Author Topic: Guantanamo Bay vs Tranquility Bay  (Read 13697 times)

Offline Antigen

• View Profile
    • http://wwf.Fornits.com/
Guantanamo Bay vs Tranquility Bay
« on: June 19, 2005, 09:26:00 PM »
"On a couple of occasions, I entered interview rooms to find a detainee chained hand and foot in a fetal position to the floor, with no chair, food or water. Most times they urinated or defecated on themselves, and had been left there for 18-24 hours or more. On one occasion, the air conditioning had been turned down so far and the temperature was so cold in the room, that the barefooted detainee was shaking with cold. . . . On another occasion, the [air conditioner] had been turned off, making the temperature in the unventilated room well over 100 degrees. The detainee was almost unconscious on the floor, with a pile of hair next to him. He had apparently been literally pulling his hair out throughout the night. On another occasion, not only was the temperature unbearably hot, but extremely loud rap music was being played in the room, and had been since the day before, with the detainee chained hand and foot in the fetal position on the tile floor." [FBI memo]

U.S. Sen. Richard Durbin (D-Ill.), after reading that extract aloud on the Senate floor last week, said it did not sound like something out of an American-run prison. To his mind, it sounded more like something that Nazis or Soviets might have done

Anybody else following this?

...and in all indictments for libels the jury shall have the right to determine the law and the facts, under the direction of the court, as in other cases.

(Jury nullification. It's not just a good idea, it's the law!)
http://www.legis.state.pa.us/WU01/VC/visitor_info/creating/constitution.htm' target='_new'>Declaration of Rights, PA Constitution

« Last Edit: December 31, 1969, 07:00:00 PM by Guest »
"Don\'t let the past remind us of what we are not now."
~ Crosby Stills Nash & Young, Sweet Judy Blue Eyes

Offline Nihilanthic

• View Profile
« Reply #1 on: June 19, 2005, 10:58:00 PM »
Remember Tranquility Bay statement "E" from ISACCORP?

Thats basically IDENTICAL to that!

Here is an exerpt from "Statement E" from the ISACCORP report on Tranquility Bay.

So, I flew to JA and went with [my friend] to see [name withheld by ISAC] and told her what I knew and how sick [my daughter] was all the time. She told me that she knew several guards and would have them check on [my daughter]. Two days later she called [my friend] and told us that [my daughter] was kept in solitary confinement most of the time. That when she wet herself she had buckets of water poured over the top of the 4x4 booth that she was shackled in. She was given one bowl of cornmeal mush a day and sometimes a piece of fruit and water from a tin bucket.

It can be found on fornits in the thread about randall hinton, here:
http://fornits.com/wwf/viewtopic.php?to ... rt=0#93462

Now, I'm sure the state department will say that its not this country, so they dont care (despite the fact that I dont see why we dont protect our own kids) and the WWASPIES will say its a lie, but whatever. Its still amazing this kind of story can come out and NOTHING HAPPEN! :flame:

The fact that they dont go at least find out is a fucking joke, but then again, the opposition to the GOP is mostly immasculated and ineffectual.

The Christian God can be easily pictured as virtually the same as the many ancient gods of past civilizations. The Christian god is a three headed monster; cruel, evil and capricious. If one wishes to know more of this raging, three headed, beast-like god, one only needs to look at the caliber of the people who say they serve him. The are always of two classes: fools and hypocrites.
--Thomas Jefferson, U.S. President, author, scientist, architect, educator, and diplomat

DannyB on the internet:I CALLED A LAWYER TODAY TO SEE IF I COULD SUE YOUR ASSES FOR DOING THIS BUT THAT WAS NOT POSSIBLE.

CCMGirl on program restraints: "DON\'T TAZ ME BRO!!!!!"

TheWho on program survivors: "From where I sit I see all the anit-program[sic] people doing all the complaining and crying."

Offline OverLordd

• View Profile
« Reply #2 on: June 19, 2005, 11:53:00 PM »
I was thinking the same thing today, "oh well, fuck those guys, they were shooting at us, what the hell about our own kids?" you know? I dont think alot of people know whats going on, if we just told the law makers and supported it, bitched wildly to the media, then every one would know and we could kill these people for what they have done.

Where powers are assumed which have not been delegated, a nullification of the act is the rightful remedy.
http://laissezfairebooks.com/product.cfm?op=view&pid=FF7485&aid=10247' target='_new'>Thomas Jefferson: Kentucky Resolutions, 1798

our walking down a hallway, you turn left, you turn right. BRICK WALL!

GAH!!!!

Yeah, hes a survivor.

Offline Antigen

• View Profile
    • http://wwf.Fornits.com/
« Reply #3 on: June 20, 2005, 12:28:00 AM »
Read up on what Howard Dean has to say about it. He was a POW for over 5 years. He knows from whence he speaks.

One of the things he's harping on lately is that these guys need and deserve full on, American style justice; an open trial to determine whether or not any particular individual is guilty. W/o that public and credible trial, it's just scapegoating.

