Author Topic: Off Topic re: latest terror threat  (Read 4317 times)

Offline kaydeejaded

• View Profile
Off Topic re: latest terror threat
« on: November 24, 2002, 09:13:00 PM »
[ This Message was edited by: kaydeejaded on 2004-03-03 08:38 ]
« Last Edit: December 31, 1969, 07:00:00 PM by Guest »
or those who understand, no explanation is necessary; for those who don\'t, none will do

Offline Tampa survivor

• View Profile
« Reply #1 on: November 24, 2002, 11:01:00 PM »
Well, I guess I ought to plan my last hour...

Really, I wouldn't give any credibility to the 89 Million in an hour thing.  Ah, during the cold war we could have done it with a full scale exchange (like 8000 BIG warheads going off).  One "suitcase nuke" like they talk about terrorists getting would only take out a few mile radius of an area.  It would really suck for those nearby, but i think tens of thousands would be a more realistic worse case.

I don't think we will get warning.

I think the odds of being one of the few thousand killed in a coordinated hit  are favorable towards survival.  We have a big ass country.  270 million.  Probably get hit by lightning fishing or golfing in Florida first.

Don't ever let them win.

If we freak out, they win.

Hang in there Kaydee

Bill

[ This Message was edited by: Tampa survivor on 2002-11-24 20:03 ]
Bill H
St Pete & Atlanta, never surrendered!
12/80-12/82

Offline Anonymous

• View Profile
« Reply #2 on: November 25, 2002, 01:20:00 AM »
Bush is a moron.  He is mor of a danger TO EVERYBODY
than Osama.

And Ashcroft...

Well he's afraid of Calico Cats --- they are the devil incarnate, don't you know.

Your all crazy.

:wstupid:

Offline Anonymous

• View Profile
« Reply #3 on: November 25, 2002, 09:22:00 AM »
I would have to say that Bill hit the nail on the head. However when he said "they win" , I guess who they are could be subjective.

You do have a right to be scared as we should all be scared, but not about what Osama is going to do. We should be concerning ourselves about what our Guberment is doing. They are the ones that perpetrated this hole mess. It's their policies of "foreign control" that are  :nworthy:

If they can keep you sacred or watchin' your TV then they don't need to watch you.

Offline METALGOD8

• View Profile
« Reply #4 on: November 25, 2002, 10:28:00 AM »
No point in worrying about the terrorists killing you, you'll never know it happened. I worry about it being roun the DC area and Quantico Marine Base. Of course, if they come down here, we'll skin em and hang em up in the barn for a few days to dry. They dont want to come down here. 80 million people, damn, that's a lot of headstones. The only thing that would cause that much death would be a natural disaster like a comet, so relax, take a deep breath and be safe. Thank the lord they caught that damn sniper!  :grin:   MG8

Offline kaydeejaded

• View Profile
« Reply #5 on: November 25, 2002, 11:49:00 AM »
I have never trusted the government.  ::rainbow:: peace peace peace out!!
or those who understand, no explanation is necessary; for those who don\'t, none will do

Offline Froderik

• View Profile
« Reply #6 on: November 25, 2002, 12:20:00 PM »
No, our govt's track record is far from good, & who knows what the future holds for us... ::soapbox:: that they're doing, now it would seem that something drastic has to be done to keep us alive. But what? ::deal::  

[ This Message was edited by: AlexL on 2002-11-25 09:21 ]

Offline kaydeejaded

• View Profile
« Reply #7 on: November 25, 2002, 12:46:00 PM »
Yeah sick but I have wondered that too. Did they do it just to get us behind them to gear up for war? If they didn't then they are clueless, then if they did they are evil they are evil and clueless?  :cry:

Offline Carmel

• View Profile
« Reply #8 on: November 25, 2002, 02:49:00 PM »
::bangin:: is what we have been doing to these other people for years and years...OF COURSE they are going to be pissed. I was reading that supposed document by Osama Bin Laden regarding his reasoning for the attacks against the US and the American people.  And as much as we are all "Osama Haters" the guy has a point or two.  Millions of people die or are killed all over the world every year, and none too few are a direct result of some crap the US is involved in.  Thats a fact, whether it is righteous or not.  And he says that with all the bloodshed around the world that happens in the name of injustice, we have 3000 people die here in our country, and I quote " this finally has made the American people stand up, and they have not yet sat down."  The freak has a point.  The US has their own agenda for everything.  And although we speak for justice and freedom, we only stand up for it if it a)lines our pockets, b) lines our pockets, or c) lines the pockets of those who support our lined pockets.

