Author Topic: Religious Extremism: A Parenting Style  (Read 3944 times)

Offline Anonymous

• View Profile
« Last Edit: December 31, 1969, 07:00:00 PM by Guest »

Offline OverLordd

• View Profile
Religious Extremism: A Parenting Style
« Reply #1 on: June 19, 2005, 11:46:00 PM »
Let me say something, as a christian, the differance between a fundamentalist and a main stream I think, is that extream fundamentalist is one that forgot a few important things of the faith, mostly love, grace, and mercy.

"Narcotics have been systematically scapegoated and demonized. The idea that anyone can use drugs and escape a horrible fate is an anathema to these idiots. I predict that in the near future right-wingers will use drug hysteria as a pretext to set up an international police apparatus."

--William S. Burroughs

our walking down a hallway, you turn left, you turn right. BRICK WALL!

GAH!!!!

Yeah, hes a survivor.

Offline Anonymous

• View Profile
« Reply #2 on: June 19, 2005, 11:54:00 PM »
ZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZ.................

Offline mouse

• View Profile
« Reply #3 on: June 20, 2005, 03:11:00 PM »
Since you posted this on the Whitmore forum, I'm going to suppose you meant to relate it to the school, since it is Christian-based. I'll have you know that the form of Christianity it is based upon is LDS, and they believe strongly in families, being kind to children, and never harming them. And they do not take the Bible literally.

If you don't believe me, have a talk with the bishop at your local LDS church. They'll tell you straight up what it's about.
We will fight, but not out of spite; for someone must stand up for what\'s right, because where there\'s a man who has no voice, there ours shall go singing.\"
Jewel, \'Hands\'

Offline OverLordd

• View Profile
« Reply #4 on: June 20, 2005, 03:40:00 PM »
Im going to take LDS as Later Day Saints. That is the Mormon Chruch, and guess what, Mormons are a cult.

The cultural hunger for a substance that lets you hold affordable conversations with God, watch walls melt, breathe colors, and explore your psyche remains unsated.
--Ryan Grim for Slate, April 1, 2004

our walking down a hallway, you turn left, you turn right. BRICK WALL!

GAH!!!!

Yeah, hes a survivor.

Offline Anonymous

• View Profile
« Reply #5 on: June 20, 2005, 03:49:00 PM »
"Cult" defined: formal religious veneration; worship; A system of religious beliefs, ritual. (Webster's)
That defines most religions as well as denominations of Christianity.

Offline Anonymous

• View Profile
« Reply #6 on: June 20, 2005, 05:57:00 PM »
On 2005-06-20 12:11:00, mouse wrote:

"Since you posted this on the Whitmore forum, I'm going to suppose you meant to relate it to the school, since it is Christian-based. I'll have you know that the form of Christianity it is based upon is LDS, and they believe strongly in families, being kind to children, and never harming them. And they do not take the Bible literally.

If you don't believe me, have a talk with the bishop at your local LDS church. They'll tell you straight up what it's about.
"

Mormonism teaches that if Mormons are faithful, pay their tithing, obey all the laws and ordinances of the (Mormon) gospel, do their genealogy and go to the temple for secret, sacred rituals for both the living and their dead, they too can become gods and goddesses as "all gods have done before them."

Offline Anonymous

• View Profile
« Reply #7 on: June 20, 2005, 05:59:00 PM »
Many Mormon program owners disregard the law and do what they want under the guise of being obedient to Heavenly Father.

Offline Anonymous

• View Profile
« Reply #8 on: June 20, 2005, 06:00:00 PM »
On 2005-06-20 14:59:00, Anonymous wrote:

"Many Mormon program owners disregard the law and do what they want under the guise of being obedient to Heavenly Father."

The Mormon people are like those of whom Paul spoke in Romans 10, "Brethren, my heart's desire and prayer to God... is that they might be saved. For I bear them record that they have a zeal for God, but not according to Knowledge. For they, being ignorant of God's righteousness, and going about to establish their own righteousness, have not submitted themselves unto the righteousness of God."

Offline Anonymous

• View Profile
« Reply #9 on: June 20, 2005, 06:24:00 PM »
On 2005-06-20 12:11:00, mouse wrote:

"
If you don't believe me, have a talk with the bishop at your local LDS church. They'll tell you straight up what it's about."

Isn't he called a conductor???.........religion......rather have a man filled with the HOLY SPIRIT (HEART) than a nut with a religious head............bang!!! your dead...in the name of????........all shit,,all lip.......LDS, great cult.....but remember....it's CLAN.......

Offline mouse

• View Profile
« Reply #10 on: June 20, 2005, 07:10:00 PM »

"Many Mormon program owners disregard the law and do what they want under the guise of being obedient to Heavenly Father."

If they're really LDS, they would follow the laws in their religion, too. And one of those is preventing harm towards children. So, they must be lying about their religion.

Although I'm not a Mormon, I do know what the religion is about, have attended the church services many times, and have friends who are Mormon. Believe me, I found out all I could about it on both sides of the story, and it does have good teachings and a wonderful influence, including behavior towards children. One can see that just by looking at how the members live their lives.
We will fight, but not out of spite; for someone must stand up for what\'s right, because where there\'s a man who has no voice, there ours shall go singing.\"
Jewel, \'Hands\'

Offline Anonymous

• View Profile
« Reply #11 on: June 20, 2005, 08:57:00 PM »
Radio Home Page » KSL News » Local News » Stories

Utah Child Abuse Cases on the Rise
Saturday is no-hitter day, and we're not talking about baseball, but child abuse. The number of cases continues to grow in Utah.  

(Apr 15, 2005) --
 KSL NEWSRADIO AUDIO BOX  

Lance Bandley Reports:  Download the MP3

Lance Bandley Reports:  Listen to Streaming Audio

MIDVALE-(KSL News) -- The number of cases of child abuse in Utah are on the rise. More than 12,000 cases were reported across the state last year.

"We in the state of Utah, fall in about the middle range of cases of child abuse across the county. In Salt Lake county it self, we had about 5,700 children who were victims of abuse last year.

Salt Lake County Child Abuse Prevention Team Chair Diane Spencer says Utah is one of a few states that records children who witness domestic abuse as abuse victims also.

A free event at Valley Fair Mall on Saturday will address the issue.

Offline Anonymous

• View Profile
« Reply #12 on: June 20, 2005, 09:25:00 PM »
On 2005-06-20 16:10:00, mouse wrote:

"

If they're really LDS, they would follow the laws in their religion, too. And one of those is preventing harm towards children. So, they must be lying about their religion.

Although I'm not a Mormon, I do know what the religion is about, have attended the church services many times, and have friends who are Mormon. Believe me, I found out all I could about it on both sides of the story, and it does have good teachings and a wonderful influence, including behavior towards children. One can see that just by looking at how the members live their lives."

MOUSE ... Mormons may treat their own kids well but other parent's kids have died at the hands of Mormon owned and run programs since 1990.  Each death was 100% PREVENTABLE ... meaning the children did not have to die if someone had been doing their job, or just didn't abuse them in the name of toughlove.

Offline Anonymous

• View Profile
« Reply #13 on: June 20, 2005, 10:48:00 PM »
That does NOT only apply to Mormons.

Offline Anonymous

• View Profile
« Reply #14 on: June 20, 2005, 10:51:00 PM »
This is NOT a religion specific problem. It is an individual program specific situation. Each one is unique according to the directors and guidlines.