Isn't our buddy Linchpin taking a beating right now for sporting a symbol of political scapegoating in his sig?

As men's prayers are a disease of the will, so are their creeds a disease of the intellect.
--Ralph Waldo Emerson, American essayist, poet, philosopher

"Don\'t let the past remind us of what we are not now."
~ Crosby Stills Nash & Young, Sweet Judy Blue Eyes

Offline Nihilanthic

• View Profile
« Reply #4 on: June 20, 2005, 04:42:00 AM »
Well, its a shame that Howard Dean is too vocal, indignant and well, eager to point out bullshit and raise hell (kinda like me :grin:) to get terribly far in the current political climate.

Was he really a POW for 5 years? I didnt see that in his wikipedia entry :???:

Anywho, good luck getting through to people, and even bigger, good luck making them CARE. Everyone is so apathetic these days you can do ANYTHING and nobody cares unless you personally hurt them!

I think the human race encountered Peak Intelligence decades or centuries ago. The human race has been degrading into imbeciles ever since.
http://www.erichufschmid.net/Conspiracies_Underdogs_Main.html' target='_new'>Eric Hufschmid

DannyB on the internet:I CALLED A LAWYER TODAY TO SEE IF I COULD SUE YOUR ASSES FOR DOING THIS BUT THAT WAS NOT POSSIBLE.

TheWho on program survivors: "From where I sit I see all the anit-program[sic] people doing all the complaining and crying."

Offline Anonymous

• View Profile
« Reply #5 on: June 20, 2005, 07:13:00 AM »
No one is shackeled in TB. That is just BS being spewed by someone who was not happy with the results. OP does go on but no Shackels!

Offline OverLordd

• View Profile
« Reply #6 on: June 20, 2005, 08:44:00 AM »
First off, OP? second off, there dont have to be shackles for one to be controled. The shackles these children have on are mental, and emotional, also there have been reports of restrains, and I dont think TB would spend the money on real shackles when they would just use rope or somthing cheap.

P.S. Howard Dean is a fool. He insults people without thought for what he says, consiquently he makes a fool out of him self, while I do respect him for his service to america, he just does not know how to be polite.

The Bible is not my book nor Christianity my profession. I could never give assent to the long, complicated statements of Christian dogma.
--Abraham Lincoln, U.S. President

our walking down a hallway, you turn left, you turn right. BRICK WALL!

GAH!!!!

Yeah, hes a survivor.

Offline Anonymous

• View Profile
« Reply #7 on: June 20, 2005, 10:40:00 AM »
On 2005-06-20 04:13:00, Anonymous wrote:

"No one is shackeled in TB. That is just BS being spewed by someone who was not happy with the results. OP does go on but no Shackels!"

WWASP had shackled children many times at High Impact. I won't be surprised at all to find it happens at TB as well.

"Not happy with the results"? The "results" of the program are PTSD, social isolation, loss of any sense of self, anxiety and depression-- or worse: surrendering to the cult and becoming a WWASPie zombie. How can anyone be happy with WWASP's results?

Offline BuzzKill

• View Profile
« Reply #8 on: June 20, 2005, 10:52:00 AM »
The similarities between the two situations are significant.
While I have never heard anyone say they wore shackles at TB or any other wwasp place - they do often attest to having been hog tied with duct tape.
Many confess to having lost control of bladder and bowels - or witnessing others suffering this humiliation.
One of the things much talked about when the Iraqi prisoner abuse story first broke, was the forcing of prisoners to maintain a stress position - and we all know how very familiar that is to any wwasp student.
The intentional infliction of stress, in the many varied ways, is the common denominator - and for the same reason - to break them down.
I also find it interesting that there are these frequent comparisons to the Holocaust. Those who say there is no comparison are right - there isn't - however, there is something about the situation and circumstances that people seem to recognize as a connection. It seems to strike the same cord of revulsion in people's minds. I think this is worth considering.

High Impact - did they have actual shackels - or was it also duct tape? I thought duct tape - but I can understand how duct tape might not serve as well to tie a kid down in a dog cage.

'[ This Message was edited by: BuzzKill on 2005-06-20 07:54 ]

Offline Nihilanthic

• View Profile
« Reply #9 on: June 20, 2005, 04:10:00 PM »
Psychological damage can be severe without having to actually restrain or injure or torture them.

Also, why arent you trying to dispute how sick that girl was? How poorly fed she was? How damaged she must have been to have cried for days and days and days?

How about ALL those medical problems she had, hmm? Is that just working the program?

To regard Christ as God, and to pray to him, are to my mind the greatest possible sacrilege.
--Leo Tolstoy, Russian revolutionary

Offline Anonymous

• View Profile
« Reply #10 on: June 20, 2005, 04:38:00 PM »
On 2005-06-20 04:13:00, Anonymous wrote:

"No one is shackeled in TB. That is just BS being spewed by someone who was not happy with the results. OP does go on but no Shackels!"

