Author Topic: HUGE news article on Spring Creek Lodge  (Read 3300 times)

Offline Anonymous

• View Profile
HUGE news article on Spring Creek Lodge
« on: June 16, 2005, 04:16:00 PM »
Spring Creek's Short Leash
by John S. Adams, photos by Chad Harder
June 16, 2005

Above: With around 450 students, Spring Creek Lodge is the largest of Montana?s approximately 35 teen behavior modification and therapeutic programs. Students there are not allowed to fraternize with members of the opposite sex.
Below: Spring Creek director Chaffin Pullan, left, and program director Mike Chisholm, seated, say that ?intervention? rooms like this one are used to ?cool down? disruptive students. Former students say they are used as solitary confinement.

Montana?s behavior modification programs watch their troubled teen charges like hawks. Recent lawsuits and allegations of abuse raise the question: Who?s watching them?

By the summer of 2004 Janet Larson was at her wit?s end. Her 17-year-old daughter Christina (both names have been changed) was drinking, smoking, sneaking out, doing drugs and lying. Her parents were worried sick she would drop out of school, end up in jail, or worse.

So they made a difficult decision that summer, a decision they hoped would change their daughter?s life: They decided to send Christina to a private behavior modification program in Western Montana. Like thousands of parents around the country who send their children away in hopes of saving their lives, Christina?s parents were convinced they had no other choice.

Her experience at Spring Creek Lodge in Thompson Falls did change Christina?s life, but not in the way her parents expected. Less than two months after enrolling in the program, Christina was back home in southern California, dealing with what her mother calls the ?shock treatment? she received at Spring Creek, as well as the news that a bunk-mate and friend at the school had killed herself just days after Christina?s departure.

READ ENTIRE (Very Long) ARTICLE HERE:

http://www.everyweek.com/News/News.asp?no=4970
« Last Edit: December 31, 1969, 07:00:00 PM by Guest »

Offline 69

• View Profile
« Reply #1 on: June 16, 2005, 07:06:00 PM »
Looks like they have them wearing uniforms now.. and they have a new iso room, a hell of a lot cleaner than the hobbit. Looks like they upgraded the hungry horse too. Weird.

Offline BuzzKill

• View Profile
« Reply #2 on: June 16, 2005, 07:25:00 PM »
I noticed the spiffy Iso room - all bright and shiny and new. I bet they still have the Hobbit - and I bet thats where the average mis behavin kiddo goes. But that isn't something they want to have news paper photos of, is it?
Maybe someone should send a copy to the reporter.

Offline Anonymous

• View Profile

Offline Anonymous

• View Profile
« Reply #4 on: June 17, 2005, 10:26:00 PM »
What is the hobbit and if someone has a picture of it, please post it.  I would be willing to send a team in to investigate with some evidence of the allegations

Offline Anonymous

• View Profile
« Reply #5 on: June 17, 2005, 11:01:00 PM »

Offline BuzzKill

• View Profile
« Reply #6 on: June 17, 2005, 11:02:00 PM »
I don't know how to post photos - but I do have a copy.
If you email me I can send it - or maybe someone who knows how to post it will.

Offline BuzzKill

• View Profile
« Reply #7 on: June 17, 2005, 11:02:00 PM »
I see someone who knows how did :wink:

Offline Anonymous

• View Profile
« Reply #8 on: June 18, 2005, 11:14:00 AM »
Buzz- just for reference if you ever want to post a pic. The image must be hosted somewhere else, so you can just steal it from anywhere on the web basically. Simply right click the image, click on 'copy image location' and then paste the URL in between the tags

:wave:

Offline Anonymous

• View Profile
« Reply #9 on: June 18, 2005, 11:15:00 AM »
Buzz- just for reference if you ever want to post a pic. The image must be hosted somewhere else, so you can just steal it from anywhere on the web basically. Simply right click the image, click on 'copy image location' and then paste the URL in between the tags [ img] [/img]

:wave:

Offline Antigen

• View Profile
    • http://wwf.Fornits.com/
« Reply #10 on: June 18, 2005, 11:25:00 AM »
Wow, check this out! I didn't realize this was the cover story.

http://www.everyweek.com/

Psychedelics often produce psychotic and even violent behavior in those who have never used them.
--Timothy Leary

"Don\'t let the past remind us of what we are not now."
~ Crosby Stills Nash & Young, Sweet Judy Blue Eyes

Offline Anonymous

• View Profile
« Reply #11 on: June 18, 2005, 11:29:00 AM »
With 450 students at over 3400 a month in tuition, not to mention other costs they charge for, they are grossing well over 1.5 million per month. That facility could be purchased for next to nothing, the staff is unqualified and cheap. They are making so much money it's ridiculous. WHEN WILL PARENTS WAKE UP AND STOP SENDING THEIR KIDS! Fuck WWASP.  :skull:

Offline Anonymous

• View Profile
« Reply #12 on: June 18, 2005, 12:49:00 PM »
The hobbit is not called the hobbit anymore. It's called "intervention." John France's room, the one posted above, is now painted purple. It has lady bugs and butterflies printed on the walls. The shelves are gone and replaced with "rocker chairs." Things have changed since France was there. There is one remaining Hobbit-like room with the shelves and such, but admin claims its not used anymore. The boys intervention is three rooms, all with rocker chairs, and all painted a sickly greenish blue... girls is two rooms, painted purple...

Offline Anonymous

• View Profile
« Reply #13 on: June 18, 2005, 12:56:00 PM »
On 2005-06-18 09:49:00, Anonymous wrote:

"The hobbit is not called the hobbit anymore. It's called "intervention." John France's room, the one posted above, is now painted purple. It has lady bugs and butterflies printed on the walls. The shelves are gone and replaced with "rocker chairs." Things have changed since France was there. There is one remaining Hobbit-like room with the shelves and such, but admin claims its not used anymore. The boys intervention is three rooms, all with rocker chairs, and all painted a sickly greenish blue... girls is two rooms, painted purple..."

LMAO, you have to be kidding me... lol. Of course they claim the room isnt used anymore. THey sure have a pretty one now for press and parents to see. A rocker chair? 3 days in a rocker chair, haha. The Pulmans are such a bunch of freaks, I hope they keel over soon. Fat bastards.

Offline Anonymous

• View Profile
« Reply #14 on: June 18, 2005, 02:10:00 PM »
ANybody remember Red Rock where WWAPS Kids were taken before being shipped out of country?>