I dont buy into Osama's beliefs or point of view...his pockets are lined as heavily as ours.  But from the point of view of the Middle Eastern people....we have to understand that they are surrounded by justifications of why Americans are the source of their pain and suffering.  We all get this picture fed to us by the media about how they are all a bunch of whiners and they are all crazy.  If your family was starving, dying, getting killed, blown up, and so forth...wouldnt you be up in arms about it?  Of course we would.  As it should be.  The US government does not care about the Middle Eastern people....they care about the flow of oil, and the high dollar interests of a select few.  The Middle Eastern people see it every day, and their hatred of us is justified.  As is their jealousy of our freedoms...after all, we preach liberty...but you dont see us shipping boatloads of the repressed over here to take part in this so-called freedom.

I do not believe in the unquestionable innocence of the United States...our hands are coverd in the blood of millions.  We arent the only ones mind you...but we are dirty, just like everyone else.  And for that reason our people should re-think their shocked reaction when it comes time to pay up.
...hands went up and people hit the floor, he wasted two kids that ran for the door....."
-Beastie Boys, Paul Revere

Offline Antigen

• View Profile
    • http://wwf.Fornits.com/
« Reply #9 on: November 25, 2002, 04:49:00 PM »
:wstupid:

Vultures in Eagles Clothing, by Lynne Meredith

"Silent Weapons For Quiet Wars

"An economic conquest takes place when nations are placed under "tribute" without the use of visusal force, so that the victims do not realize they have been conquered.  The conquest begins when the conquerors gain control of the monetary system of a nation.  The conquerors do not want to arouse suspicion so they make gradual changes, to their benefit.  They slowly usurp the financial assets of a nation.  Tribute is collected from said nation in the form of "Legal" debts, and taxes, which the people are led to believe is for their own good, and the good of others, and to protect them from an enemy.  The enemy then becomes the benefactor and the protector.  Although this method is much slower than military conquest, it is longer lasting because the captives do not see any military force used against them.  The people are "Free" to participate in elections for their rulers, although the outcome is of course manipulated by those in control.  Without even realizing it, a nation thus becomes conquered.  Their wealth is transferred to their captors and the conquest is complete. "

from: Billions for Bankers, Debts for the People Sheldon Emry

I'm no expert on the mideast. But I've picked up a good deal of info over the last year. It looks to me asif Osama is the warrior son of the Binladen clan. The Bin Ladens would like to unseat the Saud clan and cut out as much American/British influence as possible. And that's just exactly what he's working toward.

I was really not surprised by the WTO attack. And I was no more or less saddened about it than I have been about all of the carnage that happens in other parts of the world, as reported in the media.

One thing, though. It's becoming more and more clear that the US Federal Government and America are two seperate and distinct entities. America loves freedom and tolerance, hates war and has no respect for theft and coercion. The USFG has no such ideology. We could spend a lifetime going back and forth about how this has happened and who's fault it is. But it won't make anything any better. I'm more interested these days in how to get back from whence we came.

[ This Message was edited by: Antigen on 2002-11-25 13:50 ]
"Don\'t let the past remind us of what we are not now."
~ Crosby Stills Nash & Young, Sweet Judy Blue Eyes

Offline Tampa survivor

• View Profile
« Reply #10 on: November 25, 2002, 05:01:00 PM »
John Ashecroft against govt intrusion of internet by Clinton in 1997
http://usinfo.state.gov/journals/itgic/ ... e/gj-7.htm
A few years changes everything.  I guess the senator lost his mind when he became Attny General.
Bill H
St Pete & Atlanta, never surrendered!
12/80-12/82

Offline Antigen

• View Profile
« Reply #11 on: November 25, 2002, 07:32:00 PM »
Thanks for that, Bill. I've got some pretty cool friends.

Offline Anonymous

• View Profile
« Reply #12 on: November 25, 2002, 07:33:00 PM »
::hehehmm::

Offline METALGOD8

• View Profile
« Reply #13 on: November 25, 2002, 07:49:00 PM »
Ah, Web God, please, I need some nitric for my gold mining operation. Where can I get some? ::puke::  Let me know, please, thanks...  MG8

What if a group of people just told the government to f off and lived like the pioneers out in desolate Montana somewhere? Would they go to jail for that?

Offline Antigen

• View Profile
« Reply #14 on: November 25, 2002, 08:20:00 PM »
Well, watch what happens in California. They've legalized medical MJ, DEA has raided hospices and clubs, at one point holding a parapalegic woman at gun point and demending she rise and walk! I'm having a hard time pulling up links on it, but it's my understanding that a bunch of local municipalities and countys passed referendums requesting that their local law enforcement no longer work with DEA.

What next, civil war? It's possible. Fancy this for a moment. Many people believe that the Civil War was a whole bitch of a lot more complex than slavery. Slavery was an issue, but not anywhere near the main cause. What if the drug war becomes the scapegoad of another civil war in similar fashion?