You are an idiot. Kids were shackeled all the time while being transported to many WWASP facilities. Good try though programmie, your program language is a dead giveaway. How do you like them results!   :wave:

Offline thepatriot

• View Profile
« Reply #11 on: June 20, 2005, 04:54:00 PM »
On 2005-06-19 21:28:00, Antigen wrote:

"Read up on what Howard Dean has to say about it. He was a POW for over 5 years. He knows from whence he speaks.

One of the things he's harping on lately is that these guys need and deserve full on, American style justice; an open trial to determine whether or not any particular individual is guilty. W/o that public and credible trial, it's just scapegoating.

Isn't our buddy Linchpin taking a beating right now for sporting a symbol of political scapegoating in his sig?

As men's prayers are a disease of the will, so are their creeds a disease of the intellect.
--Ralph Waldo Emerson, American essayist, poet, philosopher

"

Ahh no he was not a POW but claims his brother was, read his Bio.And yes he knows He knows from whence he speaks...that would be out his Ass.[ This Message was edited by: thepatriot on 2005-06-20 14:00 ]
arasota Straight Escapee

Offline thepatriot

• View Profile
« Reply #12 on: June 20, 2005, 04:56:00 PM »
Back ailment got Dean Vietnam draft deferment

Candidate says the government made decision on his status

Sarah Schweitzer and Tatsha Robertson
Boston Globe
Sept. 21, 2003 12:00 AM

In February 1970, with the Vietnam War raging, 21-year-old Howard Dean carried a set of X-rays and a letter from a Manhattan orthopedist named Hudson Wilson to Fort Hamilton in Brooklyn, where U.S. military doctors determined that he was not fit for military service because of a back condition called spondylolisthesis.

Dean was classified 1Y, according to military records, meaning he was exempt from service for the duration of the war and free to head to Colorado after his Yale graduation, where he skied at Aspen and poured concrete. Spondylolisthesis is a condition caused by an unfused vertebra. When diagnosed nearly four years earlier, he was cleared to participate in all sports except long-distance running.

"I didn't try to get out of the draft," Dean has said. "I had a physical."

Among the candidates vying for the presidency, Sen. John Kerry and retired Gen. Wesley Clark served in the Vietnam War. The others served in the National Guard, were too young for the draft, or were recipients of deferments. President Bush served in the National Guard.

Military service is nonetheless a potential political minefield. Dean is mindful of that.

"The United States government said this is your classification," he said on NBC's Meet the Press. "I'm not responsible for that. I didn't have anything to do with the decision. That was their choice."

The basis for his classification is difficult to document. The Selective Service System, following standard procedure, destroyed all records in Dean's file save his classification listings. Dean said he did not keep copies of the X-rays or Wilson's letter. Nor did he keep a copy, he said, of the letter he believes he wrote requesting a deferral from military service. His physician, Wilson, is dead.

Dean drew a relatively low lottery number, 143 out of 300, meaning he could have been called up after college, according to Lewis Brodsky, a Selective Service spokesman.

At Yale, Dean did not support the war but was not vocal. He took part in one protest, by his count. He said he was not overly worried about being drafted and said the reason he wrote a letter seeking a military medical exam was to clarify his standing.

"No, I wasn't obsessed. My attitude is, if there is a problem, you ought to face it and deal with it," Dean said.

He added, "I guess maybe I wasn't that concerned. I was just concerned enough. I think what I really wanted to know was whether I should go to officer candidate school, or something like that."

In high school, Dean considered having an operation to relieve the back condition but decided against it because it required a long convalescence. In college, he played intramural football. In Vermont, Dean hiked half of the 265-mile Long Trail and canoed the entire Connecticut River. Today, Dean says, the back injury still causes occasional pain.

But if Dean has largely lived without notice of his condition, it has trailed him nonetheless. When he chose to seek the presidency, Dean made sure official records of his health problem contained no surprises.
arasota Straight Escapee

Offline Anonymous

• View Profile
« Reply #13 on: June 20, 2005, 05:04:00 PM »
In February 1970, with the Vietnam War raging, 21-year-old Howard Dean carried a set of X-rays and a letter from a Manhattan orthopedist named Hudson Wilson to Fort Hamilton in Brooklyn, where U.S. military doctors determined that he was not fit for military service because of a back condition called spondylolisthesis.

Dean was classified 1Y, according to military records, meaning he was exempt from service for the duration of the war and free to head to Colorado after his Yale graduation, where he skied at Aspen and poured concrete. Spondylolisthesis is a condition caused by an unfused vertebra. When diagnosed nearly four years earlier, he was cleared to participate in all sports except long-distance running.

WHAT a loser! They could be talking about GeorgeW in this quote and nobody would know the difference. They are all the same.

Offline thepatriot

• View Profile
« Reply #14 on: June 20, 2005, 05:09:00 PM »
On 2005-06-20 14:04:00, Anonymous wrote:

"

WHAT a loser! They could be talking about GeorgeW in this quote and nobody would know the difference. They are all the same."

Yes they are Politicians are all the same, most anyway
arasota Straight Escapee