitions, letters and so forth.   :tup:

The bible teaches that woman brought sin and death into the world, that she precipitated the fall of the race, that she was arraigned before the judgment seat of Heaven, tried, condemned and sentenced. Marriage for her was to be a condition of bondage, maternity a period of suffering and anguish, and in silence and subjection, she was to play the role of a dependent on man's bounty for all her material wants, and for all the information she might desire...Here is the Bible position of woman briefly summed up.
--Elizabeth Cady-Stanton

Offline Deprogrammed

• View Profile
« Reply #18 on: July 17, 2005, 10:09:00 PM »

No drug, not even alcohol, causes the fundamental ills of society. If we're looking for the sources of our troubles, we shouldn't test people for drugs, we should test them for stupidity, ignorance, greed and love of power.
http://www.amazon.com/exec/obidos/ASIN/0679737898/circlofmiamithem' target='_new'>P. J. O'Rourke

"So, you can make me cum ...that doesn\'t make you, Jesus"....Tori Amos copyright

Offline Anonymous

• View Profile
« Reply #19 on: July 18, 2005, 10:44:00 AM »
Stop trying to blast everything I applaud the person pushing this for their efforts, jeez is it perfect no, but it is a start which is more than what most of you have done right?  Yes!  Sitting here writing on a forum is not changing the world, the same sinycal people are typing the same things over and over, and if one does not agree - oh boy watch out.  

I mean really - grow up applaud folks who are trying to make a difference.  You don't know it all!  :flame:

Offline Anonymous

• View Profile
« Reply #20 on: July 18, 2005, 01:16:00 PM »
Write handwritten letters to your Congressman and Senators and the President.

Write letters to the editor.

Be brief, polite, and stick to the point.

That's the most effective thing that you can do.

Timoclea

Offline Antigen

• View Profile
    • http://wwf.Fornits.com/
« Reply #21 on: July 18, 2005, 05:55:00 PM »
On 2005-07-18 07:44:00, Anonymous wrote:

I mean really - grow up applaud folks who are trying to make a difference. You don't know it all!  

A, all of your efforts still derive from the impulse to control, by force, any behavior you think is wrong. There's another approach that, arguably, is less apt to do harm and many orders of magnitude more likely to actually help. Since the advent of broad access to the net, some people are calling it the Vth Estate.

But it's really just the good old fashioned IVth estate, minus some technical hurtles and a myriad of regulatory ones. (see, while the Religious Reich was busy looking up Monica Lewinsky's skirt, the geeks went and built us a largely unregulated industry.... so kiss a geek! ::kiss:: )

Go back to the founding principles. The pen is mightier than the sword. Enlighten the people generally and tyranny and oppression of both mind and body shall vanish like spirits at the dawn of day.

Do you understand that last line of my signature? No? Ask a Perl geek (or even a php geek or, likely, an asr geek...)

If you believe that people cannot be trusted to govern themselves,
then can they be trusted to govern others?

--Thomas Jefferson

"Don\'t let the past remind us of what we are not now."
~ Crosby Stills Nash & Young, Sweet Judy Blue Eyes

Offline Anonymous

• View Profile
« Reply #22 on: July 18, 2005, 06:28:00 PM »
-"It is more right for someone who wants liberty to force someone who does not want it to have it than it is for someone who does not want liberty to deprive someone else of it."-  paraphrase of John Stuart Mill in "On Liberty."

When we protect a person from any part of involuntary incarceration, we may be inadvertently forcing someone to keep their mitts off their kid's liberty when perhaps the kid would say "thank you" later, but that is (according to Mill's philosophy) better than depriving the kids who would *not* say "thank you" later of their liberty.

This bill would not entirely protect teens from being incarcerated by their parents or guardian with no due process of law, but as a step in that direction, it's a step in the right direction.

I am a minarchist, not an anarchist.

I firmly believe that it is entirely appropriate to use force or coercion in retaliation (for deterrence or recompense) or defense against someone else who initiates force or fraud.

Not everyone believes that, but I do.

Freedom means allowing other people to do things you don't like.

Would I force and coerce facilities not to abuse and neglect minors?  You bet your boots I would, as defensive force protecting the rights of the minors against the initiation of excessive and damaging force against them by their parents (knowingly or not) and bad facilities.

Pacifism can only survive in slavery or as a parasitic philosophy in the "safe" spaces for human freedom created by those who are not pacifists but who tolerate them.

The only way a sheep can peacefully coexist with a wolf is from the inside.***

Timoclea
***Old saying, actually just *almost* right.  Sheep can coexist peacefully with wolves by effectively throwing some of their number to the wolves in the hope that the wolves will eat the throwers last.  Like the old joke, "I don't have to outrun the tiger, I just have to outrun you."

Offline Deprogrammed

• View Profile
« Reply #23 on: July 20, 2005, 02:06:00 AM »
and also..let's not forget this one:
   http://www.thepetitionsite.com/takeacti ... 1121799627

Given the choice between dancing pigs and security, people will choose dancing pigs every time.
-- Ed Felton (quoted in www-security about Active-X)

Offline nite owl

• View Profile
« Reply #24 on: July 20, 2005, 06:18:00 AM »
it is sure moving ahead slowly - hopefully it is posted at other websites and so forth....

Were the power of Congress to be established in the latitude contended for, it would subvert the very foundation, and transmute the very nature of the limited Government established by the people of America.
http://www.amazon.com/exec/obidos/ASIN/0813912652/circlofmiamithem' target='_new'> James Madison

Offline nite owl

• View Profile
« Reply #25 on: July 20, 2005, 06:19:00 AM »
it should be sent even if their aren't an enormous amount of signatures.

If you believe that people cannot be trusted to govern themselves,
then can they be trusted to govern others?

--Thomas Jefferson

Offline Truth Searcher

• View Profile
« Reply #26 on: July 20, 2005, 12:04:00 PM »
Just out of curiosity, does this legislation exist in the states?
quot;The test of the morality of a society is what is does for it\'s children\"

Deitrich Bonhoeffer

Offline 001010

• View Profile
« Reply #27 on: July 20, 2005, 01:53:00 PM »
Someday it might if enough people get involved and write and call their local and federal representatives.

...the people have a right to keep and bear arms.
-- Patrick Henry and George Mason Debates

[size=79]EST (Landmark/Lifespring/Discovery) \'83
Salesmanship Club \'84-\'86
Straight, Inc. \'86-\'88[/size]

Offline Deprogrammed

• View Profile
« Reply #28 on: July 25, 2005, 07:31:00 PM »
Let's get this and the federal bill signed and passed together! These petitions and letters to senators do mean something. These things are the voice that we finally now have, and the voice that we did not have as teenagers while suffering through all of that abuse!
We have a voice, and we shall speak as one strong voice! We are only humans, and we were only humans when we were abused.......we deserved better at the time the abuse occured and we sure as hell deserve better now!
Much love from me to all of you!
I don't even know half of you but I love you all anyway as humans and as fellow survivors.
If ye have been feeling down please hang in there.
I am not stopping the crusade to fight the evil-doers until I am six feet under! Justice will be served!
Take care,
-DP

The lust for power, for dominating others, inflames the heart more than any other passion
http://www.amazon.com/exec/obidos/ASIN/0140440607/circlofmiamithem' target='_new'> Tacitus

Offline Deprogrammed

• View Profile
« Reply #29 on: July 26, 2005, 03:57:00 PM »

A good head and good heart are always a formidable combination. But when you add to that a literate tongue or pen, then you have something very special

--Nelson Mandela